Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

2.5-4.0% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
4.13/5  rDev +7.3%

My wife has always liked this and I finely tried it.

Wow! What a beautiful full pink head (don't say that often).

And that taste, it reminds me immediately of raspberry ice cream.

And that smell, again the raspberry ice cream.

No wonder she likes it.

Ice cream aside, I normally shy away from fruity (girly) beers but this has opened me up a bit. Aside from being a wea bit on the sweat side this was a really good brew. A dessert beer.

SickBrew, Sep 03, 2008
4.45/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Wow. My 1st lambic and I am VERY pleased. Although it tastes more like shnapps than beer, I am young and still have quite a large sweet-tooth. I was surprised to find a cork and had to teach myself to use a corkscrew

A- Poured a few sips into a glass to gather appearance. Looks like carbonated raspberry juice with a ring of head.

S- Smells like... Raspberries! what a surprise.

T- I couldn't even detect alcohol. Lot's of raspberry sweetness and tartness with a decent malt backbone. The yeast adds a fruity flavor :D

M- Medium sticky-slicky body like syrupy fruit juice

D- Too rich and sticky for something to session.

EnojysAnyBeer, Aug 27, 2008
3.93/5  rDev +2.1%

Deep opaque garnet in appearance, quick splash of fizzy pink head that subsides quickly.

The aroma is a rewarding bouquet of fresh raspberries, plain and simple, with just a hint of yeast to be discerned.

The flavour is lively with a small amount of barley present, but the star of the show all the way through is a massive dose of fresh raspberries, both tart and sweet, and comes to a mouth puckering finish. It's jam in a glass, and I mean that in a good way.

Mouthfeel is light, a bit sticky along the finish and aftertaste.

I really enjoyed this lambic, perhaps because I'm also a fan of raspberries, but it works for me.

IronDjinn, Aug 24, 2008
4.3/5  rDev +11.7%

Appearance - I can't seem to find anything really wrong with it. A dark rouge color with a bubbly pink head of about a two finger length. Looks kinda like barqs red cream soda.

Smell - Definitely sweet raspberrys all the way. Some what acidic too. Very strong in the nose and it doesn't hold back at all.

Taste & Mouthfeel - Once again it's all raspberry with a sweet tart that fades in behind it. Very heavy in the body with a syrupy texture. A little one sided.

Drinkability - Too sweet for my taste. This one should be paired up with a dessert, and drink it with a partner because a bomber is too sweet for one person. An enjoyable experience to come back to from time to time.

ryrust5301, Aug 21, 2008
3.9/5  rDev +1.3%

A: The reddish purple liquid is very attractive in the class with a moderate white head with hints of purple.

S: The raspberries hit you right away; it smells a little to sweet for me but if you like the smell of raspberries this will make you happy.

T: I liked it, I had it sitting in a hot tub on vacation (anything is good in that situation) The carbonation and the sweetness play well together and is a very drinkable beverage especially in the summer.

M: I get a lot of the carbonation and this has its own unique mouth feel. It is good but be prepared for the sharp bite with the first sip.

D: This is a a very good sipping brew, can I have more then one, yes, would I go much beyond that second probably not. I am looking forward to trying this with a molten chocolate cake. I bet that would work well.

LBIguard, Aug 18, 2008
3.8/5  rDev -1.3%

Had this one in Bloomington at nay nay's

While I don't usually like fruity brews this one was awesome. The raspberry actually added to the the candy-sweetness of the Belgian Ale. Taste was raspberry and wheat and candy sugars. Smell was Raspberry tart. Appearance was pretty nice. Nice head retention and lots of lacing. Mouthfeel was pretty full. Drinkablity is up there but one glass is enough for me. If I liked fruity beers this brew would have a perfect score.

baos, Aug 16, 2008
4.1/5  rDev +6.5%

I have had this one many times, but finally decided to review it as I am drinking one with my girl. Here goes:

A- Purpleish pinkish color, very clear. Head is 1" in my Lindeman's glass and is a nice pink color. This is a gorgeous brew!

S- I really don't know what else to say here but raspberry all up in my nose! It is so fruity and sweet; just a tad of funk. I could smell this one all day long. Too bad Lindeman's don't make air fresheners.

T- Nice and sour up front. The sour fades pretty quickly to the sweetness of the fruit. The raspberry donminates, but the sourness throws hints of lemons at you too.

M- Light to medium in the mouth and high carbonation.

D- To be so damn sweet, this beer drinks well. I really like this one to share a bottle with someone, but couldn't drink it all by myself. A while ago, this beer was my first framboise. It still holds a place in my fridge anytime.

MMAJYK, Aug 09, 2008
4.22/5  rDev +9.6%

GLASS: Pint Glass
TEMP: Chilled to approx 38 degrees

Pours a dark translucent red. Tiny pinkish head. Minimal retention. Great lacing.

Smell is sweet raspberries. Not much else here at all.

Sweet raspberries hit your tongue, hard. Fresh flavor, not artificial. Slight tartness follows and then finishes nicely sweet.

Great mouthfeel with just about perfect carbonation. Nice and creamy.

I find this to be the most balanced of all of the Lindemans fruit lambics. It is also highly drinkable, for a dessert beer, or anytime.
Enjoy!

coldmeat23, Jul 27, 2008
4.15/5  rDev +7.8%

Pours a cranberry red with a fizzy pinkish head.

Smells of pure raspberries, and not much else. You get a hint of sweetness at best.

Flavor is great for the style. Like biting into a fresh raspberry, with carbonation playing on your tongue and helping to cleanse the palate. Slight sourness at the end and even a little mild bitter bite (funny enough, like a raspberry seed).

This is a grand-slam for a dessert beer. Some dark chocolate --- anything chocolate for that matter -- with this would be terrific. Would also work well with peach cobbler. Nothing over sweet or cloying here.

Very easy to drink this stuff down, almost to the point where it is more of a tart raspberry soda rather than a brew.

OtherShoe2, Jul 27, 2008
2.8/5  rDev -27.3%

12 oz glass bottle into glass goblet

A--Deep plum, 100% opaque. Looks like donated blood. Frothy dark pink head dissapates quickly. Looks like a shaken cocktail.

S--Dominant raspberry. Like pure raspberry juice. Doesn't smell like beer.

T--Super raspberry. Quite tangy! Sweet, natural flavors. Should I be trying to critique a beer taste? I can't find it.

M--Creamy from dense carbonation. Smooth and raspberry "juicy". My first lambic. Tastes good but all I'm getting is raspberry.

D--Sweet and fruity, but quite heavy. Tastes good, but 1 and done. A sipper.

larsee01, Jul 27, 2008
3.83/5  rDev -0.5%

The second variety from Lindemans I have tried, following the kriek. This beer pours a familiar cloudy garnet, head forms late, building a big and billowy pink head. Aroma is obvious raspberries, very sweet like jam or filling. Taste is at first sweet but quickly turns tart with a little more sweetness in the end. Not quite as fully bodied as the kriek.

Another great beer from this brewery, perfect for after dinner and desert -- or just for the hell of it.

saintwarrick, Jul 22, 2008
3.68/5  rDev -4.4%

A dark red color that reminds me of raspberries with a lighter red head of the same color. Decent retention, leaves a little bit of lacing.

Smells of very sweet raspberries, that's pretty much it.

A strong raspberry flavor with just a little bit of tartness. A boat-load of sweetness. More tarness would certainly be appreciated.

Highly-carbonated and lively.

Pretty drinkable because it tastes a lot like juice and isn't extremely sour. Do I relish drinking it? Not as much as other lambics.

Hojaminbag, Jul 16, 2008

A- Very dark cranberry red liquid, with a very light pink fluffy head.

S- Smells like sparkling raspberry juice.

T- The taste is a tart raspberry flavor, and pretty much just that. It is pretty tasty though. I'm not used to finding the subtleties of lambics so I can't pick them out.

M- Feels like sparkling juice

D- Very easy to drink.

Wetpaperbag, Jul 15, 2008
4.33/5  rDev +12.5%

Opened a bottle that was cellared for three years an even if its not the kind of beer that you drink old, I can tell you that this one still deliver the stuff! Although, not quite as fresh as the the tap one I had in Antwerp, I was surprosed how this beer kept is fruit all that time. It pours deep red slightly cloudy and forms a nice white head that disapeared afte one or two minutes. Overwelming rasberry fruit smell and taste. Good acid balance for that richeness of fruit. If you come aroud this beer, worth a try, but definetly have to like fruity beer. Girls will absolutely love this one :)

blaje, Jul 15, 2008
4.55/5  rDev +18.2%

It is a rich dark ruby red in colour and has a thick frothy head that lasts for a bit and laces the glass well. It smells very much of raspberry. That sweet tart smell that raspberries have. I honestly can't believe that this is a beer. It is sharp, sweet and has a light dry aftertaste. It most definitely has the tart raspberry taste. Very nicely balanced on mouthfeel. It is something I will seek out again.

The only downside is that it is a little pricey however as a treat now and then its worth it!

madvoice, Jul 12, 2008
4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Poured into a goblet from a 750ml bottle.

A: wine red with almost no head to speak of. A thin pink layer that disappears quickly.

S: Berry, tartness, sweetness.

T: Strong, sweet raspberry followed by a biting tartness, not quite sour. Lots of carbonation. No alcohol taste to speak of.

M: Highly carbonated and biting.

D: Very drinkable, but too much gives me a stomach ache due to the sweetness.

Overall: A great lambic, possibly my favorite. I love the balance of tart and sweet. This is a great dessert beer, best enjoyed in small portions.

kyleec, Jul 04, 2008
4.05/5  rDev +5.2%

A: pours a brownish dark ruby color and mostly opaque. the head is a creamy rose color but is somewhat thin and leaves minimal, if any, lacing. the effervescence is noticeable.

S: definitely a dominant sweet raspberry aroma but other than that not much else is noticeable other than a mild "funk".

T&M: very good carbonation level, not too "prickly". immediately noticeable is the sweet fruity taste of the raspberries and then follows is a tart, almost sour flavor possibly from green apples? All in all the framboise is what this lambic is all about. very crisp, perfect for a hot summer's day

D: At 4%, and something that tastes this fruity and delicious is obviously very (re)drinkable. I could drink this all day...even though it's more like juice. slightly low ABV for a lambic so deducting points for that.

julian, Jun 27, 2008
3.93/5  rDev +2.1%

A- Dark red with a pink/purple head. Little head retention but plenty of lacing on my glass.

S- Can't get enough of that raspberry scent. Personally, I can't detect anything else and I'm fine with it.

T- Fantastic raspberry flavor. Great tart flavor that really puckers your mouth on that first sip.

M- Lots of effervescence but not too much. Fruity and sweet but the tartness of the berries helps to balance out this brew.

D- A bit too sweet to drink more than 1 750ml by yourself. 1 bottle will fill 2 good sized wine glasses which is more than enough.

Fantastic brew. If you like this you'll love DFH's Fort.

Keith238, Jun 27, 2008
4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

Poured from the 375ml wrapped and corked bottle into a cube shaped tasting glass.

Appearance- Beer pours a darkened reddish with a dark pink finger cap of foam that gradually fades to a murk over the top. Lacing is hardly there. A bit of cork lingers in my glass, it can camp there if it wants.

Smell- Tart raspberries complete with seeds, more of a lingering beer scent than the Peche, very little malt. Very little brettanomyces or vinegar sourness, not in this lambic.

Taste- Raspberry thick with tart rich carbonation quick to follow. Tartness rises as the beer sits, as does the carbonation strangely enough. No real dryness or hints of oak as is usually found on typical lambics.

Mouthfeel- Creamy, tart, light, medium-light bodied, highly carbonated, and effervescent.

Drinkability- Smooth and delicious. More of a dessert than a beer. Great for commemoration.

blakesell, Jun 24, 2008

A: Beer poured a deep burgundy hue with a creamy pinkish white head. Head showed nice retention and left a nice patchwork of lace.

A: Tons of fresh raspberries. Very aromatic aromas literally rush from the glass. There was a hint of oak and horse blanket as well.

T: Nice marriage of sweet and tart. It starts with a nice raspberry sweetness which turns a bit tart. The oak can be noted though not real heavily. Hints of horse blanket gives it an edge on most fruit brews I have tasted.

M: Medium in body a bit dry in the finish.

D: Very. It is enjoyable down to the last drop. Makes a perfect dessert or after dinner treat.

tpd975, Jun 07, 2008
4.33/5  rDev +12.5%

This is my first lambic. A birthday present from my dad.

I wasn't expecting the cork under the cap! Anyway, it exited with only a small pop. The foiled, capped, and corked 12 ounce bottle poured into my Duvel snifter a dark purple, sort of mauve color. The smell is raspberry and a little musk. Not necessarily bad though. It's very inviting. So I drink it. It's tart on the tongue at first, which fades into sweet and fruity raspberry, and then back into some dry tartness at the end. Quite delicious, and I dream of pairing this with a cheesecake. Mouthfeel is quite enjoyable, crisp and light, and refreshingly tart. Delicious.

HardcoreKeith, Jun 05, 2008
4.47/5  rDev +16.1%

750ml bottle in tulip

deep ruby color, pours smooth with ine finger of foamy pink head. laces thickly but slides down glass quick.

sharp sweet tartness overwhelms the mouth and is enhanced by the large amount of carbonation. the tartness is well balnced with the sweet raspberry flavors. slightly earthy tasting. very drinkable and delicious.

ph2001, May 26, 2008
3.58/5  rDev -7%

12 ounce embossed bottle with multiple layers of protection (corked, capped, cap and neck covered with rose-colored foil), poured into a tulip yields a clear, deep pinkish-red body capped with 2 fingers of soft, creamy pink foam that retains at a fluffy pink sheet and leaves nice lacing.

I can smell raspberries from the moment the cork comes out; a little earthy malt character lurks, with a touch of yeast.

Intensively tart, tangy and sweet with raspberries. Very fruity with a sizzle of Champagne carbonation and a slightly malty backbone.

Juicy and medium-bodied, cut to a nice consistency by the carbonation. Despite all the fruit, the drink is crisp with a surprisingly clean finish. Could see having one with dessert, or maybe in place of a brunch Bloody Mary.

cvstrickland, May 26, 2008
3.8/5  rDev -1.3%

This left a good amount of lacing on the glass, but no head retention. It has a nice red color. On the nose all I percieved were raspberries and nothing else. On the palate all I could taste was the fruit. No hop or malt character in my opinion. It has a great tartness tho that I think would go great with desserts. Also, it is sweet, but not too sweet. Benchmark for the style imo.

dyingwrist, May 20, 2008
3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

Poured from 12 oz bottle into oversized snifter.

A - Deep purple/red, with a 1/2 inch magenta head, short retention. A little lacing. Pretty stuff.

S - Raspberries mainly, with a slight undertone of malt.

T - Carbonated raspberry juice. It was good, but it really had no standout characteristics aside from the fairly sweet, slightly sour, raspberry flavor. It was good, but very one-dimensional.

M - Moderate carbonation with medium body; I don't think I could've drank this any other way. Any thicker or less carbonated and it would've been alcoholic juice.

D - I actually left an ounce or so in my glass because it was too much raspberry flavor. The sweetness nor sourness bothered me, but the continual bombardment of raspberry was a little boring. I'd never have more than one of these at a time.

PatrickJR, May 17, 2008