Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
Reviews: 979 | Hads: 2,543
4.22/5  rDev +6.6%

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Good representation of a Belgian sour. Here goes:

A: Pours a cloudy velvet. Virtually no head or lacing. OK, I guess.

S: Very sublime. Lots of raspberries; very tart.

T: Very, very good. Sourness makes the lips pucker; very full-bodied, fruity goodness. Lots of cherries and raspberries.

F: alright, can't complain.

O: A great brew. Classic representation of a very popular Belgian style. (437 characters)

3.94/5  rDev -0.5%

Mostly clear, deep, dark, reddish purple, like a cut garnet, with pink-yogurt colored head, of weak retention. Smells like raspberries, alright. More so raspberry syrup than fresh berries. Super sweet! Raspberry for sure, but undercurrent of apple. Most sour/tart beer I've had to date (my first lambic, although I've had other "sour" beer styles). So puckering, it constricts the mouth, giving a false sense of astringency. Takes a brief while to get used to, but tartness does mellow out on the palate. Sticky throughout. Sparkling cider- or champagne-like feel, lighter end of medium in body but very heavy in sudsy carbonation, and yet still slightly tingly. (662 characters)

4.1/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

It tastes good, but as a desert beer I can't consider it a beer. My friends who truly hate beer enjoyed it, saying it was almost like a champagne/wine cooler. Easy to drink and a crowd pleaser for *most* women (excluding me, I prefer more classic beer). (253 characters)

4.36/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

nearly Opaque Garnet with purplish white head. Intense aroma of raspberries. Taste of tart raspberries. Mouthfeel is nearly weightless, decently carbonated . Ridiculously easy to drink but doesn't seem like beer. (212 characters)

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is a desert beer, which I am almost unsure if you could call it a beer. Maybe since I have never had a Lambic before this I am just not in the know, but this was really pushing the limits of what I consider beer. This would be much closer to a wine cooler or something. It was extremely sweet, with some sour/tart bite on the back end, and a nice amount of carbonation.

That being said, it was pretty good. I don't even normally like Raspberry in my beers at all, but this was the best I have ever had. You can only drink one though due to the sweetness. It is more like a treat than something you would sit back and drink on for any period of time.

Would drink again. Don't know if I would purchase again though. Also, the waiter mentioned that they have a Green Apple one as well. Would be interested in trying that as well. Maybe next time. (851 characters)

4.15/5  rDev +4.8%

Delicious. No it's not an imperial stout, base it off of what you're getting, a wild fruit ale. The flavor profile could have more going on, but drinking this with fettuccine Alfredo out of a stemmed wine glass was awesome. (225 characters)

4.13/5  rDev +4.3%

A: Dark purple, thick foamy head that dissipates somewhat quickly

S: WOW. amazing dessert raspberry syrup nose. highlight of this beer

T: Sweet, strong raspberry, a bit one dimensional, no complexity of flavor, but still quite good

F: Sticky, juicy, not like most beer

O: Drinks like a dessert beer, maybe good for a summer afternoon as well. Amazing raspberry nose and flavor, but not much else going on here. (414 characters)

3.88/5  rDev -2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I enjoyed this beer a lot more than I thought I would!
The color was nice and it left a pleasant taste after finishing.
This would be the perfect lambic for after a meal. The raspberry taste reminded me of dessert and I will definitely be buying this again. (258 characters)

3.85/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

37.5 cl bottle. 15 Jul 2016. Deep burgundy colour with a frothy, pale pink head, which settled to a ring and left some excellent lacing. Aroma of raspberries, vanilla and some toffee. Medium sweetness and tartness do battle over your taste buds. Medium bodied, smooth texture with some fizz and a dry finish. One for people who need more fruit in their diet. (358 characters)

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This lambic gets a really bad rap from beer geeks, and I don't know why. After dinner with a friend, I cracked a bottle of this, and had some fresh raspberries. The flavor is dead on. (183 characters)

3.84/5  rDev -3%

Refreshing raspberry beer. Nice deep maroon beer with a pink head. Smells like raspberry syrup to me but maybe I don't know what fresh raspberries smell like. Taste is sweet and refreshing but not overly so. Don't taste much alcohol. Mouth feel is on point. Overall 4.0. (270 characters)

I am not a fan beer in general but I have realized raspberry flavored beer are more for me. It is sweet and delicious. It has a brilliant red/pink color with a vibrant sweet aroma of raspberry and other fruit. When tasting this it is soft, sweet and a hint of tanginess at the end. The sweetness of this beer is not overwhelming in any sense. (342 characters)

4.25/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Corked bottle poured into antique bier glass

Reddish brown with good carbonation, pinkish red frothy two finger head settles into a creamy, solid layer of reddish foam. Some lacings.

Aroma is like opening a carton of raspberries fresh from the supermarket. Hints of cherries and chocolate

Sweet, tart, raspberries, cherries. Does not taste like a beer, more like a raspberry soft drink.

Low sudsing, thirst quenching tartness.

Very good. A change up style of beer. I could see sitting in an outdoor cafe on a warm summer day enjoying several of these. (559 characters)

4.03/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

L:
-pours a clear deep red
S:
-mostly raspberry,cherry,vanilla,slight oak
T:
-Follows the nose plus a slight tartness
O:
Pretty good,not as sugary as other Lindemans (165 characters)

4.46/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

The best of the Lambic style - hands down. It is like drinking a raspberry lemonade (without the lemon part). Very low ABV, so a good choice for my designated driver. (166 characters)

3.37/5  rDev -14.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

The beer in general is very sweet and syrupy of artificial raspberry, not even jam. Lacking in tart quality and depth, this is a beginner brew, but unsatisfying for most. (171 characters)

3.77/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Dark pink with a brown tinge and a pinkish white foam. Smells of sweetness and raspberry purée. Yup, tastes like raspberry. But the taste finishes with a slight tartness, vinegar and a oaky red wine. But overall this is way too sweet for me. Finishes surprisingly clean from the sweetness. I feel like I'm supposed to love this because I love belgian beer, but I just don't. However, if you mix framboise with Hoegaarden you get what's called a "dirty hoe" and that is a nice refreshing beer cocktail. (503 characters)

4.24/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the Homegrown Brewhouse in Summerville, SC for Valentines Day. The perfect after-dinner drink for my wife and I, and an excellent companion to the chocolaty Russian Imperial Stout that I've been sipping. Pours in to a 6 oz snifter with an opaque, beet-red hue and 2 fingers of cranberry-cream foam. Quite a sexy looking drink. The soapy lacing and foamy collar add to the allure. The intense fresh raspberry aroma is sweet and tart. A little floral too, with a bit of sour citric character. The flavor is packed with a potent raspberry-candy fruit tartness. The delicious raspberry sugar sweetness is backed by a nice yeasty, malted grain base, reminding you that it is indeed a beer. Suggestions of clove make a subtle appearance, but ultimately the aftertaste is reminiscent of tart raspberry preserves. With a medium body and tame carbonation, it's easy and light, but not thin. Indeed it's a great complimentary texture to the distinct flavors. Personally, I'm not much of a "fruit" beer guy, but this one has always had a place in my repertoire. I enjoy this experience from time to time, and there isn't much I would change about Lindemans Framboise. Excellent dessert beer, or compliment to a host of savory dishes. Split a bottle with your lady instead of wine or champagne. It's delicious! (1,308 characters)

3.8/5  rDev -4%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Not a huge lambic fan, but I'm trying to open up to them. In truth my real goal is to continue finding beers my fiancee will actually drink so she'll be more enthused when I drag her places. And what do you know? She'll actually drink this lambic, so success. For my tastes, it's alright. I imagine I'll continue trying a variety of lambics (340 characters)

3.02/5  rDev -23.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

The Mother in law loves this stuff. So when I bring over my good beer I have to bring over some framboise. It's too fruity for me but does go well with dessert. It's crisp, refreshing and a great flavored alternative (216 characters)

The fruity aromatics of this delicious framboise is soothing to the pallet and the soul. Try this beer on its own or with a delicious slice of chocolate cake. (158 characters)

4.45/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours ruby red with pinkish foamy head. Smells like raspberry extract. Tastes like a sour raspberry gummy, very tart. I love sour candy and this is very similar. (161 characters)

3.54/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

If you have never had a Lambic, you should try one. They are so refreshing, sweet but not over sweet
I found this one to be crisp, sweet yet had a degree of dryness at the end that made the beer very interesting. (213 characters)

4.1/5  rDev +3.5%

750 ml bottle into tulip glass, bottled on 4/7/2014. Pours slightly hazy dark ruby red color with a 2 finger dense dark pink head with good retention, that reduces to a small cap that lingers. Nice spotty soapy lacing clings around the glass, with some moderate streaming carbonation retaining the head. Aromas of big tart and sweet raspberry, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness. Very nice aromas with big authentic raspberry fruit presence, candi sugar sweetness, and light earthy yeast notes; with great strength. Taste of big sweet and tart raspberry, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness. Good amount of fruity/earthy tartness on the finish; with lingering notes of tart/sweet raspberries, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness on the finish for a while. Damn nice robustness and balance of big authentic raspberry fruit presence, candi sugar sweetness, and light earthy yeast flavors; with a great sweetness/tartness balance and zero cloying sweetness after the finish. Medium-high carbonation and body; with a very smooth, fairly crisp, and lightly syrupy/acidic mouthfeel that is nice. Alcohol is well hidden with zero warming present after the finish as expected of 2.5%. Overall this is an excellent sweetened fruit lambic style. All around great robustness and balance of authentic raspberries, candi sugar, and light earthy yeast flavors; and very smooth and crisp to drink. A very enjoyable and flavorful sessionable offering. (1,604 characters)

4.38/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 750mL bottle into a Lindemans flute glass. Purchased in Providence, RI.

Pours a bright maroon body with a light purple, fluffy head that reduces slowly to leave thick lacing and nice retention.

Strong raspberry aroma, not much more than a super forward berry smell that I can't help but love. Extremely inviting so far.

Taste is big raspberry-cherry flavors, pretty sweet with a light tartness on the finish. Aftertaste is syrupy berries. Mouthfeel is light, crisp, refreshing, and extremely drinkable.

I'm a sucker for Lindeman's fruited lambics as they are extremely bold, and I love fruit and berry flavors. They really balance the right amount of sweetness with tartness and are extremely drinkable.

Lindeman's Frambois and Kreik are alway a nice treat! (781 characters)

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans