Deliverance - The Lost Abbey

DeliveranceDeliverance

The Lost Abbey visit their website

American Strong Ale |  12.50% ABV

Beer added by: drummstikk on 08-09-2010

A blend of bourbon barrel-aged Serpent’s Stout and brandy barrel-aged Angels Share, Deliverance is the epic battle being waged between heaven and hell for the souls of mortal men… and your enjoyment in a glass.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Deliverance Alström Bros

4.97/5  rDev +15.3%

I haven't had Angel's Share (I missed my chance last time it was available) but I hear its awesome and Serpent's Stout is literally one of the best stouts I have ever had so I go into this excited. Nose is surprisingly sweet. Vanilla, sherry, caramel, oak, cherries, chocolate, chocolate covered cherries, plums, figs, dark fruits and grape. Taste is strong, oak flavors up front with vanilla and chocolate. Cherries and grapes follow with some assistance from dark fruits. Definite booziness; warming but not overwhelming. The barrels really come through in an awesome way and they don't fight each other. There are very distinct bourbon notes up front followed right on the heels by the fruitier brandy flavors. The mouthfeel is smooth, silky, slightly hot and awesome. This is one the greatest barrel aged ales I have ever tasted, hands down.

4.97/5  rDev +15.3%

Amazing nose and flavor of chocolate, bourbon, sherry, cherries, brandy, toffee, fig, date, raisin, sandalwood, and coffee. Beautifully balanced with almost no carbonation, but a voluptuous mouthfeel that is coating, and helps the finish to last incredibly long.

I'm a moderate fan of Serpent Stout, and only a marginal fan of The Angel's Share, but this blend is absolutely fantastic!

4.95/5  rDev +14.8%

4.94/5  rDev +14.6%

The cork popped and I instantly knew everything was gonna be ok. The dark velvet pours slowly into my stemless Chardonnay producing a light tan head that quickly gives way to the darkness.

The smell is amazing. Bourbon and dark fruits float up to the nose, with slight vinous notes and tons of oaky vanilla. A faint chocolate hiding behind the vanilla of the barrel. The brandy comes out as it warms, definitely worth the wait.

Taste is bourbon filled chocolate with an amazing vanilla note on the back end. A vine-like booze flavor jumps into the rink as the beer warms. While it's warming, it's definitely not bad, it would be incredibly amazing in the winter but I can't fault it even in the summer.

Overall I have to say that this is most certainly one of the best beers I've had. I limit most of my reviews to beers that are unique or unusually good or bad, but I have to say that this brew is phenomenal. This is easily in my top 5, I would definitely take one over KBS any day.

4.93/5  rDev +14.4%

Deliver me from evil. Wow, this beer rocks. Strong taste with bourbon and vanilla, fruit like undertones. Great bouquet and nice dark color. I've been waiting for a while to try this beer and was only holding back because of cost. At $16 for a 12 oz bottle, I'm not going to drink too many of these, but I will drink them on days that end in a y. Great overall beer. Nice dark color, sweet vanilla fruity taste and good strong alcohol taste. Love it!

4.92/5  rDev +14.2%

4.92/5  rDev +14.2%

Deliver me from evil... Deliverance from the Lost Abbey is a strong, very strong beer. It pours black with no head because of the 12.5% ABV. The brandy and bourbon flavors swirl in your mouth.
Succumb to the madness. Pray for your deliverance from this hellish temptress.

Deliverance from The Lost Abbey