Sainte Ni Touche - Brasserie Trois Dames

Beer added by: thagr81us on 07-06-2012

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Reviews by grover37:

3.7/5  rDev -7.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Not positive on the style of this one, so feel free to correct if needed, but all the right aspects were there.

Enjoyed this one while sitting by the pool on the 4th in the sun! Served from bottle into an RJ Rockers shaker. Poured red-orange with a half finger off-white head that subsided to a minimal amount almost instantly. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, sulphur, lemon, and fruit. The flavor was of sweet malt, fruit, sour, tart, wood, and a nice funk note. It had a light feel on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this was a pretty decent brew. I was really shocked at what I found in this one upon investigation. I kind of went in blind not knowing what to expect and really enjoyed what I found. They said it was a Pale aged in oak barrels, but it just didn't feel right putting this one in the Pale category based on the persona it had taken on in the barrels. I figured this was a little more suiting due to the flavors and aromas I picked up on. Definitely a must try that will get you in trouble quickly as the 9% ABV was nowhere to be found. Tick.

4.85/5  rDev +21.3%

Another solid offering to my pallet from these guys, or should I say Dames!
My third of their beers and I am even more amazed! I am starting to really get it now. Some times there is a GOOOOOD reason WHY a beer might cost $25 to $30 a bottle! I have been bold and well rewarded!

Weird murky color with a different funk then I have ever smelled but making it inviting. A well balanced ale with just the nicest sourness that imparts a taste I could not pin down. Maybe a current or elderberry kind of passion fruit thing around the edges of my tong on each sip.
This was a very well balanced soured ale that never got too much of any one thing.
I can't say they got some style right here but they sure made me one of the finest sours I ever had!
It's a shame it was a one time brew. So glad I got the last on the shelf when I did.
(I can't wait to try their next offering. My #4)

3.81/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.97/5  rDev -0.7%

FIrst had: on tap at TJ's, Paolia, PA

First thing I thought of when seeing this beer: "We are the Knights Who Say 'Ni'!" (The face you're making now is probably the same my wife made when I exclaimed this at the bar.)

Served in a tulip glass, a murky, ruddy brown color with a small wispy head that disappeared within seconds, leaving no lacing behind; not unusual for the style. Aroma was decently tart with cherries and lemon, mildly acetic. More mellow tart/sour notes in the taste, nothing jarring or puckering, lemon, chewy cherry, acetic acid, fruitcake, dank grass, definite woody quality in the finish. Medium body, soft low carbonation, higher alcohol barely detectable. Pretty good overall.

3.5/5  rDev -12.5%

3.5/5  rDev -12.5%

3.94/5  rDev -1.5%

Bottle pour at the bottle share hosted by Adam Fine Wine & Liquor held at Sophie’s Place in Redondo Beach, CA.

Pours a hazy orange with a foamy beige head that fades to nothing. No lacing on this one. Smell is sour and tart with some grain, fruit, and slight wood aromas. Taste is much the same with a really acidic quality and a woody finish. This beer has a good level of carbonation with a crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a good beer that is quite tasty but really sour.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Sainte Ni Touche from Brasserie Trois Dames
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.