Yuengling Summer Wheat - Yuengling Brewery

Yuengling Brewery visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Hefeweizen |  4.50% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: WVbeergeek on 04-03-2014)

3.64/5  rDev +2.5%

1.5/5  rDev -57.7%

3.88/5  rDev +9.3%

I love it a working mans beer all Yuengling are price right for the real beer drinkers....

3.72/5  rDev +4.8%

3.82/5  rDev +7.6%

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass.

A: Hazy golden-orange color. Creamy white head retains well at an inch in height.

S: Overripe bananas, wheaty tang, bread, vanilla, hints of clove. Actually a lot more hef character than I was expecting. Not bad.

T: chalky yeast up front. Wheaty tartness. Traces of white pepper and clove. Green banana. Doughy. Very yeasty finish.

M: Light and frothy/fluffy in the mouth. Airy, whipped sort of texture. Sharp, scrubbing effervescence.

O: Surprisingly on point. We actually have a bit of a sleeper on our hands here. It's a solid, well-made hefeweizen, especially considering its price point and availability. I would not hesitate to pick this up if I had a hankering for the style. Truthfully you're probably better off with this than gambling on one of the more renowned imports that probably suffered on the journey.

3.5/5  rDev -1.4%

I really like wheat beers. I used to be an overly-hopped beer junky until my tastebuds rebelled. Now I really like wheat beers. Who's to say what happened? I suppose a medical consultation is in order. Anyway, I tried Yuengling's Summer Wheat and was pleasantly surprised. It tasted as good as many a German Heffeweizens I've tried. It's reasonably priced and quite satisfying. It has a very clean finish and makes me want to order another one. I've tried the bottled version only since I've not seen it on tap anywhere around here.

3.44/5  rDev -3.1%