Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

to view more.
Ratings: 2,469 | Reviews: 991
Reviews by Lost_in_Prawet:
4.03/5  rDev +4.4%

A: Poured dark red with a small pink colored head. A thin layer of bubbles remained on the surface. A light to moderate amount of carbonation is evident from the rising bubbles.
S: There's a moderate aroma of sweet raspberries.
T: Like the smell, there are sweet flavors of raspberries. The sweetness in the taste is not overpowering and there's even a bit of sourness in the finish.
M: It feels rather light-bodied on the palate and somewhat bubbly (not that syrupy).
D: This beer is very easy to drink. I would definitely have this again and pair it with a dessert at dinner or some Belgian waffles at Sunday brunch.

4.45/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours ruby red with pinkish foamy head. Smells like raspberry extract. Tastes like a sour raspberry gummy, very tart. I love sour candy and this is very similar.

3.37/5  rDev -12.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

The beer in general is very sweet and syrupy of artificial raspberry, not even jam. Lacking in tart quality and depth, this is a beginner brew, but unsatisfying for most.

4.38/5  rDev +13.5%

There is a lot of similarities between this beer on tap and in the bottle. But, there are some distinct differences. The beer is just as tart, sour, sweet, and tangy as ever, but the bottle version seems to hold a more viscous body, mainly to the lack of induced carbonation that I get from the tap. Less fresh, but more musky. More of a Flander's red flavor and texture in general. A little more dusty, woodsy, vineous, and earthy; maybe from the cork and complex cellering. Though fresher and ripe with fruit from the tap, I prefer the older and more raw flavor from the bottle. Both are winners.

4.8/5  rDev +24.4%

A - Pours a beautiful deep raspberry red color with a fizzy 1 inch light red head. There is nice ring lacing present as the beer is sipped.

S - Smells of rich raspberry, funky earth notes, and slight vinegar.

T - Delicious sweet/sour raspberry with a slight vinegar acidic flavor.

M - Good fizzy carbonation makes for a very crisp and smooth drinking beer.

D - A most excellent fruit lambic. I buy this one very often. I know that a lot of people have said that this is too sweet but I don't agree. I think that overall this is the best fruit lambic made by Lindemans and probably my favorite overall example of the style.

3.95/5  rDev +2.3%

Appearance – I’m just starting to try this style so excuse my surprise, but man is this thing red. Purple-red, really, exactly like a raspberry. The head is the same damn color. It all looks cool as heck, though.

Smell – This has a very pungent aroma. The raspberries are pure and jump right out of the glass. I can’t smell anything except that strong raspberry aroma.

Taste – This is sweet and super sour raspberries, like a Shock Tart. I recently gave up eating hard candy, which I love, for dental reasons but this brings it all back. Terrific!

Mouthfeel – The lip-smacking cheek-sucking sweet and sour candy notes make you stand up and take note. This is light to medium in the body and a real “holder.”

Drinkability – I’m convinced! I loved this stuff.

3.68/5  rDev -4.7%

Deep coral-fuchsia color with a thin but lasting pink head served in a regular champagne glass at Firken in Libertyville, IL.

Delicate raspberries in the nose. Sweet and tart simultaneously in both smell and taste. Raspberry syrupy.

Mouthfeel is champagne like, crisp, dry, and slightly tart at the finish.

Drinkability is super high if you can handle fruity beers like this.

3.77/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This was my first lambic style beer, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Bottle was corked, capped, and wrapped in purple foil - quite the seal. Pours a deep ruby red, nearly purple in color. The head is a big, thick shade of fuchsia and lasts for a long while thanks to the volatile nature of the brew. Intense raspberry aroma with other berry notes tossed in. Very sour, tart, and perfume like for the aroma, almost tickles the nose. The taste is really something - enormous raspberry sweetness, very sweet and tart, almost a candy-like sweetness (think jolly ranchers, nerds, etc). The fruitiness tastes authentic, no medicinal or chalky flavors to be found. Despite the high level of tartness and "pucker" to the beer, it isn't cloying or syrupy or sticky. It's more juice-like - thin and crisp with high carbonation. Some alcohol is very lightly detectable on the back of the tongue (funny, because it's so low ABV, but it's definitely there). No bitterness, but I don't really think that's what this style is all about.

I normally don't like "fruit beers" but this really isn't a fruit beer.... It's a lambic. And now that I've had a lambic, I can definitely detect the difference. Though this lambic is more fruity heavy, sweet, and tart than fruit beers I've had, the fruit is much more authentic, inviting, and welcomed. The mouthfeel is better and the sweetness is refreshing, rather than sickening and overwhelming. This was my first lambic and I really enjoyed it - something nice to drink early in the day or when you need something dessert-like and quenching. I will definitely be seeking out more of this type in the future (lambics, gueuzes, sours).

4.68/5  rDev +21.2%

Pours deep burgundy with a pink head.

Strong, mouthwatering raspberries in the aroma. Not a lot of notes, just killer raspberry.

Taste is sweet raspberry and the spontanious fermentation balances out with a tart acidity.

In the end, this beer comes down to personal taste. Some say it's too sweet or it's not "beery" enough. All I know is that everytime I drink this I love it. Great as dessert, with chocolate, over ice cream, or if you're just having a bad day and want to be cheered up. Classic.

3.72/5  rDev -3.6%

Thrid trial of the Lambic type beers. Framboise Lambic from Lindemans Vlezenbeek, Belgium. Light alcohol but heavy taste of raspberries.

A- Pours a opaque dark fruity raspberry red colored fluid with fluffy purplish head that leaves minimal lacing.

S- Fresh raspberry puree on the nose is the dominant scent with light hints of wild yeast tang and tart. Candy sweetness fumes.

T-M- Taste is as interesting and intriguing as the process of making it. Very raw and fresh picked raspberry flavor fuel to buds with massive sour bite of active yeast. Highly carbonated mouthfeel with fruit juice-like smoothness. Not to shabby for a friut lambic.

D- I could have one of these every once and a while to share the massive fruit flavor of this beer. My girlfriend likes it! I'll be damn'd.

3.97/5  rDev +2.8%

This lambic had an excellent deep red to burgundy color with lots of carbonation. There was strong raspberry aroma that was very fresh smelling. The taste was very sweet & juice-like. The raspberry flavor was very sharp & strong in the palate & finish. You could really taste the fruit & seeds in the finish.

I found this very enjoyable, but would definitely need to split the 750ml bottle with a few others in the future. Split between 1-2 people, it is too sweet. After a glass or two, it becomes overpoweringly sweet...

This was a nice lambic and the first beer my girlfriend actually likes! It poured a nice ruby red color with a small reddish froth on the top that laced a little down the glass. The smell was quite sweet and smelt of the raspberries and not much else. The flavor was quite good with a good dose of lambic tartness and raspberry sweetness. The great carbonation made for a very nice mouthfeel and the dry aftertaste made me want another sip. This was good stuff, no Cantillon but pretty damn good.

Often the source of controversy within beer circles, lambics seem to be divided between adoration and dismissal as "a woman's drink."

Lindemans Framboise features a vibrant, rich red hue with no head retention. What head there is tends to be more fizzy in a soda-like sense than what you are used to seeing on a 'normal' beer.

Taste is astounding. As lambics go, this one is more on the sweet side, without a lot of the sourness. Just the right amount of carbonation (a good bit less than soda), as well. Lovely rich raspberry flavors wash all over your palate.

Deliciously refreshing, I could drink this all day long. Goes down so easily, its like sipping fruit juice. Featuring a low alcohol level as well. Super high drinkability. Absolutely THE perfect beer for people who say they 'dont like beer.'

3.65/5  rDev -5.4%

750 ml bottle capped and corked.
Served in a tulip champagne glass.
As soon as I popped the cork, the raspberry aroma overwhelmed the senses. Poured raspberry color - what else? Nice head retention and lace.
Fruity, sweet, somewhat tart on the back side. Raspberries raspberries and more raspberries.
If sweet punch is your thing, you will love this beer. I must force myself to stay true to the style in rating and just because I don't care for sweet doesn't mean it's bad so I'm trying to score accordingly.
If I ever have another Lambic and have something to compare it to, I might change my rating.
But I doubt it.

3.92/5  rDev +1.6%

The bottle was corked with a foil wrapping on the top of a 0.750 L bottle.

Appearance: The body is crimson/maroon with a 1/2" fuchsia head. The head is very tight with small bubbles.

Smell: It smells like a tart raspberry pie. Very sweet.

Taste: The taste is VERY sweet like a Jolly Rancher candy. It leaves a tart aftertaste, but leaves my mouth wanting more of the sweet raspberry taste.

Mouthfeel: You can feel the carbonation and it's fairly uniform across the top of the tongue - effervescent and refreshing.

Drinkability: I want to have more, but I think I'll switch to something a little less sweeter.

Notes: This beer is very very sweet. I would enjoy it on a hot summer afternoon or possibly as a dessert-type beer. For the style of beer, it does its job very well. I would recommend the bottle for a party of two (my friend and I split it). After half a bottle, I was at the point where I really enjoyed it, but was ready for a change.

3.48/5  rDev -9.8%

Lambics are their own beast. I've never met anyone who was "on the fence" about them. It seems like you either love 'em or hate 'em. Me... I'm on the love side of that fence.

First pour shows an astonishingly dark and deep crimson/pink/rose body with a light and fluffy pink head/lace that simply does NOT fade.

Aromas are a study in contrasts. On the one hand there are all the elements of a classic lambic - the delicate hints of yeast peaking out from beneath the strong, juicy tart fruit. Sadly there is also a slightly crude overly sweet note that has a hint of cough syrup. A lambic should be a study in champagne-like elegance.

Initial taste is lovely, crisp smooth and creamy with that powerful effervescence from the champagne-like carbonation. The yeast and funk are there in the middle of the flavour, though nearly hidden by the combination of the heavy fruits and high acidity. Very fruity - in fact the sweetness of the fruit tends to overwhelm. As one drinks more, in fact, the sweetness becomes rather cloying. I miss the tartness that you find with other lambics, for me this one is a bit too sweet. The finish is clean, leaving little on the tongue afterwards.

A good "girlfriend" beer, or for a single glass with brunch, but not my favorite of the lambics to be honest.

3.65/5  rDev -5.4%

Poured a ruby red color,had a small but distinct head, very tart fresh picked rasberry aroma, first taste was creamy rasberry,which was very nice, second taste I startrd to get a little sourness, which was ok; then by the middle of the glass; a taste I can only describe as rubber bands came in and stayed and wasn't very agrreeable. Probaly will stick with the kriek

4.15/5  rDev +7.5%

Presentation: This was part of a box set with a tall fluted glass and one other bottle of Lindemans Pomme. It was poured from a green capped and corked 355ml bottle into the fluted glass from the box set. The label has a description of the beer but there is no freshness date or abv%.

Appearance: The body has a reddish/violet color and good clarity. (Second glass has a little yeast sediment.) It is also full of bubbly carbonation rushing up to the head. Its head is tall and pink in color. Retention is good as it keeps a thin cap until the last sip. The head also leaves some slick lacing on the glass.

Smell: I get funky yeast with heavy notes of raspberry, astringent white wine and pale tangy malt.

Taste/Palate: Right away I get loads of sweet/tart raspberry and tangy sour wheat notes. Deeper in there are bready and dry sour yeast notes moving in to balance the sweetness. It finishes with semi-crisp sweet/tart mouth puckering character. It feels well carbonated and slick. The carbonation helps to left up and move the beer over the palate. My lips and glass however are a bit sticky.

Notes: I really like the raspberry flavor here. It has some interesting tangy and sour notes with plenty of carbonation to keep it from getting overly cloying. Having said that, I still wouldn't want more than one of these in a sitting.

3.91/5  rDev +1.3%

This was my first lambic. First of all, it was an amazing red with a pink head. I've never seen this in a beer before, and it caught me off guard. It smelled almost like cranberry juice. The taste was not surprising considering the smell. It was tart and not very beer like. It had a bit of sourness in the aftertaste, but was exceptionally drinkable. It paired well with the hot wings I was eating but is probably better for desert than anything else. The bartender gave me a shot of a chocolate stout mixed with this and it was quite delicious. I highly recommend this, but you can only have so many of these.

3.55/5  rDev -8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Presentation: Corked, capped and foiled in a sleek mini 12 oz magnum. No freshness date though most lambics have an extended shelf life.

Appearance: Deep rose in colour with a pinkish lace which stays for the duration.

Smell: Delicate and elegant ... lots of juicy raspberries in the nose. Syrupy and tart at the same time.

Taste: Crisp with a champagne like smoothness that cradles a effervescent body. Fresh raspberry juice like a Jolly-rancher or sweet tart ... very fruity with very vague beer like characteristics. Undertones of barnyard, horse blanket and apple peel flavours get masked much by the acidity. Finishes quite clean ... little in the after taste.

Notes: Very aromatic with lots of sweet tart fruit both in the nose and on the palate. Addictively good if you like syurpy fruit flavours ... a beer I would have at a morning brunch.

4.1/5  rDev +6.2%

12 oz bottle, capped and corked, served at cellar temperature into a goblet on 12-27-03. Pours a deep ruby red with an ambitious head that eventually falls into ring and island lacing. Nose smells exactly like fresh blackberries(yes, blackberries) just picked from my garden in early summer, along with a definite note of musty old tennis shoes. Mouthfeel is TART, berry-like, and has plenty of fizzy carbonation. Taste is boldly sweet and tart, red raspberries here(contrasting the fresh blackberry nose), with a note of grain and sweet malt that balances nicely. I also taste what seems like wild mushrooms(morels) in the background. I haven't seen this described in other reviews, but I'm guessing it's the wild yeasts. Not an unpleasant note by any means, but it's there. I didn't notice this in the Lindemans Kriek, but the "mushrooms in the background" element simply add to the complexity of this very fine Lambic.
More complex than any other fruit Lambic I've had, very tasty, and a very enjoyable experience. Drinkability, obviously, depends on how many you plan to drink. It's a perfect dessert by itself, or as a companion to desert.

4.13/5  rDev +7%

12 ounce, green bottle, comes with a small cork and cap. Pours a lush,muddy and cloudy tone of plum. Reddish tiny bubble head, leaves well articulated lacing. Nose is pure fruity rasberries and hints of cherries. Simple lovely stuff, fresh, complex, tons of fruit sweetness. its crisp, refreshing and all together differant from what we usually associate with "Beer" This is a style that can take a while to warm up to but I'm slowly getting there. Looking foward to more future tasty and interesting Lambic.

4.2/5  rDev +8.8%

Appearance: clear, no head, reddish ruby color

Smell: raspberries

Taste: very raspberry

Mouthfeel: smooth, tart start which gets to be sweet, bubbly, and dry

Drinkability: This is very fruitlike and way easy to drink. It does have the feel of a sparkling wine. I will search for this again with especially when having desserts.

The beer pours a dark red-purple color with a pink head. The aroma is very strong with sweet raspberry. The flavor is raspberry with just the lightest hint of tartness. Medium carbonation and medium mouthfeel. This has nothing in common with other Belgian lambics but as far as fruit beers go, this is a good one.

4.03/5  rDev +4.4%

First of a Lindemans gift pack (along with the Pomme). Poured into the included branded glass.

A lovely deep red raspberry colour, leaving a steady light pink head with terrific patchy lacing.

The nose is fresh raspberries, a touch of tartness, which is great for me because I loves me some raspberries.

A great fruit beer, really enjoyable. The raspberries really pop with that wonderful acidity, making for an astringent puckery finish. Not nearly as tart or acidic as Cantillon, but for me, this was a good thing.

Soda-like carbonation, juicy texture.

Not something I'd drink too often, but I really did enjoy the raspberry flavor - among the better fruit beers I've had. The low ABV would make for a great breakfast or brunch brew. Good stuff.

to view more.