NYPA - Peekskill Brewery

Peekskill Brewery visit their website
New York, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.10% ABV

Beer added by: jrnyc on 12-24-2013

An assertively hopped pale ale. Honey Malt and bright hopes from Citra and Mosaic hops.
Ratings: 70 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by BKBassist:
4.44/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

SOOO GOOD. Had this next to their imp IPA(pray to zod? idk something like that) as well as eastern standard, and amazeballs, and this was so good. Had a balance yet still a nice hop bomb. Tropical flavors throughout and perfect carbonation. If it was blind I would have thought this would have been there imperial, at least compared to what they had.

I visited Peekskill on my way home from a trip to PA. I went about 45 min to an hour out of the way and I have to say it was worth it and I will be making the 1.5 hour trip from home again. I took home NYPA and The Aristocrats(which is also great) and the only problem I had were the VERY HIGH prices. 28$ for a 64oz NYPA and 32oz Aristocrats.

I also stopped at Newburgh Brewing on the way out to PA, and I was disappointed. Hop Drop was great but they dont do growler fills of it/didnt that day and the rest was bland. So if the choice is between the two breweries and $$ isnt a problem, its Peekskill all day

3.96/5  rDev -5.3%

1/2 growler filled at the brewery a day ago.

Pours lightly hazed typical almond amber, under a tiny bubble lite khaki head and leaving better then average fine sheeting and fine bits of lacing.

Lite pine hop nose.

Super tasty and well-crafted pale ale. More pine and resiny hops with a supporting cast of underlying malt. Quality stuff. Great with a burger and fries.

NYPA from Peekskill Brewery