Microbrew Invitational

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Added by CaptainPiret on 08-23-2011

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.68/5  rDev +4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had a 75cl bottle. Nice amber color with thin white head that fades away quite fast. Nice aroma of hops and caramel. It tastes a bit like a speciale belge, but then with more flavor and more alcohol content. One of the better amber beers I've had, will surely drink it again when I have the chance.

3.67/5  rDev +3.7%

I didn't quite know how to classify this beer. It's somewhere between a dark and pale ale, pouring a rich, orangish amber color with a thick head that recedes quickly.

It smells of orange peel, candi sugar and malt, and all three aromas are heavily present in the taste, while a slight peppery and buttery flavors are also noticeable.

Despite the head disappearing quickly, the beer is pretty crisp and bubbly in the mouth.

If I could set the overall to 3.75, I would. It's a pretty decent beer that is pretty drinkable once you get past the sweetness. But since it's not a 4.0, I had to go with 3.5 Tasty beer, but not at the top of its class.

Kessel 69 from Brouwerij De Vlier
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.