Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans FramboiseLindemans Framboise

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
Reviews: 993 | Hads: 2,593
4.5/5  rDev +14.8%

Generally I do not care for any type of flavored beer/lambic. However, Lindemans Raspberry Lambic is a jewel. I have this lambic numerous times throughout the year for something different and I absolutely love it every time. This lambic pours a gorgeous dark red with a pink head. The aroma is that of sweet raspberries. The taste is similar to the smell with a hint of tartness. This a very drinkable brew if you enjoy flavor.

3.74/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

375ml Bottle from The Trading House, Glasgow (£5.75):
This one was a really nice, quite sweet lamib with a low alcohol content that helped it go down very easily with a great balance & strong fruity taste that was dominated by raspberries as expected. The beer wasn't a very complex one but the taste still proved very enjoyable so this was a worry & it was a well done beer that proved highly drinkable.

3.96/5  rDev +1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic lambic, my review is only lower because I've always had a hard time giving such a high rating to lambic a because they drink almost more like a sparkling wine than a beer. But a great look and taste with just the right amount of tartness. Highly recommended for fruit beer lovers.

3.93/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a deep cloudy raspberry red with a thin raspberry colored head that dissipates rapidly. The nose is sweet raspberry jam. The taste is sweet raspberry. Nothin much else. The only reason I give this a lower score is because I don't get any beer out if it. It's more like carbonation in raspberry juice.

4.01/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured from a 355ml bottle (bottled 17Mar15) into a snifter.
LOOK: Pours with a half finger's worth of very light burgundy foam that halves itself after 30 seconds. Very dark burgundy in color. Rising bubbles are subtle. Lacing is subtle and thin.
SMELL: Very strong raspberries and mild earthy and funky yeast. That is it.
TASTE: Very strong raspberries flavors with a mild tartness dominate the beginning. Mild funky yeast and subtle earthy yeast enter right after as raspberry flavors persist.
FEEL: Medium-bodied and subtly carbonated. Clings to the back of the throat as it goes down. Finishes with a subtle dryness.
NOTE: This was really good. I would of liked to have some sour yeast or bacteria to balance out the funky and earthy yeast flavors.

4.13/5  rDev +5.4%

A: Very dark red almost purple with 1-2 finger pink head. Decent retention and leaving some nice lacing.

S: Tart raspberries dominates the nose. Some light yeast esters.

T: All raspberry all the time. Very well balanced between sweet and sour.

M: Medium body with a nice effervence. Almost a champagne like feel to it.

O: Not a normal style for me, but a refreshing easy drinking beer and a nice departure from other things I've been having lately.

4.73/5  rDev +20.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Looks and tastes like a sour raspberry soda, it was exceptional. Poured a ruby red with minimal head and no lacing. Smelled of slight tart raspberry. Taste was spot on, a total sour raspberry bomb. This beer was gone in a flash, I couldn't stop drinking it. Awesome!

4.49/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Brilliant! Holy hell, that is a damn fine beer.

Smells of sour raspberries with a little bit of a yeasty quality that makes it come off as, well, beer. The taste is a very sour but somehow incredibly balanced raspberry flavor that has a perfect blend of sweetness to match. The carbonation is very effervescent and prickly, reminiscent of a champagne. Aftertaste is sour raspberry and a little bit of yeast... just a nearly perfect fruit beer in my eyes. The way this makes my jaws "go" on every sip is fantastic. Yes, it's very sweet, but it's fantastic with the sourness. I think, ideally, I'd split a 12oz bottle of this, just because it'd make me crave more. I could easily go through a 12oz bottle, but I fear I'd get a little weary of it by the end of it.

This beer's phenomenal. Pricey, sure, but worth the experience a thousand times over.

4.22/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

750 mL bottle picked up at the LCBO, sealed with a cork embedded underneath a crown cap. Listed at 2.5% and served well-chilled.

Pours an opaque, muddy reddish-purple hue, including a few crimson highlights around the edges of the glass, and kicking up just over an inch of soapy, pink-tinged froth at the surface. Decent retention; the head fizzles itself out over the next couple of minutes, with a bubbly, pinkish-purple collar and film left behind in its place. Generous lacing, too. Upon sniffing, my nose is immediately invaded by big notes of juicy, tart raspberry, along with some subtler notes of sour acetic acid and wheaty malts.

Pretty delicious stuff, though I find it to be extremely sweet. As expected, raspberry flavour dominates every other aspect of this beer, imparting an intensely tart, juicy berry character that lasts throughout the profile. Notes of red grape and wheaty malt are most assuredly in there, too, but they're a peripheral presence in comparison to the raspberry. Some sour acetic flavours show up late in the sip, but the funkiness of this lambic is very restrained; rather, it is mostly just very sweet and very tart. Stevia sweetness comes through in the aftertaste along with some lingering raspberry sourness; this beer doesn't come off as altogether "naturally" sweetened, but the stevia blends in well enough so as not be a major distraction. Light in body, but definitely not thin or watery - this lambic feels very smooth on the palate, with more weight than you'd expect from something that is only 2.5%. The carbonation levels are relatively soft, managing to weakly agitate the palate.

Final Grade: 4.22, a respectable A-. Lindemans Framboise has a long-standing reputation as a "beginner's sour", whatever that is. Taken as a fruit beer, this is quite an excellent product - but lambic junkies might be a little disheartened by its (mostly) one-dimensional flavour profile, and its distinct lack of significantly funky features. On the plus side, it's exceptionally light-drinking, with a lovely sour-tartness that is guaranteed to endear this beer to raspberry fans in general. At nearly $10/bottle in this market, it's not something I'd be very inclined to pick up regularly, but it's certainly worth a look in any case.

4.6/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I don't typically like raspberries but damn this is good. I like the tart and sour taste that the raspberries give. I could honestly drink this all day

3.93/5  rDev +0.3%

Framboise Lambic.

Well this is a stye I have yet to drink due to the insanity on pricing with low ABV rewards. But I found moderately sized bottle for $5 and figured why the hell not, perhaps it could open up a new world for me.

Look - Alright first I must ask...what in the fuck kinda sadist puts a cork deep in the neck covered by an outer layer of foil?. Anyway , Pours the color of a black cherry with a two finger pinkish head that doesn't stick around for very long at all. Carbonation is hard to get a read on due to the color of the body. Lacing is spotty. 4.

Smell - Smells like some half ripe raspberries with a bit of alcohol. Bit of bready malt as well. 3.5.

Taste - Tart, sour raspberry up front with a bit of the mentioned bread aspect in the finish. This will be a short review as there really isn't that much to say. The good thing is that the taste is very real and unlike most ( insert name here flavored malt liquors ) . 4.

Feel - Body is fuller than I had anticipated with only a touch of bubbly carbonation. Sits easy and goes down even easier. 4.5.

Overall - Seeing as this is my first experience with the style, and this is one of the ' lesser ' offerings, I will certainly be back. Admittedly, it was tasty and the tartness is what drew me in the most about it.. 4.

3.56/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Yes it is sweet, and yes it is, to us in the USA, more of a wine cooler; however, Lambics are unique style of Belgium beer designed to be more of a table beer. Let’s not forget the purpose of such beers, as they are designed for sustanence rather then for partying. I see this almost as a Patersbier, where the monks consumed beer throughout the day, for it nutrients and health benefits, and no so much as drink to relax and unwind with like we are use too. With that said I have been know to pour these into an unlabeled bottle and take them to work and lie and just say it was juice, why, because dammit it’s better than a cold pop any day of the week.

3.9/5  rDev -0.5%

Served in a flute glass from a 750ml bottle.

Appearance: Pure dark red with a slight maroon tint, heavy bubbles on the body make a unique pink head rising just about 1/2" off the body. Settles easy with very sticky lacing.

Smell: Seriously smells like fruit and sugar. Think of grape juice or certain dessert wine scent.

Taste: Will tell you this it is definitely your post dinner cigar best had with dessert or just alone as your dessert. Sweet with heavy sugars and fruit. Raspberry is definitely evident, very easy to absorb.

Mouth: sticky sweet. Medium to slightly heavy bubbles on the body.

Overall: Not a bad brew, not sure if I would buy it specifically for myself but definitely keeps the gf happy. Drink with love my friends. Salud!

4.22/5  rDev +7.7%

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Good representation of a Belgian sour. Here goes:

A: Pours a cloudy velvet. Virtually no head or lacing. OK, I guess.

S: Very sublime. Lots of raspberries; very tart.

T: Very, very good. Sourness makes the lips pucker; very full-bodied, fruity goodness. Lots of cherries and raspberries.

F: alright, can't complain.

O: A great brew. Classic representation of a very popular Belgian style.

3.94/5  rDev +0.5%

Mostly clear, deep, dark, reddish purple, like a cut garnet, with pink-yogurt colored head, of weak retention. Smells like raspberries, alright. More so raspberry syrup than fresh berries. Super sweet to the taste! Raspberry for sure, but undercurrent of apple. Most sour/tart beer I've had to date (my first lambic, although I've had other "sour" beer styles). So puckering, it constricts the mouth, giving a false sense of astringency. Takes a brief while to get used to, but tartness does mellow out on the palate. Sticky throughout. Sparkling cider- or champagne-like feel, lighter end of medium in body but very heavy in sudsy carbonation, and yet still slightly tingly.

4.1/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

It tastes good, but as a dessert beer I can't consider it a beer. My friends who truly hate beer enjoyed it, saying it was almost like a champagne/wine cooler. Easy to drink and a crowd pleaser for *most* women (excluding me, I prefer more classic beer).

4.36/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

nearly Opaque Garnet with purplish white head. Intense aroma of raspberries. Taste of tart raspberries. Mouthfeel is nearly weightless, decently carbonated . Ridiculously easy to drink but doesn't seem like beer.

3.75/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is a desert beer, which I am almost unsure if you could call it a beer. Maybe since I have never had a Lambic before this I am just not in the know, but this was really pushing the limits of what I consider beer. This would be much closer to a wine cooler or something. It was extremely sweet, with some sour/tart bite on the back end, and a nice amount of carbonation.

That being said, it was pretty good. I don't even normally like Raspberry in my beers at all, but this was the best I have ever had. You can only drink one though due to the sweetness. It is more like a treat than something you would sit back and drink on for any period of time.

Would drink again. Don't know if I would purchase again though. Also, the waiter mentioned that they have a Green Apple one as well. Would be interested in trying that as well. Maybe next time.

4.15/5  rDev +5.9%

Delicious. No it's not an imperial stout, base it off of what you're getting, a wild fruit ale. The flavor profile could have more going on, but drinking this with fettuccine Alfredo out of a stemmed wine glass was awesome.

4.13/5  rDev +5.4%

A: Dark purple, thick foamy head that dissipates somewhat quickly

S: WOW. amazing dessert raspberry syrup nose. highlight of this beer

T: Sweet, strong raspberry, a bit one dimensional, no complexity of flavor, but still quite good

F: Sticky, juicy, not like most beer

O: Drinks like a dessert beer, maybe good for a summer afternoon as well. Amazing raspberry nose and flavor, but not much else going on here.

3.88/5  rDev -1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I enjoyed this beer a lot more than I thought I would!
The color was nice and it left a pleasant taste after finishing.
This would be the perfect lambic for after a meal. The raspberry taste reminded me of dessert and I will definitely be buying this again.

3.85/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

37.5 cl bottle. 15 Jul 2016. Deep burgundy colour with a frothy, pale pink head, which settled to a ring and left some excellent lacing. Aroma of raspberries, vanilla and some toffee. Medium sweetness and tartness do battle over your taste buds. Medium bodied, smooth texture with some fizz and a dry finish. One for people who need more fruit in their diet.

3.75/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This lambic gets a really bad rap from beer geeks, and I don't know why. After dinner with a friend, I cracked a bottle of this, and had some fresh raspberries. The flavor is dead on.

3.84/5  rDev -2%

Refreshing raspberry beer. Nice deep maroon beer with a pink head. Smells like raspberry syrup to me but maybe I don't know what fresh raspberries smell like. Taste is sweet and refreshing but not overly so. Don't taste much alcohol. Mouth feel is on point. Overall 4.0.

I am not a fan beer in general but I have realized raspberry flavored beer are more for me. It is sweet and delicious. It has a brilliant red/pink color with a vibrant sweet aroma of raspberry and other fruit. When tasting this it is soft, sweet and a hint of tanginess at the end. The sweetness of this beer is not overwhelming in any sense.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans