1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans FramboiseLindemans Framboise

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

2.5-4.0% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

Bottle at Chaucer's Pub in London, ON- Rating taken from notes dating September 08. Red pour, appearing in the light, almost pinkish. Head is a puff of pink. Aromas of fresh raspberries, fruity jam, some yeast, perfume. Tastes sweet of raspberries and some strawberry with floral and yeasty components, leading to a slightly biter hop presence. Sweet and yeasty finish, prickly carbonation. Decent stuff overall.

4.1/5  rDev +6.5%

Pours a reddish purple color with a very slight head. The smell is of sweet berries. The taste is like a candied fruit, it is very sweet and of fruit. There is no hop presence unlike some other lambics, no bitterness only sweetness. The mouthfeel is bubbly and crisp. The drinkability is high the only thing to stop you is that it might be almost too sweet.

Poured into a stange.
Comes a bright ruby color with some purple in there. Has a thin pink head that is soon enough pushed out of the way by the fizzy bubbles forcing their way to the surface. Some lacing.
Smells of raspberries.
Tastes sweet and tangy then tart and almost sour at the end that makes me want to pucker which is fine since I'll only be drinking this concoction when I am with my GF who LOVES the stuff (she would give it an A+ without a doubt).
If this 'brew' was to go flat I imagine it would be very syrupy but with all the carbonation it has a much lighter mouthfeel.

3.65/5  rDev -5.2%

Appearance - Hazy deep cherry red color with a thin light pink head. Inexperienced server caused head to be less than it should have been. Head quickly fell to a thin layer of lace that remained through out.

Smell - A lot of sour in the nose along with rich raspberry.

Taste - Raspberries, sourness, sweet, tart with some barnyard flavors. Bitter and tartness remain after the finish.

Mouthfeel - light, fizzy, soda-like.

Drinkability - Easy to drink, low alcohol. However, sweet tart flavor will fatigue that palate quickly.

From Notes:

A: Poured from the big bottle, got to love the bottle cap and cork combo. Pours and looks more like a raspberry soda, but has a very nice pink head that leaves some decent lacing

S: Smells like sweet and juicy red raspberries.

T: Natural-tasting raspberry flavor with a grainy earthiness and just a little of the sourness imparted by the yeast. Still very sweet but tart enough to make it not overly cloying.

M: Smooth and creamy, which is a nice offset for its tart finish and slightly puckering effect. Medium body with lots of carbonation, rather like a sparkling soda.

D: Very drinkable and the bottle was gone before I knew it.

This is a very unique beer, and I will buy it again and again.

4.15/5  rDev +7.8%

10 oz draft on tap at Pazzo's Lexington. Served in a Lindeman's stange glass.

A: Vibrant raspberry red with sparkling highlights; fine carbonation bubbles coats the sides of the stange. The head is slightly foamy, definitely spritzy, and fuschia colored. Had this been served in a non-marked stange, you could have easily confused this for sparkling wine or even Big Red soda.

S: Sweet, sweet raspberry oh yeah! Just loads of fresh, ripe raspberries on the nose; very sugary as well. Very reminiscent of wine with all the fruit on the nose.

T: Sweet fresh raspberries mixing with a touch of wine-like grape flavors. Huge fruity explosion here - there's really not much else to the taste beyond the fruitiness as there is little sign of the malt background or even alcohol for that matter. Spritzy, really wine like in the finish with more sweet raspberry lingering well beyond each sip. Maybe a touch of bread as you exhale at the end of each swallow, but thats the closest I could come to finding any malt flavors beyond the fruit. If you like sweet beers, raspberries or lot of fruitiness in your beer, this is definitely a good choice. Quite delicious and freshing.

M: Alot of carb coming off the tap - very spritzy and lively body. Crisp and yet still pleasing on the way down.

D: Only 4% ABV and I finished a 10 ounce glass in less time than it took me to write the review. Easy one to quaff, even if it is quite sweet. Pairs well with Pizza too.

This is the first lambic I've ever tasted and I really enjoyed it. I see Lindeman's everywhere in the beer stores I shop and I know its pretty popular. Definitely a good beer to check out if you want something sweet for a dessert or nightcap, or if you enjoy raspberries. Would probably be a good substitute for wine at a meal as well... might create an interesting talking point.

4.6/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

it doesnt have many of the same characters as other lambics but i love this beer so does the girlfriend.

A- deep red with a fluffy pink head

S- lots of raspberry a little sour

T- sweet raspberry, tart, so good

D- vary good on the sweet side i bet there is more complex framboise with some of thoes great lambic smells and teasts but this one, so good

4.33/5  rDev +12.5%

This was a really good lambic.

Appearance- red, some head, translucent

Smell- raspberry

Taste- raspberry, tastes like juice

Mouthfeel- light to medium bodied

Drinkability- excellent lambic, It is delicious. I will have more. I shared a bottle of it with my girlfriend.

3.7/5  rDev -3.9%

poured from 12oz bottle into champagne glass

a- red/ purple clear. little to no head, no lacing. visable carbonation

s- red wine, tart grape and raspberry finish. possible that other berries are present

t- also a carbonated red wine taste, sweet with a slightly dry/ tart finish

m- medium bodied with high carbonation. feels like grape soda on the tongue

d- medium priced. goes down very easy, low alcohol content makes for easy drinkin. would go with many foods/ desserts. this lambic is what most people would refer to as a "girlie beer" . i would buy it agian.

4.13/5  rDev +7.3%

I've had this delectable brew on many occassions and have often dubbed it liquid crack, lol!

It pours into the footed pilsener with a gorgeous pink and frothy head that has great retention. Lots of sticky lacing...a deep pink almost ruby colored body that shows a lot of carbonation.

Smells of pure raspberries. Nice and tart with a subtle sweetness that helps mask it all out. Some yeast is also noticed...

The taste always reminds me of a liquified raspberry Jolly Rancher. Super sweet and tart with a very bready aftertaste.

Lots of catbonation provides a great bite in this beer. Very smooth mouthfeel.

I could drink on this all day long if needed, that's how much I love it...but I prefer it more as an apertif or an after dinner beer.

3.93/5  rDev +2.1%

I bought this a six pack shop no freshness date, as if that matters. It was kind of inconvenient having a cap and also a cork. Poured into a snifter with no head and no foam. Fruity, tarty smell, sour for raspberry but dry enjoyable flavor. Not for everyday but good for celebrating.

4.13/5  rDev +7.3%

Nice, but i could only drink one of these.

appearance: purple maddness, like a carbonated grape juice.

smell: obviosly raspberry. this beer is dominated with it.

taste: like a raspberry hits you in the face

mouthfeel: good carbonation and drinks thin

drinkability: very easy and smooth. very pricey though.

1.73/5  rDev -55.1%

I feel like a freshman in college again. Pours a mostly cloudy dark ruby red color. A very pinkish red head that was a bit fizzy. Decent retention though did not last through the tasting and no lace to speak of.

The nose is sweet with an almost imitational raspberry smell to it. More along the lines of a wine cooler than anything else. The raspberries dominate any malt or yeast aroma. Some minor vinegar notes but very limited and one dimensional overall.

The taste is very wine cooler-esk as well. Very sweet up front that just lingers into the finish. A big under attenuation note for sure. The raspberries comes out but does blend with a imitational furity note. Some minor malty notes but limited and really cant pick out anything minus the fruit. Some sour notes more along the acidic side but limited. Looking for more for a lambic.

The body is sweet, way to sweet. Looking for a much drier body.

I understand that this is a very low gravity beer and emphasizes the fruit aspect, but overall this is note enjoyable at all. Way too sweet, fake fruit notes, and limited beer notes makes this a drain pour.

3.68/5  rDev -4.4%

My first venture into the world of lambics. Poured from a 355mL/12 oz bottle into a tulip glass.

Appearance: Incredibly cloudy, almost opaque, maroon color, with two fingers of pink foam. The foam eventually subsided to a thin layer, which lingered for most of the glass. Lots of lacing. Interesting beer. A color I've never seen before in beer. Cool.

Smell: Well, raspberries. Hints of a musky smell, but mostly raspberries. Only bare hints that this is a beer at all. You definitely know you're about to drink something fruity.

Taste: Is this really a beer? Tastes like a very tart raspberry soda. Intense raspberry flavor, and thats pretty much it. No real hops, or malt, or anything. The raspberry flavor dominates, and maybe a hint of muskiness from the yeast is the only indication this is a beer. It's very sweet, and very tart at the same time. Almost to the point of artificial tasting - it leaves a 'sweet' aftertaste, like the flavor's still lingering on your tongue. I have absolutely no basis to compare this to - but for trying to be a raspberry beer, this is phenomenal.

Mouthfeel: Incredibly thin, and very high carbonation - but from what I've read, that's typical for the style. It's almost a little too thin though.

Drinkability: Well...if you like raspberry-flavored soda, it's a beer for you. It's very low in alcohol, but I found it too sweet to drink quickly, nevermind have more than one. I'm not sure it's really my thing. But I'm glad I tried it.

3.63/5  rDev -5.7%

I know some people are really enthusiastic about this beer, but I just can't see it.
Poured out of bottle into a pint glass

A: This stuff is as red as a dog's dick, but tastier. The head is decent, although it looks a bit like cotton candy and fades rapidly. Mild lacing, slightly resembles champagne.

S: Berries....raspberries, blackberries, blueberries....and maybe a hint of hops, but it's still very reminiscent of champagne.

T: This stuff is full of sunshine and rainbows. A mild, sweet berry taste tickles my tongue first off, followed by a tart kick of raspberry. A slightly stale and unpleasant taste brings up the rear. Very refreshing, but where'd my beer go?

M: I feel like I'm drinking champagne and cranberry juice, except I'm not having my period so why would I?

D: Certainly drinkable, very effervescent.

Over all, I find it hard to take this beer seriously. I mean, come one...it's pink and fruity. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the style. I tried to rate it from a neutral perspective, but it's hard to rate a beer when it barely tastes like one. Good practice, especially for "beer noobs" to expand their palate and learn to dissect different flavors. Although it is a beer I might buy again, I would never order it at a bar, simply because women already have a pussy and they don't need another one.

Poured into a snifter.

Pours a nice dark and hazy red color with a nice foamy head. Definitely smells like a beer, but doesn't look like one at all. There is some scent of malt and definite raspberry. It really tastes like a sparkling cider with great flavor - definitely surprised me. The raspberries are very prevalent, you might forget that you were drinking a beer. The mouthfeel has a light body with little carbonation. Very easily drinkable. Great party drink to give around.

4.53/5  rDev +17.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This reminds me of a very clean Italian soda. The appearance is incredible. A beautiful red hue with some nice foam on top. Can't believe this is a beer. The smell was a rush of fresh, clean raspberries. The taste is the same but with an incredibly smooth carbonation to give it a great mouthfeel. Anything with as low an ABV as this beer will be very drinkable but the flavors and feel of this beer allow you to enjoy an entire bottle without hesitation. I'll say it again...I can't believe this is a beer.

4.03/5  rDev +4.7%

Finally decided to try and review a lambic - This was a great choice and my wife absolutely loved this as well.

A -Cherry red bright small bit of read fizzy head once poured into glass.

S - Rasberries

T - Tart, fruity, again rasberries.

M - fruity, fresh souring taste puckering aftertaste.

D - Easy to drink though as is not my style would probably only have from time to time.

3.95/5  rDev +2.6%

This bottle was a birthday gift, one I very gladly accepted. I usually stay away from this kind of stuff on beer runs, yet I do like lambics and gueuzes. I understand Lindemans isn't considered the best of the bunch, of course.

Looks like I thought it would. Bubbles similar to those in a glass of soda cling to the sides while the head is pink and not even close to what most people consider beer-like. A deep purple color is rather opaque, I can hardly see my hand on the other side. A ton of pink lace.

Aroma is incredibly fruity and sweet, so much that only the fruit (raspberry) comes through. I get nothing else. It's nice, although I was hoping for some trace of that wild yeast.

Flavor holds a little more depth. Under the dominant and very natural-tasting raspberry flavor is a grainy earthiness and just a little of the sourness imparted by the yeast. And the flavor is a total grower. Its sweetness edges toward over-the-top but remains in check. I could see myself venturing further into the world of Belgian lambics after this.

Exceptionally creamy in the mouth, which is a nice offset for its tart finish and slightly puckering effect. Rounded and medium-bodied, it does wonderful things to the palate. Liked this aspect most.

A pleasant, enjoyable experience, though I know others of greater depth and flavor await. By the time I got to the bottom of the glass I only wanted another. Paired well with an insanely moist and delicious brownie. Stupidly drinkable.

4.08/5  rDev +6%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into my Lindemans flute.

A: Nice dark maroon color. Pretty heavy carbonation pours into a 2 finger, mauve (pinkish purple), frothy head. Slowly settles leaving thick sticky lacing behind as it does. Eventually leaves only a thin layer of bubbly carbonation on the surface of the brew. Thick spiderweb lacing remains as you drink.

S: Strong raspberry nose, not much else.

T: Deep raspberry. The beer components give it almost a plum flavor.

M: Carbonation is prominent. Overwhelmingly sweet.

D: This is a good after-dinner, or dessert drink.

Good atmosphere here. Appearance is distinct, nose is pleasant. The flavor is raspberry, and nothing else really. It is very sweet. . . palette is sweeter than the nose indicates (which will be hard for you to believe when you get a whiff, but it is). For what this is, a very good quaff.

4.4/5  rDev +14.3%

Got this bottle on a whim. I heard it was good, and the ratings on here usually don't lie, so I thought I would give it a shot.

750 ml bottle. Pours a color I can't quite put my finger on, if I had to describe it, it would be raspberry. It's deep red with black cherryish color to it. Pour produces a bright pink head. Slowly shrinks to just a pink ring. Lacing is apparent, but not very impressive.

The nose on this one blew me away. It is hard to believe this is beer, honestly. It's the most intense raspberry nose I've ever had on anything, and it might as well be the most intense fruit nose as well. That's pretty much all there is, just raspberry's. I love it. It's sweet and tart at the same time. Very inviting.

I was a bit worried the taste wouldn't do the nose justice. Thankfully my worries were in vain. This one is exactly as advertised, sweet and tart raspberry's. Very tart, and I'm loving it. Makes your pucker your cheeks after a taste. Wonderful, just wonderful.

The mouthfeel on this one is medium in body. The only reason it's medium and not thick and syrupy is because of the healthy carbonation that breaks it up a bit. This one honestly has the consistency of a heavy champagne. Bubbly and fruity. Maybe too much carbonation for my liking, but I'll take it.

Well, I would have to call my first foray into Lambic's a success. This just makes me want to try more and see how they differ. I'm also slightly curious as to what a year or so will do to this (if anything).

On a side note, I let the girlfriend have some. She absolutely loved it. Her exact words were "I love a beer!" I would purchase this with regularity if it were not for the $9.49 price tag per 750 ml bottle. Not too bad, but still not something my bank account can handle weekly.

3.35/5  rDev -13%

Appearance - Nice purple color with a rose colored head very little lacing on the glass. Beautiful color!

Smell - Wonderful fruit aroma as soon as it gets anywhere near your nose. Very slight sour note and a little alcohol tinge

Taste - Rasberries overpower everything else. A little sour taste, but not as much as I might want from a lambic but not to bad

Mouthfeel - Very much champagne like on the mouth very carbonated. This is the one thing that makes this not seem like a beer to me

Drinkability - A wonderful sharing drink with a 12 oz bottle. Could not handle much more. To much sugary taste

4.38/5  rDev +13.8%

Pours a gorgeous deep creamy red, with a fantastic pink head that sticks around. Smells very interesting and complex--yeast, raspberries and sour notes all share the stage. Taste is very tart and sweet and fruity. A wonderful palatial excursion into the world of spontaneously fermented fruit beers.

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

Deep dark purple colored beer with a very thick slow fading head.Aroma is raspberries.Taste is sour raspberry and sugar cane.It is both sweet and sour.This is decent but overall it's really a glorified wine cooler.I would purchase again but I dont' know what occasion you would drink this on.

4.2/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

33cl green bottle corked and capped obtained from McKinnon's in Salem, NH. half to three quarter inch light pink head. dark redish purple color and nearly opaque with slight ruby red highlights. fruity/raspberry smell with a hint of vinegar. sour raspberry taste. reminds me of a sour raspberry war head. fizzy, heavy side of moderate mouthfeel. somewhat drinkable.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans