1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Mad Beach Wheat - Aviator Brewing Company

Mad Beach Wheat
No picture uploaded.

Aviator Brewing Company visit their website
North Carolina, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  ABV ?

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: tdm168 on 08-29-2011)
View: Beers (31) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 20 | Reviews: 4 | Show All Ratings:
GarthDanielson

3.19/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Poured on-tap at the Tap House and served in a shaker pint, the beer is a crystal clear, gold coloring with a tall, light, frothy white head. Nose of butter and toffee, with a subtle toasted grain backbone. Flavors of buttered bread and toasted grains, with an overall rich and sweet character. Smooth, thick bodied for the style. Sweet and rich aftertaste, with a slick, smooth finish. Missed the boat on the style here.

10-28-2013 03:40:46 | More by GarthDanielson
hobartlg

3.94/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 4

I drank this at a halfway decent Tex-Mex restaurant at Cameron Village in Raleigh.

First impression: I immediately regretted ordering it. The first sip was like no other beer I've had before. Sour, but not necessarily bad tasting, just a bad first impression because this beer is so unique.
About halfway through my meal (I was eating a somewhat spicy Chimichanga) the taste became amazing. It's an acquired taste that can be appreciated halfway through a pint glass.

There was a lacing on the glass from top to bottom when I was finished. Like no other wheat beer I've had. Would recommend, would order again. Don't let the unique smell and taste scare you off!

06-06-2013 03:01:16 | More by hobartlg
ghunterck

4.15/5  rDev +23.5%

i like this beer because it reminds me of the pilsner i grew up on. I sometimes like the lighter beers and this one was a nice one. It has a taste of orange in it. The bartender told me that they use some oranges in the beer when they brew it! Can you imagine that! Beer has come along way i guess.

I grew up in a part of florida that does not have many microbrews and it is great that so many new breweries are starting.

i liked this beer. It was smooth, and had a nice finish to it.

10-20-2011 02:06:19 | More by ghunterck
tdm168

3.1/5  rDev -7.7%

On tap at Leesville Tap Room.

Arrived a pale gold with no head. Smell is faint yeast and wheat notes. Taste is odd; creamy sourness from the yeast and very light wheat flavor. Very mild hops are noticeable in the finish. Mouthfeel is crisp and light.

Something wasn't right about this beer. The sour, creamy taste was disconcerting. I'd say it was infected, but it's a flavor I noticed when I had their Steamhead also. I've also noticed a similar foul taste in some Triangle beers. This one definitely isn't for me.

08-29-2011 00:17:44 | More by tdm168