Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2,442 | Reviews: 985
3.6/5  rDev -6.7%

Pours dark red with a light mauve head.
Nose shows raspberries and little else. Pretty one-dimensional but nice. Pretty much like sticking your nose in a jar of raspberry jam.
Flavours are better, showing some funky notes and a refreshing acidic bite in the finish. Still dominated by raspberry. A bit too sweet for me.
Nice high carbonation.

4.25/5  rDev +10.1%

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

4.69/5  rDev +21.5%

Appearance – A very dark red color with a pink head that sticks around as a thin layer for a long time. Pretty good lacing.

Smell – Raspberry all the way. Kind of sweet, with an intriguing hint of sourness. I like it!

Taste – A sweet raspberry flavor with just the right touch of sour. While many reviewers feel this is too sweet, I think it's a great compliment to the sourness. This is how a great lambic tastes in my opinion.

Mouthfeel – Kind of a fine champagne feel (not taste), with a mild sour bite and a mild lingering sour aftertaste.

Drinkability – Incredibly drinkable. Far better than most other lambics I’ve tried that are too sour for me.

I bumped the overall score down a quarter point because it could use a little more alcohol, but I look forward to trying their Kriek Cuvée René at 6% abv (if I can ever find it).

3.92/5  rDev +1.6%

Poured into a flute glass at iTap in Soulard, St. Louis, MO

Pours a nice ruby red color with a pink head that is nice and dense. Slightly clear beer with some nice bright notes.

Aroma of raspberries and raspberry pure. Tart fruit juice notes with some nice refreshing sweet notes. Typical of what was expected. Nice sweet fruit with slight tart notes.

Taste is of sweet fruit and raspberry pure. Nice tartness notes and and a chalky belgian yeast note. Very refreshing and easy to drink. The raspberry notes are delicious and sweet with some nice finishing tartness. Mouthfeel is good and crisp with a nice drying and puckering tartness.

Good beer. One of the classic fruit Lambics out there. VEry accessible and delicious.

2.5/5  rDev -35.2%

4.1/5  rDev +6.2%

So I grabbed this on a whim at the store the other day, totally not knowing what to expect. I have a tendency to avoid Belgian beers, as I am not a huge fan of dubbels or tripels and have not had good experiences with them. While this is my own fault for not trying more, whatever. I grabbed a sixer of porter and this, just to give it a whirl.

I did make sure to do some research on Lambics before I popped this one, so I would know a little bit about what to expect. I am glad I did. Poured from the bottle into a Boulevard tulip.

Appearance - Pours a beautiful cloudy deep red color with a reddish pink two finger head that dissipates quickly. Almost looks like champagne. Leaves a little bit of lacing. Such an impressive color.

Smell - Raspberries dominate the nose front and back, side to side. All over, 360 degree raspberry smell. Not that it is a problem. I smelled this beer when I popped the cork, from a couple feet away. Nice.

Taste - Again, raspberries. There is a hint of maybe some wheat in the middle, then a nice sour pop at the end to kind of balance the sweetness. So incredibly unique. There is certainly some sourness to it, it's not just raspberries.

Mouthfeel - Pretty fizzy, almost like a flavored soda. Mountain Dew Code Red, except with raspberries. The finish is sour and pretty dry, although there is some lingering sickly sweetness to it.

Overall - A very unique brew. One of the few craft brews my wife actually liked. It has its place and its purpose, and while I certainly wouldn't see myself drinking this regularly, I would drink it again given the right circumstances. It is absolutely worth a try once.

4.25/5  rDev +10.1%

2.06/5  rDev -46.6%

Someone brought this bottle over awhile back, finally decided to bite the bullet and pop it. Initial aroma makes me instantly question my decision.

Dark red body yields tons of white head. Great retention; sticky lace. Honestly gorgeous for a lambic.

Unfortunately there are more qualities to this beer than appearance. And my god is that smell offensive. Strong aroma of fruit extract blended with cherry & raspberry cough syrup. Abhorrent.

Taste is much better, but still not good. Way overly sweet; tastes like a liquified Jolly Rancher. Sugary, fake fruits dominate. Please god, make it end.

The sad truth is that this is what most people think of when mention the word Lambic. My usual response is this: "Lindemans is to Lambics as Chef Boyardee is to Italian Food." I stand by this assertion.

4.75/5  rDev +23.1%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans