Hopjopia - Granite City Food & Brewery

Beer added by: fantome on 11-22-2004

to view more.
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 3
3/5  rDev n/a

Originally reviewed April 9, 2005. On tap at the Gitchee Gumee Brewfest 2005. A clear amber pour, lacking much head. Real interesting beer. While it has all these hops, I’m not overwhelmed. They seemed tamped into the malty background and a little watered down. Finishes with a burnt note.

4.29/5  rDev n/a

Dude at the bar told me there were 20 different hop additions at 5 minute intervals...I did not clariify if that was 20 "different" hops.

Pours a burnt orange....nice juicy hop aroma...citrus...but more leafy tobacco and canibus.Medium bodied...nice tight carbonation but not overdone....hops dominate the flavor....piney notes to go along with some grapefruit and tobacco...a light caramel/toffee like malt backing fits nicely...finishes with a taunt piney bitterness.

This is a tasty brew...hop heads will enjoy this...If I had to guess on the hops I'm pretty sure I taste chinook, centennial, and amarillo for sure....This is probably the best I've had from this place but I haven't been able to catch hardly any of their seasonals....

I tweaked my scores to better reflect how I feel about this beer...I'd go 4.5-5.0 for smell and 4.0-4.5 for taste....so I bumped the smell up to 5.0 and the taste to 4.0....This is a solid brew that probably will not recieve a lot of attention but is deserving of some...

3.77/5  rDev n/a

Pours to a deep copper color with an off-white head that diminishes to a ring. The aroma is malty and hoppy, kinda floral with a bit of peppery spiciness. I get a bit of caramel malts in the aroma as well. The flavor is of caramel malts and a bit of peppery spice. There are 20 hop additions in this one, but it is very well balanced. It does finish off dry and bitter, but not overpowering. A very nice brew.

to view more.
Hopjopia from Granite City Food & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.