Lindemans Apple - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans AppleLindemans Apple

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  3.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Hammarby on 04-30-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Apple Alström Bros
3.18/5  rDev -12.9%

Appearance: Pours a clear, golden body with a small, frothy white head.

Smell: Sweet-smelling aroma of green apples, baby!

Taste: The taste of artificially-flavored apple candy with an unrelenting sweetness. Juicy, cheek-pulling acidity. Puckering tart finish. Best cider I've had in awhile!

Mouthfeel: Medium-thin body. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: Apple cider plus a cup of sugar. Some would say you have a recipe for disaster, but you really just have a recipe for Lindeman's Pomme.

ChainGangGuy, Apr 08, 2008
3.78/5  rDev +3.6%

We just got this into town, figured I'd give it a shot as Lambics are great Sunday morning beers.

A: Poured a hazy golden color, similar to that of apple cider. A few bubbles here and there and some floaties. This is about as unfiltered as it gets. Tiny white head, quickly reduced to a film. Looks pretty tasty:

S: Smells a lot like sour apple candy, some yeasty smells as well.

T: Definite sour apple taste to go along with the smell, funky lambic sour taste at the end. Very sour, the apple smell overwhelms everything, I was hoping for a little more malt, flavor, and its there, just not very formidable. Some woody tastes as well.

M: Nicely carbonate, pretty smooth with a puckering effect, pretty sour beer. Nice dry finish though.

D: A little dryer than the other Lindeman's lambics. Pretty drinkable though, I'd like to pour back a few of these every Sunday morning. Solid beer, very solid.

pokesbeerdude, Apr 06, 2008
3.65/5  rDev 0%

A- Orange Amber body, cloudy and translucent. Head was white, way too thin and receded quickly, but left traces of sticky lacing.

S- Sour apples, candy, sugar and a tiny bit of hops. Smell is strongly reminiscent of an apple cider.

T- Taste is something of a cross between apple cider and a green apple jolly rancher candy. Sweet malts, hard candy, sugar, and sour apples with a puckering sourness. This is definitely an aquired taste brew.

M- Syrupy, thick and full bodied. It is difficult to ascertain any other texture notes beneath the sugary and sour flavor.

D- As stated above, this is definitley an aquired taste beer, especially for those not accustomed to the lambic style. The sourness is such that I cannot sip this one and keep a straight face, making this a slow sipper by necessity despite the relatively tame ABV.

Lothar666, Mar 10, 2008
3.93/5  rDev +7.7%

Not as good as the framboise but that is my personal taste. Appearance was very light with a light head that stayed the entire time. Smell was very upfront almost like apple pucker or a hard cider. Very heavy on the sour apple. It was good but was to sweet and to sour at the same time. Couldn't even think what to pair it with. Good but not good enough. D- was not as good due to the taste and sweetness.

slvrmon82, Feb 12, 2008
2.95/5  rDev -19.2%

Picked this bottle up in a Lindeman's gift set. I was a little leary to try this one as I had hear it tasted like an apple Jolly Racher. The beer poured a slightly cloudy golden yellow color with a slight off white head. The beer had a candy apple nose and a touch of earthiness to it as well. The was actually like an apple Jolly Rancher, very syrupy tasting that leaves a sugary taste on the tongue that is not overly pleasing. Worth a try but I don't think I would go back.

ggaughan, Jan 30, 2008
3.83/5  rDev +4.9%

No freshness info.

a: Hazy gold, thin white head, little lacing.

s: Green Apple Jolly Ranchers. Sweet apples, slight sourness.

t: Like the smell, sweet granny smith apples, and moderate sourness. Good sweet and sour combo. Slightly dry finish. Average complexity.

m: Medium body, average carbonation.

d: Very sugary, limits drinkability. A decent lambic, nothing extraordinary, I would prefer a little more sourness.
Makes for a pretty good dessert beer.

BradLikesBrew, Jan 28, 2008
1.9/5  rDev -47.9%

Pours a cloudy gold with some white head that leaves a bit of lacing. Nose is, surprise, surprise - apple. To me it already reminds me of an apple Jolly Rancher. I give it a 3 because it reminds me too much of the candy and lacks maturity. Taste is nasty. Tastes like sour apple. Like that candy was melted and morphed into a drink. It gets more tolerable as times goes on, as is typical with Lindemans brew. But really. Eck. You might as well put this in a bottle and let your kid drink it as apple juice, if it weren't for the alcohol in it. No way am I going to be able to finish this bottle...or an inch more of what is in the glass. Horrid. The only thing I can think that would save this is a proper pairing with food.

RblWthACoz, Dec 30, 2007
3.2/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Appearance: Pours a murky apple juice color with a modest head - drops to a ringlet right away but some of the splashes do stick

Smell: Ooh, but that aroma does smell like artificial apple flavoring; really sweet

Taste: Starts out moderately sweet, with some hints of sour and just builds from there; becoming sweeter as time passes

Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate carbonation

Drinkability: Good for a few sips and then just becomes too cloying

brentk56, Dec 25, 2007

This is my third fav from lindemans. almost tastes like a hard apple ale. pours light yellow green. smells like apples that have been like mustified or something. not tart but more smooth and has a bit of a creamy funk to it. Its real good but it has a lot of pearish flavor to it as well. It has a great mouthfeel and is very drinkable. Not quite cider. not quite ale. in reality not quite lambic. this is not sour at all so those of you looking for a traditional lambic stay away. good brew though IMO.

AKBelgianBeast, Dec 21, 2007
3.38/5  rDev -7.4%

Shared a 375ml bottle with friends at the Steelgaarden.

Like the other Lindemans offerings, this one is plenty tasty, but off the charts in terms of its sweet cloying feel. We had a small bottle and I know I couldn't have finished the sucker. The flavor itself was nice, a similar, but more sophisticated flavor than a green apple Jolly Rancher - very candy-like. Not a bad beer and I'd recommend it to anyone that like sour apple.

tempest, Dec 10, 2007
3.8/5  rDev +4.1%

I bought the Sam Adams Winter Sampler and didn't like the Cranberry Lambic. So I did more research on Lambics and decided to try some others, this being my first.

It's kind of an amber color, like apple juice. About a quarter inch of fizzy, light head that quickly dissolved.

The smell wasn't what I expected. In fact, at first I thought I had a bad bottle. Honestly, it smelled bad at first. I thought it was skunked.

When I tasted it, I was surprised. The smell had turned me off, and I was fully expecting to take a sip and dump the bottle, but it tasted very good! It tastes like cider.

Now that I have tasted it, I gave it another whiff. I don't know what I detected before, but it now smells apply and sour, much more pleasant this time around.

I didn't really know what to expect from this Lambic. After my initial smell, I thought I wasn't going to like it. But once I tasted it, I was pleasantly surprised. This isn't something I would drink on a regular basis, but it's something I would buy again. I think this would be great for a party or event where you were trying to bring something fun, light and different.

Definitely worth trying. Can't wait to venture into other Lambics!

Deus1138, Dec 08, 2007
4.93/5  rDev +35.1%

Pours a dark amber/blonde color with minimal head. Strong hints of apple in the nose with some sourness detected as well. Taste is tart and similar to apple cider. There's some sourness at the back of the throat but it's more like a mild pucker. It's damn irrestible and very easy to drink. You might not notice that it's a lambic at first. Excellent all-around.

Brad007, Dec 04, 2007
4.1/5  rDev +12.3%

I had this first at Brewtopia in New York, NY, but I just had another one at Terresa's Next Door in Wayne, Pa.
Appearance: A pale and green cloudy body with tons of carbonation that produced a nice size head no retention and not much lacing. (It was in the "official" Lindemans glass.)
Smell: Very much like candy green apples, think Jolly Ranchers.
Taste: More of the same, but not so much candy but more Granny Smith, real apples. Not overpowering at all, just plain awsome.
Mouthfeel: Rather crisp.
Drinkabilty: Super.
Don't drink and review.

treehugger02010, Nov 11, 2007
3.98/5  rDev +9%

The beer from the 350ml caged and corked bottle pours a hazy deep gold color with a modest creamy white head, that fades away leaving the lace to seal the glass with a fine sheet. Nose has a terrific “Granny Smith Apple” sweet and sour aroma with a wet “gunny sack” musty tone, astringent, but likeable nonetheless. Start continues the sweet and sour astringency with the top light in its feel. Finish has a barbarous acidity, followed by the “green apple” sweet and sourness, face-puckering dryness, but it has everything I look for in a good Lambic.

Gusler, Nov 01, 2007
4.03/5  rDev +10.4%

Apple juice color, with carbonation but no lacing. Looks like carbonated juice. Not appealing in the looks department.

I love the smell of a good lambic though. This one mimics apples perfectly, without a hint of artificiality.

Great taste as well. Appley, like a cider without the cinnamon flavor. It does what it's supposed to do amazingly well. This isn't a "manly" beer, it's a nice beer for the ladies or for a change of pace every now and then.

It goes down very easily, and it's very drinkable, although you will get a little syrupy after a while.

jar2574, Oct 23, 2007
3.85/5  rDev +5.5%

This beer was poured at 48º from a 750ml capped and corked (not in the off tasting sense of wine) bottle. It was poured into a 22 ounce Bordeaux wine glass with a resulting white foamy head and a bunch of bubbles hurriedly rising to the top. The true wheat and apple qualities were verified with the cloudiness and apple cider or dull weak tea appearance.

The apples were very evident during the pour and more so when sniffing from the brim. This reminded me of an apple drink be it cider or juice. It was very appealing.

The taste was clean, smooth and refreshing with Granny Smith running around all over the place. At first there was a hint of sour and then it softened with time. The taste stayed a while but did not overstay its welcome.

This was kind of a moderate feel in the mouth as it was not a heavy contemplating beer or a light not much there effort. There were however some light and refreshing tendencies.

This was my first attempt at this style as far as evaluating. Previous fruit flavored beers have left a mark on me as too sweet or tart and I am pleasantly surprised with this offering. I will have to keep Lambics in mind for the future. I would also recommend serving this warmer than the 38º to 41º referenced on the label unless you are drinking in the heat of the summer.

SMark, Oct 18, 2007
4.2/5  rDev +15.1%

This pours from capped and corked 12oz bottle a cloudy orange yellow with a small head of foam that soon shrinks to a few islands in the middle and it has some lacing

The smell is delightfully nice of green apple.

The taste tastes of fresh green apples with a slight sweetness and some wheat and yeasty flavour as well. It has a medium body and light carbonation and tastes ever so good. I love green apples. ;^) Man, that fruity flavour lingers on in the aftertaste and I can't help taking another sip or 2 to satisfy my taste buds. Good Fruit beer!

Bitterbill, Oct 07, 2007
3.75/5  rDev +2.7%

A friend raved about one of these lambics, so I picked up the Pomme to give her a shot.

A- Pours a bright, cloudy gold color with only a bit of head that recedes as a ring on the glass and a couple of floating spots.

S- Heavy apple cider scent. Brings me back to toasts as a child with soft apple cider while parents used wine or champaign.

T- Sweet Apple cider dominated with a bit of a malty caramel... A bit more complex than your average cider, but certainly more cider than anything else.

M- Middle to heavy body, only lightly carbonated.

D- This is a nice flavor, but not very beery. I'm a little disapointed, but it's quite drinkable.

AlephNull, Sep 16, 2007
3.85/5  rDev +5.5%

Bone white ring with a murky yellow (apple juice) looking body.little spots of lacing on my glass.

Sour apple

Sour apple taste with some sweetness.

Really nice and refreshing with a creamy head that stays patchy in my glass.

I like this beer,its my 2nd offering from Lindemans and my favorite so far.I will have this again the future.Good beer.

MmmIPA, Sep 16, 2007
3.78/5  rDev +3.6%

Poured from the capped and corked 12oz bottle into a Lindeman's flute. Body is a rich golden color, topped by a large, sticky, bubbly white head that's going nowhere until it's disturbed. Nice aroma of sweet green apples, almost exactly like an apple Jolly Rancher, accompanied by just a touch of mustiness.
Palate is more sweet green apples, a touch of sweet pale malt, and just a little bit of lambic astringency. A lingering sugary sweetness becomes kind of cloying on the finish, limiting the drinkability. Overall, though, an enjoyable dessert beer.

ElGordo, Sep 13, 2007
4.72/5  rDev +29.3%

Very good lacing.. Strong sweet apple smell, emanated around the table to the delight of the other guests (Ma,Heather,Alan) ...
Golden haze in colour

...A fine brew indeed...

...SweeT, TangY, RefreshinG, WonderfuL ...
had at BJ's, damn that waitress was cute!"

Onslow, Aug 25, 2007
2.73/5  rDev -25.2%

Yellow-gold cloudy concoction with a minor bubbly head and very little lacing. The smell is of sour, crisp apples and some earthy/compost-like stuff. The taste comes off as a fizzy tart apple and yeast blend, like granny apple soda or champagne. Kind of a refreshing experience for a few sips if you think more soda than beer, and it seems drinkable enough, like any soda could be, but it is too sweet for me to want more than a taste of this stuff I think. I recommend you ask for a sample size of this before you commit to a full portion. It was alright for a try though.

Durge, Aug 02, 2007
3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

Bottle courtesy of Bu11zeye: Poured a cloudy beige color lambic with an average bubbly head with good retention. Aroma of semi-sweet apple is dominating with some light tart and oak notes. Taste is also dominated by some apple notes (probably apple concentrate) and some light tart and oak notes. Full body with some average carbonation. I would have like more sourness and oak which would have brought more complexity and would have been a perfect match for the apple.

Phyl21ca, Jul 27, 2007
3.63/5  rDev -0.5%

We bought a half bottle of this to try since my fiance had the amazing idea of toasting with beer rather than champagne at our wedding! Since most of our guests (and my future wife) wouldn't like toasting with a RIS or DIPA, we thought that some selections from Lindeman's would be palatable for everyone.

A - Solid cloudy orange brew with a big three finger head in my champagne flute. Lots of sticky lace coats the glass, and the head settles to a bubbly cap.

S - Fresh green apples with some spices and caramel. Fresh, vibrant, and sweet over the sour base notes.

T - Tart green apple skin and juicy green apple pulp. A hint of caramel sweetness reminds me of a caramel apple. Cider-like, but much more complex and yeasty.

M - Medium to full bodied with some foamy carbonation. It's a little bit gluey feeling to me.

D - This is probably my least favorite offering from Lindeman's, but it ain't bad. It's much more beer like than a cider, and the tart green apple flavors are quite refreshing.

pmcadamis, Jul 16, 2007
4.35/5  rDev +19.2%

Glowing golden, unfiltered apple juice colour. Very opaque and cloudy. Small but dense head. Brown sugar, tart apple and caramel apple scent.

Taste is brown sugar and green apples, with hints of wheat and hop. Very distinct green apple, tart taste...not at all like a cider.

Decent drinking, but can be a bit cloying especially as it warms. Very nice in the summer when chilled.

BDTyre, Jul 12, 2007