Sow Your Oats Stout - The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery

The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery visit their website
Maine, United States

Oatmeal Stout |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: Brez07 on 09-27-2010

Our most complex brew with seven different types of barley and oats. This is stronger and hoppier than Tarbox, with the oats imparting a well-rounded mouthfeel.
3.44/5  rDev n/a

Killed some time today at the bar and stumbled upon this pretty good beer

A: Fairly dark pour that sits motionless. Very impressive head - started with 2 fingers of sandy head and the retention was amazing (there was about a fingers worth the entire time I drank it). Lots of thick lacing

S: Not much nose, but what I got was some roasted malt and a little oat

T: Reminds me a lot of Guiness, but thicker and more flavorful. Good amount of oat and just a slight hint of chocolate. Finishes roasty

M: Thick and creamy. Very smooth with just the right amount of carbonation. Maybe where this beer shines the most

D: Not sure of the ABV, but I'd put it around 5%. Went down quick and easy. This is my first beer from Run of the Mill and I'm impressed (752 characters)

Sow Your Oats Stout from The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.