Lindemans Pêche - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans PêcheLindemans Pêche

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-12-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Pêche Alström Bros
4.58/5  rDev +16.5%

An excelent peach lambic. The beer poured a nice peachy golden color with a nice white head. The smell was very friuty and sweet, full of peaches and a bit of an apricot scent. When I sipped the beer the flavor of peaches exploded in my mouth followed by a nice dry sourness that counteracted the sweetness perfectly. Definantly a great desert beer and one that may cross over some non beer drinkers.

Dmann, Oct 25, 2005
4.03/5  rDev +2.5%

Light/medium bodied, hazy apricot color like unfiltered cider, with a nice white head.

Aroma is mild, peaches with a tart earthy overtone.

The flavor is very definitely PEACH. It starts sweet but not quite like peach soda - more like a peach cobbler, as it is quickly followed by a very pleasant tartness and a yeasty/biscuity overtone, finishing slightly sour for a nice clean finish that leaves you wanting more. Definitely a desert ale, either stand alone or with an appropriate fruit dish.

whynot44, Oct 16, 2005
3.95/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a green bottle, corked and capped. Pours a hazy gold colour, with a fizzy white head. Wonderful peachy aroma. Some tartness, but mostly sweet, syrupy peaches. Body was crisp and clean. Taste bursting with peach flavours, and some apple. Very juicy and sweet. Could use a tad bit more tartness to balance it out. Overall, a delicious beer. However, it still takes a back seat to their Framboise.

baiser, Sep 11, 2005

This is my first Peach Lambic. The only Lambic I have ever had is a Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic.

This is a small 12oz bottle poured into a wine glass which seemed appropriate.

Pours an orange hazy color with very little head or head retention.

Smell is, um, fruity? Kind of like a strong desert wine but does have a grainer smell to it.

Taste is much smoother than I expected. Yummy. Reminds me a bit of Japanese plum wine but obviously a grainier, sweeter peachy taste. Dry, sweet finish.

I think I will share the rest of this bottle with my wife who prefers wine. I would call this the ultimate cross over drink from Wine to Beer. Very tasty and I think I will have to keep some of this on hand for those rare times I don't feel like drinking a "normal" beer.

kgotcher, Sep 02, 2005

It is difficult to not like this fruit drink. I love peaches. This is a peach soda with 4% ABV. There is no lambic tartness, no brett funkiness. It is an incredibly refreshing fruit beer. Gold, clear, sticky foam. Nose full of peaches. Taste is carbonation and more peaches. The tartness is nearly completely submerged. Finish is peach (as is the start and middle). As I have said about other Lindemans (except the Gueuze), this is what malternatives want to be.

About $9 or $10 for a 750ml bottle.

pentathlete, Aug 29, 2005
3.98/5  rDev +1.3%

Pours a hazy pale copper with a two-finger head into a tasting glass, just over fridge temperature.

Smell- This reminds me of the fresh country air back when I used to vacation in the Catskill Mountains... A potpourri of apricot/peach and spices, a perfume of the gift shop near Round Top, NY. Wow, it's amazing what memories a smell can invoke.

Taste- An instant sourness typical of the lambic style, with a lightning-fast transition to sweet. It is interesting to note the difference in the mild flavors of the peach versus the raspberry lambic.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability- Thick, meaty, mouth-coating consistency... surprised at the viscosity of this beer, considering the appearance. Finishes sour enough to suffice as a great aperitif, and fruity enough to accompany dessert after a meal. Well done.

yelterdow, Aug 25, 2005
3.98/5  rDev +1.3%

My first lambic, and I must admit I am impressed. Even my beer-hater wife liked it. Poured out to a slightly cloudy yellow color with a nice head and good lace around the glass. Odors of sweet peaches and sour sugar were present, as was a slighly bile like odor that reminded me of vomit. Seriously. Alas, this wasn't enought to deter me from drinking it. Taste was very sweet, but not syrupy or overly powering. Very peachy, with a sugar like after taste. Yet, I must say again, not overpowering. This is not a bad drink. Finished sweet with some malt like flavors. This is more like a really kick ass wine than a beer, but still, very drinkable. Recommended for people just getting into lambics.

Frozensoul327, Aug 21, 2005
4.05/5  rDev +3.1%

I finally pulled this ber out of the ole closet to review after 2+ years. This was part of an experiment I have been doing to see if the Lindemans fruit beers gain a sour character as they age. Well it seems that not even two years will cut the sweetness. I'll get back to ya in 2007.

Appearance: Pours a clear Orangish Golden color with a dense half inch of head after a reserved pour. There are quite a few bubbles attached to the glass, and only a few rising to the top to maintain the head. The head stands for some time nonetheless. There are a few particles floating in a slow “suspended animation” like state not looking like they particularly want to go up or down. Decent lacing.

Aroma: The Peach is the most obvious part of the aroma, but there are also some pretty floral notes to this beer that I guess are from hops. The Peach is still so dominant after all this time, it’s pretty amazing.

Taste: It is very sweet the entire time. The Peaches come out to greet you early, and the aroma just leads into the taste. You have a flood of Peach pouring over you as you take this beer in. It just starts in the nose, and moves to your taste gradually. There is a slight sourness that starts to peek out somewhere in the middle to leave a slight prickly impression on the back of the tongue. Then it finishes dry and refreshing leaving you with a mouth full of Peaches.

Opinion: Golly gee, this beer still tastes like Kool-aid! I mean, don’t get me wrong…it is a wonderfully flavored beer. The Peach is just such a sweet and dominant force in the entire flavor profile that it completely obscures the fact that you are drinking the product of spontaneous fermentation at all. I would prefer it retain some of the “wild” characteristics. I have one more bottle of Peche. We'll see what a couple more years doe for it.

SkeeterHawk, Aug 19, 2005

Pours hazy gold. Dense head. Aroma peach is also a strong flavor element that covers malt/hops. Although the peach is very dominate it was not objectional ( I like peaches). Medium body and dextrinous mouthfeel. Strong carbonation make this sweet and fruity Lambic great with a dessert.

karst, Aug 14, 2005
4.28/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a very lively,well carbonated, hazy golden color. Nice aroma-some peach in there. Slight yeast in the backround. Mellow sweetness throughout. Good full peach flavor. Somewhat tart but well balanced with a nice fruitiness. I dont find this Lambic screams fruit like the Kriek did. Very well rounded and the fruit has a nice softness to it. Good body-like the Kriek its hard to believe its so low in ABV. A very drinkable beer indeed. Quite enjoyable all around.

lackenhauser, Jun 23, 2005
4.25/5  rDev +8.1%

Wow this is a crushing taste of peach. The almost peachy color of this beer that has almost no head but plenty of carbonation sets up what the rest of the beer will be. It has an intense peach nose and the beer is sweet smelling too. The taste is tongue pulverizing a sweet lambic with a touch of souring characteristics and nothing but peach for miles around. It has a pleasent aftertaste that lingers of peach and a resonating sweetness. As I work my way through this one the taste deadens the senses and eventually it becomes more and more palatable. For sure this is not a session beir, but it is enojyable as a twelve ounce desert.

Higravity, Apr 25, 2005
3.33/5  rDev -15.3%

1cm of fizzy white head is dirty around the edges. The clear gold beer has some orange to it. Nose is extreme peach: tart, not too sweet. Good. The front is full of sweet, perfumey peach flowers. The middle is a thick peach syrup. The finish is sugary sweet. There's a little tart funkiness, but not enough for me. Not bad. It's still too sweet for me, but definitely better than the Framboise.

kbub6f, Apr 20, 2005
4.4/5  rDev +12%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

75 cl green bottle with no freshness dates.

Poured clear golden straw with a minimal white head.

Peach right from the top in the smell. A barnyard, earthy, musky vibe. Slight peppery spiciness.

Light, crisp, and refreshing. Peach flavors throughout. Very tart. Dry finish. Beer-ness almost perceptable.

A very pleasant drinking experience. Super refreshing. Maybe a bit more malt flavor would make it go over the top.

Shultzerdugen, Apr 19, 2005
3.5/5  rDev -10.9%

Poured a clear orange body with small white head that died almost immediately.

The nose was a mix of cork, wood, fruit, sour peaches, fruit, sugar and sweet peaches. As weird as it sounds it reminded me of my grandparent’s basement.

The taste was medium bodied with a gumball like taste. This beer tasted almost exactly like strawberry gum. Sugary sweet and notes of very tart peaches. The thing is, there’s also a mix of all sorts of other fruits as well. More of a fruit cocktail with a slight bitterness. There’s some slight wood and cork as well.

A nice, decent peach lambic. Felt like my teeth were going to rot, but

taez555, Mar 26, 2005
4.15/5  rDev +5.6%

All I have got to say about this beer is that it makes champagne taste like a cheap American macro (mixed with Taaka vodka). This beer is the most subtle of the Lindeman's lambics, with a very sublime peach flavor that very thirst quenching. I couldn't stop sipping mine once I tried it at first. It is like a Kool-Aid for beer lovers. A must try brew.

beertastegood, Mar 23, 2005
3.58/5  rDev -8.9%

Appearance: Bottle a little silly. Lots of dressing for such a small bottle. Beer itself had little head (off white). Doesn't look a lot like beer, but looks good none the less. A little lace developed.

Smell: Sweet and tart. Quite nice. Smells a little more like a cider than a beer. Once again everything nice, but different from what i'm used to.

Taste: Hmm. I'm of a mixed mind here. As a beer its suffers from a few things. It wasn't easy to taste either the hops or the malt. The peach taste itself was wonderful and complex. So I'm of a mixed mind. Would be good with appropriate food.

Mouthfeel: Generally good, but there was enough sugar that I could feel it. I don't think that the sweetness effects the taste as much as the mouthfeel and drinkability.

Drinkability: Two problems created by the sugar. I got tired of it in my mouth and the sugar rush was more intense than the effect of the alchohol. Those who don't drink beer at all will find this very drinkable.

Won't drink this again when I'm in the mood for a good beer, but would be great with a nice meal instead of wine. Very good for drinking in mixed company that might find most other decent beers to be too challenging.

ThisOnesOnMe, Mar 17, 2005
4.38/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearence: Pours a bright peach color with a thin, foamy white head.

Smell: The smell is peachy but also has huge woody and oaky notes.

Taste and Mouthfeel: An overwhelmingly tart peach flavor greets the taste buds with joy, and finishes with more subtle wood notes. The mouthfeel is thin and incredibly sticky. This is a tart, sour, puckering tasting beer. The peaches are powerful yet very real tasting.

Drinkability and Overall: Good stuff for sure. I have loved each and every lambic I had before this, and I love this one. I guess if you don't like the style, you wouldn't like this as it provides nothing unique. It's still a great beer that can (and will) keep me sipping all night long.

santoslhalper, Mar 03, 2005
4.03/5  rDev +2.5%

I have never been a big fan of those "fruity" beers. They often tend to have an artificail taste that isn't too pleasing to me. But every once in a while there are A couple I find that I like. Most of the time they are made by Lindeman's.
Though I'm not a fan of peaches (too much time in Georgia when I was in the Army), I really enjoyed this beer. It transends everything a fruit beer should be.
Pouring a cloudy orange colour with a thich off-white head, I was assured that I had a quality beer on my hands.
The aroma is strongly of peaches. There is nothing else to be noted, but then, nothing else is neded.
The taste is very peachy. Sweet as hell with a slight hint of tartness.
A very good beer well worthy of a strong passing mark.

CBFanWish, Mar 01, 2005
3.73/5  rDev -5.1%

Pours a hazy medium gold with a high carbonation, a 2 finger head that had mediocre longevity, but good lace. Smell of sweet peach, sort of like a wine cooler but with some malt aromas mixed in. Tart apples smells also noted - not much, if any, hop aroma detected. Taste is not bad.the flavor of sweet peach is the first noticable flavor followed by a subdued wheat malt. Sour apple flavors also detected. Very spritzy. My wife enjoyed it and refered to it as a "girly beer". It is what it is - a peach lambic. A very nice and tasty lambic, but not one I could drink several bottles of in one sitting. Its a bit too sweet for me. A nice change of pace but not a good choice for a session beer.

sabrills70, Feb 18, 2005
4.33/5  rDev +10.2%

Hazed orange body, low carbonation, white head with good retention and great lace that leaves clumps on the inside of the glass.
Tart/sweet smokey peach scent with notes of green apple skin.
Taste of big peach flavors, very sweet with undertones of smoked fruitiness.
Medium body and decent coating, a prinkling sensation on the tongue.
Good drinkability as a result of the low ABV and the sweetness never gets to be too much. Excellent brew.

-Oelergud

oelergud, Feb 06, 2005
3.8/5  rDev -3.3%

Pours well ... the colour of peach juice. light orangy with a hint of red. No real head to speak of, but it bubbles up like a nice sparkling wine. Aroma is very fruity, with just the slightest hint of a sour note. Taste is tart and of sweet peaches, almost in a canned peach sort of way. There is just a note of lambic sourness that creeps in and helps this from being cloying. Mouthfeel is good nicely carbonated which helps it from being too too sweet. Drinkability is a little above average. A bit too sweet. This would be a one and done apertif or dessert beer. Sweeter and less tart than the raspberry which lessens the drinkability

TinusTime, Jan 28, 2005
4.88/5  rDev +24.2%

01/08/05- Purchased at Tower Market in San Francisco, CA

Presentation- 750ml champagne like bottle. No freshness date. Poured into my Lindemans flute like glass.

Appearance- Yellow-orangish sparky pour with a slight cream head which slowly fades away. Leaves minor lacing.

Smell- Wonderful scent of fresh orchard peaches. A bit sweet and a bit tart in the nose.

Taste- Possibly the best way to get my vitamin C. Awesome taste of fresh fresh fresh peaches. More sweet, almost sugary sweet. A tad bitter when swallowing.

Mouthfeel- Suprisingly full feeling for me. Maybe it's because of the sweet creamy texture.

Drinkability- This has always been one of my go to beers on special occasions. I bit sweet to slam a few bottles, but it's about as drinkable as it gets. Everyone I know personally loves this lambic.

GClarkage, Jan 09, 2005
2.68/5  rDev -31.8%

i feel like i have been putting a lot o diclaimers in front of reviews lately but here it goes, i dont like peaches and this is only my 5th lambic, so deal..creamy baje beer with a hearty white head. looks lighter towards the bottom. smells of grass and peaches from a can. my best taste analogy is a peach creamsaver(i dont know if they really have one but work with me) with an acidic center. i dont know why i bought a peach beer, but i'd already tryed the rasberry one and was trying boon's kriek. also wood and grassy ntoes in there as well. my stomach feels like is is rotting from the inside out so low drinkability. mothfeel if very full, and thick, and syrupy, it hink this is part of the reason it reminds me of a creamsaver.

MediocreatBest, Jan 06, 2005
4.3/5  rDev +9.4%

Smaller bottle, classy with foil, cork and a cap. Pours slightly hazy, orangy, amber. Tiny bubble film remains after a minute or two of the pour. long stringy, relaxed lacing on the glass. Nose is fruity, sweet and delicate. Lucious melons, peaches, fruits of a thousand nations flow in the glass. Not nearly as sour as some other Lambics I've tried, this one is sweet and tasty. Great with desert, berries, ice cream etc etc.

Billolick, Dec 13, 2004
3.63/5  rDev -7.6%

This 750ml bottle that has a bottle cap. You take off the cap and you find a cork in it, definitely weird.

Its a light orange mustard color with a little haze. A slightly yellow-white head. Smells like peaches, but also smells a little sour. Taste is sweet, bursting with peaches, and the tartness sets in about halfway though your sip. The tartness lingers. I thought it was a bit too sour, but this is the first fruit lambic that I have ever had. I would say its pretty good, if your looking for something fruity. I could see this for dessert, or drinking with dessert. I look forward to trying their other varieties.

dauss, Dec 10, 2004