Pucker Puss - Earth Bread + Brewery

Pennsylvania, United States

American Wild Ale |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: oglmcdgl on 04-26-2013

3.42/5  rDev -16.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

First had: on tap at Earth

Not sure if this is the first wild ale / sour Earth has done, but I'm sure it's the first I've seen. It was a decent crack at the style, but not too great in the grand scheme of things.

Poured a hazy, light amber color with a finger of fizzy white head that dissipated almost completely, a few stray bubbles clinging to the glass throughout the session; gentle carbonation. Definite lactic quality in the aroma, touches of citrus, funk, crackery malts. The taste was pretty mild, and a bit lacking in the flavor department. Notes of peach and underripe melon, with a slight sour bite to it, lactic and acetic twinges, but pretty tame overall, which made it easily drinkable, but a bit too thin for what I'd expect for the style. Body was light-medium, mouthfeel was a bit watery, which didn't really help the flavor profile, but still made for an easy drinker. Again, a decent attempt at the style, but needs work.

4.84/5  rDev +17.8%

I've been waiting for this beer for a long time. When I heard tom had a sour in the works I was hyped but kept myself in check. This was way beyond my expectations. Cloudy early sunset orange in color with a nice finger of head. Beautifull light funk and sour in the nose with some wonderfull classic lambic like touches. Sour and tart without being overly agressive with sweet and sour cherries, notes of canary melon and elder flower vinegar. So subtle and yet complex I am impressed and moved. Less then medium in body with a nice carb that let's the brew sit on the palete long enough to soak in then wisp away for a perfect close. I wanted to like it but kept my expectation at bay then tom brought the thunder and killed it. No joke this beer is the real deal. Better then anything I've had brewed around here. Tired hands included.

Pucker Puss from Earth Bread + Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.