Ichor - Sly Fox Brewing Company

Sly Fox Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Quadrupel (Quad) |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: NeroFiddled on 02-18-2003

This Abbey-style Quadruple brewed with German Pils and Roast malts and dark candi sugar, hopped with German Tradition hops. Luscious and seductive, Ichor is brewed for both the body and the soul. This beer will improve with careful aging but is ready to drink now.
firstprev | next → last
4.6/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

I reviewed a bottle of this earlier and was quite disappointed, but after enjoying a hand-pulled pint of this at Zeno's in State College, PA, I'm thinking I got a mishandled bottle. This beer has all the characteristics I listed before for the nose, but appearance, taste, mouthfeel and just the overall drinking experience were far superior to my last encounter. I love the rich complexity. The high alcohol is well hidden by its fruity and malty sweetness, and as big as this beer is it is surprisingly easy-drinking. If I hadn't known better I'd have had a couple of these and not been able to drive home safely. A wonderful beer and I really enjoyed.

4.6/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Appearance: Dark red , almost brown. nice thick head, off white.

Smell: Brown sugar, raisin,

Taste: carmelized burnt sugar. has that belgian yeast taste.

Mouthfeel: not overly carbonated. I like this one.

Drinkability: The 10% alcohol is not present. I drank this one after a hard days work and it hit me hard. I could drink these until I hit the floor!

4.7/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Another fine example of beery goodness from chefmonty.

Poured into a St. Feuillien goblet. Big rich tannish head that dissipates fairly quickly to leave a thin wisp on the surface of a deep mahogany brew.

Aromas of dark candied fruit. A little musty, and sweet malt towards the back.

First sip is decadent. Dark fruits, hints of a fine sauterne. Alcohol makes its presence known after the beer warms a bit.

Mouthfeel is full, and luscious.

Highly and dangerously drinkable. Very nice beer.

4.8/5  rDev +23.1%

Brian's quad. Awesome. Deep, dark, malty, carmel, every big beer lovers dream. The head holds on, the mouthfeel exceptional and the complexity and balance are truly remakrable. This stuff is not for light hearted the ABV is well over 10. As it warms the characteristics become more refined and this is a truly remarkable and memorable brew.

firstprev | next → last