Yuengling Black & Tan - Yuengling Brewery

poor

Yuengling Brewery visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Black & Tan |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-07-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Yuengling Black & Tan Alström Bros

The best of all Yuengling beers. Sister and Brother-in-law bought me a variety pack with Traditional lager, light lager, and Lord Chesterfield Ale. The unusual taste made me want more and more. Only wish it was available in Ohio. After drinking the finest of the finest, it is hard to drink a Bud or Miller product.

4.88/5  rDev +51.6%

Bottle poured into pilsner
A: Very Dark, almost black yet slightly transparent. Nice chestnut head and light lacing around glass.

S: Beautiful dark roasted malts and smooth hops tones.

T: Simple but wonderful roasted malts, very light hops and something almost chocolate.

M: Nice start, flavor stays robust and then a smooth dry finish

D: I love this one. I used to drink a case every week when I was younger and then almost forgot about it. Back in my life again, I love Black and Tan. Great with food, camping or just hanging out.

4.84/5  rDev +50.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Yuengling Original Black and Tan. For starters it's very good. Let me tell you what. If you do not like we'll there's nothing I can do. So enjoy that shit. It's not heavy to heavy per say. This beer is smooth. Bottles never cans and always Draft if u you can.

4.8/5  rDev +49.1%

I can't believe I never reviewed B&T either (apparently I never reviewed any Yuenglings) in the 10 years I lived in Pittsburgh. This was always my favorite of their line-up, followed by Larger and Lord Chesterfield.

Appearance is a cola colored dark brown with a small off-white head leaving light, scattered lace.

Smell is great, on the sweet side, with hints of caramel, anise

Taste is also sweet, but not overly so, and very smooth. Caramel and anise, hint of charcoal, just so yummy. I love this beer, best out of 16 oz cans (pounders), our go to case for camping, only $20!

Mouthfeel has a light, crisp carbonation, and is light bodied.

Drinkability is super high. I could, and have drank these all day. Just enough taste to satisfy but still keep it highly sessionable, the benchmark a B&T in my opinion. One of the few beers I prefer out of a can.

4.78/5  rDev +48.4%

Poured a nice dark almost burnt sugar like color. A mild smell and a robust tremendous taste it finishes clean and just seems like it would be amazing with a steak(from Penna please) steak. It also finishes off any meal, day, or anytime of the day you want. It is tremenedous!!!

4.75/5  rDev +47.5%

Love the full flavor taste one of my favorites for sure

4.75/5  rDev +47.5%

My go to "cheep beer"! How can I rate it any less then Great?

Yuengling Black & Tan from Yuengling Brewery