Big Hugs - Half Acre Beer Company

Half Acre Beer Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

Russian Imperial Stout |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: emerge077 on 12-10-2009

This beer is a thug. Big and chock full of tender embrace.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Big Hugs Alström Bros
Ratings: 582 | Reviews: 157
3.92/5  rDev -5.5%

Had this at a tasting last night. Thanks to rwnewhouse for bringing this.

This pours black, though it doesn't seem to suck in all the light around it like other stouts can. On the nose, even a year later, there is still a good deal of coffee, with bitter chocolate and bitter roasted malt. In the mouth those three different types of bitterness dominate, but there is also a slightly citric flavor in the long finish. The coffee has probably faded quite a bit, but it's still present and doesn't taste stale or anything. The body is surprisingly medium, something I also ran into with their Wild America barleywine.

Overall, this is a pretty nice coffee stout, though I would have liked to have tried it a little fresher. That might have helped the pungency of the beer, but it probably wouldn't help the weirdly average body.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I've had the pleasure of having this beer on tap, bottle, and in growler...yay!!!

Anyway on this occasion, I will look back to my wonderous experience on the day of its December release in 2011.

Serving type: Growler-split amongst 3 people in 2Hopleaf tulip glasses and 1 Bell's tulip glass.

S- Robust coffee, hints of chocolate....ah Dark Matter Coffee!!!
A-Black, black, black. W a thin brown lacing that coated the side of the glass as you drink.
T- Robust black Coffee (maybe a darker roast) w/ a pinch of azucar
M- LIght carbonation, coffee definitely stays on your buds for a bit.
O-Fantastic buy. One of my favorite ovarall and possibly my favorite seasonals from Half Acre. I will hodl on to my last 22 oz until my last breathe.

4.37/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from bottle into an oversized snifter

Pours black with a quick settling dark tan head. Some lacing remains along the sides of the glass. Carbonation appears low to moderate.

Great aroma of dark roasted malts and coffee. Some bitter cacao mixes in as well. Baker's chocolate immediately comes to mind. Sweet malt balances out the bitter, roasted coffee.

Sweet roasted malt combines with fresh coffee beans and baker's semi-sweet chocolate. This is certainly a coffee forward RIS but the other flavors can stand alone. Bold with just the right roastiness and sweetness required for an excellent and balanced RIS.

The mouthfeel is a bit thin for the style, but creaminess reigns the palate. Moderate and appropriate carbonation for the style. Very smooth and quaffable.

An excellent offering by Half Acre. The best beer they make imo. The flavors are rich, bold and delicious. This would be a world class stout if it were more chewy and viscous. Enjoy this one fresh to get the full bodied coffee flavor.

4.12/5  rDev -0.7%

Shared a 1pt. 6 Fluid oz. bottle of this w/ CurtisMcArthur and other BA friends in Nashville, TN. Poured from the Snow Scened Bottle w/ a "Devilish" looking Cat Squeezing Santa and a Ice Monster while an elf is running past the North Pole Sign into a 12oz Tulip Glass. Does not have a freshness date on the bottle but must be new b/c this label is much different than the one on BA.

Aroma- Had a very entertaining aroma. As I poured the beer into my glass, it smelled as if you were walking into a coffee shop with blended coffees for sale. Tons of roastiness and malt came across too. Cool!

Appearance- Poured a .5 finger head that died fairly quick. Had an extreme dark brown body. Left dark brown suds behind.

Flavor- A very deep and roasty brew was present at the beginning and then shorty changed into a coffee stout like brew. Not as complexed as I would like but the deepness and rich flavor of coffee contributed positively. Had a light-medium bitter finish.

Mouthfeel- Medium Bodied, Light-Medium Bodied, VERY smooth and light alcohol warming.

Overall Impression- I would literally buy this beer again just for the picture on the label! Awesome! This came off more like a coffee stout for me. I wouldn't throw it into the 2X or Russian Imperial Stout category because of its lighter bodied character and wasn't too complexed. Recommend but for a different style.

4.16/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

A - pitch black with a sandy colored, rocky, sticky head; lots of lacing left on glass

S - roast, black coffee, dark chocolate, slight solvent alcohol

T - bittersweet chocolate and well roasted coffee up front with an almost bourbony alcohol bite further along; has a bittering finish (hops?)

M - beautiful, rich texture on a thick body; short, pleasant, bitter linger

D - somewhat unique for a coffee stout - dry, very roasty, and bittersweet; very nice taste and mouthfeel; i would drink this year-round if available

4.33/5  rDev +4.3%

2011 22 oz bomber poured into a Duvel tulip

A: Pours a motor oil black with a a soft brown colored head. Really a great looking beer.

S: Got a huge waft of the dark matter coffee with a hint of chocolate. Very coffee forward smell.

T: It opens up with a dominant coffee flavor and finishes nicely with tastes of dark chocolate and roasted malt.

M: Surprisingly smooth. Medium bodied with a nice lingering taste of coffee. If you are a big coffee fan like myself you will very much enjoy this one.

O: Another nice offering from Half Acre. Very coffee forward and overall a very solid stout offering. I'm excited to be a Chicago resident and be around as Half Acre grows as Brewery.

4.52/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

2011 Big Hugs
From bottle to snifter

A- dark brown to black w/ a one finger tan head that does not dissipate little to no light shines through.

S- Coffee and cream at first. hints of vanilla and the familiar roastiness of a Russian Imperial Stout soon follow. I also find a very faint butterscotch aroma. Hopefully the taste follows suit because the aroma of this one is magnificent.

T- Strong coffee, but not too strong. Roasty, yet at the same time a pleasing mellowness to it. Vanilla and cream in the back end. The tastes blend very well with each other.

M- Medium body. I'd like a little more for my tastes.

D- very drinkable for a 10% stout. I do not see this one lasting long.

O- I really enjoyed this bottle. The flavors all mesh very well and are what I want in a coffee stout. I will be looking for more bottles of this one in the future.

Half Acre
Big Hugs '11
Victory snifter

A: Pours basically a pitch black color.  Two fingers of tan head.  Lots of sticky lacing are left on the glass. Some alcohol feet are there.  Tight tiny bubbles coming from the bottom of the glass.

S: Lots of roasted malt notes.  There is a good amount of dark roast coffee, but its not as much as I have read about. Some dark fruit notes as well behind it all.

T: Lots of roasted notes.  Not as much coffee as I was expecting. Maybe my palate was just beat up after an Xmas day of drinking stouts.

M: Medium to full.  Nice roasty mouth coat.

O: I like this one, but it wasn't a mind blowing RIS by any means. I like the coffee forward stouts, but I wanted even more coffee on this one.

4.35/5  rDev +4.8%

Growler purchased at Half Acre on Dec. 18, 2011 and shared with family a week later on Christmas day. Served in my lovely new HA-branded snifter/tulip.

A - Dark chocolate/black in color, topped with 2 fingers of creamy, latte-colored foam that leaves behind a decent amount of lacing as it recedes.

S - Freshly roasted house blend, and not much else. It's a lovely coffee aroma, but a bit one-dimensional. As it warms, some basic stout roastiness, mild hop aroma, and some cocoa shows up as well.

T - Great, bitter coffee stout. The coffee is spot on, and is supported nicely by dark bread and bittersweet chocolate notes from the malt bill, and just the right kick of spicy, earthy hops to provide a well-rounded flavor profile. Slight warming brings out a subtly sweeter hot cocoa taste and some boozy warmth. Really quite fantastic and much more complex than what the nose seemed to offer.

M - Full-bodied, nicely carbonated, finishes rather dry for a big stout. I'd like to just sip at it, but it keeps disappearing from my glass.

O - My first time in the kitten's embrace, certainly won't be my last. Highly recommended.

4.07/5  rDev -1.9%

Served in a Duvel tulip.

A- black with 2" creamy brown head. Some lacing that resides quickly.

S- bitter dark chocolate and a ton of chocolate.

T- roasted malts and huge coffee flavor. Some bitter chocolate at finish.

M- medium to full body. Smooth and creamy.

O- I'd you like coffee you will love this beer! Definite improvement from last year, little thin last year.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Fresh 2011 bottle poured into a glass goblet. Reviewed from notes.

Appearance: Pours a nice black with an off white head. Nice retention and web lacing.

Smell: Coffee, sweet chocolates and roasted malt. Very inviting and smells delicious.

Taste: Light on the coffee to me but a nice sweet creamy chocolate flavor. That combined with the roasted malts makes the alcohol nonexistent. I could drink this beer all night.

Mouthfeel: Maybe it was because I drank this right after having a fresh BCBS but I thought mouthfeel was a little thin. But for being a sweet stout it definitely works!

Overall: Like an imperial and a milk stout rolled into one. Delicious flavors and smell make this beer a total package. Too bad it is so limited and hard to get as I could drink one of these every weekend and be content. Already can't wait till next year. Definitely seek this one out!

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I am proclaiming that Half Acre will be the premier micro brewery in Chicago in five years. Goose Island is not longer Chicago I'm sorry. They keep getting better every year and are currently expanding their brewery so they can increase the amount of these great brews that we may get our hands on. I got two bombers at the release for this fantastic beer, it was very much worth the drive and short line wait. I am sad though that I did not dress as a cat as stated to on the update for the release. I figured a surprise gift would be like a coaster or bottle opener, turns it was some random corked bomber and a tulip! That is super badass and I learned my lesson on that one. Now onto to the review which I'm sure you can tell how I feel about the brew already.

Upon opening the beer I was kinda surprised by the muted smell I was getting. I figured for sure I would smelling that amazing Dark Matter coffee that Half Acre used to brew this beer. I then realized it was far too cold to get any great smell going. It was cold from sitting in the freezing brewery loading dock for the release. This was my only complaint about how the release was setup. After the beer sat for a few in the warmth of a friends furnished basement the amazing aroma I was hoping for came out. I smelled more coffee than roasty smokiness which I was pleased about.

It's as you would imagine a dark ass mofo of a beer. My favorite part is that wonderful medium brown head you get off a great Imperial Stout. I just mentally prepares me for the greatness within. It pours id say about a finger of head. I personally like a tad more on my Stouts but no real complaint. This however is a glimpse into my biggest complaint with this beer...

It tastes smooth and delicious with a hearty coffee kick. It slides down the throat nicely and isn't a very thick Stout at all considering the amount of flavor you get outta this. My biggest issue which I hinted at earlier is that it seems a tad "flat". I almost want to chalk this up to Half Acre being a really small brewery still. They have shown and continue to show they can hang with the big boys of the micro brew industry, but they still seem to be not quite ready to fully take a spot on top. I will compare them to lets say Founders which i would say is one the most consistent breweries who do some of the best Stouts that are similar to Big Hugs. That consistency thing is what elevates them to me, their beers never taste flat. The flavors are bold and up front and don't feel like they could and should have been more. Big Hugs has that slight letdown like it has more to offer you but just fell short of true epic status. This being said I freaking love this beer. The coffee taste is damn near perfect, thanks in large part to the amazingness that is Dark Matter coffee. This doesn't finish smokey or roasty, it just keeps hitting that cofee flavor. Well maybe there is some roast in the back end but it makes me think of a roasted coffee bean. I drank another last night Christmas Eve and it was fantastic. As you can see by my score my problem with it is minor but that jump from close to perfect beer to actually being perfect is huge. Half Acre will get there one day, sooner than later I assume. Until then I will continue to enjoy the journey with them!

Cheers!

4.01/5  rDev -3.4%

22 oz. bottle served in a Deschutes snifter. 2011 vintage.

A: Pours a pitch color with a very bubbly dark khaki head. It rises up to about three fingers in height before settling to a thick collar. There is tons of sticky webbing down the glass. Looks phenomenal.

S: The nose was a tad on the sweeter side. Sweet chocolate malts and vanilla were at the front which was followed by a prominent roasted coffee bean body. There was a touch of raw cocoa as well.

T: Dark coffee grinds dominant the beginning of each sip, but then it transitions nicely to some dark chocolate, creamy sugar, and a nice roasted malt flavor. The finish is a combination of sweet vanilla and some boozy dark fruit.

M: Medium to heavy bodied. It was a tad thin on the initial pour when it was a little colder, but once it warmed up it became thicker and creamier. There was a touch to much carbonation for my liking. The dark roasted coffee flavors lingered on the palate for quite sometime after each sip which was nice.

O: A very solid and great tasting beer. I was expecting the coffee to take over, but it was very well balanced. Just a tad over carbonated.

3.9/5  rDev -6%

Reviewing the Big Hugs from Half Acre Brewing Company.
Score: 88

Fresh 2011 vintage bottle poured in a CBS snifter glass. Amazing artwork on the bottle. Click on the images to the right (labels from the different Big Hugs vintages) to enlarge.

Appearance: Pours a pitch black with a half finger of creamy tan head that settles into a thin ring around the glass. Pretty solid lacing. 4/5

Smell: Velvety black coffee. Raw cocoa beans, dark unsweetened chocolate and raw coffee beans. Light hops aroma. 4/5

Taste: Creamed coffee. Some hops on the mid-palate. Raw bitter coffee bean finish. Some raw, unsweetened chocolate on the mid-palate as the beer layers. 4/5

Mouthfeel: Creamy and medium bodied. Light-plus carbonation, perhaps a touch too much carbonation. Finish is bitter and a little acidic. 3/5

Overall: A solid imperial stout from Half Acre. Certainly worth trying, but a little over-hyped if you ask me.

Recommendation: A very true to style, tasty, and inoffensive beer that I recommend to beer geeks and casual beer drinkers alike. Do not go too far out of your way to try this one, however.

Pairings: Chocolate cake.

Cost: $12 for a 22 oz (bomber) bottle from the Half Acre Brewery Store.

4.53/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wow! What a phenomenal brew! Got this from the Big Hugs release in late December of 2011 and cracked open the growler the next day.

A: Darker than dark, very inky black pour with a deep tan foamy head.

S: Roasty, a hint of coffee, a deep sweet smelling stout. Already getting a contact high.

T: A little more bitter than I expected, but incredibly smooth. You can tell the alcohol is there, but not quite as overbearing as other Imperial Stouts I've tried. Velvety smooth texture and a lingering bitter-sweetness. Overall excellent.

M: Velvety smooth, surprisingly sticky given it's not super sweet. Definitely lingers in your mouth well after it's gone.

Overall a fantastic brew. As a side note, I had 3 Snifters worth of the growler and I got a unique wonderful buzz that lasted through the night and into the morning, without any real hangover. Quality stuff :)

4.3/5  rDev +3.6%

Acquired from bassmantin, so a big “Thank You” goes out to him. Poured from a 22oz bottle into a snifter glass. I’ve had it stored for almost two years.

A: The beer is a very deep dark brown color, with a thin head that fades quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains black coffee, dark fruit, bourbon, roasted malts and a faint touch of hops.

T: The taste starts out with a strong bitter-sweet toasted coffee bean flavor, followed by background flavors of dark fruit, bourbon and chocolate. The roasted malt character is very hearty and there’s a very mild but complementary hops presence that creates a good balance. The after-taste is bitter-sweet.

M: Smooth and a little crisp it’s also a bit syrupy but somehow it seems to work nicely in this beer, medium-to-heavy body, light-to-medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

D: Very tasty, goes down quite easily, slightly filling, strong kick, very good representation of style, this is a very nice stronger coffee-flavored beer that appears to have aged quite well.

4.83/5  rDev +16.4%

A- This beer is amazing poured. Big inky stout, full lacing, sticky body, mocha topping. Its got the carbonation I want, its got no imperfections I can spot. Perfect appearance.

S- What more can I ask for? Sweetness on teh back end. Like a light maple syrup. This is surrounded by a sweet coffee roast. A non-bold, not espresso blend this year. What a great choice. Its roasty aroma, not bitter, not overwhelming, but distinctly coffee. It also has some toasted grain characteristic.

T- Oh those flavors. Opens sweet milk chocolate, lactose sugars, ethanolic laden dark fruits. Plums, dates, raisins. Almost the whole gamut. It has a placement of roasted coffee that isn't roasted grain. Behind the coffee is the roasted grain! Two flavors but identifiable. They really hit a home run this year in terms of flavors. I'm amazed at how good this tastes. Finishes relatively clean but you have the memory of roast with little bitterness there. It exists to balance, but you know its coffee you are tasting. Here and there you taste some hops, muddied, murky, sometimes citrus and vegetation.

M- Thick, viscous, syrupy. Delightful. Sticky flavors, really hard to determine the alcoholic nature. definitely not a 9%+ beer, but a 6%+ for sure. Carbonation is light, appropriate, allows it to not be cloying.

This is the BEST year of Big Hugs in the past 3 years. Fantastic, amazing. Delicious. I drank a half growler of this in one sitting, I'm sure.

4.23/5  rDev +1.9%

This is a very nice imperial stout, that tends to be on the sweeter side, had this with the DC BIF group.

The beer pours a nice black with a off white head and leaves some nice lacing, head dies to a ring. The smell has a lot of nice sweeter malt notes and some roast, some cola and vanilla-ish. The taste also has the elements of the smell, but it all seems a lot more intense and in your face, a very full flavor that also is thick in the feel. Like I said, on the sweeter side, but I enjoy it, has the dark cola taste with tons of malt and chocolate notes too with plenty of roast as you'd expect from a big stout. Nice roast with a tinge of fruit. Great stuff.

This is worth a shot for stout lovers, as a sort of off the beaten path stout thats very enjoyable. Nice.

4.15/5  rDev 0%

Thank you to mikesgroove for this treat! Shared bottle over thanksgiving dinner with family.

A- Poured not quite black, dark dark brown. Thin khaki head with a bit of lace on the glass.

S- Good amounts of coffee in the nose. Roasted malt mixed with some chocolate towards the end.

T- Sweeter stout than would have thought to be. Started with good coffee flavors at first. Roasted malts in the middle and in the background. Sweet chocolate towards the end with still some coffee flavors coming back. Creamy taste reminded me of almost a milk stout.

M- Medium body, low carbonation, creamy feel.

O- Really good stout that wish I wouldn't have shared so much. Nice flavors that aren't overdone and blend well together. Everyone loved it. Thanks Mike for the bottle!

I brought this one to our Stout Day party. I believe this one was a 2010 bottle. I don't even like cats and this label is awesome.

A - Pours ink black with a nice one finger tall off white head leaving spotty streaks of lace down the glass.

S - Smells of dark roasted malt, coffee grounds, dark chocolate, and some light smoke.

T - Starts off with lots of rich coffee quickly giving way to hints of chocolate, light smoke, and dark roast. There is a bit of dark fruits hidden in the shadows of this one. The finish has quite a bit of dark roast to it, lingering on the pallet for quite awhile.

M - Heavy body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Smooth, roasty, feel with very little booze for such a high ABV.

O - I enjoyed this one. It had plenty of flavor and the smooth feel really made it easy to drink. Thanks to whoever gave me this as an extra.

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

Thanks to bu11zeye for sharing this bottle.

The beer pours a dark brown to black color with a tan head. The aroma is full of coffee and chocolate with a lot of roasted malts. A very nice smelling Imperial Stout.

The flavor is more of the same. The chocolate and coffee really compliment the roasted malt notes well. There is also a nice cream and oats component to the flavor which I really enjoy.

Thick mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

A very nice Imperial Stout.

3.43/5  rDev -17.3%

2010 vintage. 10% ABV. Thanks to the generous BA who hooked it up a while ago.

A: Pours black with a finger of very dark brown head that faded into a thin collar leaving almost no lace.
S: Rich notes of dark chocolate, vanilla, a splash of coffee, and light alcohol vapor.
T: The dark chocolate dominates but there is a good amount of ‘roasted’ flavors to the brew. The coffee may be a bit faded by now but it shows up nicely in the finish and aftertaste. I get a kind of bitter nuttiness overall as well as a touch of dark fruit. Vanilla is in the aftertaste.
M: Super smooth mouthfeel, no trace of alcohol, low carbonation and a thick body. It could be a touch thicker, especially towards the finish.
O: Not the boldest of the imperial stouts but enjoyable none the less. I hardy get any coffee at all though. Is there supposed to be coffee? The bottle leads me to believe there should be.

4.4/5  rDev +6%

This is the 2010 version, and I received this bottle in the most recent Black Booty BIF.

Appearance: The pour into my trusty Spiegelau tulip yields a viscous opaque black liquid that is crowned by a finger of tan colored head. The smoothness on top of the head is astounding. It’s not wispy or light or billowy like many IS’s. It’s flat and smooth surface, and its resiliency is ridiculous. A full five minutes after the pour, the beer appears as it did at the very start.

Smell: Heavy notes of chocolate and coffee blast my nose upon first whiff. There’s a little bit of toffee and caramel and a hint of vanilla, but the majority of this aroma is thick with the roastiness of the coffee and a little bit of burnt chocolate. This is hands-down one of the best Imperial Stouts that I’ve smelled this spring. Just awesome!

Taste: Just like the nose, the flavors rock your palate with tons of coffee, chocolate, and a little bit more of the caramel sweetness. The dominating flavors of the roasted malts are balanced quite well with the sweetness from the vanillas, caramels, and toffee flavors that come up on the backend.

Mouthfeel: The beer felt exactly as it appeared on the pour. The viscosity of this beer is very high, and as you sip it, it announces itself by coating your palate and removing all doubt that this is a beer to be reckoned with. The toasted malts and grains rest heavy, but the sweetness helps lighten the mouthfeel slightly, transitioning well into a somewhat dry finish. Very good for the style, and very enjoyable for this beer.

Drinkability: This is just as good as I remember it being at DLD 2010, and that was the previous year’s version. If I lived in Chicago, I would drink the s**t out of this beer, and that’s not an understatement. The flavors are so rich and well-defined, and the mouthfeel and overall experience this beer creates is exquisite. The only thing I’m not looking forward to with this beer is finishing my last bottle tonight.

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

2009 Vintage poured into a Brooklyn Brewery tulip on 4/27/11.

Pours super dark almost oil like with a finger of fluffy mocha colored head that dissipates leaving little lacing on the glass. Head retention is good but not great and I would have liked to see more lacing. The color of the head is very pleasing.

Smells of tons of toasted malts and coffee. There is a slight aroma of chocolate in the background but this beer is almost all about the roasted malt and coffee. Good aromas but not great. Well balanced.

Taste is bitter sweet chocolate mostly and then some roasted malt taste in the middle and finally it leaves me with a slightly fruity fig, raisin taste on the back end. I would have like to see a stronger coffee taste but it is a good swill even without it.

Mouthfeel is very light for the style. The resins coat the mouth with a bitter sweet fig taste that make you keep swallowing and tasting. Decent.

Overall this is a good brew but not stellar. One that isn't really worthy of going after all the time but definitely don't pass it up if you get a chance. I enjoyed it and look forward to having it again in the future.

3.68/5  rDev -11.3%

22oz bottle into a tasting snifter. I've been holding on to this to share at the right occasion, and a throw-down for a great friend who is leaving town seemed like a perfect opportunity. I believe this was an extra in a trade!

The beer looks great in the glass. It's a nice dark color with only the slightest touches of color variation around the edges. The black and dark brown liquid is capped with a nice off-white crown of foam that stays for a few minutes than sinks back into the abyss below.

The taste is full of roasty notes. The roasted malt gives dark chocolate impressions while the added coffee lurks a bit in the background. There's more of a molasses or fudge note than a coffee domination IMO.

The taste brings whatever coffee was missing in the nose, though. There's some initial sweetness, powered by roasted malts giving caramel and milk chocolate impressions. Then, the chocolate steals the spotlight, followed up by the coffee. A true star of the show, the coffee closes the experience in good form, dominating the closing set but also allowing the pervious flavors to sit in for a song or two.

The mouthfeel was really the only unpleasant or notably dissapointing aspect of this brew. It was just way too thin, with too little viscosity to balance out the flavors. Other than that, the booze was masked really well, and the beer was good overall. This is nothing jaw-dropping, but I would take another hug sometime in the future. Especially as an extra. Free hugs, right?

The mouthfeel