Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
2.93/5  rDev -23.9%

Pours murky scarlet with purple, crimson, and muted copper tones; small pink-white bubbly head leaves very little lacing and has almost no retention. Aroma is overwhelmingly raspberry with a light bitter hint; sweet and sour malt notes are buried deep. Mouthfeel is medium-bodied and juicy. Flavor is much the same as the aroma; raspberries overpower in a syrupy sweetness. Some hop bitterness is detectable beneath, but not with any real depth of character. Light malts and leafiness in the finish. Aftertaste is syrupy and sweet with a touch of dryness.

4.12/5  rDev +7%

Very impressive... I normally do not like the fruity drinks out there, but this one is great. It pours purple with a nice puffy light purple head. The smell is all raspberry, start to finish. It tastes of raspberries, sweet with a tart finish. The flavor holds to your tongue and it's not a heavy drink like I would have thought prior to the glass. I enjoyed this very much and will drink it again.

3.58/5  rDev -7%

Raspberries out the wazoo. Sharp sour/acidic earthy aroma. Really sweet.

Deep red raspberry color I suppose. Light pink low head – how cute.

Highly tart and acidic. Extremely high tartness sets in. Uncharacteristically high sweetness. Very raspberry. Very tasty. Medium-low sharp sour earth flavor.

Medium-thin bodied. Medium to medium-high carbonation. Medium-high puckering tartness.

Too sweet for a Lambic. But it is very tasty. But then again, it is labeled as a Lambic. It’s expensive too. If I could get it in a 6 pack for around $8, I’d definitely get it again.

3.85/5  rDev 0%

Green 37.5cl cork and wired bottle, wrapped in paper. Best before May 2017, tasted on 17th June 2007

Poured into a 0.2 litre Morte Subite flute glass and a half pint tumbler.Dirty red, murky brown in colour, with a fine biege head which was being replenished by the highly carbonated body.

Not suprisingly, it smelt of raspberries and other 'friuts of the forest'.

The raspberries are very obvious in the taste, so is the sugar and whatever the other sweetner is. The tartness of the raspberries however adds a sourness to the beer, so it becomes a sweet and sour type flavour.

The tartness stays longer than the sweetness, the sourness isn't unpleasant, just stays longer.

Although I think this style of beer is interesting and should be preserved, it is not a style I can 'hand on heart' say I really enjoy a great amount. This version is as good as any I have tried.

4.12/5  rDev +7%

Served on tap at Monks Cafe in Philadelphia in a flare pilsner glass.

Deep red body with a thin lacy head.

The aroma is intense to say the least. The description written on the beer list stated the you could smell this from across the room when it is poured, which does not seem like an exaggeration. The smell of sweet raspberries simply radiates out of the glass.

Flavor is of sweet, syrupy raspberries. There is a balance between a slightly sour fresh fruit flavor and a much sweeter element almost like a raspberry pie filling.

Mouthfeel is like champagne, really the only way to describe it.

As for drinkability, the sweetness hinders it a bit. If it were to lean a bit more to the sour it could be much more drinkable.

3.55/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

It poured a brint pinkish red with a pink head that went away fast. In the nose was nothing but raspberry. The taste was raspberry and very sugary. It is crisp, and quite bubbly. It is a very popular beer, but I think I would go into sugar shock before getting a buzz from this.

4.12/5  rDev +7%

Poured a deep red into my snifter - pink head fizzed up, then largely left the building, but a sexy looking beer, definitely.

I could smell it right when I popped the cork. Unmistakable raspberry. You'd have to be in bed with a flu-driven 104 fever to not notice the raspberry. Upon closer inspection, some sour notes and pleasant funk aromas waft from the glass.

Taste....good lord, this is just flat out irresistible. Perfumey wild raspberry with a slightly puckery sour hit, not at all overwhelmingly so. Now I understand why you all say the ladies like this so much. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd have to keep a stock of this on hand. Not that this should solely be a girls' beer....you just can't help but go for this, especially someone who loves raspberry like I do.

Mouthfeel - Great. Like a fine champagne. Hell, better than champagne, if you want my opinion.

Drinkability - I'm disappointed that I've already reached the bottom of the glass. That was quick. Didn't exactly savor this over a long period of time...I wish I had more. Damn that price tag...highly drinkable - it would rate an 10.0 in drinkability, if you had a bottomless pit for a wallet.

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

Pours a beautiful red in color with pink foam that quickly vanishes. It's very carbonated.

Of course, it smells like raspberries -- very powerfully so.

The taste is very sweet and fruity, with notes of tart, but nothing like others of the style. It's like drinking a fruit-flavored drink.

The body is very light and fizzy, like champagne.

This is a much sweeter lambic than others I've tried. This is a beer for people who don't like beer. It's the only beer my wife has wanted to drink more than one sip of.

It's more like a dessert wine than a lambic. Then again, if you aren't a big fan of the vinegar qualities of more traditional lambics, seek this one out. Due to its sweetness, I'd suggest splitting the 12 oz. bottle with a friend.

3.8/5  rDev -1.3%

Poured from the bottle a deep cranberry red with a light head.

Strong raspberry aroma with a bit of the yeast as well.

Strong raspberry sweetness upfront and a very tart finish.

Smooth and crisp mouthfeel with medium carbonation.

A very nice lambic though a bit too sweet for me but nice for a change every once in a while.

4.1/5  rDev +6.5%

Pours an interesting reddish purple with a light violet head (though it doesn’t stick around to long). Fragrant grape must aroma. The thirst-quenching palate features loads of deliciously fruity grape sweetness that is balanced superbly by an equally tasty acidic sour tang.

An absolute pleasure to drink, the sweet and sour components male for a rich but balanced overall flavor. Personally, I prefer more of that classic sour tartness that beers like this one are famous for, but that character was more than adequately represented in this fine example. After all, I had no problem whatsoever through the 750 of this delicious brew.

Highly recommended…

4.55/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Got a pitcher of Lindemans Framboise on tap at Brand's in St. Louis (right on the loop, fantastic weather)

Poured a dark plum to cranberry-colored body with a frazzled valentine's day pink head on top. The head was very well retained and left thick, layered lacing down the sides of the flute glass, probably fueled by the fervent carbonation. Aroma was (of course) big on the raspberries, but also had notes of cherry, blackberry, and mango.

Taste was truly exquisite. A sharp, sour note perked up the front of the tongue while a sweeter, fruity taste washed around the sides of the mouth and palate. Mouthfeel was equally as solid, with a medium-light body, excellent carbonation, and a refreshing aftertaste. This lambic drank very well with the meals we had, and since the service was so poor at Brandt's, I got a chance to see how it stood alone as a drinking beer. Verdict: delicious.

Drank from a 750 mL capped and corked bottle purchased at Trader Joe's, Brookline, MA

Poured a clear, dark ruby red (lighter at the edges of the glass) with a three-finger, frothy, bubbly, pink head. Large, irregular patches of lacing coated the glass and remained long after the beer was finished. (If any beer could be described as looking "sexy," this would be it.)

The aroma was beautifully sweet and fruity. Raspberry candy was blatantly apparent along with a faint powdery, mustiness (akin to that of a traditional lambic).

The taste was a nice mix of sweet and tart. Fresh, pureed raspberries dominated from start to finish along with a syrupy sweetness. This sweetness unfortunately became cloying at times. The finish was sour and a touch dry with a noticeable powdery yeastiness and a touch of oak. The resonating sugary aftertaste left a syrupy film in my mouth.

Mouthfeel was heavily carbonated and thinner than expected, yet a touch creamy.

Drinkability of this beer was hurt by the cloying sweetness. If only the sugars could have been toned down a bit, this beer would have been much more enjoyable. (One glass was definitely enough for me.)

While this beer hardly resembled a traditional lambic, it was quite enjoyable nevertheless. It would pair perfectly with a dessert such as a chocolate raspberry torte.

These lambic beers are about the only brews my wife can actually enjoy. I myself enjoy them from time to time too.

Lindemans Framboise is my favorite so far. The raspberries in conjunction to the base lambic create a mouth puckering beverage. It pours with a thin light purple lacy head. The body is nearly opaque, allowing only a slight amount of light to go through. The body retains a dark purple color, comparable to the color of a grape Popsicle. The taste of this brew is well balanced between the fruit juices and the lambic yeasts and wild bacterias. This is very refreshing, but almost so sour it makes my cheeks cave in. This was very interesting, and my wife drank more than half the bottle.

4.1/5  rDev +6.5%

Pours a deep cloudy purple color, with a purplish tinted head that settles quickly. Pleasing fruity aroma. Tastes more like fruit juice than beer to me. Has a nice complex mouthfeel. I expected to taste more of the belgian sour yeasty taste, but the rasperries mask it nicely. Extremely easy to drink. Even my wife could drink this, and she "doesn't like beer." Blasphemer.

4.34/5  rDev +12.7%

Poured into a Sommeliers Burgundy Grand Cru

A: cranberry in color - watch it sit and the color deepens

S: Beautiful fresh raspberry aroma with a candy finish

T: sweet upfront with a lot of the raspberry, finish is tangy/tart not too much - the sweetness balances a lot of the tartness out.

M: slightly carbonated - not as much as a wine cooler, a little milder. It’s very thin on the palate

D: Very fruity, sweet beer could possibly be mistaken as a wine cooler to a novice. Very drinkable - could easily throw back a few of these in a sitting. Someone mentioned you could enjoy this with a dark chocolate - I could see that.

4.32/5  rDev +12.2%

Lindemans Framboise
750ml bottle
Moderate pour in a stein.
Recent brewing, picked 04/07

Poured a bright hazy pinkish red with a large light pink foamy mostly lasting head with good lacing.

Smelt of strong overall strawberry candy with the strawberry wrapper, parts of raspberry, woodsiness, honey.

Flavor was upfront strong sweet raspberry followed by more strong sweet raspberry and moderate sourness on a long finish.

Palate was light to medium bodied, lively carbonated, rich and moderately mouth puckering.

Overall, I am not a big fan of raspberry beers as a whole, but this was intense and fun to experiment with. Not an everyday beer for me, but excellent flavors and aromas nonetheless.

3.43/5  rDev -10.9%

I expected a lot from the foil wrapped top over the bottle cap, plus the cork underneath. A little disappointed, but would work great as a dessert drink or for a guest who claims they don't like the taste of beer compared to wine.

Appearance - Very pretty. Thick red ting with a small pinkish head.

Smell - Distinct raspberry. Sweet brew. Tastes great, but was lacking in the normal flavors of beer. Where's the grain, yeast and hops?

Taste - Fruity. Tasted more like a wine cooler than a beer. Excellent with chocolate. Reminded me of a melted fruit popsicle.

Mouthfeel - Pleasant carbonation.

Drinkability - This one might be good for girl's night out, but I couldn't drink more than maybe two in the same night.

3.62/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Picked up a 12oz. bottle for $4.99 at the local joint. I pick up a bottle once every month or two -- it's the only beer my wife will drink, so I figure it's the one chance I have to share my hobby with her!

Pours a deep red, nice light pink head, good retention, nice lace. Smells FANTASTIC...like pure essense of raspberry, with the carbonation giving it a champagne-like tickle on the nose.

Taste is powerfully sweet, almost as if you made a mimosa with raspberry juice instead of orange juice. Very little hint of beer in there whatsoever, but the fruit taste is very enjoyable. Mouthfeel is very fizzy and carbonated, again more like champagne than beer.

Overall, this is a nice change of pace from the vast majority of beers. Sweet, tart and kinda fun, but after one bottle, I doubt I'd go for two in one sitting.

The Alstrom Bros. review noted it would be a good brunch beer, and I concur. Or dessert, perhaps. It would be superb with dark chocolate or an unadorned cheesecake.

4.35/5  rDev +13%

Pours out of the bottle a deep, rich purple color with a large, pink head atop the body. Lots of bubbles and an adequate amount of lace left behind, but not enough IMO.

Smell is very exciting, fresh raspberries and cherries take the foreground, and pretty much dominate the aroma. I could smell this the moment I popped the cork. Very fruity, and very tart with a touch of rose buried inside. There's a slight spiciness coming from something I can't figure out.

Whoa. Taste is incredibly rich with raspberry. The cherries I smelled are definitely there too. This has a great taste, although it's almost so powerful it knocks you back. Wonderfully tart, I was slightly concerned this would be too sweet for me, but most definitely not, very sweet, but the sour cherries keep it well in check. Sort of a champagne aftertaste.

Extremely carbonated and light-bodied. The taste is great and highly refreshing, but I can't see myself drinking more than a glass ever in a sitting.

4.34/5  rDev +12.7%

First time trying a framboise lambic. Comes in a corked bottle.

Appears dark purple, with a decent amount of white bubbly head. Plenty of carbonation.

Smells fantastic. Strong scent of raspberries. Very different from any other beer I've ever had. Mouth waters after I inhale deeply a couple times.

A strong, tart, fruity taste, just like raspberries. Perhaps a little too sweet, but I'm probably being picky. Just perfect as far as tartness, not too much acidity. The sweetness and fruitiness would make you think you're drinking a soda, but the level of carbonation and the smoothness ensures that you remember it's a beer.

Very enjoyable drink for anyone who likes raspberries. If you don't, then you won't like it. I'd love to try it with a chocolate dessert sometimes. I like it more than any dessert wine I've had.

Only one minor complaint. I don't think I'd enjoy more than two at a sitting. It would get too sweet for me after a while.

4.15/5  rDev +7.8%

Framboise was my first taste of a lambic, and it's certainly sold me on the style.

It pours an incredible deep reddish pink with a frothy pink head, and was very bubbly, more like champagne than a beer. The raspberry odor is definitely not shy - people sitting to either side of me were sniffing, trying to find the berries. At the same time, the raspberry smell isn't overly sweet, but has a tartness to it, like fresh berries.

If someone hadn't told me I was drinking a beer, I'm not sure I would have guessed it from the taste. Strongly raspberry, so very sweet and very tart at the same time. It's fairly carbonated, again reminding me of champagne, but with a thicker, richer texture than champagne.

Framboise is rich enough that it's probably not a beer that you would want to have a half dozen of while watching a ballgame, but if you're fond of sweets or fruit flavors, it would be easy to drink several. And it's an excellent dessert choice - after the first few sips, I added a double-chocolate torte that was somewhere close to perfect with it. I'm looking forward to having this one again - and I'm going to find some other varieties!

4.2/5  rDev +9.1%

Served in a champagne flute. Ruby grapefruit colored with a pink bubbly head that sinks quickly.

Jammy, fruity aroma of sweet raspberry and honey, some bitter notes.

Sweet raspberry flavor, not cloying, some honey and lemon. Some sour apple and tartness rises up.

Initially a thick mouthfeel, moderate to high carbonation, bubbles tingle in the finish. Crisp dryness lingers, puckers the mouth.

Very drinkable, excellent after-dinner selection.

4.18/5  rDev +8.6%

A very pretty brew, pours rasberry red with a pink and purple frothy head. Moderate lacing. Smell is fruity and sweet, tons of syrupy rasberries, some blackberry and apple.

Tastes sweet and syrupy. Rasberries and fresh fruity grape and apple esters No hint of alcohol at all, making it difficult to remember you're not drinking carbonated juice. Mouthfeel is light and bubbly, a champagne of sorts. I will definitely have this one again.

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

Purple-red color with a thin frothy head on it. The aroma draws you in and makes you want to take a sip; fruity, and a little sour. The taste is a tart pleasure; strong raspberry with a very dry finish. The mouthfeel is great; bubbly and dry like a glass of champagne. The fact that my non-drinking fiancee finds this beer drinkable (well, at least a couple of sips...) speaks wonders about it's drinkability.

Uniform deep red in color with a think layer of dark pink/purple foam.
Aroma is very strong of raspberry and masks any other smell present.
Strong fruity taste. Sweet and sour with little to no bitterness. Excellent desert for the raspberry lover.
Drinkability is average due to the overpowering taste.

served in 5 1/2 ounce sample glass. Excellent in small amounts but not intended for mass consumption

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans