1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Jack D'or - Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project

Jack D'orJack D'or

Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.40% ABV

First release from Pretty Things. A "Saison Americain."

(Beer added by: Paquette on 12-01-2008)
View: Beers (21) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Jack D'or Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,245 | Reviews: 592 | Show All Ratings:
Andrew041180

3.98/5  rDev -2%

A - Beautiful translucent golden beer with a good amount of head - the bartender had to dump an unfortunate amount to make sure the glass was filled properly. The head retained for a little while, but ultimately reduced to a film, which was maintained by the active carbonation. Mild lacing on the glass, which was a very nice goblet/large wine glass.

S - Yummy scent emerges - that typical Saison scent that mixes bananas, cloves, maybe some pepper, and assorted spiciness.

T - Follows the nose. A little stronger on the spiciness than I would typically like. Very tasty though.

M - My first few sips are a little harsh, but the beer eventually mellows into what is probably closer to the brewers intent. Regardless, it is still either a little fizzier or a little flatter than I would look for from this style.

O - I very much enjoyed this beer and would certainly have another. Although for the price there are other beers out there that I would enjoy a bit more. A bit too much spice and the mouthfeel was not quite there for me.

07-03-2013 22:01:34 | More by Andrew041180
deadonhisfeet

3.75/5  rDev -7.6%

Poured from a bottle into a Bell's tulip. The beer looks nearly perfect. It's extremely hazy, gold in color, and sports a perfectly formed fine white head with good retention and excellent lacing. I'm salivating just looking at it. On the nose I'm getting some nice floral notes that are matched by a fruity sweetness reminiscent of apple juice. There's no mistaking this for an IPA, but it doesn't smell like a lot of Saisons. It's pleasant and earthy without being disagreeable.

The beer has a medium body and lots of flavor for this style. There's a real syrupy, marmalade-like sweetness up front. It is met by an herbal hop character that does not even toe the line into bitterness. I detect no tartness at all. What little there is seems to be masked by the fruity sweetness and earthy spiciness. A dry finish leaves a lingering, grassy, herbal flavor behind.

Overall, a really nice Saison, but it lacks complexity and the combination of sweet marmalade and floral hops doesn't seem to work well for my palate. I prefer more tartness. The hop character, however, is on the money. It is not overdone and does not leave the beer smelling and tasting like a mouthful of flowers. It's a very nice, drinkable Saison that unfortunately fails to land a spot on the list of beers in this style I'll seek again.

07-03-2013 00:37:09 | More by deadonhisfeet
alaimoa

Connecticut

3.16/5  rDev -22.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I am a bit surprised at the really high rankings for this one. As Farmhouses go, it's not nearly in my top bracket. Medium carbonation and golden color but very little in the nose or taste without much depth. Crisp and a bit on the too dry side for me. Maybe some citrus hints but was lacking overall character.

06-30-2013 13:54:24 | More by alaimoa
Williams22

4.33/5  rDev +6.7%

Smooth taste, with a nice feel and kick. Little afterbite, but still mellow. I highly recommend it! They feature this beer at the Miler's ale house in Watertown. Great atmosphere and great food to compliment the beer! Try it with the Zingers! Awesome combination!!!

06-29-2013 00:16:39 | More by Williams22
Treebs

3.86/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

22 oz. bottle served in a Pretty Things wine style glass. Bottled March, 2013. Thanks to dazedandconfused for the glass and beer!

A: Pours a hazy apricot color with a pure white head forming on the pour. It recedes to a bubble ring that leaves some sticky lace down the glass.

S: Great yeast presence up front. Some clove with a mild banana note. Some fruity esters with a little peppery bite. There's a touch of lemon sharpness as well.

T: More malty in the taste than the nose. Lemon pith, slightly bitter, with some heavy doses of peppery yeasty. White pepper is the main flavor with some cracker malts and a touch of sweetness. As it warms there is a slight funk on the back end.

M: Medium to light bodied with a medium high carbonation level. Nice and crisp.

O: Pretty solid saison overall. Nothing otherworldly, but I would have liked a more assertive hop presence on this American style and maybe a little more funk to the yeast.

06-07-2013 01:16:13 | More by Treebs
kojevergas

3.3/5  rDev -18.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Picked this one up recently having seen the hype on the forums. It's in one of my top 3 styles, so I'm really excited. 6.5% ABV according to my bottle. 1 pint 6 fl oz brown glass bottle with standard blue branded pressure cap served into a Mitchells of Lancaster stem-tulip (glassware per label's instructions) in me gaff in low altitude Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California. Reviewed live. Expectations are sky high, but it takes a lot to impress me with a saison as I've had quite a few of the best ones. Bottled February 2013.

Served cold - straight from the fridge - and allowed to warm over the course of consumption. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

A: Pours a two finger head of beige colour. Nice light creaminess to the head. Good thickness. No bubble show. Retention seems rather good, I'd predict it'll last about 5 minutes. Nice light inconsistent lacing as the head recedes.

Body colour is a dull dark yellow; not much to look at admittedly. I blame the pilsner malts. Nontransparent. Murky. Translucent. No yeast particles are visible (at least on first pour).

Overall, it's looking decent for the style. The colour does hold it back, though. I've seen far better saisons, but the head is nice for what it is.

Sm: Crystal malt, pilsner malt. Notable floral hop character; rather aggressive for a saison actually. Clove and banana - no doubt yeast-derived. White pepper when I strain to find it; I'm glad it's present as it's something I love in a good saison. Not getting any milky notes. Biscuity spicy yeasty character. No alcohol is detectable. Muted lemon citrus esters. Brett yeast offers little funk, if any - but I do like the biscuity character it lends here. A clean and appealing aroma, overall. Subtle - but middlingly so for the style. Somewhat zesty. Aroma is of above average to mild strength. Very approachable.

No noticeable flaws. Excited to try it, but I'm not blown away so far.

T/Mf: It's got more of a lemon ester twang than anticipated based on the aroma. More brett-derived funkiness as well - especially present in the second act. Pilsner malt keeps the body light alongside biscuit malts. Biscuity yeasty notes are present throughout, but I'm not getting much in the way of spicy yeast character. Floral hopping comes on too strong for the style, even injecting a hint of bitterness on the climax - which is unwelcome. The white pepper is far too restrained; I hardly get any at all. What a shame.

It does feel artificially dry; I think we can safely blame (credit?) the champagne yeast. I will say I'm surprised the ABV is as low as it is given the involvement of champagne yeast. No alcohol is noticeable.

Smooth, wet, light. Not at all oily, harsh, or rough. There is some slight coarseness which intensifies on the climax and helps bring out the depth of flavour a biteen more. Good carbonation. Somewhat scratchy. Decent presence on the palate.

Clove. Graininess is prominent. Vague hints of fleeting banana from the yeast.

Not at all tart. I wouldn't call it fruity, but it does have some dried fruity notes as identified above. Some subtle buried green apple.

Dandelion. It isn't horribly floral or flowery, but there's a touch.

I'd like it a bit more crisp, which would suit the style better as well.

Overall, it's somewhat subtle. Decent complexity for the style. Pretty nice overall balance. I just wish it were so much more than it is. There's little here to impress compared to most of the better Belgian examples of the style I've had. I'm reviewing it for its own merits, but comparatively it should be said that it's lagging way behind. It's slightly too bitter - I think from the zealous over-hopping.

Dr: Certainly drinkable - though I've had saisons at 9% or higher that made it hard to put my glass down. This doesn't quite fit that bill, but I do like it in a general sense. I hoped for much more, but this is a good entry in the style for newcomers. I'd probably order it on-draught at a pub, but I'd pass if I saw it on the shelf again. Maybe one of the better beers I've had from Pretty Things, but if my memory serves me right that isn't saying all that much. I was ready to gush over how good this was, but I was disappointed ultimately. Pretty good stuff, but not great.

Low B-

06-02-2013 04:52:10 | More by kojevergas
Prince_Casual

District of Columbia

4.5/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is my second Pretty Things bomber... my sister rec'd this based on her friends, doubt gone after the first one, let's see the Saison they're making in Westport:

A: Less carbonated than the textbook saison beers have. Visually I honestly enjoy watching the inconsistent but vigorous bubbles coming up. You can't beat a beer that keeps you entertained by the bubbles.

S: It's just great. It's like saison dupont with a touch more hops and much more concise overall. It just feels "delicate" and it takes the palette "places."

T: I just think that commercial wheat/hefe's are useful for refreshment, but you could drink a dozen and not feel like you had a beer... a good farmhouse hits the refreshment factor but also leaves the palette satiated. I know the masses wouldn't "get" this beer, but someday....

M: Enough alcohol to make me know I have something in my hand. Perfect for the style.

O: 100% worth tracking down if your in MA. I wish I had bought more, they were not expensive either.

05-28-2013 02:32:12 | More by Prince_Casual
GarthDanielson

4.21/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a bomber into a shaker pint, the beer is a bright, slightly hazed, heavily carbonated, golden-maize coloring with a tall, frothy, white, clingy head. Aromas of lemon peel, clove, and pepper on a biscuit backbone with some fruity highlights. Well balanced aromas. Flavors are roasty and spicy on the forward tongue, with a tart citrus backbone. All-spice, nutmeg, and grains of paradise, with tart lemon and grapefruit notes all blending together very well. Roasty overlays, with a tangy mouthfeel. The body is light, and remains crisp with the flavor profiles and the carbonation. Smooth, slightly filmy finish, with spicy lingerings. Very soild brew, and a great representation of the style.

05-19-2013 01:42:27 | More by GarthDanielson
Beerswag

4.18/5  rDev +3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

Bomber pour
Appearance is ever-slightest hazy yellowish-straw colored, mild pure-white head nice fluffy lacing on the glass. Smell is banana and dried apricots, a little floral hop essence and perfumey. Tastes banana and heavy floral notes, spice level is well balanced with the hops and malt..clean and refreshing bubblegum flavor here, and a slightly crisp citrusy bitey finish, body is light. Overall a very well balanced American Saison, with a good display of yeast and hops.. Should be paired with delicate flavors such as uni, fresh oysters, seafood, scallops.

04-30-2013 15:55:40 | More by Beerswag
bluejacket74

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

22 ounce bottle, bottled March 2012. Served in a Unibroue tulip, the beer pours a cloudy gold color with an inch white head that stayed around for a while. There's also a good amount of lacing. The aroma is nice, the brew smells like cloves, yeast, oranges, and an overall earthy/spicy aroma that I can't really identify. It tastes like citrus/citrus peel, herbs/flowers, grainy/wheat malt, cloves, bubblegum and peppery spice. Mouthfeel/body is light/medium, it's a bit slick and easy to drink with a good amount of carbonation. I liked this brew, I'd certainly buy it again in the future. $7.49 a bottle.

04-20-2013 23:03:04 | More by bluejacket74
clayrock81

Poured a cloudy yellow/pale gold hue with great two-finger head that left lace patches. My first reaction to the smell is very fruity, as I pick up both orange/banana like citric notes as well as some pears or apples and something tropical. Also yeast, some sweetness (candi sugar or derived from fruits?) and touches of clove in the nose as well. Light-bodied and smooth, easy to drink and slightly creamy/filling, there is a balance and crispness thanks to the hops. As tasty as refreshing to drink, I pick up good amounts of fruit flavors ranging from citric to touches of plush tropical and there is a sweetness but also dryness to the beer, although I really can't say sour or funk. Just take my word that is a well-balanced beer with plenty of fruit flavors and dry/sweetness from malts and hops (and fruits?) so it's not overpowering or overpuckering one way or the other. My notes are scattered on this beer but I know I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone.

04-07-2013 14:53:38 | More by clayrock81
kevanb

3.5/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

650ml bottle poured into a Pretty Things Wine Glass.

It pours a nice, soft, golden-honey color, hazy complexion that looks fairly lifeless, a thin white head appears briefly before receding into the beer leaving no film or lacing behind. The aroma is lightly funk, amply floral with some nice citrus hop character and a good amount of pale grain and some cracked pepper that lingers behind with faint alcohol. The beer is intensely bitter on the tongue, lots of citrus hops and earthy, grassy dandelion and weed character. The funk and yeasty flavors are very mild and really only intensify the dirty nature of this beer. Lots of peppercorn is present throughout the session and the beer finishes with a lot of bitter, skunky pale grain. The body is a bit thin and lifeless, just enough prickly carbonation to keep this beer afloat and it finishes with a very dry, bitter kick.

Verdict: This beer is essentially the antithesis of what I like in a Saison/Farmhouse Ale; earthy, bitter, hop forward and lacking any sort of funk or yeast profile and the dry bitter finish really spoils it for me. I'm left wishing this beer was livelier, creamier with more vibrancy, hard to call this an enjoyable beer.

03-19-2013 01:59:03 | More by kevanb
brureview

4.45/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured straight down the center of a tulip glass as directed: a beautiful light golden color with
a 4+ finger head.

The head resolved itself as stated on the bottle.

Light lemon-clove aroma.

Carbonation- moderate.

The taste was a strong clove, peppery, with a bitterness which enhanced the overall finish.

I drank this during dinner and the lemon taste mellows paired with homemade vegetable soup and chicken.

Overall- a wonderful Saison. I served it on the warmer side- about 53F.

03-14-2013 23:33:13 | More by brureview
Runrunreindeer

4.26/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pale and slightly cloudy with a thin head, it looks nice but nothing remarkable. But the aroma is is fruity - maybe more like a rind than the fruit itself - and earthy with complex hops. The taste follows the same - beautifully balanced with acid, hops, must, fruit and tiny wonderful carbonation. Find it. Buy it. Be happy.

02-25-2013 00:36:34 | More by Runrunreindeer
MRsojourner

3.75/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

have had this beer numerous times before but never written down my thoughts on it.
Bottled Sept 2011
The aroma is light but still has hints of bread and medicinal properties.
the color is wonderfully golden and very clear with a thin head that does not stick around for very long leaving a light film around the edges.
This saison is very drinkable and balanced. it doesn't stray towards the yeast that much but you know its there performing its role and the hops play very well giving a bitter fruit rind flavor that doesn't linger. while it finishes dry it beckons for another sip.
Great label art accompanying a very good beer

02-09-2013 15:44:45 | More by MRsojourner
hopoilcrazy

Tennessee

4.15/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Bomber bought on an awesome trip to Bowling Green, KY at Wino's Depot

A - This is a beautiful beer, period. Rich hazy golden wheat color flows out with a three finger head that sticks around for a couple of minutes and falls into a thin ring that leaves little lacing.

S - Belgian yeast dominates big time. It's hard to divine other aromas. Maybe: baking bread, bergamot/seville orange, cedar

T - Great citrus notes break through the spot-on yeast component. I expected the malt to be stronger, but it is overshadowed by the yeast and citric hopiness. Although well balanced as it is, I wish that the malt was more present. The hops cling to the palate more than a Belgian style IPA usually does creating a long pleasing finish.

M - Very light on the tongue and palate, it is very drinkable compared to some Belgian IPAs, I guess this is the Saison coming out in the beer.

O - I've had some other Pretty Things beers and this one is the best so far. I love the experimental nature of the brew; it combines styles that I am into in a very accomplished fashion. Must Drink More.

01-29-2013 07:32:14 | More by hopoilcrazy
barczar

3.9/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bottled March 2012.

Per recommendation, rolled bottle on its side before pouring. Slightly aggressive pour yields a lightly hazy golden yellow with a frothy inch and a half white head that dissipates slowly, leaving thick, holy lacing.

Belgian yeast, tart green apple, lime, pineapple, and a slightly funky hay and barnyard character form the aroma. Earthy notes and orange peel add complexity. Pear and a a hint of diacetyl surface late.

Flavor is dominated by earthiness mid palate. Finish is decidedly dry and bitter. Underpinnings of banana, pineapple, and lime provide depth in subsequent sips. Wet hay, pepper, and musty tones emerge.

Body is moderate, with nearly spritzy carbonation and slight alcohol warmth.

Fairly complex example of the style. Good yeast character. Finish is a little dry and hot for my palate.

01-22-2013 22:12:10 | More by barczar
bobhits

2.83/5  rDev -30.3%

Orange yellow color, a bit of haze but not what one expects from a belgian style beer focused on the yeast. A nice head formed but a minute later there's no lacing or head remaining. Held to the light the color goes nearly completely yellow with just enough density that I can't see through it. Again lighter in color than expected.

Not much going on here. A bit of spice and a slight sweet/fruit flavor from the yeast.

Pretty things claims there's no spice or sugar added. It isn't a sweet beer so no surprise there. The beer however has a nice spicy finish from the yeast and I have to give them credit for using 4 yeasts to creating this much complex flavor. Dry flavored beer with a bit of fruity hops and spices from yeast. I sadly can't really pull out any unique flavors, sure pears and herbs.

This is a surprisingly light bodied beer. The lower abv and no added sugar leaves a nice dry finish, but despite all this the beer's finish is long and lingering. Drinks like a high abv beer but still the dry body seems to work well for me.

I like the use of a blend of yeasts. I like that this isn't sweet. I like how there's a spice flavor without the use of spice. All that said this isn't just not my idea of a beer, but it frankly isn't all that good. I like the idea, but the end result is an interesting but not enjoyable beer. I think people who like this style of beer well be rather happy with it, but if this isn't a style you really seek out this is an easy beer to pass on.

01-12-2013 11:09:22 | More by bobhits
Pinknuggets

4.38/5  rDev +7.9%

Bomber to Rock Art pint glass

A: golden honey yellow but pretty opaque without being cloudy with a white

S: there is definitely that farmhouse smell to it the hops are stinky smells like a saison should

T: the taste follows the nose with that farmhouse taste spot on with the proper flavors the only way to make this better would be to put it on oak.

M:smooth oily and extremely drinkable spot on for a saison

O: wow so I was really impressed heard good things so being from mass I have pretty lights a try and damn this is one of the best saisons I've ever had. Worth a try if you can get your hands on it for sure

01-06-2013 17:00:35 | More by Pinknuggets
SHODriver

4.33/5  rDev +6.7%

A: poured into a duvel tulip to a cloudy golden yellow with a small white head that doesn't have a lot of retention
S: smells of fresh cut hay, spicy yeast, a bit of citrus, and some base malt aroma
T: some yeasty spice is up front with some of that hay and grassyness, slightly citrusy with just a hint of sweetness. swallow brings more spice from the yeast, and a bit of grassyness
M: lighter side of medium on the body with adequate carb that's a touch under prickly. slightly drying finish
O: Very impressive beer. Pretty Things is one of my favorites from the East Coast that flies under the radar. I was able to snag the bomber for 2.99 which is a steal.

12-18-2012 05:02:51 | More by SHODriver
Jimmys

4.05/5  rDev -0.2%

bomber into Hardywood Park tulip. bottled in: August 2012.

A: blond body. pretty clear. head is bright white and pretty bubbly. retention is good. some clumps of lacing left behind.

S: eggy. yeasty sulfurs. floral. clementines.

T: tropical. some orange peel notes as well. bitterness is back there, but just enough. stronger at first than begins to diminish. finish is biscuity. reminds me of lemon cookies. not as dry as i would have expected.

M: mouth is rich with carbonation. medium body.

D: pretty solid saison, i do wish it was a touch dryer than it is, but that is my only serious complaint. otherwise quite enjoyable.

12-12-2012 03:25:10 | More by Jimmys
zeledonia

4.1/5  rDev +1%

I've been wanting to try this one for some time. Thanks to ant880 for the extra! Bottled November 2011. Tasted 9 November 2012, reviewed from notes.

Pours a hazy golden autumn wheat yellow. One finger of white head, okay retention, some lacing. Nice color.

Smells fruity and funky, heavy on the yeast. Has a really nice floral overtone that floats over it all. Delightful. Of what I consider the three main saison elements (funk, floral, and spice), this is full floral and half funk. Nice.

Taste isn't bad, but it's kinda meh. Full and rich, floral again, kinda like drinking flowers. Moderate bitterness in the second half, a touch of spice.

Feel is expansive, like it's ballooning up inside my mouth. Medium-bodied, moderate carbonation. The really notable thing is how it just floats up into the rest of my mouth. Flavor lasts and lasts.

Quite a nice saison. The smell is the definite highlight, and the mouthfeel is really interesting. Surprisingly floral, with more nectar and petal flavor than I think I've ever encountered in a beer before (Upright Flora Rustica is the one that comes closest). Interesting.

11-18-2012 20:30:51 | More by zeledonia
PeterIngemi

4.1/5  rDev +1%

Poured from a 22oz bottle from August 2012, split the bottle poured into a duvel glass

A: pour a nice hazy golden, very golden in fact, maybe a slight touch of orange, ingot a finger of white head after a regular pour, dissapates nicley, not much lacing.

S: nice citrusy aroma, some herbal/grassy qualities, and a touch of slightly soapy Belgian yeast aroma, does not smell like a yeast spice bomb, which keeps me from liking a lot of beers of this style. Smells tasty. As the brew warms I begin to get a white wine vinous quality on the nose,

T: much like the aroma, nice citrusy notes with a touch of grassy/straw, along with a nicely balanced use of yeast. I also get an almost white wine like taste in here as well. the thing that caught me off gaurd here was the nice slightly bitter hoppy finish, which I feel round this out beautifully, this makes me want to try a fresher bottle, although there is absolutely nothing wrong with the tasty bottle I'm drinking now.

M: higher crisp tounge stinging carbonation, which keeps the brew lovely and accent the finish.... The finish is nice and dry with a touch of lingering bitterness... Normally I would not like this level of carbonation, but it is spot on here. Light and drinkable.

O: this is a really good beer, very well balanced, nice complexity, I really enjoyed the use of the hops here. Suprised it took me so long before i reviewed this one .

11-14-2012 00:45:44 | More by PeterIngemi
StaveHooks

Oklahoma

4.48/5  rDev +10.3%

Bottled March 2012
Served in a Duvel tulip.

A - Pour a hazy golden color with bright white moundy head that forms a thick collar and a thin cap of micro bubbles.

S - Spicy wheat and pilsner malts, wildflower honey, dusty hay, dry and yeasty, old wood, some basement funk, floral. Funk really comes out as it warms. Lots going on here.

T - Starts sweeter than expected with juicy pear and apple fruit, dried hay, grassy and earthy bitterness comes in with a touch of basement wood. Peppery yeast, honey, and lavender are another layer and come out more as it warms. Bright citrus and notes of old bubblegum really comes out on the finish.

M - Soft and smooth body with ample carbonation. Light to medium weight. Dry finish.

Very complex beer that melds together perfectly. Lots of mellow components that when combined create a layered and complex drink that's very tasty. Worth seeking out.

10-13-2012 18:39:35 | More by StaveHooks
TheMultiYeast

4.54/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

A beautiful Saison. Hazy yellow with two fingers of rich foamy white head.

Aroma is very floral with banana, pear, and apple fruit notes. Yeast aromas are nearly phenolic with notes of fresh moist forage.

Flavor begins with a pungent floral character then welcomes banana/soft pear fruitiness. A big twang of Belgian yeast comes through with estery bitterness and some tart dryness.

Fantastic body on this Saison. Soft but highly carbonated and exquisitely dry from champagne yeast.

Just a gorgeous beer from Pretty Things. I pick this up at every opportunity.

10-04-2012 21:13:18 | More by TheMultiYeast