Daisy Cutter Pale Ale - Half Acre Beer Company

Half Acre Beer Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: emerge077 on 03-20-2009

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Daisy Cutter Pale Ale Alström Bros
4.4/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

A - Pours a very hazy orange color with puffy, 2.5 finger off white head, plenty of lacing.

S - Very citrusy and piney. Grapefruit, resin, and pine. Good malt backbone present. Light.

T - Taste begins sweet before fading into a solid wallop of piney hops before finishing clean and lightly fruit again.

M - Clean and crisp, full bodied, highly carbonated.

Overall - This was an outstanding beer here. Very well done.

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

2.5/5  rDev -40%

4.09/5  rDev -1.9%

Big thank you to member mwc for bring this over in his suitcase ! ! !

What can I say ... The first impression is like ... WOW ! A very nice, soft, aromatic beer which proves to be a challenge for both the nose and the tastebuds. I pourred this one in a trappist-like pint (La Trappe) and the rooms get filled with a nice melange from hops and daisies (what's in a name). This velvety feeling continues when the first drop comes in contact with the mouth and with a lingering after-taste. Nice ! ! !

Although I like this beer and I'm happy that I got the opportunity to discover and taste this on, at the end I found myself struggling to finish the complete can. I had two cans and on both occassions I started to struglle just over halfway as the smell and taste just becomes 'too much' flower-power ...

At the end, I would still buy this beer (but it's not available in Belgium so ...) for a lazy Sunday afternoon on the couch when it's' me, myself and I' time but I wouldn't order this in a pub or when together with friends.

4.55/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

My first thought: How have I not reviewed this yet!?
Poured into my New Glarus Pint cuz I love that glass

A- Pours a beautiful orange hue with a white head that leaves a little lacing

S- Nice sharp hops in the front with some tropical fruits in the middle and malts on the tail end of the nose

T- MMMM lots of citrusy hops that are balanced with just a touch of both pine and pale malts. Damn near flawless

M- Great amount of carbonation leading to something thats not too prickly and not too flat

O- I love this beer and consume it reguarly. Hope the 2 guys I just sent it to enjoy it as much as I do ;)

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

3.92/5  rDev -6%

served from the tap at Union Jack's Inn in Oley PA. served in a wide mouth stemmed glass.

appears a clear copper color with thin white head. Head fades. Big hop aroma - flowery, citrus. Taste is also dominated by a sharp hop bite, balances with some biscuity malt flavor. Body is on the thinner side, medium carbonation.

Overall - a nice hop-forward pale ale.

4.25/5  rDev +1.9%

Pours cloudy light gold with a big white creamy head. Excellent lacing and retention.

Light citrus and lemon aromas with a slight hint of grass. Not a ton of malt here.

Lives up to its name in the flavor. Loads of floral hops throughout along with the lemon and citrus. A touch of grainy malt, but this is a hop forward pale ale.

Light mouthfeel, but not watery. Good levels of carbonation.

One of the standard bearers for an easy drinking pale. Nothing earth shattered, but really good.

Daisy Cutter Pale Ale from Half Acre Beer Company