Great Crescent Brown Ale - Great Crescent Brewery

Great Crescent Brewery visit their website
Indiana, United States

English Brown Ale |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: bluejacket74 on 05-19-2012

Great Crescent Brown Ale was crafted to fall between our Mild Ale and Porter in respect to flavor and bitterness. This beer stands on a base of genuine British brown, crystal and chocolate malts with bittering provided by 17%aa Summit Hops. The maltiness and bitteness blend together perfectly and the blend of U.K Fuggles and Goldings for flavor come through in the finish.
3.97/5  rDev n/a

16 ounce can. Served in a nonic pint glass, the beer pours dark brown with an inch and a half tan head that stays around a while. There's also a decent amount of lacing. Aroma is sweet and malty, the brew smells like chocolate, nuts, cola and roasted malt. It tastes like roasted malt, nuts, dark bread, bittersweet chocolate and some light bittering hops. Mouthfeel/body is medium, it's a bit creamy and coating, and it's also easy enough to drink. I think this brew is more of a brown ale/porter hybrid, to me it seems to have a little more body than most other brown ales I've had before. I think this is also the best Great Crescent brew I've had, it's a good beer. Bought this as a single at Party Town for $2.75 a can. I'd buy this again in the future, I liked it. (770 characters)

Great Crescent Brown Ale from Great Crescent Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.