Lindemans Apple - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  3.50% ABV

Beer added by: CualityC on 05-13-2006

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 691 | Reviews: 319
3.77/5  rDev +3%

750ml bottle, poured into snifters.

A = Cloudy golden yellow with small white head, light lacing.

S = Apple cider, baking spices, cinnamon, baking soda, powdered sugar. Very refreshing.

T = Strong sour taste of almost ripe apples, some sugary sweetness, but not enough to overpower the nice distinct sourness from the yeast.

M = Medium bodied, great mouthcoating.

D = I could drink this stuff at the drop of a hat, very good.

3.77/5  rDev +3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.76/5  rDev +2.7%

Appearance: Translucent golden hue with a thin off-white head.

Aroma: Apple, vinegar.

Taste: Like green apple candy. Very sweet up front and then tart on the back end. A pleasant flavor but nothing all that interesting.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied but very robust for such a low ABV. Average drinkability.

Final Thoughts: Literally like drinking sparkling apple juice. Would I drink it again? If I'm in the mood for something sweet.

3.76/5  rDev +2.7%

I bought the Sam Adams Winter Sampler and didn't like the Cranberry Lambic. So I did more research on Lambics and decided to try some others, this being my first.

It's kind of an amber color, like apple juice. About a quarter inch of fizzy, light head that quickly dissolved.

The smell wasn't what I expected. In fact, at first I thought I had a bad bottle. Honestly, it smelled bad at first. I thought it was skunked.

When I tasted it, I was surprised. The smell had turned me off, and I was fully expecting to take a sip and dump the bottle, but it tasted very good! It tastes like cider.

Now that I have tasted it, I gave it another whiff. I don't know what I detected before, but it now smells apply and sour, much more pleasant this time around.

I didn't really know what to expect from this Lambic. After my initial smell, I thought I wasn't going to like it. But once I tasted it, I was pleasantly surprised. This isn't something I would drink on a regular basis, but it's something I would buy again. I think this would be great for a party or event where you were trying to bring something fun, light and different.

Definitely worth trying. Can't wait to venture into other Lambics!

3.76/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Sampled on 12/31/13.This one came in a 2-pack (A Raspberry one as well as with a cool flute glass.). Has a bottle cap AND have to open the 355ml (12 ounce) bottle with a cork screw. This is a first! Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into their beautiful flute glass.

Pours a nice crystal clear golden in color with a thing white head. Some lacing was seen with each sip unlike a hard cider or a Redd's even. The aroma is of fresh apples and grain. That taste wasn't as strong as the aroma but was pretty good. Lots of apple taste with a slightly dry finish. Not too sweet as some other hard cider type drinks

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I picked up a bottle of Lindemans Pomme a couple weeks ago for $6.49 at The Lager Mill. I've been meaning to try this one for a little while now and I thought I should give it a try, so lets see how it goes. 2014 Vintage. Poured from a green 355ml corked and cap foiled bottle into a teku.

A- The label looks ok, it's got a nice design to it and it's just a little eye catching. It poured a fairly clear golden color that took on more of a golden orange color when held to the light with a little over a half a fingers worth of bubbly slightly off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This is a pretty nice looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the apple being the first to show up and it imparts a mixture of apple juice and apple jolly rancher like aromas. Up next comes the funky yeast which is only a little vinegar like and it imparts a good amount of funky barnyard like aromas with some more tart apple aromas showing up towards the end along with some sweet malts. This beer had a pretty nice aroma and it was how I expected it would be.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the apples being the first to show up and they impart a nice tart apple cider like flavor with a little bit of those apple jolly rancher flavors showing up next. Up next comes the yeast which is much lighter than it was in the aroma and it's followed by some sweetness. On the finish there's some tartness and sweetness with a very apple like aftertaste. This is a pretty nice tasting beer, but I wish the funky yeast showed up more.

M- Smooth, a little refreshing, clean, a little sticky, a little crisp, on the lighter side of being medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer had a pretty nice mouthfeel that worked well with it.

Overall I thought this was a pretty nice beer and I thought it was a good example of the style and it seemed to be inline with the other lambics from Lindemans with this one showcasing apples and I think it does a good job of it and it makes for a good dessert beer. This beer had ok drinkability, it was smooth, a little refreshing, clean, a little crisp, a little sticky, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, but I think half a small bottle is the perfect amount for me. What I like the most about this beer was how well the apple was showcased. What I like the least about this beer was that the funky yeast didn't show up in the taste like it did in the aroma. I would buy this beer again when in the mood for a nice dessert beer and I would recommend it trying it, especially if you like apple beers and dessert beers. All in all I liked this beer, but I didn't love it, I think the sweetness and lack of complexity held it back a little, but in the end I did enjoy it for what it is. It's not a favorite Lindemans beer and it's a little above average for the style. Nice job guys, this was a tasty apple lambic, keep it up.

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Lindemans Apple from Brouwerij Lindemans