Join our email list →

American Strong Ale | 8.50% ABV

Beer added by: Rifugium on 12-12-2012

Reviews by Centennial:

3.14/5  rDev -3.4%

First had: on tap at the brewery

Listed as an "imperial amber," but to me this came off more like a stale Lagunitas offering than a fresh Nugget Nectar. It was definitely more malt-driven. Caramel brown color, murky to the point to almost being opaque, with a large, foamy, beige head that left sheets of lacing on the glass. Distant, grainy aroma. Hmm. I guess I expected a dash of spice in the nose or something for a beer with "holiday" in the name, but I really didn't get much of anything. The taste was actually quite warm with booze up front, nutty malts, toasted grains, caramel, cardboard, woody and dry, distant herbal hops. I'm honestly not too sure what they were going for here, and maybe with a second glass I would've grasped it more, but frankly I just didn't like it enough to order another. Medium body, drinkable, but a bit stale and lacking in character.

3.75/5  rDev +15.4%

3.25/5  rDev 0%

Alcoholiday from Earth Bread + Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.