Lindemans Apple - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans AppleLindemans Apple

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  3.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Hammarby on 04-30-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Apple Alström Bros
4.15/5  rDev +13.7%

355 ml corked and capped bottle purchased at the Beverage Warehouse in Culver City.

Not that powerful a pop when the cap was pulled. I am rewarded with a hazy apricot colored beer without any real head formation. This does a good imitation of fresh pressed apple juice.

Smell is sweet and sour apples with the fresh and slightly pithy smell of apple skins. Underlying Lambic funk gives up some woody and spicy scents mostly cinnamon. This one has an additional fruit scent of cherry. Little bit of candy mostly cotton candy aroma.

Taste is sweet sour spicy and bitter all at the same time at the start. Lots of apple flavor and a fair amount of Lambic funk to add spice. Lots of apple skin and a fairly strong bitterness level. RedHots cinnamon candy best sums up the spice and sweetness of this beer. Tasty beer, better than most of the other Fruit Lambics Lindemans makes.

Mouthfeel is OK.

Tasty and flavorful Lambic here. Sweet enough that your girlfriend would drink it but with enough subtle flavors to keep a beer geek interested.

4.38/5  rDev +20%

Beautiful glowing orange brown translucent body. Amazing retention and lace. White head with a full range of bubbles.
Tart green apple with an underlying malt base. Cinnamon comes to mind but maybe only through association.
The taste is incredible. Tart apple all over the palate stomping everything else to the ground. Faint hops at the end of the aftertaste puts a nice end to the green apple which would otherwise get too overwhelming.
Good medium body and good drinkability though 1 bottle is enough for some time to come.

-Oelergud

3.58/5  rDev -1.9%

Pours into the flute with a pale, mildly cloudy golden color and a thick white bubbly head.

Aroma is strongly green apple, as should be expected, with a healthy earthy background. The apple scent, however, seems very artificial.

Sour apple with a strong wheaty bite. Very tarty. The flavor seems much more natural than the nose, fortunately.

This thing is tarty enough to be refreshing, but a bit too sweet. Very silky mouthfeel. I'm new to the world of lambics, but this seems to lack substance aside from the apple. Nonetheless, it's worth a try, though next time I'll probably go back to the gueuze or try something new.

Hazy, dull gold with some peachy-white highlights; I like the color quite a bit. Maybe I feared it would pour a fake bright green or something. Bubbly clear/white head, at the apex there was only a half finger of foam. The head faded fairly quickly to a soapy cap. The subsequent lacing was very spotty and didn’t cling very well. Overall, I have to complaints about the appearance.

At first I thought the nose absolutely rocked. It was tart with faint apple notes and some malt/wheat in the background. I was pumped. As the beer warmed up the jolly rancher green apple notes came to life. Interesting, maybe I should say odd. Moderate potency; straightforward… kind of chatty, I don’t mind the nose at all. It doesn’t smell like apple pucker so it is a winner in my book. I think it smells better than Unibroue Éphémère Apple. So take that!

Alright lambic purists, got your stones ready? I like this beer. This is NOT apple pucker or some shitty-ass alcopop drink. I purchased my bottle to share with my sister who does not like beer but loves Lindemans lambics. She disliked this beer because “it didn’t taste enough like apples.” Exactly. IMO, that is what makes this beer drinkable. Tart, green apples upfront followed by a quick burst of wheat/malt which fades to apple sweetness and some faint grainy wheat before yielding to a nice mix of tart and sweet apples, both candy-like and fleshy. There is a tart, mouthwatering aftertaste, which I found refreshing. IMO, this beer blows Unibroue Éphémère Apple out of the water.

Medium/medium-light in body, I think the mouthfeel fits this beer well, low and slightly creamy mouthfeel.

I think this beer would rock with creamy cheeses, like Brie, maybe some bleu cheeses or even some goat cheeses. Stone me. I’m no lambic rookie, I love Drie Fonteinen and Cantillon but I can dig a Lindemans because I know what I am getting. This is not a bad beer. I was expecting something a little different but I didn’t mind it. Hell, I’d drink it again. I purchased my 750ml bottle in Omaha, NE. Try one, you never know…

3.7/5  rDev +1.4%

Dull gold/amber colour, pretty hazy, with a short cap of white foam off the pour. Larger bubbles settled into a ring, while fine bubbles remained on the surface. Some lacing. The green apple aroma is dominant, but there are notes of apple skins, tartness and a peculiar earthy sweetness as well. There's a solid tartness present, but it's overshadowed somewhat by sweetness. Apple flavour is present throughout and the finish is of intense sweet apples. Medium/light body with a bit of stickyness. The carbonation is adequate, but not as lively as I'd hoped. I liked this beer, it's tart and palate cleansing, but it didn't make a huge impression.

3.53/5  rDev -3.3%

Presentation: 33mL bottle, poured into a flute glass

Appearance: Slightly hazy gold, nice head, spritzy carbonation

Aroma: Green Apple Jolly Ranchers, very slight brett funk

Taste and mouthfeel: Once again, very strong flavor of green apple Jolly Ranchers. Very candy like and artificial. It's tart at first and finishes with just a slight touch of brett. Light, and spritzy, making for a crisp mouthfeel.

Notes: I enjoyed this beer, but I didn't care much for the candy flavor. I was hoping more for a cider flavor. It's just too artificial. My least favorite of Lindeman's offerings.

3.53/5  rDev -3.3%

Aroma is huge with tart green apple...very now-n-later apple smelling. Body is a dull gold with a thin white head. Flavor is massive artifical candy green apple. It tastes good to me though and I would definitely have one again. I’m a sucker for candy and this is just a candy beer with a bit of a base maltiness to prevent it from just being syrup.

4.13/5  rDev +13.2%

Light brown – frothy white head – jolly rancher sour apple, caramel, yeast, pepper nose- candy red apples, sour green apples, caramel (caramel covered apples) – medium body – sweet/sour aftertaste Light brown – frothy white head – jolly rancher sour apple, caramel, yeast, pepper nose- candy red apples, sour green apples, caramel (caramel covered apples) – medium body – sweet/sour aftertaste

4.1/5  rDev +12.3%

(Served in a flute)

A- This beer has a murky orangish-brown body like that of fresh pressed cider. There is a thin white bubbly head that turns to a film soon after the pour.

S- The smell of fresh cider with a nice tart green apple note in the finish has a very faint green apple hard candy smell in the background.

T- The taste of fresh green apple cider has a soft sweetness and then a tartness in the finish. There is a light carbonic acid bite in the finish that has hints of green hops that blend with the apple flavor. There is a slight wild earthy tartness in with the apple tartness that adds another layer of depth but it pretty faint.

M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel that has a faint astringent note in the finish with a fizz to lighten the mouthfeel.

D- This is a wonderful green apple cider that was delicious. Not sweet and not overly bity but just a nice crisp drink.

3.28/5  rDev -10.1%

Appearance – This is a very very light orange in color with a smallish head.

Smell – The apple is extremely tart. It’s not like apple juice or apple cider. It’s more like if you take green apple, smash it with a press, then just lick up the juice.

Taste – I thought this was going to be overly sour but it’s not at all. It’s just a good, raw, juicy apple flavor (as opposed to apple juice) with only the meat of the apple. There’s no apple skin flavor at all, just the juice of the flesh.

Mouthfeel – This is light-bodied and extremely tart.

Drinkability – I had no problem drinking this but it’s certainly not a Lambic and completely lacks the requisite malt base.

2.85/5  rDev -21.9%

This was an OK impulse purchase. Seemed thin, a little stringy, if that's the word. Tasted more like a cider than a beer. It did have a nice, fizzy mouthfeel from the carbonation, but, again, the flavor of apples predominated rather than appearing as an additive.

2.28/5  rDev -37.5%

Presentation: 355ml (12 fl.oz.) cobalt green bottle sealed with an embedded cork and Lindemans logo’d crown cap, all covered in a Granny Smith colored metallic green foil. It has a very traditional looking yet generic Lindemans cream colored label. “Pomme Lambic” is the name, yet quirkily it is also referred to as a “Malt beverage with Apple Juice and Natural Flavor added”, which destroys the traditional setting and sits it firmly into the commercial arena. No strength or best before date but a recommended serving temperature of 38-41 Degrees Fahrenheit.

Appearance: Light golden body. Soft white head remains at ½” thick throughout. Gentle lacing with a bold carbonation supported by a resilient pack of streamers throughout, the champagne factor is prevalent in the looks.

Nose: Green apple skins and forthright apple tones. False nose with a pungent sweet apple candy aroma. Simulated sour tinges.

Taste: Sweet apple skins, Granny Smith bites with a high artificial input from synthetic apple juice. Forced and far from real, the reproduction tastes are of adjuncts, imitation juices and E–numbers. Lacks sharpness, which I would expect from a real “lambic”.

Mouthfeel: Champagne Charlie with an apple soda base which helps to promote the fizz to a manageable level.

Drinkability: The sticky sweetness is too much, the fizz belligerent and the overall artificial character is dominating. 355ml is just about the limit.

Overall: Nothing repulsive. Absolutely no beer base, and it definitely is not a lambic, it is….well, erm….nothing more than expensive Apple Juice. A chick beer hands down. Nice enough, but I find it hard to acknowledge that I am even writing a "beer" review for this alcopop. Shockingly predictable, just as I imagined.

4.15/5  rDev +13.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

As if this beer isn't good enough from the bottle. Even smoother, richer, and cleaner from the tap. Very cider-like with apples and berries under a very sugar sweet maltiness and added apples. Very tart and acidic, evident in aroma and flavor. Vigorously carbonated for a playfull effect in the mouth. Astringent feeling, but not overly so. Finishes with a big apple flavor, syrupy sweetness and carbonated dryness and tartness. Sweet almost to the point where it hurts the teeth. Though I love the beer, the sweetness and apples over-take what would be pronounced Belgian Beer flavor.

4.3/5  rDev +17.8%

Very crisp, with green apples just bursting in your mouth. Just open the cork and apples fill the room. (I was definately expecting that from a Lindemans). Smells and tastes exactly like green apple Jolly Ranchers.

Similar to Lindemans' other offerings, but this on is much crisper and much more tart than the other fruit beers they offer, which is a plus. Definately coats the teeth with hair from the sugar, which I see as a downer. I enjoy other brands of lambics much more, but I simply can't hate anything about this one.

Very very very very very drinkable. Hopefully we'll see this one around more often.

I believe this is around the same abv as the other Linemans (2.5-3.5%).

This beer is very one-dimentional but it's simple and right-to-the-point. It could be a huge hit for the non-beeries. The sheer simplicity, along with the enjoyability, made it rank high for me. I would much rather have a complex, traditional lambic, but this one still makes for a great drink.

3.98/5  rDev +9%

A: Served in a champagne flute. Pours a like apple juice with a slight green tint..very cloudy with streams up bubble working from the bottom to the stop. The head is tight and snow white leaving a great rim.

S: Abundantly apple. There is not confusion here. Has a background aroma of construction wood and rose pedals.

T: I try not to use the word lambic when drinking a Lindemans because I end up slamming the beer. I'll refrain from reviewing this as a lambic, instead I'll review it as a "malt beverage with apple juices and natural flavors added".
Before the beer has completely entered the mouth, the apple flavor permeates the tongue and hits in the front center then the tip. Very crisp, refreshing...sweet but not cloying. Definately going after the green apple style opposed to a yellow or red. Little bit of a sulphery perfume aftertaste which glides down the center of the tongue and too the back. Aftertaste is how the mouth tastes after eating an apple candy.

M: Medium body with a decent carbonation.

D: This is pretty much apple jolly rancher juice. You like those candies you'll probably like this stuff. The wife loves this stuff.

4.18/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Lindemans Pomme Lambic
750 ML green bottle
Served in a Duck Walk vineyards champagne flute

Pours a hazy and cloudy mustard yellow. Fluffy head on top that leaves magnificant trail patterns of sticky lace all over the flute glass.

The aroma is so intense with ripe apples coming to the forefront. Reminds me of a the first whiff when you take a bite from a Granny Smith apple.

Super juicy and sweet mouthfeel with a highly carbonated punch. Granny Smith apple tartness. The lambic yeast funk hides underneath the fruity bombs. Apple cider acid blends with enjoyable sour flavors. The flavors are nice, but just a little superficial overall. I'm not sure if this truly a lambic, but it's so good.

This lambic is just way too drinkable. It's incredibly refreshing and crisp.

3.2/5  rDev -12.3%

Poured gingerly it forms a tight and whispy white head that retains and never fades in the slightest bit throughout. Golden in color w/ lots of hyped up carbonation racing to the surface.

Obviously green apple is the core flavor here. Whats nice about this brew is that the tartness is rather balanced out somewhat by the ripe green apple. Those green jolly ranchers come to mind with each drink, tart up front and sweet as it goes on. Refreshing and crisp this is really well put together.

Notes: Certainly not one of my favorite styles as I tend to gravitate towards more traditional lambic styles and other spontaneous fermented products like Guezes, and Biere de Garde but, and a big BUT, this is a well brewed beer and I can appreciate the quality presented here.

4.2/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

ok,i love apple anything, so im gonne like this no matter what. this pours out a nice sunset color. looks welcoming. smells like a big fat green apple. granny smith style. taste? oh man, your either gonna love it or hate it. i love it. its like a liquid green apple jolly rancher. sour and a bit puckering, apple all over. oh my. lively carbonation. its like a candy for the beer drinker. one is easily enough and it takes care of my sweet tooth perfectly. my new favorite offering from lindemans.

4.43/5  rDev +21.4%

This is absolutely wonderful!! This may, in fact, replace the framboise as my favourite offering from lindemans. Poured a cloudy golden orange with a thick soapy foamy head. Tons of carbonation bubbles both streaming upward and clinging to the sides of the glass. I'm typically not a big fan of carbonation of this level in my beer, but for this style, the more the better, I say. The smell is almost candy like. Sweet green apple is about all you're going to get from this one. The taste is quite sweet with tart green apple dominating. Nearly un-noticeable level of malt at the very end. You really have to be searching for it. Mouthfeel is very pleasant with a nice moderate carbonation sting to it. I almost wouldn't even consider this beer; mildly alcoholic apple soda is more like it. Nevertheless, I completely enjoyed it and will certainly buy this one again.

3.85/5  rDev +5.5%

12 oz bottle, 9 oz sample. This brew pours a deep straw color with a web-like foam over top. This one is modestly hazy, with no carbonation apparent. This one reminds me a lot of apple juice in the way it looks. The aroma from this one is definately unmistakable apple. It is somewhere between a nice apple cider and the apple jolly rancher candies; slightly real, but somewhat artifically sweet. At least you can't say it lives up the the promise of apple. The flavor is not as sweet as expected. It is definately focused on the sweetness of the apple, but as I swallow the beer, I get just a hint of funkyness and sour, more than I have in any other Lindeman's product. Aftertaste is slightly wheaty. Mouthfeel is on the light side of moderate, with a very light carbonation just working its way out of sulution as it hits my tongue. I enjoy the light zing of sour and tartness, if from either the apple or the beasties used for fermentation, as it lends distant thoughts of other lambics that I enjoy more. Overall, this one is tasty and very easy to drink. It is over done on the sweetness, but it also has very faint wispers of what it could be, so that makes me happy.

3.6/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this on tap at the Falling Rock. I'm a little prejudiced as I really enjoy apple flavor. My favorite beer to date is the Andechs Apfelweiss, and the New Glarus Apple Ale was also a fave before it was retired.
Comes a pale yellow color. Reminds me of a really carbonated Hefe. While filtered and not cloudy, it has a hazy shade.
Smell is of sour apple. Sour in the vein of a granny smith.
The flavor is all apple. Unlike the other Lindeman items where there's a sour grassy lambic flavor to the beer, the apple taste is a bit too strong. The only thing is, it doesn't smell or taste like real apple. It actually tastes like a jolly rancher style of apple flavoring. It's not bad and it's a nice quencher, but it's not for everyone. I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as I'd have hoped. It's not as sweet and sticky as an alcho-pop, but it needs more "beer" flavor. It does have the lambic tartness and a little spicyness in there, too, but the apple flavor's just a bit too much for it. I like apple flavor so my rating is likely inflated as a result...but as a beer, it's above average, but not as good as it could be.
Mouthfeel's thin and crisp. Goes down easy. Alcohol's not there at all, so it's a nice warm weather beer or after work brew.
Drinkability could be a potential weak point. I like the flavor, but it's too sweet and too pricy to really make a session of it, even if you do like apple flavor.
This isn't a bad brew, but it was a let down for me as the apple flavoring tastes more like candy than a fruit. With that said, there are still so few apple brews that I have to recommend it. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, too!

3.93/5  rDev +7.7%

Pours a hazy apricot body with a small offwhite head. Attractive lacing drapes the goblet in sheets. Aroma is greenapple bubblegum and apple cider. A hint of spices. Mouthfeel is light medium with soft carbonation. Taste is greenapple bubblegum and apple cider. A touch of wild yeast acidity. Slight mustiness, befitting a lambic. A hint of spiciness that seems to be cloves. A decent fruit lambic, but not my favorite even from this brewery.

3.65/5  rDev 0%

On Tap at Maduro.

Appearance: Slightly cloudy pale wheat color with a white head that dissolves to a thin lacing.

Aroma: The apple portion of the tootsie roll brand Caramel Apple Pop.

Taste: Dido.

Mouthfeel: Artificial candy tartness well blended with full fruit candied sweetness. Extremely light bodied.

Drinkability: Surprisingly decent despite the completely artificial aroma, flavor, and MF.

Great for the ladies but not for me. Nearly identical to a Demi Pomme made with Kronenbourg and Sour Apple Syrup.

4.15/5  rDev +13.7%

Pomme. It's a good thing. The best thing about this beer is the aroma. Like the other Lindemans offerings it's like smelling a big bowl of fresh (apples, raspberries, cherries, peaches). The aroma makes my mouth water. I definitely like the green apple characteristics of this beer. The sour flavor matches very nicely with the sourness of the Lambic base. For my money this is the least sugary sweet of the Lindeman's fruit beers. Worth seeking it out.

4.08/5  rDev +11.8%

AKA "Lindemans Apple".

The liquid is cloudy; the colour is beige-yellow (much like unfiltered apple juice). The small head disappears quickly into a thin white ring.

The smell is a blend of fine matured sweet winter apples and the special flavour of lambic; sour, earthy notes of mouldering leaves and vinegar. Very nice.

The taste is as balanced and could be described as the smell: Delicious green apples and a (quite mild) lambic ale. The aftertaste got sweet notes of apple kernels and an earthy sour note. A bit like a good cider, but at the same time not at all like it.

The carbonation is, as it should, very strong with lots and lots of small bubbles.

I really like this one: Extremly refreshing, yet quite complex.

Lindemans Apple from Brouwerij Lindemans