Lindemans Apple - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  3.50% ABV

Beer added by: CualityC on 05-13-2006

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Apple Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

4.94/5  rDev +35%

The beer poured a cloudy gold with an off white head. The aroma was green apple. The taste was really more of green apple cider or cocktail than even gueze, but it was wonderful stuff. The feel was wonderfully dry and crisp allowing you to really see the beer underneath this one. I like fruit lambic's, but this is the first pomme I've had and I found it to be delightful. Now this is heavily influenced by my love of green apples, but I have definately added a favorite I will be searching out and purchasing this beer. If it was up to me I'd have it for breakfast every day it was just a wonderful beverage.

This is a really debated style of beer, and if you don't like it get over it. I enjoy lambic, and I enjoy Lindemans.
Pours a apple juice colored yellow with a white head and mountains of carbonation, good lacing. Smells of apples and light grain and malt. Tastes of granny smith apples with malt to lessen the sour. Mouthfeel is very nice and drinkability is high.

3.9/5  rDev +6.6%

Not as good as the framboise but that is my personal taste. Appearance was very light with a light head that stayed the entire time. Smell was very upfront almost like apple pucker or a hard cider. Very heavy on the sour apple. It was good but was to sweet and to sour at the same time. Couldn't even think what to pair it with. Good but not good enough. D- was not as good due to the taste and sweetness.

3.58/5  rDev -2.2%

Pours into the flute with a pale, mildly cloudy golden color and a thick white bubbly head.

Aroma is strongly green apple, as should be expected, with a healthy earthy background. The apple scent, however, seems very artificial.

Sour apple with a strong wheaty bite. Very tarty. The flavor seems much more natural than the nose, fortunately.

This thing is tarty enough to be refreshing, but a bit too sweet. Very silky mouthfeel. I'm new to the world of lambics, but this seems to lack substance aside from the apple. Nonetheless, it's worth a try, though next time I'll probably go back to the gueuze or try something new.

4.32/5  rDev +18%

Very crisp, with green apples just bursting in your mouth. Just open the cork and apples fill the room. (I was definately expecting that from a Lindemans). Smells and tastes exactly like green apple Jolly Ranchers.

Similar to Lindemans' other offerings, but this on is much crisper and much more tart than the other fruit beers they offer, which is a plus. Definately coats the teeth with hair from the sugar, which I see as a downer. I enjoy other brands of lambics much more, but I simply can't hate anything about this one.

Very very very very very drinkable. Hopefully we'll see this one around more often.

I believe this is around the same abv as the other Linemans (2.5-3.5%).

This beer is very one-dimentional but it's simple and right-to-the-point. It could be a huge hit for the non-beeries. The sheer simplicity, along with the enjoyability, made it rank high for me. I would much rather have a complex, traditional lambic, but this one still makes for a great drink.

3.8/5  rDev +3.8%

Tried a bottle of this at Gigs in London. Pours a golden yellow/orange colour. This instantly reminded me of a Jolly Rancher with the strong apple flavour and slight sour finish. It would be hard to drink a lot of this, but its crazy how much apple flavour they were able to get into it. Interesting beer.

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

3.71/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.83/5  rDev +4.6%

Large 750 ml bottle split between two glasses

A ~ Pale Green/Yellow. Looks pretty great, I enjoy what Lindemans does to their Lambics.

S ~ White grapes, refined sugar, & granny smith apples. Pleasant.

T ~ Sweet tarts (yes, the candy), Fresh grains, & Apple (skins and fruit) at first...as it warms it progresses into the wonderful wet hay flavor of Lambic, following with Lemonade & Lime Zest.

M ~ This one is tarter than other blended lambics I have had and I enjoy that. Not overbearingly sweet at all.

D ~ Such an enjoyable brew, and I like how it is bottled as well. We got to use our lil' Lindemans tool on it. Also, I did not know that this one was 3.5 ABV. . . Definitely unique.

PROST!

4.47/5  rDev +22.1%

I've had all of the other Lindemans Lambics and have been nothing short of impressed by all of them. This is my first time with the Pomme...let's see if it impresses like the rest of the Lambic line.

A: Poured into a pint glass...light cloudy tannish color with a good amount of carbonation. Very little head that left a very small amount of lacing down the inside of the glass.

S: Smells like a big ripe green delicious apple! I think if I had a big mouth full of green apple Jolly Ranchers, my breath would smell just like this.

T: Apple, Apple Apple! Sweet at first...then moving to a slight tartness, a little bit sour, on the swallow. This is a tangy little number...quite delicious in my opinion.

M: Light mouthfeel, with decent carbonation. Kind of a dry finish to it.

D: The brewers at Lindemans are geniuses when it comes to Lambics! I've not had a Lambic yet that even comes close! I will always be a fan of this brewery! I could drink this stuff all day long!

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%

3.88/5  rDev +6%

This 750 ml; bottle set me back $9.45 at my local North Coast Coop in Eureka, CA. It poured a nice interesting peach color with a large and white foamy head. Lots of lacing made you realize this was not just apple cider. Nose is apple however, and not much else. Very sweet with moderate carbonation and a light mouthfeel. Quite drinkable but way overpriced for what you get.

4.72/5  rDev +29%

Very good lacing.. Strong sweet apple smell, emanated around the table to the delight of the other guests (Ma,Heather,Alan) ...
Golden haze in colour

...A fine brew indeed...

...SweeT, TangY, RefreshinG, WonderfuL ...
had at BJ's, damn that waitress was cute!"

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%