Chocolate Camaro - Half Acre Beer Company

No picture uploaded.

Half Acre Beer Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  5.00% ABV

Chocolate Camaro, a chocolate milk stout brewed with nibs and lactose.

(Beer added by: AgentZero on 01-21-2011)

Deeeeezzzzznuts, Nov 17, 2011

RTrain12, Nov 18, 2011

Pours a deep, dark brown almost black. No light shines through. Three finger head overflows the pint glass. Mocha colored foam. Slowly settles leaves great lacing. Aroma of cocoa, coffee and dark malts. Taste is sweet milk chocolate and chocolate malts...wonderful. Mouthfeel is like velvet. Creamy and smooth with fine carbonation.

A great session beer this is an awesome chocolate milk stout, one of my favorite styles. This is by far the best of Half Acre's many departures from their world-class hoppy beers. Don't get me wrong, I like Baume Rye stout and Chub Step porter but this blows them away. Again, I am partial to sweet stouts. Reminds me of Mackeson Triple Stout back in the 80's. A grand slam from my friends at Half Acre...cheers!

312HopBomb, Mar 10, 2012

gmendez1122, Mar 10, 2013

MIA4IPA, Mar 31, 2013

The22Lou, Apr 04, 2012
4.48/5  rDev +13.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Deep, dark black pour with a thin brown head. Great, rich chocolate aroma with some roasty notes on the nose. Slight coffee taste with the roast and a light but rich chocolate flavor. Very drinkable. Shared with a non BA friend who thought the same and said he should start trying dark beers again as he very much enjoyed this beer. The low ABV and thin viscosity also help with the enjoyment of the beer. It could be a hair thicker for my taste, but overall a very tasty milk stout.

PHBoiler, Jun 16, 2013
4.33/5  rDev +9.9%

Poured from a 64oz growler into a thick stemmed Dogfish Head snifter.

A: Pours a rich deep black that shows off a slight crimson at the edges when the glass is tilted to the light. One creamy finger of dark tan foam spreads out on top and hangs around for most of the glass. Lacing is a bit light with some delicate webbing.

S: Excellent roasty nose right off the bat. As it warms, out jumps aromas of bakers chocolate, burnt malt, caramelized brown sugar, sweet dark raisins, medium roast coffee, and a touch of fruit.

T: Smoky, burnt malt mixes it up with dark chocolate covered cherries, char, fudge brownies, bruised plums, bitter dark chocolate, campfire smoke, and sweet chocolate cake icing.

M: Starts off pretty roasty and spicy. Around the end of the beginning, the lactose comes on and breaks off some of the dryness and ushers in a sweet creaminess that sticks around until the very end of the finish when it turns a little dry again.

D: This was exceedingly easy to drink. This is one of those styles that I don't drink nearly enough of. Then something like this comes around a reminds me to broaden my horizons a little. Excellent job guys!

GbVDave, Jan 22, 2011
4.28/5  rDev +8.6%

Poured a deep black with a tan head that dissipated fast. In its defense I was outside in the rain enjoying this during Philly Beer Week. so I can forgive the head.

The aroma offers a ton of milk chocolate. The flavor is the same, deep milk chocolate notes with a bit of carbonation and a very soft mouthfeel. Very drinkable, an easy drinker, but also a great desert beer. Wonderful finish and a great intro to a new brewery that I have never previously tried.

This was definitely one of the top two beers I tried at that evenings event. I am now organizing a trip to Chicago so I can visit the brewery and indulge in some more.

Tobe, Jul 23, 2012

Summer78, Mar 10, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +7.9%

I picked up a growler after work this evening. It was nice running into ol' emerge077 in the tasting room as well.

A careful pour from the growler into a nonic pint glass yields a black liquid with chestnut highlights when held to the light. There's an impressive creamy two fingers of mocha brown head that screams roasty stout. The head slowly gives way to a thin layer of foam and spotty sheets of lacing.

The first thing I get in the nose is fruity esters followed by a wave of burnt malt, medium roast coffee and faint cocoa powder. There's also a tiny hint of coconut water. I can dig it.

The taste follows with some slight bitter, not astringent roasted malts, esters, burnt marshmallows, baker's and dark chocolate. There's a touch of sticky sweetness in the finish that stays on the lips, but it isn't cloying. It works with the bitter roast quite well. The more I drink the more I like the balance between the sweet lactose and bitter malt bill. I can really dig it. It almost reminds me of a Dark Horse stout only not as lush.

Mouthfeel is medium to full bodied with a mellow level of carbonation that leads to a creamy, almost silky feeling while still being lively enough to help propel the flavors.

Overall, I really like this beer more than I thought I would. I dig a good milk stout every now and again and this is doing the trick. The 6% isn't too hefty to tackle on a frigid night like this. I wish I had filled another growler, actually. I'll have no problem finishing the rest of this one tonight with Mrs. Beertooth.

A great cold weather beer.

beertooth, Jan 22, 2011