Lindemans Pêche - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans PêcheLindemans Pêche

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-12-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Pêche Alström Bros
souvenirs

Louisiana

02-01-2012 19:01:38 | More by adroits123
AleWatcher

2.17/5  rDev -44.9%

Trying to work my way through the whole Lindemans lineup of "fruit lambics."

typed up from notes:

Bright clear orangey apricot color. Two fingers of white head with some spotty lace clinging in chunky streaks.

Smells of deep oak notes. Bit of dank, earthy funk. I get some peaches too, naturally, but they are almost lost in the oaky and earthy funk notes.

Tastes like synthetic peach flavor. Oak hits hard in the finish snd helps dry it out a bit, but not enough. The overall flavor is like this:
take some gummy peach rings.
Roll them around in the left over sour sugar from a bag of sour patch kids.
suck on them.

The body is thick and syrupy... needs to be lighter in feel with more bubbles. Just a touch of sourness here-- needs more!

Overall-- meh. too sweet and sugary (like many of the brewery's "fruit lambics") and not sour enough to cut through it.

11-04-2011 01:39:48 | More by AleWatcher
drseamus

2.4/5  rDev -39.1%

This is a light yellow-orange cloudy beer with a high amount of carbonation initially. The carbonation goes away fairly quickly. It smells of apple and peach initially. This is a very sweet beer even compared to the other Lindemans beers. It has strong peach flavors, but just as many apple flavors as well. It is a very carbonated beer and very tingley on my tongue. I'm not crazy about peaches in general, but the drinkability is still fairly low. I would rather drink the framboise or cassis instead.

02-01-2007 04:48:50 | More by drseamus
Cresant

Kentucky

2.42/5  rDev -38.6%

Poured this corked and capped 12 oz., undated green bottle into a tulip. Body was clear and apple-cider colored. A small white head left a cascade of splotchy lace after each drink.

Smell was peachy. Mild vinegar. Powdered sugar.

Taste was a disappointment. Too sweet. I love peaches and expected peach flavor which was surprisingly absent. I only tasted the sugar from the peaches. It seems this one should have fermented longer (?). It lacked any expected lambic sourness. I expected much more.

Mouthfeel was medium bodied and only mildly carbonated.

10-27-2006 03:35:26 | More by Cresant

Kentucky

05-18-2014 22:01:02 | More by ToddBeans
MusicmanSD

2.63/5  rDev -33.2%

Was expecting a higher ABV brew out of lambics, but I guess I had the wrong interpretation of the style. Poured a hazy, hefe looking color with all cream head and laced the sniffer very nicely, but for me, it all went downhill after that. The smell was very nice and peach, but the taste was tart and hard to drink. I got a sick, quesy feeling after finishing off a bomber, not a good feeling either. My stomach was churning like hell as was my gag reflex...the mouthfeel is quite heavy however, I'm assuming because of the fruit additives, but because of its tartness and wear on my stomach, I don't think I'll be revisting the fruit lambics for awhile...I considered this more peach champange than beer, and I didnt even feel a buzz for what its worth

05-04-2007 00:23:40 | More by MusicmanSD
MediocreatBest

Connecticut

2.68/5  rDev -32%

i feel like i have been putting a lot o diclaimers in front of reviews lately but here it goes, i dont like peaches and this is only my 5th lambic, so deal..creamy baje beer with a hearty white head. looks lighter towards the bottom. smells of grass and peaches from a can. my best taste analogy is a peach creamsaver(i dont know if they really have one but work with me) with an acidic center. i dont know why i bought a peach beer, but i'd already tryed the rasberry one and was trying boon's kriek. also wood and grassy ntoes in there as well. my stomach feels like is is rotting from the inside out so low drinkability. mothfeel if very full, and thick, and syrupy, it hink this is part of the reason it reminds me of a creamsaver.

01-06-2005 03:50:41 | More by MediocreatBest
fattyre

Georgia

2.73/5  rDev -30.7%

This beer pours a very slightly hazy reddish golden with a very small clingy white head. The mouthfeel is rounded and almost syrupy. The smell is perfumey and slightly malty with a smell that I immediatley recognized from my childhood-canned peaches. The taste is perfumey peaches and overwhelmingly sweet. I could possibly enjoy this beer if the sweetness was halved. As it stands now it seems more like an overly sweet soft drink than a beer.

05-01-2003 19:31:47 | More by fattyre

07-26-2014 22:29:25 | More by jfcaa193
Bunnyhop

Georgia

2.8/5  rDev -28.9%

A reddish golden yellow, very slightly hazy lambic with a very small clingy white head. The smell is unmistakably peach (reminiscent of canned peaches in syrup). There was another very strong smell that I remembered from my childhood, tea rose; my grandmother used to buy me "Tea Rose" perfume. The flavor is very sweet, and again definitely peach, with a very slight sourness in the back of my mouth, and a subtle perfumy finish. This had a round almost syrupy feel in my mouth. Overall, I found this to be very syrupy and sweet, reminding me of a "sweet-tart". I'm also reminded of a non-alchoholic sparkling cider an aunt and uncle of mine served to the children at their wedding when I was a kid. This tastes like the aforementioned cider with peach flavor added. The sweetness of this made me think more of a child's fruity drink or punch.

(source: ABC; Atlantic Beach, FL)

01-24-2003 21:26:09 | More by Bunnyhop
Gueuzedude

Arizona

2.9/5  rDev -26.4%

Pours into my 25cl tulip glass with an initial, almost two-finger thick, pale, off-white colored head that manages to leave some layered lace patterns on the sides of my glass. The beer is a brilliantly clear honey color, but shows a bright gold color when held up to the light. The aroma is dominated by clear peach notes; smells lightly sweet with a strong, floral peach note. No matter how I try I can't smell anything else, in fact I made myself light-headed even trying.

Sweet, well very sweet and well carbonated. It tastes like a peach soda, though it has a thickness to it that no soda has. The carbonation is ample and makes this quite fizzy feeling. Peach flavors are of course prominent here, though with peach being a fairly soft fruit flavor, the sweetness seems to trump the peach character. There is perhaps a touch of a lactic twang in the finish, that just might show there was some Lambic harmed in the making of this brew, but really this is all about being a sweet, fizzy peach-soda. As the beer warms up a bit the peach notes become on par with the sweetness.

Really not beer, refreshing and tasty as a soda, though it is a bit too sweet & thick to be a great example of that.

Purchased: Plaza Liquors, Tucson AZ

04-25-2008 23:02:22 | More by Gueuzedude
ichigodisaster

2.9/5  rDev -26.4%

Poured an ambery orange with a very light cream-colored lacing.

Not terribly complex in the nose. Peaches, of course. Very heavy peach scent dotted with a slight muskiness and then something slightly metallic. Interesting.

Tastes almost like a peach soda, sadly. It's not at all what I expected. It's awfully sweet. The sugary sweetness masks what complexities that may be there. It's pleasantly acidic and tart on the finish, but still very sweet.

It's surprisingly very smooth in the mouth, despite it's syrupy taste. Almost velvety.

Honestly I don't think that I could have more than one in a sitting because of the sweetness. If you really like fruit beers or sweet drinks in general, this may be good for you. I think If it wasn't sweetened and the tartness was able to shine through, this would be a much better beverage.

01-28-2007 02:35:22 | More by ichigodisaster