Lindemans Apple - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans AppleLindemans Apple

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  3.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Hammarby on 04-30-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Apple Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 576-600 | 601-625 | 626-650  | next › last »
3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

07/11/06- Purchased at Bevmo in Mountain View, CA.

Presentation- 750ml bottle, caped and corked. No freshness info found. It's a new release though, so I assume it's fairly fresh. Poured into my Lindemans flute.

Appearance- Nucelar glowing golden orange in color. 1/2 inch head with light streaks of lace left behind.

Smell- Smells, like apples....sour now and later apples, sour jolly rancher apples, sour blow pop apples and johnny appleseed. So, I'm assuming there is a bit of sugar in this one.

Taste- Yep, I'm glad I shared this bottle with a friend on my new beer Tuesday. Super sugary and thick apple flavor. Kind of like a cider, but with the candied flavor as well. There is another flavor as well, but I'll be damned if I can think what it was. Apple and more apple here.

Mouthfeel- Still tasting this stuff the next morning. Huge sugary mouth coating with a medium carbonation level.

Drinkability- Because of it's sugar content and extreme sweetness, I found this really hard to finish 12 oz or so. There is no way I would have been able to consume the whole bottle. No very highly drinkable, but could work as an afterdinner drink to share at a party with a dessert or something. About 6oz is enough for me.

GClarkage, Jul 12, 2006
3.48/5  rDev -4.7%

Cloudy pale yellow, very cloudy, with an enormous off white head, frothy as froth can be and leaving thick, fat lacing down the glass. Excellent lace retention.

As should be this one screams sour green apple. Right in your face. Almost smells like a jolly rancher. With some slight wheaty, yeast hints.

Very one dimensional with the thick flavors of sour green apple but you can't expect this to be a big, complex lambic. Very sweet, yet refreshing. The one problem is a lack of carbonation, and a little light on acidity. Those two components really hurt the mouthfeel. The sweetness makes this one difficult to drink many but a good refresher.

mcallister, Jul 02, 2006
4.2/5  rDev +15.1%

The beer pours a cloudy pale gold color with a 1/2" white head that fades to lacing. The aroma is great! I'm a huge green apple fan and this really hits the spot. It's intense and refreshing; very nice. The taste is good. It has a nice green apple flavor that is mildly tart and full of fruit flavor. It goes down like candy and really satisfies. This is one delicious beer. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a medium bodied beer with good carbonation. This is another great offering from this brewery. I'm not a fan of the less fruit, more sour lambics. This one is highly drinkable and very enjoyable.

WesWes, Jun 30, 2006
3.93/5  rDev +7.7%

No best by date. 12 oz. bottle.

Appearance:

Pours a slightly hazy straw color with half an inch of tight white head that is supplied by vigorous carbonation.

Aroma:

Apple jolly rancher essence. Intensely sweet with tart malic acid present.

Taste/Mouthfeel:

Tart ripe granny smith jolly rancher flavor with some syrupy sweet overtones finishing tart/bitter.

A real thirst quencher, reminiscent of a very good hard cider.

cbl2, Jun 25, 2006
3.73/5  rDev +2.2%

355ml bottle

A: Pours a slightly hazy light golden with a one-finger frothy head. Tons of lacing.

S: Aromas of candi sugar and caramel apples

T: Tart and zangy with the flavor of granny smith apples. Any more apple flavor would be too much here.

M: Dry and puckering with a medium-light body. The carbonation is active, but not obnoxious like some Belgians.

D: This obviously isn't an everyday beer or one to drink in large quantities, but I find it to be very enjoyable and definitely one that could be enjoyed by those who are uninitiated to the world of fine beer.

klewis, Jun 24, 2006
3.83/5  rDev +4.9%

This is an 8 oz. serving of Pomme, poured into a nice Lindemans glass at Frisco Grille in Columbia, MD.

Appearance: The ale is a bright golden color. It is crystal clear with no signs of sediment. There is little head.

Smell: Sour Apple Jolly Rancher. Those 4 words do it justice, but you have to admit it is intriguing.

Taste: See above. The sour green apple flavor jumps out at you with a vengence. The flavor is not too acidic, just sour enough to make you appreciate it.

Mouthfeel: The sourness strains the taste buds at times...

Drinkability: My first taste of this new offering and I am curious. I wanna try a bottle and see how the delicate flavors hold up in a bottle.

akorsak, Jun 15, 2006
3.38/5  rDev -7.4%

After a lot of fanfare after the release of this new Lindemans offering some months ago, it finally arrived at my local last week. $5.49 for a 375 ml bottle at LaBodega in Riverside, CA. My wife likes the previous offerings, and so I was excited to get it so she could try it out.

Pours a slightly cloudy pale yellow with lots of steady carbonation that lasts a long time.

Aroma is of Granny Smith apples and the familiar Lindemans pungency- a mix of sweet and sour at the soame time that makes these beers so popular. Flavor is, to me, actually one of the best. I liek the tarter fruits in this series, with the Cassis being my favorite- well, the tart apples work well here too. These have a lot of inherent sweetness, and this offsets that a bit. But it's still too sweet.

Mouthfeel is creamy and nice. But I can't drink too much- the cloying sweetness overpowers me after a half-bottle.

Dukeofearl, Jun 13, 2006
3.05/5  rDev -16.4%

Yellowish color, a little dull in luster. Thin flat-lying head in a chalice. Laces are thin with scant minimal strings. Highly sweetened but distinct apple aromas, lives in a candy-ish sour ball realm. Light and carbonated mouthfeel. Certainly puts some apple into the Pomme appelation as far as the flavor profile, not as earthy as it should be, but definitely more defined than you find in something like Unibroue Ephemere. Nevertheless, it seems a little bit plastic and on the artificial side, at the same time that its "busting out all over". Interesting slide into a chalky almost oaky wrap-up. Can't say that its really a beer that meets a lot of things I look for in the many styles that are available in the world today.

ADR, Jun 03, 2006
3.28/5  rDev -10.1%

smaller size. in a lindemans glass.

appears rather lambicy, yellowish with some darker highlights.. lots of fizz inside and a champagne head full of airy bubbles. aroma is extremely strong.. smellable from two feet away. green apple essence of candy and other artificial products. get specific? green apple jolly ranchers and/or blow pops. appeals to my 'lover of sour candy' side, but really makes me think twice about actually drinking it.

once i do, well, i taste artificial candy green apple tartness. what i am amazed by is the finish, which allows some muted funky lambic character to shine. makes me sad that this might have started as a decent beer, and been further polluted by these abrasively chipper sour syrups and whatnot. strangely, i keep drinking it.. and with each sip, i marvel at the contrast between the initial fruit barrage and the finishing woody funk. a complex beer? yes. overall? completely mindboggling.

worth a try in the way that it is different from such fruit-overpowering products like the framboise and the peche, but still cannot hold a candle to the cuvee rene... or even the gueuze. $5 wasted and this beer sampled.. i don't feel like a total ass, but my money could have been spent more wisely.

goodbyeohio, May 30, 2006
3.63/5  rDev -0.5%

Small bottle, foil, cap and a small cork, no freshness/bottling indication. Pours cloudy light tangerinem with a near white fine, slight head and leaving slithery, stringy lacing, nose of sugary apples. this a quite sweet, sugary brew, undernotes of slight sourness. Dessert beer or perhaps with a salad. Sweetness takes away from complexity.

Billolick, May 29, 2006
3.83/5  rDev +4.9%

This is an odd one. It tastes and smells artificial, like green apple candy. There's some lambic character beneath, but the apple flavor dominates. I can't imagine it's real, and that's hard to say as it comes from Lindemans. Hmmmm... I guess I'd have to say I'm disappointed. It's way too sweet and artificial tasting to me. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wouldn't have more than one, and I don't think I'll ever bother with it again.

NeroFiddled, May 27, 2006
4.03/5  rDev +10.4%

This seemed like a good midday nice weather sipper so that's what I did. Pours a light golden with a modest fizzy head. Some lacing rings but not too much. Aroma is strong on the apples. There's a tart acidic element in there but its more sweet and sugary than anything else. I'm getting a small bit of brett or something similar in the backdrop. Taste is dominated by apples. A strong granny smith flavor ensues. There's not really a whole lot else going on. A definite sweetness arises but the tartness of the granny smith flavor with the sugar sweetness seem to work off each other quite well imo. I like the acidity and dryness in the finish. This is refreshing. Very cidery but that's probably expected. I might not be able to drink too many of these or really want another for awhile but I enjoyed this bottle.

granger10, May 24, 2006
4.22/5  rDev +15.6%

My second Lambic. Pours out to a mildly hazed golden yellow color with a small head of white foam. No lace. A medium high level of carbonation. Aromas of apples, sweet malt, sour fruits and some floral notes meet the nose well. Taste is near exceptional; full fruit flavors of apples, lots of sweet candied sugar, yet the sourness factor arises and changes the focus of the palate to the more subtle notes of mild malt and grass. Mouthfeel is smooth and zesty, very refreshing. Drinkability is good. This is a great alternative to many fruity wines and has really opened my mind to the Lambic style of beer. Recommended.

Frozensoul327, May 21, 2006
2.68/5  rDev -26.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

I chilled this in the fridge for half an hour and served in one of my New Belgium snifters.

Appearance: Pours a hazy golden-orange with a white foamy half-inch head that recedes to a persistent thin layer with nice lacing.

Smell: Very strong candy-like sour apple aroma, that overpowers everything else.

Taste: As with the smell the palate is dominated by a candy-like sour apple flavor. There's a faint hint of wheat in the finish, but it's mostly sweet.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and full-bodied with mild carbonation and a slight dryness in the finish.

Drinkability: The sweetness of this beer is too much for me.

Overall: Given that this is a Lindeman's fruit lambic I expected it to be on the sweet side, but this was too much. I definitely prefer Lindeman's other fruit lambics to this. It's like drinking a sour apple Jolly Rancher.

EPICAC, May 17, 2006
4.8/5  rDev +31.5%

Last night at the Long Island Beer festival I was hit in the mouth with something awesome, and I'm not talking about one of the 8,000 too many fat dudes with hair gel walking around. If there were a best in show award it would surely belong to Lindemans Pomme Lambic. Pomme Lambic pours out from its bottle like my Platonic ideal of Apple Cider, resting in my small plastic cup with little to no head, but a menacing apple-juice colored body. I asked the man serving me this exceptional delight what the ABV was and he responded "8%". Knowing this I smelled the lambic, expecting harsh alcohol fumes, but only receiving apple. First sip, sweet Jesus, I left my frail mortal coil down somewhere in Long Island and ascended into beer heaven, where I'm never drunk and always buzzed, and water fountains dispense Guinness. I am not a lambic conneisseur, and so it is difficult for me to describe this in terms of other lambics. What I can say is that it has a sharp apple-y and refreshing edge, with a super smooth and full body. The slick liquid coated my tongue, and as for aftertaste... there was none to speak of, just apples. Overall, imagine every crappy "malt alcohol beverage" you've ever had, take that, pretend it tasted delicious, and combine it with your favorite hard cider. If you find this lambic on sale, buy it, cherish it, never leave, marry it and don't cheat on it, you won't regret it.

CualityC, May 13, 2006