Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,520 | Reviews: 1,006

Often the source of controversy within beer circles, lambics seem to be divided between adoration and dismissal as "a woman's drink."

Lindemans Framboise features a vibrant, rich red hue with no head retention. What head there is tends to be more fizzy in a soda-like sense than what you are used to seeing on a 'normal' beer.

Taste is astounding. As lambics go, this one is more on the sweet side, without a lot of the sourness. Just the right amount of carbonation (a good bit less than soda), as well. Lovely rich raspberry flavors wash all over your palate.

Deliciously refreshing, I could drink this all day long. Goes down so easily, its like sipping fruit juice. Featuring a low alcohol level as well. Super high drinkability. Absolutely THE perfect beer for people who say they 'dont like beer.'

The fruity aromatics of this delicious framboise is soothing to the pallet and the soul. Try this beer on its own or with a delicious slice of chocolate cake.

I am not a fan beer in general but I have realized raspberry flavored beer are more for me. It is sweet and delicious. It has a brilliant red/pink color with a vibrant sweet aroma of raspberry and other fruit. When tasting this it is soft, sweet and a hint of tanginess at the end. The sweetness of this beer is not overwhelming in any sense.

Taste is universally good like candy. I could drink 10 of these. I would if they weren't 6 dollars a bottle. This is like a dessert in itself. Nice strong rasberry smell. Nice thick red apperance with great head retention. my first beer in the style, but I honestly don't think it could be any better than this. Strong rasberry flavor. Tastes champagne fruitesc. Reminds me sort of the stuff my mom gave me as a kid with no alcohol so i could feeel ike part of the group when they had champage on new years.

Great crisp carbonation, like I said I could drink these forever. Too bad they are six dollars for a 12 oz. bottle. However, it was worth it.

This is a beer that the girls and guys can both enjoy. The non beer drinker will also appreciate this beer. It was worth the six dollars.

I will start off by saying that this stuff must be made from magic forest elves, because it is otherworldly in its deliciousness.

A: Beautiful raspberry red/brown color with a foamy pinkish head. Somewhat cloudy/difficult to see through.

S: I wish my house smelled like this stuff and I wish I could bathe in it. It really is something special. While 90% of the smell is overwhelmingly sweet raspberry, the other 10% on the back end smells like a sour, yeasty, complex, and sultry beer.

T: A smack in the face of raspberry, which I happen to love. Tastes like raspberries at the height of their season. I would love to try this beer reduced as the syrup for peach melba, but I can't seem to not just drink it. It is far superior to the other flavors offered by Lindemans, which says a lot since they are also delicious. Similarly to the smell, the raspberry dominates but the sour, funky, complex flavor of the lambic comes through as well. I would say 70% raspberry and 30% beer. The wonderful sour beer flavor and light alcohol is the last thing you taste about a minute after drinking.

M: Feels like a party in my mouth from the fizzy carbonation. It's just on the edge of feeling like a soda. Heavy carbonation, but not too much. The syrupy coating texture takes the fizz off right after pouring into the mouth. The coating properties make it so the taste sticks around long after the swallow.

D: While I WANT to drink these by the caseload, it is hard to drink more than one because of the intense, sweet flavor. I tried to give it less than 5 for drinkability, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. This beer deserves its A+ from me. Drinking more than a couple of these is difficult and will burn your tongue out for anything else consumed that day. I recall doing a beer tasting with friends and drinking this beer too soon in it. Nothing else tasted right after that. This is a "finishing" beer.

Poured into a tall Lindemans champagne style glass... nice.

Incredible purple color with a nice full pillowy pink head and very active carbonation ... yeah, I'm man enough to drink it. Intense tart raspberry fruit aroma and flavor with just a subtle wild lambic yeast character underneath. Medium bodied but very airy at the same time.

An awesome appertif or dessert beer... also, one I use for people who always say "I hate beer and won't drink any kind". 100% success rate in changing peoples minds.

Per Label: "Local Barley, Unmalted Wheat, Wild Yeast" & "Lambic Aged in Oak and Raspberries Added Creating Second Fermentation"

($12.95 / 12 oz / 355 ml Small Green Champagne Style bottle - Parish Cafe in Boston, MA)

(25.4 oz / 750 ml Green Champagne Style Bottle -- corked, capped, and wrapped with dark red raspberry colored foil)
(M. Izurieta)

This is getting out of control! Between fruit and bottles, people are beginning to talk. Well, let 'em, because The CANQuest (TM) is ramping back up.

From the bottle: "Lindemans Framboise is a lambic made from local barley, unmalted wheat, and wild yeast. After spontaneous fermentation[,] raspberries are added, creating a secondary fermentation and yielding a beer of exceptional flavor and complexity."

This is probably one of the most beautiful beers that I have ever encountered! It pours with a lovely finger of fuchsia head with great retention. Color is a pretty beet-red with NE-quality clarity. Nose smells of real raspberries, not esters developed in a laboratory. Raspberries have an inherent tartness that imparts itself well in both beer and wine. This smell reminded me of my late paternal grandmother's backyard red raspberry bush that yielded wonderful fruit when I was growing up. Mouthfeel was soft, bubbly and the fruit flavor was tremendous! I could close my eyes and imagine having pie or preserves. The tartness was a welcome treat on a hot, humid summer afternoon, quenching any existing thirst. Finish was tart, raspberry and simply delicious. I would not recommend an entire bottle by yourself, but shared or a glass on-tap is phenomenal. I have seen it used to tremendous success in foods, especially desserts. This is simply a wonderful fruit beer.

This beer tastes like a $10 rasberry wine cooler AND got me beat up. But that is what I expected. So. OMG. SO good!!! The appearance was like a pinkish red beer. Smelled like rasberry. Tasted like the aforementioned wine cooler. Clean sweet finish. Felt so refreshing in my mouthfeel. Overall I would give it a 10 if I could. Best rasberry flemish beer I have EVER had!

Wow! Have you ever tasted Framboise as a wine? There isn't really that much difference! Color is a hazy ruby red with the aroma of raspberries. The taste has a slight tart/sweetness with a big raspberry after taste that just lingers & lingers on the palate for a long time. I fact, as I write this review, it has been at least an hour and I've still have the after taste in my mouth. I love the wine, but the beer is at least equal in quality, flavor & aroma. Wow! Number one beer from Belgium for me! By far best fruit beer on the market!

I give this beer a 5, but it's not really beer. It's raspberry malty champagne that is pure heaven. Extraordinarily strong aroma, but wonderful.

A - Red with small amount of head, and pink lacing.

S - Raspberries, raspberries and lots of raspberries.

T - Tart taste of raspberries with a little sweetness. Exactly what is expected of lambic.

M - Light with adequate carbonation. Makes it feel like sparkling wine.

D - Very good since it is only 4% and light in composition.

4.97/5  rDev +28.8%

Is this beer??? My tastes lie in the chocolate/nut/coffee category, but on a reccomendation I tried this beer. I can't really add anything more to what has been said about this beer, but I kept trying to figure out what it reminded me of. I couldn't keep saying rasberry champagne, yet that was a lot what it was like. Beautiful burgandy/merlot color with fizzle bubbles up the sides. I did pour it into a tulip glass, can't remember, was that correct? The smell was fresh picked rasberries. But the taste was described, finally, by another reviewer, they pegged it as koolaid without sugar. Yet it was sweet. But not too much so. Very smooth to drink. Tart, but not. Lingered on your lips too. And as it looks like everyone agrees, at $5.99 a bottle, it kicked! Glad I went with this one. A very special treat. I know what I'm giving for Christmas...

4.95/5  rDev +28.2%

Appearance: Crystal-clear ruby color with a small pink (!) head, fast rising champagne-like carbonation and thick, glass-coating lace.

Aroma: Absolutely profound aroma of freshly-picked raspberries and cream with an ancillary musty, sour note, possibly an artifact of the lambic process.

Taste: Sharp, tangy, mouth-watering juicy raspberries dominate with an underlying tart, sour note. Finishes with a slightly musty note and a fairly strong wave of alcohol.

Mouth feel: Smooth and very full, almost syrupy, with a distinct puckering quality from the tart and sour flavors.

Drinkability/notes: An utterly superb lambic. Words fail to convey the grandeur of this spectacular beer. This is most assuredly not a session beer, rather it shines as an aperitif or dessert selection and will dazzle the ladies. Thanks to BA Hardtarget for sharing this wonderful beer.

4.92/5  rDev +27.5%

12 oz bottle. Pours a deed crimson red, with a pink tinged head that recedes slowly. Smell of raspberries is strong, and just a hint of yeast. Taste is the sweet/sour flavor of raspberries. Mediium body and moderate carbonation. So far this is the best lambic that I have tasted. I love everything about it!

4.92/5  rDev +27.5%

The beer pours a red raspberry color with a frothy white head that fades to lacing. This is a beautiful looking beer. The aroma is of ripened red raspberries with a sour twist; very enticing. The taste is the same. The raspberry flavor overpowers you. The sour zing only intensifies the positives of this brew. This the best tasting beer I have ever had. It's like drinking candy. The mouthfeel is excellant; just the right amount of carbonation. This is a light bodied beer that is extremely smooth. It drinks very well. If it wasn't so expensive I could easily drink a gallon of it.

4.92/5  rDev +27.5%

This beer poured with a frothy pink head and a rich burgundy color. Perfect mouthfeel. Rich taste of raspberries with quite a bit of tartness. Shared a bottle with my brother and absolutely loved it. I just don't have enough superlatives to attach to this one. Simply wonderful.

4.92/5  rDev +27.5%

Got the Lambic Framboise on-tap at dba in Nawlins. Served in a tall 8 oz. glass. An expensive drink, but worth it.

Pours a red-maroon color off the tap. Looked almost like a red pop. Didn't taste like it though.

A fruity smell, with a lot there. Some raspberries; a great smell.

Taste - awesome; just a great taste; sweetness and sourness; a good mix of both with a little bit of wine taste

Mouthfeel - goes down great

Drinkability - tried sipping on the beer for a while to really enjoy the taste, but I kept wanting more; could definitely drink a few glasses of this in a night

4.92/5  rDev +27.5%

This is probably the tastiest thing I've ever put in my mouth.

Tastes like a Juice Squeeze with a faint malty aftertaste that let's you know that it's got some alcohol in it. Tangy and fantastic. Great in tiny sips that you let float around your mouth for a while before swallowing. Impossible for me to get drunk off of because I drink it so slowly. I like this beer cold, around 40-45 degrees F.

4.87/5  rDev +26.2%

I'm reviewing this simultaneously with the New Glarus Raspberry Tart, raspberry vs. raspberry.

The Fram-bwaz pours a darker, thinner raspberry color than the New Glarus, with a nice pink head and pretty good lacing. My girlfriend is squealing in delight.

The Lindemans smells incredible, of very fresh raspberries, as opposed to the Raspberry Tart's candied fruit, with an underlying yeast funkiness that complements the raspberry's tartness well. Taste is along the same lines, intense fresh raspberry flavor, with some yeasty hijinks going on in the background. They go together surprisingly well. The mouthfeel is fizzy, like sparkling grape juice. This is a fun beer.

I've heard many people say that Lindemans is the candy, bullshit version of lambics, and that real ones are sourer. This is my first lambic, so I can't really review this in style, but against New Glarus' Raspberry Tart, it stands up quite well.

I had this with some cheddar cheese, and it really makes the cheese taste great, for an instant almost like mustard.

4.86/5  rDev +25.9%

This is an exceptional Lambic from Belgium. It has a wonderful Raspberry aroma, and a taste of Heaven. Pour it in a snifter and take your time enjoying every last drop. It's quite expensive but well worth it. A great pairing to a fine chocolate dessert or something made with Marscapone cheese. Cheers!

4.85/5  rDev +25.6%

I've had this several times before, but this is the first time reviewing.

If there is a quintessential raspberry lambic beer, this has got to be it.

The beer pours a beautiful reddish purple into an oversized wine glass. It looks like liquid raspberries. A nice layer of mauve colored foam caps this beer, and remains throughout the glass.

The aroma is unbelieveable. It smells like a bowl of fresh picked raspberries. Sweet, tangy, fresh. My mouth is watering.

The taste doesn't disappoint. It really blows me away. Surprisingly, it's not nearly as sweet as one would expect. It reminds me of fresh pressed raspberries, freshly picked and juiced. Someone has finally figured out how to capture fresh fruit in a liquid form.

Mouthfeel is fairly carbonated, and tingles the tongue. The tartness comes through and cleans the palate nicely after each sip.

Overall, extremely drinkable. This is not a style of beer that I could sit and drink all afternoon, however as an apertif or with dessert it doesn't get much better.

Absolutely phenomenal lambic and very highly recommended. Granted, lambics are quite different than other styles of beers, so you should drink these with that in mind.

4.85/5  rDev +25.6%

I've never had an actual Lambic before, so I had no idea what to expect.

Poured a deep, ruby red with a bright pink bubbly head

Smells of cider and raspberries

Tastes like the same. Almost like a sparkling juice with a bit of alcohol on the tongue. Very tart finish.

Full mouthfeel with lots of carbonation

Very refreshing beer. Would make for a wonderful dessert beer to share with a partner.

4.85/5  rDev +25.6%

They have this on tap at Redbones...I had three the other night.

This beer pours a deep dark garnet color, no head. It is chock full of sweet/tart raspeberry flavor. The balance is perfect, not too tart, but not too sweet.

This is a premium session beer for me...I have nicknamed it Belgiam Kool-aid. No disrespect for this one, I call it that due to the outstanding taste and very high drinkability.

Yes, this is a beer I can drink all night, I had two other beers, and their mouthfeel didn't even come close to this one.

A real treat I love, outstanding!

pat

4.85/5  rDev +25.6%

Love it, beer drinker but this one is an +A

4.84/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is the beer that really turned me onto sours. I consider this one of the best buys for Lambics.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans