Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

2.5-4.0% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros

Often the source of controversy within beer circles, lambics seem to be divided between adoration and dismissal as "a woman's drink."

Lindemans Framboise features a vibrant, rich red hue with no head retention. What head there is tends to be more fizzy in a soda-like sense than what you are used to seeing on a 'normal' beer.

Taste is astounding. As lambics go, this one is more on the sweet side, without a lot of the sourness. Just the right amount of carbonation (a good bit less than soda), as well. Lovely rich raspberry flavors wash all over your palate.

Deliciously refreshing, I could drink this all day long. Goes down so easily, its like sipping fruit juice. Featuring a low alcohol level as well. Super high drinkability. Absolutely THE perfect beer for people who say they 'dont like beer.'

chOAKbarrell, Dec 25, 2005

pgofman, Dec 02, 2011

Sourgirl714, Jul 03, 2012

Tumble, Feb 28, 2012

rsitarski, Dec 03, 2011

Taste is universally good like candy. I could drink 10 of these. I would if they weren't 6 dollars a bottle. This is like a dessert in itself. Nice strong rasberry smell. Nice thick red apperance with great head retention. my first beer in the style, but I honestly don't think it could be any better than this. Strong rasberry flavor. Tastes champagne fruitesc. Reminds me sort of the stuff my mom gave me as a kid with no alcohol so i could feeel ike part of the group when they had champage on new years.

Great crisp carbonation, like I said I could drink these forever. Too bad they are six dollars for a 12 oz. bottle. However, it was worth it.

This is a beer that the girls and guys can both enjoy. The non beer drinker will also appreciate this beer. It was worth the six dollars.

jasonjlewis, Aug 10, 2006

I will start off by saying that this stuff must be made from magic forest elves, because it is otherworldly in its deliciousness.

A: Beautiful raspberry red/brown color with a foamy pinkish head. Somewhat cloudy/difficult to see through.

S: I wish my house smelled like this stuff and I wish I could bathe in it. It really is something special. While 90% of the smell is overwhelmingly sweet raspberry, the other 10% on the back end smells like a sour, yeasty, complex, and sultry beer.

T: A smack in the face of raspberry, which I happen to love. Tastes like raspberries at the height of their season. I would love to try this beer reduced as the syrup for peach melba, but I can't seem to not just drink it. It is far superior to the other flavors offered by Lindemans, which says a lot since they are also delicious. Similarly to the smell, the raspberry dominates but the sour, funky, complex flavor of the lambic comes through as well. I would say 70% raspberry and 30% beer. The wonderful sour beer flavor and light alcohol is the last thing you taste about a minute after drinking.

M: Feels like a party in my mouth from the fizzy carbonation. It's just on the edge of feeling like a soda. Heavy carbonation, but not too much. The syrupy coating texture takes the fizz off right after pouring into the mouth. The coating properties make it so the taste sticks around long after the swallow.

D: While I WANT to drink these by the caseload, it is hard to drink more than one because of the intense, sweet flavor. I tried to give it less than 5 for drinkability, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. This beer deserves its A+ from me. Drinking more than a couple of these is difficult and will burn your tongue out for anything else consumed that day. I recall doing a beer tasting with friends and drinking this beer too soon in it. Nothing else tasted right after that. This is a "finishing" beer.

Jemonster, May 08, 2010

Evan_Almighty2, Aug 31, 2014

JKForbes, Feb 11, 2012

sonicman768, Feb 12, 2012

Poured into a tall Lindemans champagne style glass... nice.

Incredible purple color with a nice full pillowy pink head and very active carbonation ... yeah, I'm man enough to drink it. Intense tart raspberry fruit aroma and flavor with just a subtle wild lambic yeast character underneath. Medium bodied but very airy at the same time.

An awesome appertif or dessert beer... also, one I use for people who always say "I hate beer and won't drink any kind". 100% success rate in changing peoples minds.

Per Label: "Local Barley, Unmalted Wheat, Wild Yeast" & "Lambic Aged in Oak and Raspberries Added Creating Second Fermentation"

($12.95 / 12 oz / 355 ml Small Green Champagne Style bottle - Parish Cafe in Boston, MA)

(25.4 oz / 750 ml Green Champagne Style Bottle -- corked, capped, and wrapped with dark red raspberry colored foil)
(M. Izurieta)

RBorsato, Oct 04, 2005

This is getting out of control! Between fruit and bottles, people are beginning to talk. Well, let 'em, because The CANQuest (TM) is ramping back up.

From the bottle: "Lindemans Framboise is a lambic made from local barley, unmalted wheat, and wild yeast. After spontaneous fermentation[,] raspberries are added, creating a secondary fermentation and yielding a beer of exceptional flavor and complexity."

This is probably one of the most beautiful beers that I have ever encountered! It pours with a lovely finger of fuchsia head with great retention. Color is a pretty beet-red with NE-quality clarity. Nose smells of real raspberries, not esters developed in a laboratory. Raspberries have an inherent tartness that imparts itself well in both beer and wine. This smell reminded me of my late paternal grandmother's backyard red raspberry bush that yielded wonderful fruit when I was growing up. Mouthfeel was soft, bubbly and the fruit flavor was tremendous! I could close my eyes and imagine having pie or preserves. The tartness was a welcome treat on a hot, humid summer afternoon, quenching any existing thirst. Finish was tart, raspberry and simply delicious. I would not recommend an entire bottle by yourself, but shared or a glass on-tap is phenomenal. I have seen it used to tremendous success in foods, especially desserts. This is simply a wonderful fruit beer.

woodychandler, Aug 01, 2012