Sunny Side Up (Little Amps! Double Coffee) - Al's of Hampden / Pizza Boy Brewing

Sunny Side Up (Little Amps! Double Coffee)
No picture uploaded.

Al's of Hampden / Pizza Boy Brewing visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  11.00% ABV

Our rich, smooth oatmeal imperial stout brimming with locally sourced coffee from Little Amps in Harrisburg.

(Beer added by: stakem on 10-09-2012)

4.88/5  rDev +10.9%

4.85/5  rDev +10.2%

4.81/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 5

Pours dark brown, almost black with an off white head. Has a strong coffee aroma. Nice roasted malt profile that is not overpowered by the coffee. ABV sneaks in a little, but is barely noticeable for 11%. My go to Pizza Boy Imperial Stout if Pappy is not available.

4.8/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.76/5  rDev +8.2%

4.76/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Where to begin with one of my favorite brews from this up and coming brewery!

Appearence:
My, my, my where have you been all my life!? This is seriously one black stout almost to the liking of burnt motor oil. I'm sure it would leave a stain on the playground blacktop if I spilled it out of my Ninja Turtles thermos! The sun is blocked out with this one and its all capped up with a nice small, porter brown head that looks better than the dockers that yuppies wear! Can't wait to dive into this one.

Smell:
BOOM! Kapow! Smack right in the face! Its a juiced up espresso right in your face. I need some rock candy or a sugar cube stat! What a pleasant aroma of fresh roasted coffee and a slight bitter note of espresso. As it warms I pick up some slight earth tones and a touch of bitter cocoa, but definitely heavy with a fresh coffee/espresso punch! Oh I hope the taste matches!

Taste:
What an unholy matrimony! The smell matches the taste. Not a let down at all, it tastes like straight espresso and a fresh french pressed coffee had a baby inside my glass! What a delightful combo of bitter coffee, sweet chocolate/cocoa and somemore bitterness from roasty toasty grains! I may have just shit into my pants! As it finishes there's a slight earthy must that dries it out a touch and it smacks you in the nuts and says "hey dick head take another sip" seriously impressive how the alcohol burn is completely masked with the coffee and grain bill.

Mouthfeel:
Seriously big and full bodied! Its a rough and tough beast that coats the whole palate and finishes dry begging you to fill up another and keep coming back for me! Which I did because I'm a glutton for punishment! No alcohol burn, pleasant and enjoyable!

Seriously, one of the best coffee stouts around! If you don't believe me, BM me and send me your best and I'll gladly switch you a growler of this sexy sum bitch! Keep an eye, ear and glass ready for Al & Terry of Pizza Boy Brewing!

4.75/5  rDev +8%

Sunny Side Up (Little Amps! Double Coffee) from Al's of Hampden / Pizza Boy Brewing