Yuengling Bock - Yuengling Brewery

Yuengling Brewery visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Bock |  5.10% ABV

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: ClockworkOrange on 02-08-2009)
3.66/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

OK..First Off,I Understand that "Yuengling Bock" is not a world class "Bock",and Admit it is not a Great Bock,However,I Personally Very much Like this Beer for what it is,and for what it is Not..It is a Very Light Bock,and if there is such a thing as a "Session Bock" then I think this is as close to one as you will Find,not Heavy or filling in the least,but with a nice,mild Roasty flavor.."Mild" Being the Key word here,
it seems that this beer gets it's fair share of less then stellar Reviews,and I suppose I can understand why..to a point,it is not what most people expect from a Bock Beer,I think most people expect tons of flavor,Very strong Roasty notes and an overall strong beer,and this Bock just is not that @ all,but as I said,I Myself Like this Beer a LOT,Maybe because I have been a longtime drinker of mass produced Macro Beers such as Bud,Coors,Miller,Pabst,Rolling Rock and such,and I find Yuengling Bock to be a Nice Alternative to these beers on the Hot days of summer,perhaps @ a cookout & summer parties outdoors,where a more traditional Bock would be way too Heavy and filling,Yuengling Bock is a perfect Fit,,[for me anyway;)] and while it is not full of flavor & taste,it sure as hell beats the crap out of the swill you will find at a lot of BBq's and Outdoor parties where there seems to be nothing but Coolers full of Bud Light,Coors Light and other Horrible, Watered down Soda water some people call "Beer"..YUCK!;)
In Closing I would just like to add,I think this beer gets a bit too much Negative press from people Comparing it to other,More Traditional Bocks,a lot of them costing @ least twice as much,I can pick up Yuengling Bock up all day long for around $6.50 a 6er,that is a VERY sweet price point for a good,smooth drinking beer of any type,let alone a Bock,and Personally ..I just enjoy this beer a lot & do not think it deserves the amount of hate it gets,but thats just my opinion man,so hate it if you want to,but me? I am gonna drink the hell out of it! hehe,cheers!

3.75/5  rDev +11.3%

4.75/5  rDev +40.9%

4.5/5  rDev +33.5%

2.75/5  rDev -18.4%

3.75/5  rDev +11.3%

3.44/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Bought a sixer at Beers of the World in Henrietta NY on sale for $5.  Seemed like a great buy considering Yuengling's popularity and the fact that not everyone makes Bock.

a. As I was travelling,  this was poured into the only non-disposable cup available, my coffee mug.  Attractive brown-amber with surprisingly little head even though served close to room temp.

s.  Nothing evident.

t. Mild-sweet, pleasant maltiness.

m. smooth.

o. A drinkable bock, not enough distinctive taste to get especially excited about, but a good solid pleasing beer with nothing to dislike about it. Have had two and the second was consistent with the first.

3.76/5  rDev +11.6%

This was my first Bock experience and is was a good one I must say I do like and what I understand they just started brewing again after a long hiatus. Reddish color and very hoppy and Carmel taste. It is now I guess a seasonal brew for them and lets hope they continue brew for all to taste..

3.79/5  rDev +12.5%

I am very satisfied with this attempt by yuengling. It gets a little old when you grew up around yuengling lager and constantly hear everyone boast about it. They have a nice niche. Note - this is a lager. I praise yuengling for marketing this attempt. That said, is it a world class bock? Hell no. Did I enjoy it? Hell yes. For the price and taste I would gladly buy this every time over regular yuengling lager. That is if they keep making it. Cheers to yueng for trying something different (or at least a little different.) And of course cheers to you, mateys!

Yuengling Bock from Yuengling Brewery