Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Yuengling Oktoberfest - Yuengling Brewery

Yuengling OktoberfestYuengling Oktoberfest

Yuengling Brewery visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  5.45% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: yuenglings on 08-21-2011

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Yuengling Oktoberfest Alström Bros
4.94/5  rDev +47.9%

great oktoberfest. Not the best i tried but very much addictive for an oktoberfest. Honestly I like this Oktoberfest better than Sam Adams. Kudos to Yuengling for another wonderful beer. I know their beer list is small but I have liked all their brews so far except 1. but i guess that goes with any brewery.

4.75/5  rDev +42.2%

Yuengling makes great beer and Oktoberfest (Märzen) style beer is my favorite. If you live in the northeastern US it is very inexpensive, making it one of the best beers per dollar and my go to drink when it is in season.

4.5/5  rDev +34.7%

For one this being very affordable wins out.

And despite how many say this is a bad brew or just ok.....rather opposite....its very well into the good range, yes it is rather light and very sweet/less malty vs others/big names of this style but still its very drinkable.

4.35/5  rDev +30.2%

Pours amber red gold with a small 1/2 inch head.
Smells of sweet malts.
Very refreshing beer with a nice malt and mild hop hit flavor.
Very clean and smooth in your mouth.
Overall I give this one a 4.5 like all yeugling beers it has a specail flavor that fits yeugling beers.
This is another winner for America's Oldest Brewery! No brewery is more American than Yeungling!!

4.3/5  rDev +28.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Every year about this time Oktoberfest beers appear and I try to sample as many as I can. So far Ayinger, Paulaner and Hacker-Pschorr are my favorites. They're all German brews that most agree are solid examples of the style. That said, there is a subset of American Oktoberfest beers that seem to pursue a slightly different iteration of Oktoberfest. This is such an offering that's right, in it's balance of malt and hops. It's mouthfeel is perfect and nothing in it is to forward or dominant. I can drink it all night but it's not thin and watery. So I'll be getting some more sixes as Oktoberfest goes on.

4.25/5  rDev +27.2%

Yuengling Oktoberfest Brewed by Yuengling Brewery with an ABV of 5.45% This brew pours out a nice brown color with a nice white head. This is a filtered brew you can see right thought it. I like the color of this brew. So far this brew is ok. The smell is rich with grains and some sweetness. The taste is rich with flavor and some sweetness at the end. Oktoberfest has a nice balance to it there is nothing overpowering in this brew. Yuengling did a real nice job with this one. The mouthfeel is nice and clean. There is no bad aftertaste to this brew. Oktoberfest has a clean finish to it. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4.25 out 5. This brew was better than what I was expecting. I would buy this brew again.

4.25/5  rDev +27.2%

I'm surprised at the low scores for this beer. Must be the snob factor since the regular Yuengling is very boring. For a Marzen, this beer is very well crafted. Beutuful in the glass with excellent head and body. Smells wonderful. Taste is flavorful with sweetness and malt but suble and creates the sessionable drinkability you want for an Oktoberfest brew. Overall this is an under the radar brew that deserves a lot more accolades than it is getting for this style. I personally have it rated as one of my favorites out there.

4.18/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: pours a nice, rich orangey-amber color with a thin head that falls quickly and retains little lacing

S: prominent caramel and sweet malts, some notes of spice, clean aroma that's not too strong

T: sweetness of roasty malts and caramel with a crisp very slightly bitter lingering finish, pleasant upon exhale

M: smooth carbonated mouthfeel with a thin/medium body that finishes clean and a touch dry

O: this is a solid choice for a readily available (at least in my area) Oktoberfest that can be enjoyed as a session beer and is much more affordable than its many counterparts. A sweet and crisp selection that I won't say "no" to.

4.12/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Nothing is going to supplant their Lord Chet in a CAN for me, but this is a really good second, even if it does come in a bottle. I CAN't really say that I am sorry to see the Bock go away, either.

It comes in a screw-top bottle, so it was simply Twist! and let fly with a heavy-handed pour. I was a bit aggressive as evidenced by the sudden appearance of three-plus fingers of fluffy, deep-tan/light-brown head with moderate retention. Color was a gorgeous Deep Amber/Light Copper to Copper (SRM = > 13, < 17) with NE-plus quality clarity. Nose was malty sweet, but not cloying. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full, approaching, but not quite achieving, creaminess. Taste was very caramel-like, with a breadiness that held the sweetness in check. Finish was semi-sweet with a lingering caramel flavor. I could drink this all during the fall, and as proof, this is my fifth since it hit the market at the beginning of the month (today is M, 14 Sept 2015).

This beer really surprised me, I thought it was delicious and smooth, something you can sip on or even drink fast if that's what your going for, just the right amount of flavor not over the top at all like some seasonal beers can be. Over all I recommend this beer! and its a couple $ cheaper than most 6 packs as well so that's a plus!

Bottle into pint glass.

Very nice orange red dusk color.

Muted caramel sweet malts faint hops. Very clean.

Mild toasted caramel malts with a nice quick hop flavor in the finish.

Full bodied but not heavy. Smooth finish.

Good Oktoberfest. What I love about Yuengling is that they really put there own spin on their beers. You can tell it is a Yuengling beer.

Pours a soapy, white head. Spicy/yeasty aroma. Lovely copper color. Starts with an interesting spicy hop maltiness. Builds into a really nice biscuit flavor. Finish is spicy hops over smooth malt.

Oh, this is very nice. The initial flavor is an interesting blend of hop and malt, but it grew on me VERY quickly as the great malt profile swells. I really like this one.

look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Poured from 12 oz. bottle to a Pint glass.

A: Wonderful clear dark reddish copper color with a 2 finger tan head that slowly recedes.
S: A bit of sweet malt, with a little bit of cinnamon.
T: Slightly toasted malt with a caramel flavor. Becoming a nice sweet flavor. Minimal hop bitterness on the finish.
M: Light to Medium mouthfeel. A little bit more toasty than the Traditional Lager. Sweetness adds to the drinkability in a positive way.
O: For the great price (7 dollars a six pack!), this give you a beer with a bit more flavor than their flagship Traditional Lager. Very enjoyable and easy to drink. This would be a good go-to beer if it wasn't a seasonal.

3.95/5  rDev +18.3%

I'm glad Yuengling took my advise on brewing this beer in my Yuengling Bock review from a few years back. Good job, guys...I'll take a bonus check when time allows. :)
Appears a semi transparent amber color with a fluffy, off white cap that slowly fades into a mild head and color. Scattered bits of lacing are left around the glass.
Smell is of freshly baked bread, caramel, toffee, light grass, and hints of sourdough. Freshly cracked Munich malt.
Taste is of the aromas with a malty blast of bread, caramel, toffee, and a gentle tartness with an earthy/hoppy grass note found in the background.
Mouthfeel is medium bodied, clean, fresh, and authentically German in nature.
Very well done for a Pennsylvania, larger brewery. $7 for a six-pack? Sold.

3.95/5  rDev +18.3%

Ruddy copper beer with a thick, foamy head that leaves lots of lacing. Has a leafy, bready aroma with notes of caramel. Flavors of tea leaves and light butterscotch with a yeasty aftertaste. Body seems a little thin but this is a great example of Oktoberfest beer.

3.95/5  rDev +18.3%

Do my eyes deceive me? Does that say "Yuengling Oktoberfest?!" Um, yes, please!

12oz bottle poured into a conical pint. Pours a tawny dark rusty amber with a small sheet of lace atop. The nose is fruity with notes of banana, stawberry - though faint at that. Toffee and caramel sweet aromas round this out, with a touch of ethanol. A different aroma, but not offputting.

Smooth clean mouthfeel, that begs to be gulped. Spot-on carbonation gives the beer enough girth to satisfy me. Sweet caramel and toffee flavors, light fruity back end. Bready finish. Alcohol adds just enough zip to bolster this beer. A total malt-heads dream. Really a good beer. I expected to find some major flaws in this, but I couldn't really find any. A well-made beer, perfect for the cooler months ahead.

3.89/5  rDev +16.5%

ABV is at 5.44
Calories is at 168

Nice drinkable Oktoberfest Brew. Tried many different Marzen Brews from Ayinger, Paulaner, Sam Adams, Spartan, Munsterfest this will keep up with the top 25 out there easily. If, you live in Pennsylvania, nice with an open fire for a fall evening as the mercury dips. Enjoy!

3.89/5  rDev +16.5%

One of my favorite variations of Oktoberfest beers. I had it at a friend's house a couple years back and now I can't find it anywhere. Do they still make this brew or not?

3.88/5  rDev +16.2%

Man, was I surprised by this beer! I really like and respect what Yuengling puts out, but I did not expect them to come out with an Oktoberfest of this quality. I've had this on tap at a local bar several times.

Beer had a great copper color and sweet smell. The taste and quality was not only comparable to a lot of more expensive Oktoberfests I've had (I got this for $1.50 a pint, not on special!), but I think it was even better. I had a Sam Adam's Oktoberfest on tap that same night, and I think the Yuengling Oktoberfest put the S.A. to shame. Maybe I was just biased because it was a Yuengling beer, but either way, its an excellent Oktoberfest!

3.83/5  rDev +14.7%

this was the "secret beer" at Cooper's in Scranton, PA. excitedly ordered it after finding it on their Facebook page. I find Marzens to be average beers. Nothing ever blows me away. This was the first I've ever had that actually had some distintive taste to it. It was a beautiful orange/brown color, drank smooth and tasted fantastic. A bit heavy on the tongue, but all in all probably the best Marzen I've ever had. Who knew Yuengling could wow me with a new beer?

3.8/5  rDev +13.8%

Served on-tap at Paradise, poured into a standard pint glass. Since this isn't out in bottles yet and I heard they had it on draft, I had to give it a try.

A: Clear, amber/copper colored body with a nice soapy white head on top. The dissipation was steady, and an extremely thin retention ring was left around the edges. I actually did get a bit of lace on this one which I was a bit surprised about.

S: Bready, grainy and soft caramel malts are first. A malt sweetness comes through along with a hint of bitterness and some buttery notes. It almost has a biscuit-like quality but not as much as I've experienced in other lagers. It's an okay nose; nothing is really jumping out.

T: Sweet and slightly toasted caramel malts come through first, with the sweetness lasting through mid-palate. Darker breads, a touch of honey and a really crisp spice note are towards the end. It's extremely easy drinking, not heavy on anything in the flavor profile that would make this a turnoff.

M: Bubbly, prickly and on the lighter end of a medium body. The finish and linger is clean and crisp, having a nice cut after the beer leaves your mouth.

It's probably one of the most sessionable Oktoberfest beers I've tasted, albeit not the most flavorful. Everything is here though that you'd expect for the style but it's not overdone, if anything understated. Easy drinking, crisp, clean and quite refreshing. A solid first attempt at the style. Then again, I think they do lagers quite well.

3.8/5  rDev +13.8%

12 oz.

Pours a deep clear amber orange, orangish gold head dissipates to a lacing.

Smells of rich caramel malts along with toffee and buttered bread.

Coppery bready malts , brown sugar and a whisper of nutmeg.

Medium body with light stings of carbonation in the throat.

This is surprisingly good. Not the best marzen but better than I assumed from a brewery that hasn't branched out into seasonals before. It goes down really easily and has an interesting taste. I think I would have this again and I hop Yuengling considers other seasonals moving forward.

3.77/5  rDev +12.9%

A-dark amber with a creamy cream colored head

S-faint smell of light and sweet barley. smells like an adjunct.

T-comes in with a bitter taste of roasted barley and some honey. the bitterness is actually pretty sticky. the after-taste is matching with more of a taste of honey. the after-taste is long lasting. there's a lot of good creaminess and woodyness to it.

M-creamy medium carbonation with a creamy finish

O-this is more drinkable than water, basically one of the purposes of the style. i actually love this. i really want to find a case of this. it doesn't fit the style guidelines to a T, but its a loose interpretation, and a good one. flavors are pretty decent.

3.76/5  rDev +12.6%

Pours a clear dark amber with minimal head. Slightly sweet and toasted malt aromas carry over to the palate in a restrained and well balanced way, with a little of the metallic bitterness that resembles some of the flavors in regular Yuengling Lager. Moderate carbonation and medium body make this go down easy. Very solid.

3.75/5  rDev +12.3%

Yuengling Oktoberfest
12 oz. brown glass bottle, coded "1423131 03:36"
$1.29 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

It's nice to see that Yuengling is keeping up with the times by putting out new beers. They fired one of the first shots in the microbrew revolution just by keeping their porter alive when no one else did, and they then furthered that by introducing their Black & Tan and Traditional Lager. The Lord Chesterfield didn't hurt either, and as far as I can remember, that was the first all-Cascade hopped beer to come out of a large regional brewery.

The Oktoberfest, however, falls short; but at least they've opted to go for more of a Vienna-style than just a malty-sweet golden "Festbier". The appearance is good, and the aroma is OK, but the flavor is lacking. There's some caramel to it, but overall the malt fails to display any depth of character. Some lively spicy hops bring it around a bit, and there is a touch of toasty sweet bread to it as well as a light fruitiness, but it still seems a bit threadbare overall.

Yuengling Oktoberfest from Yuengling Brewery