St. Denise - Brouwerij Sterkens N.V.

St. DeniseSt. Denise

Brouwerij Sterkens N.V. visit their website

Belgian Pale Ale |  7.60% ABV

(Beer added by: Suds on 07-09-2007)
Reviews by amendt:
amendt

Italy

3.93/5  rDev -0.5%

Like the other review, I found this beer in Italy. Sicily, though -- which says much about its scope.

Is this beer the perihelion of my disaster? Tonight I doubt it. Quite a bit like La Chouffe, this beer. A bit weaker. Is it wrong of me to find the girl on this label sexier than St. Pauli's girl? A few more of these and I might try to hit on the label.

A ceramic-style jug with the flip-top rubber stopper. Smaller than the BA picture: 50 cl only. Suspicious of anything claiming to be Belgian with Italian right on the label: 'birra doppia malto' just as the other review says.

I'm finding this beer to be serviceable. My bowels are clenching. But that could be from all the espressos I have had today. I'm doing the budget for an Italian school. Only I'm not an accountant. Told them I was though.

Overall this beer is far less a disapppointment than I expected. Not the beer I'd drink if I were in South Jersey running around feeling up girls. But definitely the beer I'd be drinking if lost in Sicily, alive and alone, in perpetual exile, one step ahead of the law...

10-11-2012 18:22:11 | More by amendt
Suds

3.93/5  rDev -0.5%

I picked this brew up in a market in northern Italy. The brew was poured from a 33 cl bottle with an elegant long neck. The bottle is labeled 'bierra doppio malto'. It's a hazy yellow-gold beer, with an attractive white head and a lot of nice lace. The brew is moderately carbonated, and incredibly hazy. The aroma is citric and a bit sharp, with just a hint of alcohol. There's not much malt in the aroma, but it stands out instantly in the flavor. The flavor has a notable citric quality (orange and lemon, specifically) that's balanced with the malt. A bit of sweet spice is in the mid-taste. The finish is soft and full. This is a dichotomous beer, both sweet and tart, light and strong. It's a fairly easy drink, and certainly worth another round.

07-09-2007 20:34:12 | More by Suds
bird_soul

Netherlands

08-16-2014 15:59:28 | More by bird_soul
St. Denise from Brouwerij Sterkens N.V.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.