Bluff Point Brown - Keuka Brewing Company

good

Keuka Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

American Brown Ale |  5.80% ABV

(Beer added by: John on 03-30-2009)
Reviews by Wortman1998:
3.25/5  rDev -10%

I went to the brewery by chance while wine tasting in the area. Now, I like a good wine, but beer; I just had to stop.

So we tasted 5 of the 6 beers they make, as the White Cap Wazz-berry was sold out. All had a good smooth feel and taste. No bitter overtones or water taste. Good medium bodied beers.

We enjoyed the Briglin Road Red and the Bluff Point Brown the best. Both were good and we decided on the Brown for a growler.

We took it back to home base (our camper) and proceeded to test it thoroughly. I found the drinkability very good and the flavor got better as you drank it.

I would recommend buying a growler of this and it even suited my wife's palate which is more in tune with Coors Light.

I would rate it as a good, slightly above average beer. Worth a taste and definitely a stop by the brewery as the area is very scenic.

3.15/5  rDev -12.7%

A 650 mL bomber from the brewery.

A: The brown ale is a dark chocolate/caramel color, generally opaque (only light shines through the base of the glass. A band of off-white head, about 1/2 a finger, has left a thick ring of lace around the mouth of the glass.

S: The nose has caramel and biscuits, some darker chocolate and a subtle citrus hoppiness. A more pronounced metallic aroma, unwelcome as compared to the one in Briglin.

T: Malts first, the caramel and sweet chocolate. They have the metalic flavors the presented in the nose. Citrus, not in-your-face bitter, is present, a balancing act late in each sip. Caramel also comes through nicely later in each sip, adding balance. The last half of each sip makes up for the lackluster start.

M: Not so hot initially but things improve. This wasn't my favorite at the taproom and it isn't my favorite bottle either. It'll do in a pinch.

3.5/5  rDev -3%

3.25/5  rDev -10%

2.5/5  rDev -30.7%

3.5/5  rDev -3%

3.9/5  rDev +8%

A-Pours a hazy dark brown with a thin tan head and no lacing.

S-Sweet malt and roasted malt.

T-Moderate caramel sweetness with a moderate coffee roastiness, some dark chocolate and a solid hop bite in the finish. Nice.

M-Medium bodied with good carbonation.

D-Very tasty. Not my favorite style but this is a good rendition of it.

HV