Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

2.5-4.0% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000)
Reviews by BlitzShadow:
3.93/5  rDev +2.1%

The bottle was corked with a foil wrapping on the top of a 0.750 L bottle.

Appearance: The body is crimson/maroon with a 1/2" fuchsia head. The head is very tight with small bubbles.

Smell: It smells like a tart raspberry pie. Very sweet.

Taste: The taste is VERY sweet like a Jolly Rancher candy. It leaves a tart aftertaste, but leaves my mouth wanting more of the sweet raspberry taste.

Mouthfeel: You can feel the carbonation and it's fairly uniform across the top of the tongue - effervescent and refreshing.

Drinkability: I want to have more, but I think I'll switch to something a little less sweeter.

Notes: This beer is very very sweet. I would enjoy it on a hot summer afternoon or possibly as a dessert-type beer. For the style of beer, it does its job very well. I would recommend the bottle for a party of two (my friend and I split it). After half a bottle, I was at the point where I really enjoyed it, but was ready for a change.

BlitzShadow, Dec 17, 2005
3.95/5  rDev +2.6%

Appearance – I’m just starting to try this style so excuse my surprise, but man is this thing red. Purple-red, really, exactly like a raspberry. The head is the same damn color. It all looks cool as heck, though.

Smell – This has a very pungent aroma. The raspberries are pure and jump right out of the glass. I can’t smell anything except that strong raspberry aroma.

Taste – This is sweet and super sour raspberries, like a Shock Tart. I recently gave up eating hard candy, which I love, for dental reasons but this brings it all back. Terrific!

Mouthfeel – The lip-smacking cheek-sucking sweet and sour candy notes make you stand up and take note. This is light to medium in the body and a real “holder.”

Drinkability – I’m convinced! I loved this stuff.

RoyalT, Feb 22, 2004
3.68/5  rDev -4.4%

Deep coral-fuchsia color with a thin but lasting pink head served in a regular champagne glass at Firken in Libertyville, IL.

Delicate raspberries in the nose. Sweet and tart simultaneously in both smell and taste. Raspberry syrupy.

Mouthfeel is champagne like, crisp, dry, and slightly tart at the finish.

Drinkability is super high if you can handle fruity beers like this.

DaPeculierDane, Nov 22, 2005
3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

DanGeo, May 28, 2013
3.75/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This was my first lambic style beer, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Bottle was corked, capped, and wrapped in purple foil - quite the seal. Pours a deep ruby red, nearly purple in color. The head is a big, thick shade of fuchsia and lasts for a long while thanks to the volatile nature of the brew. Intense raspberry aroma with other berry notes tossed in. Very sour, tart, and perfume like for the aroma, almost tickles the nose. The taste is really something - enormous raspberry sweetness, very sweet and tart, almost a candy-like sweetness (think jolly ranchers, nerds, etc). The fruitiness tastes authentic, no medicinal or chalky flavors to be found. Despite the high level of tartness and "pucker" to the beer, it isn't cloying or syrupy or sticky. It's more juice-like - thin and crisp with high carbonation. Some alcohol is very lightly detectable on the back of the tongue (funny, because it's so low ABV, but it's definitely there). No bitterness, but I don't really think that's what this style is all about.

I normally don't like "fruit beers" but this really isn't a fruit beer.... It's a lambic. And now that I've had a lambic, I can definitely detect the difference. Though this lambic is more fruity heavy, sweet, and tart than fruit beers I've had, the fruit is much more authentic, inviting, and welcomed. The mouthfeel is better and the sweetness is refreshing, rather than sickening and overwhelming. This was my first lambic and I really enjoyed it - something nice to drink early in the day or when you need something dessert-like and quenching. I will definitely be seeking out more of this type in the future (lambics, gueuzes, sours).

tectactoe, Nov 13, 2012
4.68/5  rDev +21.6%

Pours deep burgundy with a pink head.

Strong, mouthwatering raspberries in the aroma. Not a lot of notes, just killer raspberry.

Taste is sweet raspberry and the spontanious fermentation balances out with a tart acidity.

In the end, this beer comes down to personal taste. Some say it's too sweet or it's not "beery" enough. All I know is that everytime I drink this I love it. Great as dessert, with chocolate, over ice cream, or if you're just having a bad day and want to be cheered up. Classic.

brownbeer, Feb 04, 2010
3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

Thrid trial of the Lambic type beers. Framboise Lambic from Lindemans Vlezenbeek, Belgium. Light alcohol but heavy taste of raspberries.

A- Pours a opaque dark fruity raspberry red colored fluid with fluffy purplish head that leaves minimal lacing.

S- Fresh raspberry puree on the nose is the dominant scent with light hints of wild yeast tang and tart. Candy sweetness fumes.

T-M- Taste is as interesting and intriguing as the process of making it. Very raw and fresh picked raspberry flavor fuel to buds with massive sour bite of active yeast. Highly carbonated mouthfeel with fruit juice-like smoothness. Not to shabby for a friut lambic.

D- I could have one of these every once and a while to share the massive fruit flavor of this beer. My girlfriend likes it! I'll be damn'd.

wesbrownyeah, Jan 14, 2010

tbryan5, Apr 11, 2013
3.68/5  rDev -4.4%

GameOfBeers, Aug 18, 2014

Shakerman, Oct 28, 2012

BubalooBrewMaster, Jan 05, 2014
3.95/5  rDev +2.6%

This lambic had an excellent deep red to burgundy color with lots of carbonation. There was strong raspberry aroma that was very fresh smelling. The taste was very sweet & juice-like. The raspberry flavor was very sharp & strong in the palate & finish. You could really taste the fruit & seeds in the finish.

I found this very enjoyable, but would definitely need to split the 750ml bottle with a few others in the future. Split between 1-2 people, it is too sweet. After a glass or two, it becomes overpoweringly sweet...

JMD71, Mar 06, 2006

This was a nice lambic and the first beer my girlfriend actually likes! It poured a nice ruby red color with a small reddish froth on the top that laced a little down the glass. The smell was quite sweet and smelt of the raspberries and not much else. The flavor was quite good with a good dose of lambic tartness and raspberry sweetness. The great carbonation made for a very nice mouthfeel and the dry aftertaste made me want another sip. This was good stuff, no Cantillon but pretty damn good.

Dmann, Jun 13, 2005
4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

MikeC144, Apr 09, 2014

Marc33, Dec 24, 2011
2.75/5  rDev -28.6%

bulldogg915, Mar 06, 2014

Often the source of controversy within beer circles, lambics seem to be divided between adoration and dismissal as "a woman's drink."

Lindemans Framboise features a vibrant, rich red hue with no head retention. What head there is tends to be more fizzy in a soda-like sense than what you are used to seeing on a 'normal' beer.

Taste is astounding. As lambics go, this one is more on the sweet side, without a lot of the sourness. Just the right amount of carbonation (a good bit less than soda), as well. Lovely rich raspberry flavors wash all over your palate.

Deliciously refreshing, I could drink this all day long. Goes down so easily, its like sipping fruit juice. Featuring a low alcohol level as well. Super high drinkability. Absolutely THE perfect beer for people who say they 'dont like beer.'

chOAKbarrell, Dec 25, 2005

danthehopslamman, Aug 17, 2013

Bszymkow09, Jul 11, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

BeerDreadz, May 13, 2014
3.63/5  rDev -5.7%

750 ml bottle capped and corked.
Served in a tulip champagne glass.
As soon as I popped the cork, the raspberry aroma overwhelmed the senses. Poured raspberry color - what else? Nice head retention and lace.
Fruity, sweet, somewhat tart on the back side. Raspberries raspberries and more raspberries.
If sweet punch is your thing, you will love this beer. I must force myself to stay true to the style in rating and just because I don't care for sweet doesn't mean it's bad so I'm trying to score accordingly.
If I ever have another Lambic and have something to compare it to, I might change my rating.
But I doubt it.

NWer, Mar 28, 2011

DaftPatrick, Jul 02, 2014

heddar33, Sep 06, 2012
3.48/5  rDev -9.6%

Lambics are their own beast. I've never met anyone who was "on the fence" about them. It seems like you either love 'em or hate 'em. Me... I'm on the love side of that fence.

First pour shows an astonishingly dark and deep crimson/pink/rose body with a light and fluffy pink head/lace that simply does NOT fade.

Aromas are a study in contrasts. On the one hand there are all the elements of a classic lambic - the delicate hints of yeast peaking out from beneath the strong, juicy tart fruit. Sadly there is also a slightly crude overly sweet note that has a hint of cough syrup. A lambic should be a study in champagne-like elegance.

Initial taste is lovely, crisp smooth and creamy with that powerful effervescence from the champagne-like carbonation. The yeast and funk are there in the middle of the flavour, though nearly hidden by the combination of the heavy fruits and high acidity. Very fruity - in fact the sweetness of the fruit tends to overwhelm. As one drinks more, in fact, the sweetness becomes rather cloying. I miss the tartness that you find with other lambics, for me this one is a bit too sweet. The finish is clean, leaving little on the tongue afterwards.

A good "girlfriend" beer, or for a single glass with brunch, but not my favorite of the lambics to be honest.

SamuraiJack, May 03, 2003
3.63/5  rDev -5.7%

Poured a ruby red color,had a small but distinct head, very tart fresh picked rasberry aroma, first taste was creamy rasberry,which was very nice, second taste I startrd to get a little sourness, which was ok; then by the middle of the glass; a taste I can only describe as rubber bands came in and stayed and wasn't very agrreeable. Probaly will stick with the kriek

grynder33, Oct 26, 2003