Lindemans Pêche - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans PêcheLindemans Pêche

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-12-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Pêche Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,040 | Reviews: 451
4.54/5  rDev +15.5%

This was definately a fine drink. The first lambic style of beer i have had, so this was a new experience. It was a nice dark peach color, with a inch or so of a head that quickly fizzled down to nothing. There was some cloudy sediment at the bottom, which when poured in made the beer pretty cloudy. What can i say, it smelled and tasted like peaches. Lots of carbonation off of the pour.
Tasted pretty aciddic, the whole tounge was feeling this beer. Definately something i enjoyed.

4.53/5  rDev +15.3%

i was scared of this one, i have avoided this one for ten years, but i had tryed all the outhers so i figured why not try this one, i found that i have been mising out, this one is like peach pie in a glass, the lambic is nice and the peach starts nice and tart and fades into pure sweetness, i will get this one agan and agan for sure.

4.52/5  rDev +15%

I've pretty much enjoyed every lambic I've had and this was no exception. The Peche pours a cloudy dark orange. It smells very sweet and you can definitely detect the peach flavor. The taste is similar. Very sweet peach flavor with just a bit of a sour finish. I highly recommend this lambic.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

Pours a cloudy, brass tinged orange robe topped by a short creamy white head. The head drops shortly but keeps a creamy collar and whispy surface covering, as well as leaving some nice lace. The aroma combines a very nice, authentic fresh peach that's not overly sweet with minor flashes of lambic character (light lactic sourness, very mild mustiness). The body is light/medium with a very fine and restrained carbonation that gives it a creamy mouthfeel and adds to it's smooth fruitiness. The flavor is, again, quite realistically peachy with a ripe, juicy, sweet fruitiness that's backed by a tart edge. Some minimal lambic character becomes apparent in the long finish and adds to it's complexity. Of the Lindeman's fruit lambic line-up, this one seems a bit more delicate and a little less sweet, and therefore has more versatility. I works equally well as an appertif or dessert beer, and would be splendid at almost any time during the summer (think sunset on the beach)! And although I normally lament the lack of more aggressive lambic character (acidity, mustiness, barnyard) in the Lindeman's beers, I feel that actually works here. Quite refreshing and highly enjoyable. It's well worth seeking out and should not be passed over for the Kriek or Framboise.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

Pour yields weak thin head. Body is bright vibrant orange. Smell is tart citrus orange with a twist of peach. I am also picking some clove and other Belgian yeast qualities. Smell seems to mostly be in the sourness. My first so I would say this is good. Has a super nice sourness with nice sugar sweetness mixed in. I think I get more sour apple than peach myself but it does show up in the aftertaste. For a newbie I would compare it sour patch kids or those candy peach rings. The flavor hits immediately and stays the same throughout. It really holds up for the long run. I think I would enjoy it more if the carbonation was amped up a bit but still it feels pretty good on the tongue. My first sour, or at least I think it is, actually delivered on what I expected. It really tasted exactly as I imagined it would and that does not happen often with beer.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Such sweet goodness. Amazing smell.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

Picked up a 355ml at local grocery store. I'm very excited about this after having the the kreik and framboise.

A: Poured a cloudy light amber color. Looks exactly like apple cider. White head, about an inch thick falls to a film.

S: Peaches, tobacco, smells remind me of sparkling cider. Apples. Delicious smelling.

T: Sweet peaches, yeast, belgian malts, after taste is of sour apples. Not as sour as the other lambics I've had. Funky lambic flavor that I don't know how to describe other than awesome. Absolutely fantastic. I don't think it gets any better than this.

M: Perfect amount of bite from carbonation, smooth, perfect feeling in the mouth.

D: Delicious Lambic. If they weren't so expensive I could easily drink more than one. Lindemans has mastered this beer. It gets no better!

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

Pours a golden blond color with minimal head. Aroma is similar to smelling a ripe peach. Succulent and juicy on the nose. Taste is similar. Tart, ripe and very much like a peach. Smooth aftertaste that makes me wonder where the peach fuzz is.

Maybe I gush too much over beers like this. However, it's not often that you find a fermented fruit beverage that beats the pants off of hard cider. Lambics are almost not like beers to me. Definitely drinkable though!

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

only beer my girlfriend will drink. Naturally sweet.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

Appearance - Nice, clean, and light appearing amber Lambic. Very inviting, and moderately carbonated.

Smell - Wow. Sweet, clean, peachy, and fruity.

Taste - Tastes like drinking a peach soda with a slight ale flavor. Surprisingly nice and delicious

Mouthfeel - Nice and refreshing on the palate. Light and smooth.

Overall - Great Lambic, very refreshing and surprising that your are drinking and alcoholic beverage until it hits you. My favorite Lambic. These goes down quick and smooth.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

Pours a cloudy golden orange color with a pillowy soft white head that leaves trails of sticky lace on the sides of the glass as it recedes. Nose and taste are both sweet and fruity with notes of fresh peaches (no artificial flavors here) balanced by just the right amount of tartness that leaves your mouth watering for another sip. Mouthfeel is thick and juicy with a refreshing amount of active carbonation. This is a delicious brew that would make for a nice after-dinner drink or as an afternoon cocktail on a warm summer day.

4.47/5  rDev +13.7%

750 ml corked bottle. Im relatively new to lambics and havent been a big fan of the previous peaches that Ive tried.

A - Very hazy with the semblance of a wheaty hue. Head was nice for the brew type.

S - Peach with some other citrus floating in the background. Ambitously sweet that was fairly strong up front. Almost pie like aroma.

T - Peachy and bready, bizarre toastiness to a lambic. Complex and great taste. Tarltike and bready, really the best of the Lindemans line that Ive had to this point, by far. Not too overpowering in sweetness.

M - Perfectly carbonated that left the ideal texture to the mouth. Have to see, really impressed again here.

D - Remarkably drinkable for a lambic. Best Ive had in the Lindemans line and probably my favorite Lambic to this point outside of Liefmans. Ridiculously smooth that matches the low abv. Pleasure to drink.

4.47/5  rDev +13.7%

This not my first venture into the realm of the fruit beers and it won't be my last. Despite me being Darth Tyberious, Lord of the Dark Beer, I found this one quite enjoyable. I was thinking that with the weather getting warmer that I'd experiment with other lighter beers and I'm glad I did. Let's get down to the brass tax...

A: Champaign. Light golden color with a one to two finger head. Clear with visible carbonation trails.

S: Fruity sweetness without being sicking. A little tartness, a little woodsiness...

T: Not at all what I expected but enjoyable. Very light flavor but nothing really out front of overbearing. Light peachy sweetness up front with peachy tartness trailing.

M: Light and very easy on the mouth. A little bubbly but not as bubbly as champaign.

D: Very drinkable. Weighing in at 4% I found that I could finish the entire 750ML bottle easily.

The only thing that caught me off guard was the fact that this has a cork that requires a cork screw. This might show my limits but this is a first - I'm use to a cork that has a cage. I had to hunt down a cork screw. Regardless, very nice!

4.47/5  rDev +13.7%

After recently trying the Kriek and Framboise, I expected some seriously strong sour peach flavor out of this lambic. Surprisingly, nothing was overpowering about it. Served at room temperature, it pours out to what looks like beer, not a wine like appearance that the others have. It's a fairly clear golden color, and some wonderful lacing occurs all the way down the glass. The aroma is a sour peach, but it's not pungent. The mouthfeel is very smooth. This beer is wonderfully pleasantly sweet, sour, and peachy. It isn't puckering like other lindemans lambics, making it more drinkable and refreshing. I highly recommend this lambic to anyone who is just getting into them.

4.46/5  rDev +13.5%

Pours a pale apricot with a 1-finger thin looking white head, reduces quickly to nothing.

The nose rather delightful- a wheat crispness lifting up the syrupy peach tones that hold complexities akin to a fruit cocktail of the other major tree fruits- apricots, pears and apples.

Palate is light, with a bright carbonation and a slight bump in body from the incredibly syrupy peachy sweetness. As sweet as it is, though, there's a ridiculously huge tart juiciness providing a perfect balance. Bitterness isn't noticeable, nor are there any funky tones, while the brew picks up a little malt on the tart finish with a malty-wheat dryness in the middle of the tongue.

Honestly, I don't think anyone could make a peach wine this delicious and balanced. Big sweetness and a big tartness. Someone pass the French toast.

4.45/5  rDev +13.2%

Outstanding, nice peach flavor. My girlfriend couldn't handle this one, but loved the rasberry. Not as fruity as the Frambiose, but I absolutely love it. I could drink it all night. Nice peachy, funky taste. Decent head and retention. Smell is peachy and smells more of alcohol than other flavors.

It's a nice peach lambic. I highly reccommend it.

4.45/5  rDev +13.2%

Lambics are quickly becoming one of my favorite styles, and this is no exception. This one is a hazy gold with an extremely thin head that actually keeps. Inviting champagne-like aroma with hints of peach and yeast. No traditional barnyard lambic aromas here really. Flavor is better than I expected. It's just so damn crisp and tasty. Sweet peach flavor is subtle. It seems there are other fruity flavors going on here as well. Very lightly malty and just the right amount of tartness. Simply delicious, a very nice lambic.

4.45/5  rDev +13.2%

This is my first Lambic. And let me tell you it not what I expected.
First not sure why but the bottle is both corked and capped.
After remove the cork I got a great big burst of carbonation. Then on the first smell I was really confused is this beer or wine. Don’t get me wrong that’s not bad, once again just not what I was accepting. Defiantly could smell the peach also I caught a green apple smell.
Then the Taste, my mouth is so confused sweet, sour but very little bitter. Almost like candy or a sweet wine. It has a good body.

I will surly have to try some other fruit Lambics to determine if this is part of the style or just a fluke

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

People don't always like these but I loved it. It's super sweet but really good and peachy.

4.44/5  rDev +13%

Poured on tap at the Yard House in Long Beach (yes, I know, but my girlfriend wanted dessert). It poured a nice golden color with a quickly disappearing head.

In the nose were peaches, lots of peaches with a little it of beer and something else underneath. A truly remarkable smell.

The taste was likewise exceptional, bursting with peaches, sweet, but not overwhelming countered by a nice graininess and a finish with a hint of lambic sourness.

It felt lovely on the palate, smooth and drinkable. Very nice to find it on tap.

4.44/5  rDev +13%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Sampled earlier tonight on 6/26/14. Comes in a heavy 355 ml (12 ounce) bottle that has both the metal crown top and a cork. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to their flute glass that came in a 2-pack around last Christmas (Apple & Raspberry which are long gone.) :)

Pours a pretty golden color with a thin white head with some sediment left in the bottom of the bottle. Really no lacing to speak of. The aroma is of peaches with some yeast. The taste has much more flavor than the aroma and besides the peach there is a hint or tangerine and orange in there as well. Very smooth and quite tasty actually. Good drink and goes down so easy!

4.43/5  rDev +12.7%

I drank this from a 12oz bottle into a flute.

The beer pours for lack of a better word a clear peach color, a dark gold lightened by honey. The head is white rises about finger than falls quickly leaving behind a soaphy covering over the beer and sides of the glass that lasts several minutes. The lacing is great.

The aroma is super and light and subtle, wish it was a bit stronger but its very nice with a sweet peach smell throughout.

Its tastes exactly like it smells a very subtle peach flavor from start to finish. The end is a little bitter but overall very drinkable despite a little watery.

Overall, this is a very good lambic just because the flavor and aroma are very nice. I would LOVE this beer if both aroma and taste were a little stronger and pronounced and there was a tiny bit more complexity overall.

4.42/5  rDev +12.5%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a flute.

Pours a clear apricot/peach color with a thin fizzy head that goes away like ginger ale.

The nose is all peach. Smells wonderful- both sweet and sour.

Taste is sour peaches at first followed by a wave of sweetness. Some slight beer flavor but the peach is so up front its hard to get much more out of it. This is my first lambic, so I'll have to come back to this after I've adjusted to the style more.

Mouthfeel is light with a good bit of carbonation. The sour in the front is slightly puckering but it mellows out nicely.

Drinkability is high. This is delicious.

4.42/5  rDev +12.5%

I decided to try out Lindeman’s Pêche lambic after I recently ordered some of their Framboise for a female friend who wasn’t into beer but wanted to try something. Poured from a 12oz corked and capped green bottle into a champagne flute, this peach lambic had a lightly hazed wet straw color and a highly effervescent white head and a lot of carbonation.
The smell was of over-ripe peaches, a slightly sour funk and some yeasty malt. The taste was as the smell advertised: lots of peach flavor with an underlying pale malt taste and a tart, mildly sour finish. The peach taste seemed to have the cloying sweetness of overripe peaches and the tart bite from a not-quite-ripe peach. Either way, this brew was all about the peach. The feel was light, crisp and dry. Very refreshing.
I really enjoyed this beer. It would make an excellent dessert beer but does well enough by itself. A delicious fruit beer that brought back memories of growing up on an orchard where I could walk out and smell the peaches when they were in season.

4.42/5  rDev +12.5%

Pours out a hazed bright marmalade hue, not much head or retention however.

Aroma is a pleasant mix of fresh peaches sprinkled with icing sugar.

The flavour is pretty one dimensional as well, but that's all this fruit lambic needs to be a winner. Sweet fresh peach with some icing sugar, and a hint of wheat in the background.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, smooth with a bit of carbonated kick on the finish.

Simple but good is the way I see this one, it's really quite gorgeous.

Lindemans Pêche from Brouwerij Lindemans