Lindemans Apple - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  3.50% ABV

Beer added by: CualityC on 05-13-2006

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 691 | Reviews: 319

4.94/5  rDev +35%

The beer poured a cloudy gold with an off white head. The aroma was green apple. The taste was really more of green apple cider or cocktail than even gueze, but it was wonderful stuff. The feel was wonderfully dry and crisp allowing you to really see the beer underneath this one. I like fruit lambic's, but this is the first pomme I've had and I found it to be delightful. Now this is heavily influenced by my love of green apples, but I have definately added a favorite I will be searching out and purchasing this beer. If it was up to me I'd have it for breakfast every day it was just a wonderful beverage.

4.92/5  rDev +34.4%

Pours a dark amber/blonde color with minimal head. Strong hints of apple in the nose with some sourness detected as well. Taste is tart and similar to apple cider. There's some sourness at the back of the throat but it's more like a mild pucker. It's damn irrestible and very easy to drink. You might not notice that it's a lambic at first. Excellent all-around.

4.82/5  rDev +31.7%

Lindemans Pomme pours a slight hazy golden from a very dark green 12 oz glass bottle with a pry off cap covering a well placed cork stoper.

Classic head of white fine bubbled foam forms and then laces the sides of an "authentic brewery glass"

Nose is of Granny Smith apple pie, not slight, but intense, and in no way cloying.

Palate is of Granny Smith apple pie, with the bight of carbonation.

Incredibly delicious and would complement any apple pie as a desert treat.

4.78/5  rDev +30.6%

Last night at the Long Island Beer festival I was hit in the mouth with something awesome, and I'm not talking about one of the 8,000 too many fat dudes with hair gel walking around. If there were a best in show award it would surely belong to Lindemans Pomme Lambic. Pomme Lambic pours out from its bottle like my Platonic ideal of Apple Cider, resting in my small plastic cup with little to no head, but a menacing apple-juice colored body. I asked the man serving me this exceptional delight what the ABV was and he responded "8%". Knowing this I smelled the lambic, expecting harsh alcohol fumes, but only receiving apple. First sip, sweet Jesus, I left my frail mortal coil down somewhere in Long Island and ascended into beer heaven, where I'm never drunk and always buzzed, and water fountains dispense Guinness. I am not a lambic conneisseur, and so it is difficult for me to describe this in terms of other lambics. What I can say is that it has a sharp apple-y and refreshing edge, with a super smooth and full body. The slick liquid coated my tongue, and as for aftertaste... there was none to speak of, just apples. Overall, imagine every crappy "malt alcohol beverage" you've ever had, take that, pretend it tasted delicious, and combine it with your favorite hard cider. If you find this lambic on sale, buy it, cherish it, never leave, marry it and don't cheat on it, you won't regret it.

4.72/5  rDev +29%

Very good lacing.. Strong sweet apple smell, emanated around the table to the delight of the other guests (Ma,Heather,Alan) ...
Golden haze in colour

...A fine brew indeed...

...SweeT, TangY, RefreshinG, WonderfuL ...
had at BJ's, damn that waitress was cute!"

4.67/5  rDev +27.6%

I had always been a fan of Lindemans and I saw a two pack that came with a glass so I had to get it.

A: Perfectly clear light amber color: like a high quality apple juice. Bubble danced up the flute style glass with a light golden head.

S: Smelled like tastey apples. No offputting undertones whatsoever.

T: Amazing job of keeping the apple flavor while mixing it with subtle other fruity flavors.

M: Super smooth and drinkable. Perfect amount of carbonation.

Overall this beer far exceeded my expectations. I had had many cider style beers and wines before but this one did a great job of actually keeping the apple flavor and really bringing it to the front. As far as the apple flavor category goes this went above and beyond other offerings. It put the framboise to shame.

4.57/5  rDev +24.9%

Pours a straw-golden color with just a touch of haze to it. Nice sticky one-finger head.

Smell is exactly like a green apple jolly rancher or any other type of green apple candy. There's a nice natural green apple aroma but also a touch of that artificial candy sweetness. Taste starts with sweet apple, then fades to sour granny smith, then completely dries up with a bit of a puckering finish.

Mouthfeel is light and fizzy. The sweetness hinders the drinkability somewhat, but I could still drink this for a while.

4.5/5  rDev +23%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Lindemans Apple from Brouwerij Lindemans