Farm Girl Saison - Lift Bridge Brewery

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: mothman on 12-13-2008

Ratings: 331 | Reviews: 105
4.1/5  rDev +13.6%

When I tried this I hadn't had anything form Lift Bridge, which is from my old stomping grounds in Stillwater, Minnesota. I went to high school there, and frequent the downtown area's in the summer (Lumberjack Days) as well as the occasional winter walk past the antique shops.

Enough about Stillwater, onto the beer! Headed over to Stub and Herb to give it a try.

I was excited to try this, I had heard good things about the brewery and specifically this beer. Nice straw golden color with a nice white head that leaves decent lacing.

Smells of spices and citrus as well as bready malts as well as a touch of hops. Tastes much like it smells, but more subtle. There is a sweetness that I wasn't expecting (from the aroma) as well as floral hops and plenty of malts. Thin on the mouthfeel. Easy drinking.

I will have to try this again on a hot summer day, but hey, I'll take this on any given cold Minnesotan-winter day.

4.1/5  rDev +13.6%

20 oz pour at Moto-i sake brewpub in Minneapolis.

Medium golden brew with a substantial 1 inch white fluffy head that retains well.

Fresh lemony aroms with distinct saison spiciness. The flavor is fresh and thankfully quite dry, witha moderately hoppy bitter finish.

Very refreshing, drinkable and sessionable, more interesting than your typical ale, well made.

3.4/5  rDev -5.8%

On tap at the Blue Door Pub. If you haven't been there for a local beer & a Blucy yet, get your arse down there. Good place!

Hadn't had anything from Lift Bridge, so I opted for the Saison over my old friend Furious.

The Farm Girl didn't make much of an impression, maybe because I dated a few in the past. Yellow, with a hint of spices, a sweet kiss, & just a hinted backdraft of funk in the distance.

Easy-drinking, a good beer for the summer out on the patio. If nothing else, it convinced me that Lift Bridge can make beer, so I'll be on the lookout for other offerings that might make me even happier.

Nice straw yellow pour with a decent white head that sticks pretty well.
Aroma is a nice lemon, and bready malts, with a nice touch of hops and belgian spices.
Taste is malty, with a touch of breads. A nice little touch of belgian candy sweetness and spices which is a little more subtle and I like that. Nice floral spicy hops in the background help balance this one out.
Mouthfeel is thinner, as a Saison should be for a nice slightly dry summer beer. Easy drinking beer, and easy to enjoy.

3.97/5  rDev +10%

EDIT: I am re-reviewing this beer, because I feel that my first review lacked quality.

Poured into Ommegang chalice.

Pours 1 finger of white head. Head fades down quick leaving some splattered lace. Color is a clear golden straw yellow.

Aroma: Spices, lemon zest, yeast, cloves, bananas. It reminds me a little of a hefe with some extra spices and a Belgium yeast.

Taste: Big spice flavor. Lemons, cloves, grass, yeast, and a little fruit flavor. Pretty decent.

Mouthfeel: Crisp and refreshing. Fairly light bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. Ends with a slight dry aftertaste, somewhat clean.

Overall, this is a very drinkable saison, as most of them are. Nice flavors and a good representation of the style. This one is worth a try.

Farm Girl Saison from Lift Bridge Brewery