Lindemans Pêche - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans PêcheLindemans Pêche

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-12-2002

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,004 | Reviews: 442
4.44/5  rDev +13%

Poured on tap at the Yard House in Long Beach (yes, I know, but my girlfriend wanted dessert). It poured a nice golden color with a quickly disappearing head.

In the nose were peaches, lots of peaches with a little it of beer and something else underneath. A truly remarkable smell.

The taste was likewise exceptional, bursting with peaches, sweet, but not overwhelming countered by a nice graininess and a finish with a hint of lambic sourness.

It felt lovely on the palate, smooth and drinkable. Very nice to find it on tap.

4.1/5  rDev +4.3%

Cost at my local North Coast Coop here in Eureka, CA was $9.45. Poured a hazy gold and left a small head that was gone in a jiffy. Big nose of peaches and some spices I cannot identify. Smooth palate. Taste is sweet but not overpowering. Very unique and nice to drink. Amazing how many good Fruit Lambics Lindemans can produce.

3.73/5  rDev -5.1%

This brew has a bery golden and champagne like body, which is slightly hazy. It is heavily carbinated and creates a sticky white head that hugs the rim all the way to the end. It does have a very peachy aroma, but I can detect doughy hints of malt. With this, it reminds me of peach cobbler.

2.44/5  rDev -37.9%

This is a light yellow-orange cloudy beer with a high amount of carbonation initially. The carbonation goes away fairly quickly. It smells of apple and peach initially. This is a very sweet beer even compared to the other Lindemans beers. It has strong peach flavors, but just as many apple flavors as well. It is a very carbonated beer and very tingley on my tongue. I'm not crazy about peaches in general, but the drinkability is still fairly low. I would rather drink the framboise or cassis instead.

3.1/5  rDev -21.1%

Have to try all of the Lindemans' beers that are availablet to me. The color is a clear, yet light and pale orange. Very light bubbling and no head left after a minute or two. The aroma is very butterscotchy with a very faint hint of peaches. A little off putting. Different, but not expected. The taste is definetly moire peachy and earthy with a very strong butterscotch and light cream backbone. very odd taste for a fruit lambic in my opinion. Not bad though. Light dry palate with strong sweetness. Nice to sip after dinner. Would not have more than one in an evening. But the Framoise on the other hand...

2.9/5  rDev -26.2%

Poured an ambery orange with a very light cream-colored lacing.

Not terribly complex in the nose. Peaches, of course. Very heavy peach scent dotted with a slight muskiness and then something slightly metallic. Interesting.

Tastes almost like a peach soda, sadly. It's not at all what I expected. It's awfully sweet. The sugary sweetness masks what complexities that may be there. It's pleasantly acidic and tart on the finish, but still very sweet.

It's surprisingly very smooth in the mouth, despite it's syrupy taste. Almost velvety.

Honestly I don't think that I could have more than one in a sitting because of the sweetness. If you really like fruit beers or sweet drinks in general, this may be good for you. I think If it wasn't sweetened and the tartness was able to shine through, this would be a much better beverage.

3.87/5  rDev -1.5%

Pours cloudy golden orange color with a thin head that lingers on the surface. Big sweet nose of creamy peach. The intensity of the peach flavor caught me by surprise; my son said it reminded him of a wine cooler. The mouth feel was on the heavier side, but not syrupy. It was a nice refreshing beverage.

The style is not my cup of tea but I'm really glad that i tried it. I will definitely be sampling the companies other products.

3.35/5  rDev -14.8%

Hazy light caramel orange colour with a short cap of white foam composed of bubbles of mixed sizes. The head quickly fell to a coarse ring leaving a smattering of lace (subsequent sips produced a lot more fine lace). A little funky barnyard aroma with some earthiness, ripe peach, and very mild pie spice. Pretty nice! Very sweet and syrupy, kind of cloying, with lots of peach flavour and mild tartness. That pretty much sums it up. Medium carbonation with a heftier body than expected, palate coating initially but slightly drier by the finish. Fairly creamy texture. Not a bad entry in the Lindemans line. I really enjoyed the aroma, but was let down a bit by the heavy sweetness, which limits the drinkability.

Capped and corked 750 ml bottle decanted into my chalice. It pours clear orange (peach?) in color with minimal head. Aroma is of peaches and little else. Taste is of peaches as well, more sweet than tart as a good peach should behave. Mouthfeel is thick, but not syrupy with crisp carbonation. Its was a nice dessert beer to accent my New Year's Day meal.

4.3/5  rDev +9.4%

Appearance: Pours a peachy orange.

Smell: Fruity sweet and acidic with peach and yeast.

Taste: Starts acidic with a bit of Apricot and vanilla with a peach-orangecycle character. Finishes clean.

Mouthfeel: Exceptionally smooth and silky as can be.

Drinkability: My wife and I liked this. We had it at the end of dinner and before our creme burley.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

3.33/5  rDev -15.3%

Peachy through and through, from the appearance to the nose to the flavor. This was the thickest and least carbonated of the Lindemans beers I've had yet. It made the beer seem a bit syrupy, so drink this one very cold. Cold is also useful to combat the sweetness, which is boarderline too much. I've always liked the base lambic, and the peaches accent it very nicely. This beer is refreshing and pairs good with a wide variety of food. Not one of my favorite lambics, but very good nonetheless. Recommended. Lindemans is a great family of beers to introduce to people with a "macro"-scopic view of the beer world. Cheers!

4.42/5  rDev +12.5%

750 ml bottle, foiled, capped and corked.

Appearance is a lot like champagne, smell is a lot like champagne, taste is a lot like champagne. Mouthfeel is very beer-like -- nice and round, good long dry aftertaste.

What a surprise. I loved it. So did my wife and daughter. With only 4% ABV, you could drink this all night long -- and I just might, some time!

4.07/5  rDev +3.6%

Apperance: Cloudy orange. Moderate head.

Smell: Tart peach smell. Kind of reminds me of a good champagne.

Taste: Sweet/tart peach flavors which fade away into a light hop taste.

Mouthfeel:Creamy and medium bodied.

Drinkability: Very yummy and easy to drink. I would love another.

Overall a very good Lambric, and it comes in an odd bottle cork and cap, how queer. A must try. Cheers.

3.64/5  rDev -7.4%

I found this Peche to be extremely approachable, yet not as overpoweringly sweet as Lindeman's framboise, which I've sampled numerous times. A nice middle ground between geuze/unblended lambics and the candy-flavored ones like the offerings from New Glarus.

This beer pours a dark yellow, without an obvious connection to the fruit within.

The smell however is definitely peachy, although I definitely got pear out of this as well, much like a can of recently opened pears in heavy syrup.

The taste is extremely fruity and pleasant. In addition to peach, I also got chardonnay fruit.

I found this beer and it's champagne bubbles very pleasant and drinkable.

Appearance- Nearly peach color with a small head.

Smell- The inside and outside of a peach and nothing more. When I say the outside I mean the fuzzy skin- which I think has a distinctive smell vs. the juice. Pleasant and simple.

Taste- Honestly, I can't discern anything except peach. All the subtleties of a peach are present however. Pretty delicious and even better I'd suspect if you really like peaches.

Mouthfeel- At times syrupy, but mostly light. Finish is syrupy. Carbonation is less than the the framboise.

Drinkability- Like drinking peach concentrate... so very drinkable just like all the other Lindemans lambics.

This is a great change of pace brew. Someone doesn’t like “beer” – fire up a glass of this and watch their expression.

Wifey, daughter, niece and I all toasted the winter arrival in STL with a couple bombers of this – everyone really enjoyed the crisp and dry peach campaign, er, beer. Bubbly and tingly, I really enjoyed this frosty.

Just a solid lambic from Belgium.

3.97/5  rDev +1%

Pours out a slightly hazy orange with a small fizzy white head that drops to a few bubbles.

Smell. Nice tartness, just slight sweetness of peaches. Also has a bit of earthy smells from the yeast.

Taste. Very strong peaches come out that is quite sweet. I think the sweetness is balanced very well with a tartness. Peach flavor seems a little syrup-like. Aftertaste really reminds me of dehydrated peaches. Quite nice and refreshing.

Mouthfeel. I say it's pretty good. Carbonation is at a nice moderate level. Body is slightly light, and refreshing.

Overall, a nice beer to change things up. Lately i havent wanted much carbonation, and this did a great job quenching my thirst.

3.53/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Really a striking peach color. Light head goes to a thin skim. Lots of tiny bubbles. Smells of peaches -- medicinal, chough syrupy peaches.

Holy cow, does it get sour on the back of your tongue. But other that that, it's like peach candy. Light and fizzy mouthfeel. Very fizzy.

Not bad, but not much like beer. Very sour, but kinda tasty.

3.55/5  rDev -9.7%

pours out a nice orange/amber with one finger of white suds that leave just a tad of lacing around the tulip glass.
Smell is strong of fruit like apple cider but no peach aromas.
Taste is sour and sweet at the same time. Still no peach flavor but the cider twang with the caramel sweetnes makes for a nice drink.
Mouthfeel is a little oily and not very clean. The flavors leave the mouth quickly.
I was dissapointed that the concotion did not taste like Peaches.

2.48/5  rDev -36.9%

Poured this corked and capped 12 oz., undated green bottle into a tulip. Body was clear and apple-cider colored. A small white head left a cascade of splotchy lace after each drink.

Smell was peachy. Mild vinegar. Powdered sugar.

Taste was a disappointment. Too sweet. I love peaches and expected peach flavor which was surprisingly absent. I only tasted the sugar from the peaches. It seems this one should have fermented longer (?). It lacked any expected lambic sourness. I expected much more.

Mouthfeel was medium bodied and only mildly carbonated.

3.99/5  rDev +1.5%

Dispensed from corked and capped 12oz bottle into a pint glass. Appearance is a dark golden with a very fizzy and soda poppy head that disappears immediately. Lots of bubbles constantly rise to the top.

Aroma is sweet and peachy. Smells like a fresh peach pie. Very sweet smelling.

Taste is quite refreshing and very enjoyable. A bit fizzy and thin on the mouthfeel. A great beer to drink in the summer I would think. Tastes like peach soda. If you dont like peaches, you may not like this. It isnt sour however. Nice tartness and sweetness altogether. I enjoyed this one.

4.92/5  rDev +25.2%

Well, this is probably my favorite of the Lindemans blended fruit offerings, perhaps only because it is so delightfully sweet and syrupy. Maybe it perverts the fundamentals of the lambic style by overpowering it with peach juice, but my palate agrees with its fundamental appeal.

It has a light mouthfeel, like a nice sparkling wine, but of course much sweeter than what you would get in that area. It's easy to go through a 750ml bottle of thise stuff without even realizing that you've started. Thankfully, its alcohol content is not outrageous.

4.4/5  rDev +12%

Here is a lambic almost everyone seems to love. This has all of the elements you would expect in a great lambic, but the sweetness allows pretty much anybody to understand the concept of the beer. It still is a light to medium bodied beer (although the added sugars are what make it more viscous), and the sweetness doesn't completely overpower the barny and sour notes, and it certainly enhances the fruit flavors.

We have shared this with all manner of misguided snobs and know-nothings, as well as with pals, folks, and dudes, and every man jack of them has loved this beer.

The only probem I can see is that the sweetness sets some people up with the idea that all lambics are sweet. Since the Lindemans sweetened lambics are far more prevalent than pretty much every other style of lambic available in the U.S. this happens far too often, and people don't want to try a more traditional (dry/sour) styles.

3.69/5  rDev -6.1%

The only reason I would not be able to drink more of Lindemans Peche is because it is a fruity style. Personally I enjoy one or two fruitish beers and that's my fill, the same with this one. I did really enjoy the one I had. It was very smooth, and thicker than I expected, but most certainly not too thick.

4.07/5  rDev +3.6%

In a goblet, this beer forms a white surface lace. The body is a tawny, transparent yellow gold, when I try to describe it. My girlfriend simply says, "peach." The nose is 100% sweet peach, which smells great. The taste is sugary, intense peach. Simple, but good. The mouthfeel is viscous, with low carbonation. Could use more. This is a wonderful dessert beer, although the acid builds up if you have too much by yourself. Share a 12 oz bottle with at least one person!

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Lindemans Pêche from Brouwerij Lindemans