1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Half Acre / Struise / Pipeworks Small Animal Big Machine - Half Acre Beer Company

Half Acre / Struise / Pipeworks Small Animal Big MachineHalf Acre / Struise / Pipeworks Small Animal Big Machine

good

Half Acre Beer Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.50% ABV

A collaboration beer with Pipeworks and De Struise.

Red Belgian ale fermented with red currants and cherries. Brewed using traditional sour mash methods.

(Beer added by: emerge077 on 06-08-2011)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 91 | Reviews: 53 | Show All Ratings:
curtiswvu

4.7/5  rDev +29.8%

Wonderful beer from Half Acre and new ground from them, sampled on draft (in line) and later in the bottle once I got home from the release:

A: darker than expected, a nice cherry mahogany color. Beautiful white head. Perfect form.

S: Grapes, wine, Carmel and malt, suprising!

T: it own category. A very malty carmel beer but it tastes like it was aged in wine barrels with a Belgian yeast.

M: thick and bubbly all in balance. Bigger than
I expected no magic hat bs here!

06-10-2011 22:38:07 | More by curtiswvu
vespahulb

Wisconsin

4.63/5  rDev +27.9%

Poured a shiny, yet hazy ruddy-brown into a Belgian tulip glass. After reading other reviews, I was careful to serve this one at a nice cellar temperature of around 55 degrees.

Upon first whiff, I get a huge hit of light brown sugar, candy-sweet malts, fresh-cut cherry wood, fresh currant, Belgian yeastys and a final kick of spicy licorice. Damn. This smells so complex and gorgeous.

On the front of the palette, you get that initial sour, bitter and tannnic cherry flavor. Following that, fresh bready malts, sweet brown sugar and wood. As the beer warms up, it gets more intense, really gushing with dark berry flavors and sweet malts. However, the beer is nowhere near dessert-style sweet. As well, the blend of sour is impeccable, really showcasing the sour flavor, but ultimately balancing the heavy malts with a blast of acidity.

To see that it had just 8.5% blew my mind. I was expecting a much higher ABV. I mean, I could drink this all night...and now I see I can! Has all the characteristics of my favorite fruit beers (New Glarus Cherry, Three Philosophers), yet it was distinct and original. This is a tremendous offering from Half Acre/Pipeworks/DeStruise! Unlike anything Half Acre has done, a great introduction for Pipeworks and just another accolade for DeStruise. Well done, guys! It's just a shame that this is a one-time deal, cause I'd be thrilled to drink this every day. This beer made me feel fat and giggly.

06-12-2011 23:41:24 | More by vespahulb
GbVDave

4.53/5  rDev +25.1%

Poured from a 22oz bomber into two St. Bernardus goblets. Thanks to HeatherAnn for the assist!

A: Pours a hazy, dirty red color with about 1/2 a finger of khaki colored foam on top. Head quickly melts down to a thin and bubbly collar that leaves small specks of lace behind. Some visible streams of carbonation.

S: Rich aromas of black cherry, vanilla, sweet currants, caramel, milk chocolate, pepper, and spices. Everything becomes more pronounced as it approaches room temperature.

T: Same as above. Temperature is the key with this one. The warmer it gets, the better it tastes. By the end of the glass, the cherry flavors were just incredible.

M: So rich and velvety. Sweetness is kept in check by a slightly peppery dryness. Finishes with just a hint of tartness. Masterful.

O: Wow. This was just killer. Thanks for brewing this, guys!

06-11-2011 00:31:44 | More by GbVDave
wschmit

4.43/5  rDev +22.4%

Bomber into a perfect pint. Released today.

A: A fairly aggressive pour yielded just under an inch of barely tan head that blows itself out loudly and quickly, settling into a creamy ring. It tops a deep amber body with some haze and a fair amount of carbonation up through it.

S: A mild, malty nose, with prominent but not dominant cherry notes. It smells alarmingly like a Flemish red or bruin, despite not really being one. Tart, but balanced.

T: Delightful. A full, melanoidin malt body backs up the mild, dark stone fruit notes. The currant comes through more in the taste, for me, as a grape note towards the end. Some subdued sourness pervades the whole thing. The slightly musty yeast plays a nice supporting role as well. I was expecting something overly sweet and fruity, but this is subtly crafted and very thoughtful.

M: Nice and mouth-coating, with appropriate carbonation--very fine and not too much, so as to let the complexity overwhelm your tongue. If anything, it's a bit alcoholic and hot.

O: Drinking really nicely as is. I wonder how it will age, honestly, given the use of sour mashing vs. lacto/pedio fermentation. If I had to describe this beer, I'd call it a less candy-like version of Wisconsin Belgian Red from New Glarus--less red, less saccharine, and more beer-like and malty. The currants lend yet another dimension to that. Really well executed. I hope HA or Pipeworks manages to get this out again.

Update: Cracked a bottle on 6.11.13: Dried out a bit. Bottle cap popped on opening, be warned if you still have any sitting around--gusher. Billowing brown head, fizzled out, leaving a murkey, crimson-tinged brown body. Taste is mildly fruity, with some astringent bits, I'm guessing from old contact with fruit skins/seeds. The deStruise yeast comes out in fine Belgian style in the end, not unlike a Pannepot Grand Reserva I recently had. This aged pretty nicely, happy to still have one in hand.

06-11-2011 04:18:35 | More by wschmit
mikesgroove

South Carolina

4.25/5  rDev +17.4%

Slightly darker then your normal ale. Lots of visible carbonation was evident from the start, chains of bubbles rippling up from the bottom of the glass. Lots of haze, literally made this opaque. Nice one inch thick white head receeded rather quicky leaving behind a thin film on top of the glass and a nice amount of lace drooping down the sides.

The smell was strong, and very fruity. Large hint of raspberry was readily apparent from the start. A very sugary aroma aroma was present as was a slight hint of grain in the back, slight hoppiness was present in the finsh, quite dry actually. Very smooth feel, great carbonation, led to that nice silky, bubbly light feeling. Overall the flavors were very very intense, and the fruit and hop flavors made the profile really jump out at you, and made it actually rather ejjoyable as the session wore on.

10-29-2011 14:54:03 | More by mikesgroove
monitorpop

4.2/5  rDev +16%

A: Dark brown-ish red with a cream ring.

S: Sweet cherry.

T: Malt, Slightly sweet/tart ripe cherry.

M: Clean and smooth with a medium carbonation. No alcohol burn.

O: Unique ale with a nice cherry accent that improves as it warms up. Very drinkable. Plus, the best label art ever!

09-17-2011 13:32:06 | More by monitorpop
emerge077

4.18/5  rDev +15.5%

Served cool at 50º, it makes a huge difference.

Color looks to be a very dark rusty brown, nearly black, but when held to the light it glows a perfect crimson. Initial fingers width of light tan foam that recedes to a skim after a few minutes. The surface of the foam has a fine, creamy texture.

Belgian yeast aroma, reminiscent of a dark trappist with banana, clove, and brown sugar.

Low level natural cherry tartness, well integrated, fruit dominates with some earthy yeast and light toasty malt behind it. Something vaguely roasty or possibly woody in the middle. Low level phenolic spice, clove and cherry are melded well together, leaving a residual dry peppery spice. Full bodied, supple feel, with a tasty dark cherry flavor that thankfully isn't sweet. I enjoyed it more and more as it came up to room temperature.

SABM is a unique hybrid style, drawing inspiration from Belgian ales like Kasteel Rouge and Cuvée Van De Keizer. Cheers to Half Acre, Pipeworks, and De Struise on the successful collaboration.

06-15-2011 01:16:40 | More by emerge077
laikom

4.13/5  rDev +14.1%

A – Poured a deep reddish brown with beautiful ruby glow. 1 inch head with minimal lacing which quickly fades.

S – Heavy malts and subtle cherry

T – A virtual rainbow of flavors. It started off malty, transitioned nicely to some subtly bitter hops. The hops were quickly overpowered by the tartness of the cherries and surprisingly a good flavor of the currants (I thought the cherries would stand out the most). The tartness was well balanced by the malts. I found the tartness to be well balanced with malty smoothness, not sweetness necessarily. I was led to believe this was going to be a sour beer, which is the only reason I did not rate it higher. I think it was (for some unknown reason) rushed and could have stood to age much longer with some extra bugs to sour up a bit.

M – Medium bodied, with decent carbonation.

O - Overall, very well balanced. A complex deep and flavorful brew, but refreshing enough to down a growler with another friend in one night and wonder if there’s more! I’ve always been a fan of Half Acre, and though it’s a collaboration this favorite Half Acre beer to date.

Serving type: growler

06-14-2011 04:05:53 | More by laikom
claaark13

Indiana

Shout out to Kayn169 on this one (growler). Edits have been made after a bottle serving.

A - I'm convinced that this category can be bogus. However, this beer poured fantastically from the growler. From a couple feet away, it appeared black. Upon closer review, the true colors of deep reddish brown came out. There was a thick, creamy head of about 1/2" that lowered to 1/4". Fantastic retention.

S - Although the smell was good, it was difficult to get. A little faint. Once I took a couple whiffs and then sipped and smelled again, the aroma got more prominent. It was good towards the end, but not very potent up front.

T - I got flavors similar to the beginning of an imperial brown or quad upfront. I think the slight sweetness made me think of the imperial brown, but overall I'd say quad. Cherries then began to smash the flavor. I had a tough time deciding what I thought about the fore-flavors because the cherries came on quickly. Red wine came to mind in the finish. Through the fist few sips, I was able to find the tartness of the cherries. However, it was not sour. I was finding more of the subtle tartness of a natural cherry than anything. As I drank, I began to appreciate that the cherries and natural tartness were there but not overpowering. Its a lot like if you were to take a drink of Rochefort, replace the bread flavor with cherries, and then ride the cherries out to the end. Although good, its lacking some complexity for the first few sips. So, so smooth though.

M - Good substance here. Moderate thickness with a creamy head. It was thick enough to make me happy and thin enough to make it drinkable. Great balance between the two for the "style".

O - Expectations aside, I was happy with the beer. I'd drink it regularly. Although the mellow cherry tartness is nice, I would enjoy something a little more sour here.

Serving type: growler

06-14-2011 04:46:44 | More by claaark13
Urbancaver

Opened the bottle using my thumb... Literally. So overly carbonated that the cap was about to pop! Didn't really foam over but way heavy carbonation.
Pours a reddish brown with lots of tan head. Looks fairly pretty. Smells tart and bitter. Some acidity on the nose. Currants and cherry as well. Tastes like cherry and currants. A nice roasty malt backbone. Pretty solid in my book. Carb issues don't seem to effect the flavour that much. I actually enjoy this beer a lot

07-30-2011 20:23:54 | More by Urbancaver
Florida9

3.98/5  rDev +9.9%

A: Mahogany color. A very reddish brown. Forms a thinnish dark tan head. Surprisingly clear.

S: Fruity aroma of cherries, currants, raspberries, and a sweet summer fruits.

T: More cherries. Reminiscent of NG's Beligian red without the candy sweetness. Sweet currants and a faint chocolate flavor on the finish. This beer is neither overly sweet nor tart (nor dry for that matter). It has a light sweetness complemented by tart cherries and a light maltiness. Finish is quick.

M: Medium in body with good carbonation.

O: A good beer. Sweet, but not too sweet with a flavorful fruitiness. Tasted this with BA hannydawg, whom noted a resemblance to NG's Enigma so we popped a bottle and did a side by side. I would say the two, while not identical, have a an amazing similarity. Never-the-less, I seemed to give this beer a bit more credit than most of the people in my tasting group and I did find it enjoyable.

06-21-2011 00:56:27 | More by Florida9
Klym

3.95/5  rDev +9.1%

Poured into a lost abbey tulip. Thanks to Cavery for the share.

A: Pours much darker than I expected.. really quite black. Actually looks like a belgian dark ale more than it looks like your typical fruit beer. A nice off-white head of about one finger with some erratic lacing.

S: This smell is a lot more substance to it than I expected. Cavery pointed out banana and I think that's on the money for the core of the smell. Besides banana, definitely cherry, and dare I say a good mixture of more savory smells like coffee, chocolate, and vanilla. These later few smells caught me off guard but I can't get myself to believe they aren't dancing around this nose. A very interesting beer it would seem.

T: Less powerful than I was expecting. I thought the flavor would cut deep and last by the nose and appearance of this beer but it's pretty fleeting and somewhat mysterious. Hits with a small tart bite that mellows on the edges of the tongue into a very cherry/currant flavor and on the middle of the tongue more savory flavors, especially vanilla, coffee, and a little bit of chocolate covered banana. It's a bizarre mix of beer worlds but I think works pretty well. I could do without the flavors transitioning and basically disappearing so quickly, though.

M: On the heavier side of being light-bodied with very fruit-beer like generous carbonation. I think the mouthfeel works for this beer but I wonder what it would be like with a little less carbonation and a bit more thickness because of the more savory flavors swirling around. That's more of an experimental suggestion than it is a criticism, though.

O: This beer really grew on me throughout the course of drinking it. The flavor and drinking experience here is pretty darn complex and different from what I expected or have experienced before. As someone who appreciates something new and surprise in my drinking experience, I give this high marks.

07-09-2011 20:01:39 | More by Klym
Cavery

3.95/5  rDev +9.1%

750ml shared with Klym, big thanks to SpdKilz for the bottle-- fruits of a first trade.

poured into Lost Abbey Tulip, yeast left at the bottom of the bottle.

A: Dark rustic red black with a micro bubble filmy head. A biscuit bready head rose to two fingers before mellowing and leaving waves of lacing. Good looking aesthetics, but I have to say the color was quite unexpected! Not a bad thing at all, just adds tot he intrigue. Dark black earth tone reds.

S: Really up front caramelized banana. A bit of a metallic middle to the nose where I can only describe it as "deep fried pennies". There's even a bit of a biting fruity character that definitely points towards currents. A deep nose-full left me with a maced-in-the-face experience of tart berries. Once again, a bit unexpected, but not unwelcome.

T: Up front present of very subdued currents and cherry skins; gives into dense dark berry studded fruit cakes. Fermented cherries really become apparent in the middle of the flavor. The cherries ride on a rustic bunt cake as the only sweetener. The sweetness is really light, which I like quite a bit. There's a bizarre presence of a refreshing coconut water infused creamy coffee that kept me guessing. A light malt sweetened nuttiness adds a fusion of macadamia/pecan sprinkles on the fruit cake. Damn fine fruit cake!

M: Micro bubbles really ease you into this offering. Dark fermented flavors are served on a satin table cloth. This is really key to the rest of the beer, and is the Achilles heel to me liking it. This does have a very Soda-pop like carbonation character, but I actually like that quite a bit; this really makes the dark theme of the beer much more accessible. Soft aspirin in the mouth in the end.

O: Initially, I liked the beer, and then it progressively grew on me. Really do sit with this one and let the temperature change. Latent flavors include vanilla, coconut, light coffee, dried dark cherry coulis, and rustic sweet muffins. The other thing I would say is that flavors of Cherries/Currents can be quite homogenized; whereas there are distinct transitions in here. Solid, and would be happy to revisit. Time to try some more half-acre.

07-09-2011 20:09:47 | More by Cavery
msubulldog25

Oregon

3.93/5  rDev +8.6%

A 22 oz. bottle (courtesy of mrkanable ~ thanks, Matt), poured to a slender nonic-ish glass, aptly enough from the recent Portland Fruit Beer Festival (SABM having been brewed with currants and cherries).

A ridiculous label: Half Acre produces both the lovely (Daisy Cutter) and the absurd (Big Hugs), but this one may be my new favorite. A tricycle-riding three-headed bird, flapping its wings to manipulate a much larger skeletal bird, clad in cogs and propellers? Brilliant, I think...

Of further note, this was brewed in collaboration with local Pipeworks Brewing and Belgian superstar-brewery De Struisse...

A: First, the bottle arrived via trade with perhaps 3 oz. leaked out (liquid inside down to the flair of the neck) due to an indeterminable capping issue, so I had some concerns about holding any longer than necessary. A hearty 'pfft' on uncapping indicated there was nothing to worry about. Pour is very dark, brown that ably matches the color of the bottle glass; at its core there's a ruby glow, with plenty of fast-moving carbonation. Flocculent, sandy-tinted foam crests above 2-fingers before a gentle reduction to a razor thin cap, ringed in holding cream. Slim rings of sea foam lace.

S: A mild 'dessert' aroma of chocolates and over-ripened fruits, then a peculiar/familiar spicy yeast that is hard to describe, but oh-so recognizable in De Struisse-made ales. Neither 'sweet' nor 'tart', falls somewhere in between with moments of cardamom and candy, others of tart cherry mash.

T: Tart cherries and a metallic twang with some balsamic tendencies; it's not pucker-inducing, but does twist and confound the tongue for a while. Lemon-lime moments give way to vinous grape-ness and oaky/woody undercurrents.

M: Carbonation = big/busy. No surprise here.

O: Tasty and rather rich/complex, though maybe not the mind-blower I'd expected. But so what? A tasty and sipable beer (8.5% remember?) overall, with some sly fruit additions that compliment nicely. Too bad I felt so inclined to open this right away as I'd have liked to have tasted its development... then again, another bottle is just an 'ISO:' away...

07-04-2011 02:26:27 | More by msubulldog25
kawilliams81

Yukon (Canada)

3.88/5  rDev +7.2%

Served in a 16 oz snifter.

A- dark amber, almost brown, not a lot of lacing or foam.

S- roasted malts, oak, tart cherries

T- roasted malts and tart cherries hit you at first. The funk of the cherries come out with a slight bitterness a the finish.

M- medium bodied, fairly smooth and has semi-dry finish.

O- not sure what I expected, but thought the tart/sourness would be more prevalent. Liked this beer but could use some tweaking if they ever try this again.

06-11-2011 21:06:17 | More by kawilliams81
FosterJM

631st Review on BA
Bottle to small snifter
22oz

Thanks to Teamizm for this one.

App- A light reddish/brown with a nice one finger head that dissapates quickly and leaves just a touch of cling in the glass.

Smell- When you stick your nose in this beer your likely to smell medicine. Some people like that some people don't. This was more of a grape/cherry robitusin smell for me.

Taste- Much better on the tastes than on the nose with a cherry note taking over and the beer smoothing out to where you get a balanced fruit/malt/ and small hop note. This was def. fruit forward but still tasty.

Mouth- Medium bodied and almost a high carb but retaining a medium like note to it.

Drink- I was anxious to try this one and had my doubts, but it was quite tasty and flavorful. I will say its not for everyone and it needs to be probably drinken slowly to allow more flavors to develop.

07-09-2011 04:53:41 | More by FosterJM
stxSS07

3.88/5  rDev +7.2%

22oz bomber into a Duvel tulip.

A- Huge hiss/pop upon cracking this one open. Pours a dark brown with 3 fingers of pillowy, khaki head that hangs around forever. Leaves nice lacing.

S- Tart cherry and currant, sweet sugary malt, maybe a bit of an herbal medicinal note? Bit of toasted grain/mineral notes as well.

T- Again leads with tart cherry and currants, followed by a milk chocolate-like sweetness, sweet and toasty malts, and ends with a nice bready finish that lingers despite the carbonation. No detectable ABV.

M- Medium-light with high carbonation that attacks the palate. A bit too aggressive for my taste.

O- This is definitely a polarizing beer...I mean just look at the pDev. I happen to be on the side that thoroughly enjoys this brew. It combines elements of a sour, brown ale, and a porter that really clicks with me.

09-29-2011 04:45:57 | More by stxSS07
thetomG

3.85/5  rDev +6.4%

Good looking beer - reddish-brown/amber color with a layer of tan foamy head.

Aroma is tart cherries, raisin, vanilla, and some roasted malts.

Flavor follows the aroma pretty closely, but with the cherries becoming much more prominent. While not overtly sour, there is a nice tartness to the finish. The relatively high ABV is amazingly well hidden - you'd never guess this was 8.5%

Mouthfeel is excellent - somehow seems nice & smooth but also very pleasantly carbonated and lively. This is once of my favorite aspects of the beer.

Nice, interesting collaboration here - definitely worth checking out. Recommended

06-12-2011 22:32:15 | More by thetomG
Vonerichs

3.85/5  rDev +6.4%

The color is a lighter shade of burgandy with an off white agressive head.

The smell is good, but not very pronounced. There's a yeasty phenolic smell that develops into sweet and tart cherries.

The cherries highlight this beer, but don't dominate it. It's slightly tart, but gets pulled back the other way with a brown sugary sweetness. Overall, I like all the individual aspects of this one, but together they are a little odd.

I would have liked if this beer was a little more thin and prickly. It is medium bodied, but it seems to emphasize the sweet and not the tart.

I liked this beer and it was an interesting collaboration. I'd definitely have it again if it were available, but I know it won't be.

06-19-2011 23:37:15 | More by Vonerichs
Jayli

3.85/5  rDev +6.4%

Acquired from GBVDave in our most recent trade, so a big THANK YOU goes out to him!
Poured in to a pint glass.

A: This beer pours a deep mahogany color with a one finger of light khaki colored, sudsy head. Head recedes quickly and leaves minor spots of wispy lacing.

S: Nose is ooo - tart soured cherries, a bit of alcohol, and a good deal of soured apple.

T: Taste starts with a strong soured cherry flavoring, mingled with a good helping of alcohol. A good deal of belgian, spicy yeast fill the middle - balancing nicely instead of dominating. Finish is soured apples.

M: Medium body, moderate carbonation, rich and oily in the middle with a very sticky finish.

O: Goes down easily, tasty, not too filling, decent kick, nice representation of style. The alcohol notes lighten as the beer warms, and had this not leaked just a little bit, I may have aged it. A good beer that I would like to try again with some age on it.

08-02-2011 00:45:14 | More by Jayli
Preismj

3.8/5  rDev +5%

a: a hazy brownish red (mostly brown) with a tightly formed light brown head. decent lacing and looks medium-light in body.

s: hints of sour cherry and a slight breadiness. The aroma isn't too potent and the cherry is hidden a bit in there.

t: sour cherry up front, but it isn't strong. Would like to see some more sour here. Tasting Belgian yeast in the mid and the finish is slightly more sour with hints of darker fruits. very very light spice in this, could us a bit more more of the clove and cinnamon I detect.

m: rich and creamy. Nice body on it, with the perfect amount of carbonation for the flavor profile.

o: not a bad beer. Wish there was a bit more sour from the cherry flavor in here and a bit more spice from the belgian side. It isn't as rich in flavor as it could be for something at the 8%+ level. the mildness of this, though, makes it a nice summer brew, but overall was expecting a bit more balance in this one.

07-23-2011 18:37:22 | More by Preismj
sliverX

S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

3.75/5  rDev +3.6%

Thanks to Matt (bauermj) for the bottle.
Poured a rich murky brown with a rocky white head some lacing
smells of sour dough bread, malt, booze, faintly of currants
taste is sweet malt, turning sour, tart fruits, nice saliva inducing tartness, sourness
Mouth feel is a chewy thin... has body but finishes watery
Overall I like it and is nice on a warm day, could i drink it every day no but its still pleasant in the surroundings

07-31-2011 20:02:11 | More by sliverX
KickInTheChalice

3.75/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a 22 oz. bottle into a snifter.

Appearance: This pours an elegant cranberry brown color with lighter transparent edges. A beige head rises up to a nice level before gently fading to a thin film while leaving some nice lacing.

Smell: Actually fairly sweet. Ripe cherries and soft currants provide the fruit aromas, with some brown malt and light tartness.

Taste: This is much less sour than I was anticipating. The cherry flavor is strongest, with the currants a little bit in the background. The sweetness blends with a sweet bready brown malt flavor. A light tartness comes in toward the end, but it is very subdued.

Mouthfeel: Very lightly tartness creates salivation toward the end of each sip. It is lightly sticky and creates a resiny coat on the inside of my mouth. The carbonation is smooth and controlled, with a medium body.

Overall: This was sweeter that I would have liked. Although it had a number of different flavors, I would have preferred it to be more sour.

09-09-2011 04:17:20 | More by KickInTheChalice
Vdubb86

3.68/5  rDev +1.7%

Served in a tulip glass

Thanks to TMoney2591 for sharing this colabeeration

This beer pours a dark reddish-brown color decent off-white foam. The distinct smell of sour cherries on the nose are really to be expected when dealing with a Struise yeast. The first taste is really tart to me. For something so young to be as tart as it is, it's rather surprising I must say. For me the fruits involved and the tartness level don't really mesh all that well. It turns out after side by side comparison that it's just like Enigma...which I wasn't extremely fond of either. Overall this is an interesting hodge-podge of fruit and beer. It's drinkable, but overall it's not amazing and it's very forgettable.

07-02-2011 06:28:44 | More by Vdubb86
ColdPoncho

3.65/5  rDev +0.8%

From notes, 7-30-2011
thanks cam

this bottle was opened using thumbs. it was very over carbonated.

A - dark brown body, with a light tan head

S - smells exactly of room temperature fresh cut gala apples.

T - tart cherry primarily, maybe something that tastes like cola? could be the carbonation

M - goes to foam in the mouth, but otherwise its a decent body

O - it's ok, interesting.

07-31-2011 14:32:28 | More by ColdPoncho
Half Acre / Struise / Pipeworks Small Animal Big Machine from Half Acre Beer Company