1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

The Angel's Share - Bourbon Barrel-Aged - The Lost Abbey

The Angel's Share - Bourbon Barrel-AgedThe Angel's Share - Bourbon Barrel-Aged

The Lost Abbey visit their website

American Strong Ale |  12.50% ABV

Old Ale aged in bourbon barrels for 12 months.

(Beer added by: scottoale on 08-23-2006)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of The Angel's Share - Bourbon Barrel-Aged Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,313 | Reviews: 630 | Show All Ratings:
chefscott79

appearance-looks dark with nice head

smell-almost like oatmeal cookie....and awesome...best nose ever of any barrel aged beer I have ever had...

taste...wow super oatmeal cookie like...and way more complex with tastes of tobacco and perfectly balanced sweetness

mouthfeel...creamy and perfect

drinkablility....someone want to share some more with me...my favorite beer I have ever tried...well of the barrel aged at least...I could drink this everyday...yummm

12-31-2007 20:29:40 | More by chefscott79
fartingdog

A- Dark with deep amber highlights when held to the light. Tan head dissipates to a thin layer. Nice lacing on the glass.

S- Oh god, this is good- rich and complex. Pit fruit (plum?), vanilla, light oak, hints of bourbon. Luscious.

T- Malty, rich and complex. I get bourbon, vanilla, hints of cherry, fig and oak. Big, bold and amazing.

M- Rich throughout the mouth, not too thick, not too thin- just right for a beer like this. Pleasant alcohol warming in the finish.

D- Well, this is perhaps my most favorite beer, ever. I would drink this daily if I had the stores. Absolutely amazing stuff. Definitely a bit of heaven.

02-28-2008 00:53:04 | More by fartingdog
ralflord

Connecticut

Poured into a Double Bastard Glass. Beautiful appearance. Root beer brown, with a decadent head. Smell fluttered with alcohol, just for a second, then came the carmel sweetness, and malty tang. The taste. Come on!! Flirted with heavenly. Bourbon flavor, mixed expertly with rich, malt, sugar, carmel flavor. This beer felt wonderful on the mouth, dangerously almost too good. Drinkability off the charts. I could drink this beer regularly. If you have the means I highly suggest you getting this beer. Truly exceptional and one of the best beers I have ever had.

03-27-2008 05:09:45 | More by ralflord
toreysan

a - very rich looking dark brown with nice mellow head. great lacing.

s - wow! smells of dark carmel, subtle vanilla and caramelized sugar.

t - like no beer i have ever tasted! extremely complex and delightful. i can taste the bourbon barrels. sweet oak. a little black licorice?

m - mmm. velvety, smooth, good amount of carbonation. finish is to die for!

d - this is so good it pains me that i cannot get this as often as i would like. thank you sooo much chefscott79!!!!

04-27-2008 02:36:50 | More by toreysan
PeprSprYoFace

I had this on tap at the release and this is my 4th bottle but just started reviewing beers now that I have some under my wing.

My absolute favorite beer so far so here it goes:

Poured into a chimay goblit. My first gusher bottle this time but was not too bad. Cork popped off very fast with a nice popping sound but then it gushed onto my counter. Had a thick head at first but reduced down in size and is a nice light tan color. The beer its self has a redish tint when held to the light but is black in color all together.

Smell is awesome. So complex. Dark fruits, Belgian quad, sweet malt and vanilla and a good burbon. Almost too many things and could probably smell it for an hour and come up with all sorts of ingrediance.

Taste is incredible. Figs, rasins, spices, sweet malt, vanilla, burbon, oak, all balanced together perfectly. Its amazing this is a beer. You almost have to focus your attention on a flavor to make it come out since it is balanced so well. Simply amazing.

Mouthfeel is great. Nice carbonation with smooth malts balance well in your mouth.

Drinkability is awesome. I could drink this always and several a day.

The tap version to me tasted a little more viscus and fruity wick I liked but both are amazing. Glad my dad recently have me a few more of his bottles so I can enjoy this a little more since I traded off half of mine. Can't wait untill the next release. Thanks Lost Abbey!

06-08-2008 08:10:23 | More by PeprSprYoFace
guess98224

Delaware

Wonderful! My husband and I just opened this 2010 bottle after a tough day taking inventory of our beers. We decided on Angels Share because it was the right size for just the two of us. Pours dark reddish burgandy. Rim of very light lacing. Wonderful, heady intense aroma including bourbon, brandy, raisins, other fruits. Taste is magnificient with brandy, raisins, and chocolate. Intense sense of warmth. My husband says it tastes like an alcoholic chocolate bar. Very smooth.

12-31-2012 03:32:19 | More by guess98224
MiguelMandingo

4.97/5  rDev +16.7%

Damn. First, big thanks to Joey at South Bay Drugs for selling me this bottle. He is awesome, and everyone should check out his online services. And thank you Tomme Arthur, for allowing Joey to sell this at his establishment. Again, damn... this beer is amazing. Worth every penny, all 2,500 of 'em.

I unhinged the cage, and 15 seconds later the cork flew out of the bottle with the force that could have easily removed an eye. The beer started to foam out of the bottle and I was able to save the vast majority of the beer before it landed on the table. I poured the brew into a snifter, and sucked up the 3 or 4 milliliters that landed on the table with a long slurp. My fiancee laughed at me, but I wasn't going to let any of this beer go to waste.

Poured a 375ml bottle into a snifter.

Appearance - After the cork exploded out of the bottle, it produced a 4 finger tannish rocky head. It slowly dissipated to a thin crown that never fully disappeared. A swirl of the glass brings the head to a full 2 fingers - great retention. It leaves spotty lacing behind the further along I drink. It is a deep translucent, nearly opaque, deep brown color.

Smell - Oh man this smells fantastic. I love bourbon. It has the perfect level of sweet vanilla, woody oak, and bourbon scent - it doesn't beat you in the face. All of the scents associated with the bourbon transition to toffee, caramel, burnt sugar and a hint of chocolate. Toward the end of the scent, the presence of dark fruits, cherry and an herbal note make itself known. The scent is very complex, and though bourbon component is the dominant feature of the scent, it doesn't hinder the other scents from making their mark.

Taste - Where is the ABV? It says that it is 12.5% on the bottle, where are they hiding it? Man...the flavor is every bit as complex as the scent. The flavor opens with woody oak, vanilla, and bourbon and transitions into toffee, caramel, chocolate covered cherries and dark fruit. The flavor profile is an evolution, each flavor melding into the next. The bourbon is a huge component of the flavor, but just like the scent, it doesn't prevent the other flavors from making their presence known. It has a creamy flavor which my palate ties to the caramel. The aftertaste has a very pleasant flavor of oak and toffee that lingers long after each sip. I am struggling not to drink this one too fast. A lot of bourbon barrel aged beers seem to soak up the bourbon flavor and heat, but this beer doesn't taste hot - this beer is definitely infused with the flavor of bourbon, but I don't detect the booze at all. Well done, Tomme, well done...

Mouthfeel - It has a medium body. It is creamy, silky, and smooth as it travels over the tongue. Initially, the carbonation left a prickly, dry finish. The longer the beer sits, the less prickly it feels, and the more creamy it becomes. It feels thick as it first runs over the tongue, and then seems to thin out. I would have liked the thickness to persist throughout the entire sip - hell, now it just seems like I am nitpicking. Oh, who am I kidding? - I can't find anything wrong with the mouthfeel. It is just so creamy, and slightly sticky. The alcohol is absent in the mouthfeel, but not in my stomach - very warming. And it isn't absent in my brain function either...

Drinkability - This beer is nothing short of amazing. This is truly a feat of brewing prowess. Where did you hide that 12.5% ABV, Tomme? I don't believe you. This has been an absolute pleasure to drink from start, to... well, I'm not finished with it yet. The urge to drink this beer gives me the same sensation as I felt when I was quitting cigarettes..."just hold out for another couple of minutes... don't give in to the urge... drinking too fast... come on, maintain... SHIT! I am taking another sip."

Just get a bottle. These words won't mean anything until you taste it yourself. This is a beer that should be experienced, and only a lucky few of us will ever be able to. Get a bottle and drink it by yourself. If you are lucky enough to get a second bottle, share that one with friends.

Joey - you are awesome! Thanks for supplying the lucky few of us that actually acquired a bottle. I am in your debt. I didn't do you the favor by buying it, you did me the favor by selling it.

04-27-2008 18:44:00 | More by MiguelMandingo
Georgiabeer

Georgia

4.97/5  rDev +16.7%

Pours black with some faint brown showing up around the edges when held up to the light. Great tight head that sticks around as a somewhat thick cap. Especially impressive given the huge abv. The aromas are heavenly. Just the right amount of Bourbon right off the bat. Lovely aromas of caramel, gentle but pure Bourbon, sweet oak, vanilla, gentle malt, chestnut honey, and various dark fruit, all nicely integrated and not hot smelling. The taste is also amazing. Extremely well integrated flavors with great Bourbon and oak up front followed by cream, vanilla, and fruit flavors. Very nice level of carbonation, not too aggressive at all. The mouthfeel is ultra rich and creamy, but with the alcohol well hidden. An absolutely amazing sipper. I really like bourbon influenced oak aged beers if they are done well. I think this is probably my favorite to date. When this brewery is firing on all cylinders, they can really be fantastic. This beer sure is.

06-11-2008 00:03:18 | More by Georgiabeer
tops851

4.97/5  rDev +16.7%

Poured from the bottle into a very large wide bowl wine glass.

A - Dark, opaque maroon-raisin colour that almost turns clearer towards the edge as if a pure alcohol "floater" were present (which there very well could be at 12½%)! No head at all, no; none whatsoever. Gone. (Save for a few "archipelagos" in a very dark sea, and when swirled they slide down the glass VERY sllloooow).

S - Woooow... yummy. Strong sweet whiskey notes for sure, (kinda Yukon Jack-like nose actually) sweet caramel, vanilla, brown sugar, molasses, faint toasted coconut even, definately expressive.

T - Follows the nose.Soft Scotch-Bourbon, vanilla, rich caramelly oak faint coconut. Not too sweet but definitely dessert! Boozy notes adding to the dark rum-raisin-surprise complexity for sure, oh;.. it's rich baby,.. it's rich!

M - Heavy syrupy body, mild carbonation, coatingly luxurious.

D - Amazing. Duh definitely NOT a session beer (can you say "too loaded"), but so smooth it's ridiculous for what is essentially "wine." A top "nightcap nipper!"
I was really having a tough time coughin' up $16 for a 375ml, but really wanted to taste it bad enough, sure glad I did. This beer really highlights bourbon barrel aging in a way I have yet to experience. Allagash Curieux was smooth but I could barely tell, whereas this REALLY let's the whiskey notes sing. Love this ale alright,.. probably too much for how bad it stings the pocketbook!

11-21-2010 03:51:43 | More by tops851
explosivebeer

Washington

4.95/5  rDev +16.2%

It's difficult to write an appropriate description of a transcendental experience. This divine concoction changed my perspective on what beer could be. It offers every bit of complexity of a great wine melded with the deep satisfaction of a superb beer. Most barleywines seem to be overly sweet or harshly alcoholic but the balance in this beer is tremendous. Do whatever you can to secure some of this incredible beer.

03-17-2008 19:11:17 | More by explosivebeer
0110x011

4.95/5  rDev +16.2%

Lost Abbey is, without a doubt, my favorite brewery. This beer is one of the reasons why.

Pours a dark, dark brown with red highlights into a snifter. Thick, off-white two finger head fades fairly quickly, leaving a thin collar and spotty lacing. Sweet malts, bourbon, chocolate, vanilla, and a bit of booze on the nose, with some spice and dark fruits in the mix as well. Chocolate hits the palate first, with the bourbon & vanilla quickly backing it up. The complexity of this stuff is unreal. Oak, fig & plum, spice, sherry, and a bit of alcohol all fade in & out with each sip. Magnificent. Coarse carbonation takes a bit away from the mouthfeel, but only slightly. Insanely drinkable. The 12% abv barely shows.

Believe the hype.

06-07-2008 18:15:18 | More by 0110x011
atsprings

4.95/5  rDev +16.2%

Poured into a Corsendonk tulip a nice dark brown with a huge frothy head. Aroma is a nice blend of Bourbon and brown malts. The taste is absolutely unworldly! Toasted brown malt, burnt caramel, Bourbon and dried fruits provide an indescribable complexity. The beer is on the heavy side of medium with moderately present alcohol and slight carbonation, certainly a sipper. This beer is simply wonderful, one of the best I've ever had!

08-24-2008 01:56:10 | More by atsprings
hrking

Indiana

4.93/5  rDev +15.7%

Wow, all I can say about this brew is GET IT. I have had 1000's of different brews before this whole rating thing ever even came about. I seldom take the time to sit down and write a review but this one is totally worthy.It's all here the smell, the taste, the appearance, the bottling, this is the holy grail of brews.
I'm a big fan of bourbon aged beers, oak aged beers, and those beers that just seem to bring a little something extra to the table. This beer totally runs the gauntlet. Popping the cork on this bad boy and pouring it I knew I was in for something special. Then you put it to your nose. All I could say was WOW! If this taste as good as it smells, sweet oak aged vanilla, bourbon, Belgian Candi sugar..Then.. the taste Smooth beyond all belief, alcohol was very well hidden basically because my palette was busy moshing over all the flavors of vanilla, oak, and bourbon and sugars that were to be what I expected from the nose. It did not let up! Holy Moses sweet fathers of the brewing Gods. I have seen the light and it beem through a bottle of Bourbon Barrel Aged Lost Abbey Angel's Share!

07-12-2008 15:43:11 | More by hrking
mikecharley

4.93/5  rDev +15.7%

Review #50... (I know, I know...)
Saved this review for my first minor milestone, cause it was a doozie. This was an 08 375 (carbonated) that I got about 1.5 years ago from a fellow ba... Thanks! Split with my sister's bf rick.

Gushes out of the 375. Pours a really dark dark mahogany/nut color. about 1.5 inch of head sticks around.

The nose is insanely complex. Dark chocolate, toffee, cocoa, carmel, etc... INSANE I TELL YOU!!!

The taste delivers on the promise of the nose.
The chocolate and the toffee notes intermix so well in the mouth too. Also to go along with this complexity, is the nice hint (just a hint) of alcohol burn. There is some faint vanilla from the barrel in the background too, along with some bourbon sweetness.

I have had some really good beers in my time here on ba, and this is a bold, bold statement, but this is BY FAR the best beer I have ever had. So glad that I received another in a trade recently.

12-06-2009 21:48:23 | More by mikecharley
SwillBilly

2nd installment of the Sinners Club. 12.7 oz caged and corked bottle:

Appearance: Popped the cork and a big woosh ensued with a good bit of head foaming out of the bottle. Poured into my Duvel tulip, the color was deep dark mahongony topped by a huge light tan head. Hints of ruby shown around the edges. Head fades slowly to a thin, densly foamed foamed head topping the beer.

Smell: Initial hints of boubon and wood then loads of deep, dark and rich fruit ensue. Currants and ripe plums drenched in bourbon come to mind with and just a bit of caramel beneath the surface.

Taste: Wow !! You would think with the smell that bourbon would be a dominating flavor but that is not the case. Big and rich, with more dark and ripe fruit. Nice vanilla undertones peak through the malty mass along with the now present bourbon. Brown sugar and caramel come into to play as well. For such a big beer alcohol is well hidden though warms the face. Hops show in the finish with a nice, smooth bitterness that leaves the mouth asking for another sip.

Mouthfeel: Velvety and smooth that sticks to your mouth, not chewy thick but the viscosity is full.

Drinkability/Notes: Sure am glad I joined the LA Sinners Club. Where else could I get such fantastic beer. Bourbon Barrel Angel's Share hits a home run. I'm not a big fan of some bourbon barrel aged beers but this one is spot on. The bourbon accents the beer not dominating the flavor profile whatsoever. Plenty of big, rich, dark fruit with hints of vanilla and bourbon all finished with a nice bit of hop bitterness. Alcohol is so well hidden its dangerous. A true sipper that gets better as it warms. Seek and Enjoy !! Highly Recommended !

04-06-2008 20:26:46 | More by SwillBilly
jeonseh

Indiana

4.9/5  rDev +15%

Thanks to mikesgroove for this one. It was a cold and rainy day here and as I have nothing to do this evening so I figured I could give beer my full attention. When I opened this it was a gusher and my first one but it settled down and poured into my Riedel crystal snifter.

A - First of this is one heck of a beauty of a beer. The color is a dark, plum purple that borders on the verge of black and is completely opaque. No light gets through it at all and has one beauty of a head. The head is a light mocha colored color and leaves a ton of lacing.

S - Smells is a big and complex nose. Get hints of dark fruits, candied plums and dates. Also there is a big, sweet shortbread biscuity smell that is sweet and also a hint of vanilla as well. Mixed in is a spicy hint of whiskey and bourbon that you can tell is a result of the barrel aging. Also get a hint of an alcohol wafting up from this one as well. Nose has just a bit too much alcohol in it for taste as it seems to dominate just a bit and would probably mellow out with age.

T - At first the taste is a sweet caramel and shortbread. Has that sweet biscuity aspect that sits up on top. After that there is a ton of dark fruit especially the sugary plums, dates and figs. Even reminds me a bit of a port as well with the sweet dark fruit aspect of the flavor profiel This then settles down and get a kick of alcohol and the spicy whiskey aspect comes through. After this sits in the mouth, get a nice long lingering whiskey aftertaste of cinnamon and oak. I love all the complexity and changes in this one as each sip is a bit different. Has a nice warming aspect to it on the end and the flavor just lingers on.

MF - So this is a nice feeling in the my mouth. It has a nice stickiness to it that is not at all cloying and comes in and rolls over the tongue. It was a nice smoothness but yet it manages to change with the beer. At the end, there is a nice spicy tingle that sits on the tongue. Not at all astringent despite all of the alcohol in it that I could taste in it.

D - Overall this is a great beer that just bring so much to the table and yet it is complex and completely in balance. The nose is nice and dominated by the oaky and bourbon spiciness. The taste runs the gamut from sweet, spicy, fruity. I would love to try to get a hold of some more of this and even try to age some if I could wait long enough not to drink it. I think it would be interesting to see if the beer mellowed out in a Definitely a top tier beer and one of the best I've had. Also a sipper not because it is overly strong or out of balanced, but because each sip is so complex that it deserves your full attention and is a beer that requires your full attention.

05-08-2008 02:19:37 | More by jeonseh
gford217

Georgia

4.9/5  rDev +15%

A: Pours super dark brownish amber with a massive rocky 3 finger head that almost overflows the snifter. Retention and lacing are excellent.

S: Smell is wonderfully sweet with brown sugar and caramel. There is a definite boozy bourbon aroma as well but extremely well integrated with the sweetness of the malts. I actually also got the slightest hint of sour in the nose at the finish.

T: As much as I would like to "buck the hype", this is one of the best tasting beers I have ever tasted. It's wonderfully creamy with molasses and caramel up front with the bready malts. The bourbon is present but very subtle and plays with the sweet vanilla tastes and dark fruits. In a word, spectacular.

M: As mentioned before, for a bourbon barrel beer this one is incredibly smooth and creamy yet highly carbonated. The bubbles just tingle the tongue...so, so good.

D: This is my first Angel's Share and I have to say it's one of my desert island beers - near perfect. The flavors are so big yet so well balanced, the hype is completely deserved. I need more of this now...

05-25-2008 00:36:32 | More by gford217
JoeMayo

4.9/5  rDev +15%

Thanks to TProkop7 for popping this delicious brew.

A- Pours a very dark brown, approaching black. A thick cap of foam forms and recedes to thin film of foam, leaving heavy sheets of lacing down the side of the glass.

S- Dark and malty. Chocolate covered malt balls dominate the smell, along with smoky notes of bourbon and vanilla.

T- Wow, I am FLOORED by this beer. It is extremely well balanced and very smooth. This brew is very bourbony without being boozy. Dark malts with very strong notes of bourbon, vanilla, and deliciousness. It reminds me of chocolate covered malt balls, but is far more complex and WONDERFUL!

M- Slightly dry, although very rich.

D- Goes down very easy in spite of the high ABV and bourbon barrel aging.

11-30-2008 05:05:55 | More by JoeMayo
surfer4life

4.9/5  rDev +15%

Poored into a flute from the Tap.

A - Dark dark brown, with a small head. No lacing to be seen.

S - Bourbon Bourbon Bourbon. Hints of oak, vanilla, raisins, molasses and caramel. The smell was overwhelming at first, I must have been smelling for at least 10 minutes before even thinking of having a taste.

T - Bourbon Bourbon Bourbon. So smooth. For 12% acohol, the alcohol taste was not overwhelming, but was very evident. It's hard to describe all that is going on with this, fruitiness in the form of raisins and plums, sweetness of caramel and toffee, coffee in the mix.

M - Crisp clean and smooth, the palate was addicted on the first sip. This beer just feels like heaven in your mouth.

D - SO drinkable. The beer is one of the best I have had and I am lucky to have had it. I'm glad I asked what the unmarked Lost Abbey tap was. Because the bar that shall go nameless, was not advertising they had it.

02-14-2009 02:38:48 | More by surfer4life
rye726

Colorado

4.9/5  rDev +15%

Pours a hazy mahogany with a thin tan head.

Nose has bourbon, vanilla, oak, caramel, toffee, cherries, plums and chocolate.

Taste has booze drenched fruits, wood, vanilla, caramlized candies, whiskey, cocoa and sweet bready malts.

Creamy body is lightly carbonated. Long, lasting finish.

Great stuff, another well done barrel aged beer from Lost Abbey.

02-26-2010 01:07:42 | More by rye726
jpmclaug

South Carolina

4.9/5  rDev +15%

Poured from the bottle into my Lost Abbey Tulip. Got this at Redstone Liquors on my last Boston trip.

A - Dark, almost black body with a small tan head that quickly runs away.

S - Wow... real sweet. Strong bourbon notes on top of a big sweet caramel, vanilla body. Brown sugar, molasses is also present. I'm impressed.

T - Follows the nose. Bourbon, vanilla, caramel and oak all mix together and it goes down fairly smooth. Boozy notes only add to the complexity.

M - Heavy body, light carbonation and a slight burn

D - Amazing. I was thinking that this wouldn't stand up to its reputation but it has easily met that. This beer really highlights what bourbon barrel aging can do. Love this one. I will have to pick up more of this the next chance I get.

11-17-2010 02:01:57 | More by jpmclaug
Boto

Connecticut

4.9/5  rDev +15%

375ml bottle: 2010 bottling. This one pours a murky, dark brown color. It appears to be "thicker" than a typical beer, looking more viscous when it pours. There is absolutely no head on it, and really no carbonation to speak of either. You could call it "still". Very nice aroma. Bourbon is up front. I also get notes of chocolate and raisins, as well as some other fruits. Vanilla and brown sugar also. What a succulent taste. A bit of bourbon and alcohol on the top. Lots of other flavors combining to form an exquisite combination. It is really rich and silky on the tongue. It may be a bit pricey, but it is definitely worth the money. I'll be buying this again (and again).

11-28-2010 19:38:07 | More by Boto
lsummers

4.89/5  rDev +14.8%

Had the 2010 on tap. Pours a great dark plum black. Not a lacing to be seen although still fairly carbonated.

Smell of delicious oak and roasted nutty vanilla notes. Dried candied plums.

Tastes of dried fruit, raisins with a molasses and toasted nuttiness. Bourbon and vanilla oak notes linger throughout.

Mouthfeel is creamy, round, fat, yet smooth.

Overall, this is a fantastic beer. The quality of the beer shines through in every category. A complex beer that stays dangerously drinkable.

04-28-2013 21:53:47 | More by lsummers
billvon

4.88/5  rDev +14.6%

Got a chance to try this at the Port brewery last time we were there during a tasting. Rich, complex strong ale with strong oak overtones. Almost as much of a 'port' as their Older Viscosity. As nutty as a good porter but without the heaviness. Definitely a sipping beer; sort of the opposite of a lawnmower beer.

02-01-2007 04:03:59 | More by billvon
sfoley333

Brazil

4.88/5  rDev +14.6%

Bought my 6 bottle limit back in November and still have a couple from last year. This is the first bottle from this year that I have opened and since I was traviling to Brasil to visit the in laws for christmas thought it would be a cool time to pop one open. Shared with 5 other brazilians in Sao Paulo during christmas eve.

Poured into clear plastic 6oz cups. Poured a muddy brown color with nice white head. Smells is upfront sweet malt mixed with alcohol, oak, and an almost port smell. Taste is a mellow blend of carmel, sweet malty liquid bread, dark fruit, chocolate, oak, warming alcohol, and a hint of coffee. Mouthfeel is smooth and creamy with a light supple carbonation. While far from a session beer this beer is highly drinkable for such a malt and alcohol bomb, the oak aging really pays off on the finish.

By the way only my brother-in law and my cousin who works for mtv brasil liked this beer the others thought it was to strong and went back to drinking their skol. To each his own.

12-25-2007 20:59:22 | More by sfoley333