Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

2.5-4.0% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000)
View: Beers (15) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
tavernjef

4.4/5  rDev +14%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

My, oh my, this is one delightfully, delectable, scrumptious, savory, flavorsome, luscious, mouth-watering, treat.
Open this baby up and its fruity raspberry heaven. It just screams yummyness. The first thing is the aroma, how they make the raspberry smell better then what raspberries smells like is beyond me. Its a raspberry delight with a very hard tart twinge that just flows into your nasal cavity like smoke.
The color is an amazing deep red, nearly opaque, and still glows with a astonishing crimson-ruby intensity. It has a very unique pinkish head of large bubbles that looks sort of like the fizz from a dark-purple grape juice.
Ohhh....then there's the awesome taste, so very nicely packed with raspberry fruityness, with a very nice, highly sweet tangyness and twinge thats perfectly tart and level.
Feel is tartly sweet and silky smooth with a heavy to medium full body and smacks of soured sweetness the whole way through.
All that yummyness of raspberry tartness is just fantastic.

04-18-2003 13:07:26 | More by tavernjef
marburg

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

Let there be no doubt: I am a man.

I could wear a pink thong, and I am a man.
I could carry a purse, and I am a man.
I could slip into a dress, and I am a man.

And dammit, I can drink this beer, and I am a man.

Put all the crap about this being a parting from traditional lambics aside. Then go ahead and take the "this isn't a real beer" and toss that aside too. Now pour it and drink it.

And it's ungodly good.

Pours an absolutely bewitching shade of red -- fire engine, crimson, deep pink kinds of reds -- with a reasonably short-lived pink head atop it. And you can smell this beer from a mile away. OK, more like a half mile. But nonetheless, it's aroma is pungent, pretty, and prepossessing -- like potpourri.

And the taste. The taste! The seeds were stuck in my teeth for days on end. It's raspberry (maybe a bit contrived, but good nonetheless) meets a tiny bit of acidic sourness -- a sour fruit dessert perhaps? It's great. Just great.

It's too sweet for me to have often -- and I'd rather have the "real thing" just like a lot of folks -- but I can definitely drink this every now again and love it. And anyone who doesn't think that this beer can be perfect with a chocolate dessert is nuts. The fact that it's non-traditional makes it perfect for pouring over chocolate ice cream, for putting over sorbet w/ fruit, and for drinking with chocolate cake or vanilla ice cream. Or hell, try some sort of sauce with it. This beer has its place.

04-07-2003 17:26:19 | More by marburg
pezoids

4.25/5  rDev +10.1%

This beer poured a very bright ruby-raspberry color and looks beautiful. It had a high effervescence with a large pink head. I’ve had this beer on many different occasions and it’s always enjoyable. When you put your nose to this beer you are first taken over by the sweet aroma of raspberries. It tastes more like a sweet fruit wine spritzer, than a beer but is a nice treat to have once in a while. (especially if you can get it on tap)

04-06-2003 20:58:21 | More by pezoids
IrishRedRock

4.33/5  rDev +12.2%

I used to dislike Lambics...until I had this sweet sweet nectar. And that's what it is...sweet. It's very thin, but the red color in my glass was beautiful. The aroma is purely intoxicating. The very pungent aroma of raspberries hits hard.

The taste made my lips pucker a little, but that wasn't a bad thing. Sour fruits all the way, and oh boy is it good. I know many people can drink these all night, and possibly due to the low ABV it would be easy, but the sweetness would get to me after a while. One of two though, and mmmmmm boy. A lambic on tap is a true treat.

03-18-2003 18:51:58 | More by IrishRedRock
PatandDavid

4.88/5  rDev +26.4%

They have this on tap at Redbones...I had three the other night.

This beer pours a deep dark garnet color, no head. It is chock full of sweet/tart raspeberry flavor. The balance is perfect, not too tart, but not too sweet.

This is a premium session beer for me...I have nicknamed it Belgiam Kool-aid. No disrespect for this one, I call it that due to the outstanding taste and very high drinkability.

Yes, this is a beer I can drink all night, I had two other beers, and their mouthfeel didn't even come close to this one.

A real treat I love, outstanding!

pat

03-13-2003 16:50:54 | More by PatandDavid
WVbeergeek

West Virginia

4.33/5  rDev +12.2%

When I first found this beer, it ran for ten dollars a bottle. So, I can't say I was ever fond of it, basically just due to the price. I think it's one of the first corked beers I came across as well, so my friends at the time justified the cost and bought it. I found this bottle for about 4 bucks, quite a grab gotta love it. A wine like ruby purple, very bubbly with a quickly dissipating head. A deep bitter raspberry aroma with loads of bubbles arising to tickle the nose. Taste is a sharp bitterness, mellowed out with the sweet raspberry tones. Along with a champagne like bubbly sensation on the back of the throat, this beer is a medium bodied Belgium wonder. Much more mellow on tap, but overall this style is amazing (wild yeast, oh yeah!!!)! Very drinkable, except it's a little too tart and sweet to drink excessively.

03-03-2003 10:31:43 | More by WVbeergeek
AudioGilz

4.43/5  rDev +14.8%

This beer has, I feel, a perfect balance between sweet and sour. The raspberry flavor is the obvious strong flavor, with a great tug of war between sweet and sour feelings. I think the sweetness wins in the end, because the sweetness can be a little much unless you're really in the mood for it. I enjoy the kriek more than this beer, but lindemans lambics are always very enjoyable to me.

02-28-2003 22:20:40 | More by AudioGilz
drizzam

Wisconsin

4.03/5  rDev +4.4%

Ahhh, the raspberry selection in the Lindemans line of lambics!

As with all of the lindemans lambics, it comes in a green bottle, corked and capped with a colorful foil over the top.

The color is deep red with a thin pinkish head which leaves a thin lace as you drink it. The smell is of fresh raspberries. It has a thick mouthfeel that makes you pucker a bit and the taste is a little on the tart side but definitely tastes of fresh raspberries, leaving very little aftertaste. This tartness precludes it from being a session brew...it's better suited as a dessert brew, as are all of the lambics in the Lindemans line (with perhaps the exception of the Gueze). Overall, another very tasty selection that I would highly recommend!

01-18-2003 12:44:08 | More by drizzam
francisweizen

Alaska

Presentation: 750ml corked, caged, and capped bottle from bread and circus in Cambridge, MA.

this beer was my first foray into the world of 'lambic' and it was a good one. This 'beer' poured into my glass a nice pinkish-red colour with some flesh-like peach highlights to it. This beer also had a nice pinkish head to it. The aroma was of raspberries and an old farm-house(but in a good way...)and the taste was more of the same. Sweet and dry at the same time, and very complex, a very interesting brew, for sure. This has a high drinkability as it is a low abv beverage that would be good to sip all day in the summer. However, The sweetness could get old after a while, a nice beverage to say the least.
cheers!,
F.

01-13-2003 09:14:07 | More by francisweizen
OatmattStout

Connecticut

This was the first time tasting a lambic after seeing the bottles on shelves for years. I was not disapointed and am not a fan of beers with fruit flavors like Sam Adams cherry wheat, or the appricot flavor in Majic Hat #9. This is a whole different animal and I thought it was great. This poored rasberry red with a deep pink head and the taste of rasberrys came through sweet and tangy at the same time. This is a desert beer that I could drink after every meal and even on it's own if in the mood [Breakfast maybee or the treadmill at the gym while working out???]. I brought this beer to a familiy dinner and served it for the women who loved it. This would be a great unique bring along if you were invited over to an actual "girls" house for dinner and make a good conversation piece as well. She'll love your worldly culture and might reward you in the end.

01-09-2003 20:55:51 | More by OatmattStout
Gusler

Arizona

4.28/5  rDev +10.9%

One thing besides the taste that I find attractive in the Lambic style is the color. I’m a very visual person, especially with my beer, if it “Ain’t pretty, I ain’t gonna like it”, that may be an exaggeration, but it does enter into my evaluations.

The color on the pour an eye pleasing deep raspberry red, the head modest in size with nice clinging sheets of lace to cover the glass. Sweet and lightly tart raspberry aroma, malt and a fizzy crispness also present. Start is “sweet and sour”, the top lean in feel, the finish biting in its acidity, minimal hop presence, dry long lasting aftertaste, and a real treat, as I consider these “Deserts” in their own right, a great change of pace from an old hunk of Strawberry Cheese cake, BLAH, and if you believe that about me, I have some sea front property in Yuma I will sell you.

12-26-2002 09:52:24 | More by Gusler
JISurfer

South Carolina

This is a good thing if you are into it I guess. Strong raspberry with some tartness to it taste. I gave it a good rating, because I really liked it just for one bottle of it, but after that it gets really sweet. I know my girlfriend likes it, but then again, she likes sweet things. Anyways, the price turns me away from it. I mean, come on, $5 a pop?!?!? That's a little too pricey for me. But, I guess if you have the money, it's all good.

12-18-2002 23:33:23 | More by JISurfer
ADR

3.63/5  rDev -6%

Dark reddish brown, no light transmission and a big 1/2 inch head of pink foam. Laces in big drapes. Raspberry aromas of coarse, but some yeast senses, too. Pleasant deep berry flavor, not jam-like but with some impressions of more sour seeds and stems as well. Still, there's quite a bit of initial sweetness, tempered by some "pizza dough" yeastiness mid mouth and a somewhat dryer finish. Not bad, sort of a starter Lambic in my book, as I'm on a trail to find some that are more puckering and somewhat less like cotton candy.

12-12-2002 08:32:51 | More by ADR
ipogios

Cyprus

Pours a light reddish (a bit towards pink) colour topped by a beautiful pink head that leaves lace throughout the glass as you enjoy this lambic. The aroma is rasberry aroma and something different that the other lambics, a strange smell actually. Flavour of this lambic consists of sweet rasberry. Good carbonation and impressive mouthfeel. One of the finest fruit lambics i've tasted

12-03-2002 00:29:27 | More by ipogios
Dogbrick

3.58/5  rDev -7.3%

Tasted at the Barrelhouse Brewing Company Microbrew Fest on November 9. Pretty raspberry color and a strong raspberry aroma. The flavor is sweet and fruity throughout. I liked this despite it not tasting like most beers. Definitely has a wine cooler feel to it.

11-26-2002 08:32:00 | More by Dogbrick
bewareOFpenguin

3.85/5  rDev -0.3%

Ordered one of these in my favorite beer bar. The cork really impressed as did it's own glass. All down hill from there. It tasted like a Kir Royal. If I had been wearing a blindfold, I would have never guessed this was a beer. It was sweet, with a good carbonation, but the fruit taste was all powerful. I think I'll shy away from these, unless I'm in the mood for a cocktail.

11-15-2002 06:47:46 | More by bewareOFpenguin
BeerManDan

Wow! Have you ever tasted Framboise as a wine? There isn't really that much difference! Color is a hazy ruby red with the aroma of raspberries. The taste has a slight tart/sweetness with a big raspberry after taste that just lingers & lingers on the palate for a long time. I fact, as I write this review, it has been at least an hour and I've still have the after taste in my mouth. I love the wine, but the beer is at least equal in quality, flavor & aroma. Wow! Number one beer from Belgium for me! By far best fruit beer on the market!

10-15-2002 14:57:19 | More by BeerManDan
Jon

3.58/5  rDev -7.3%

A good starter lambic, Lindemans Framboise is perhaps the most popular of all lambics among novices. It pours a ruby red color with a bubbly, pink head. Attractive, but not stunning. Nose is an inviting bouquet of raspberry essence and some sugary notes. Flavorwise, a rush of tart raspberry flavor marries well with some sweet sugar notes. Almost becomes cloying compared to other, traditionally unsweetened lambic beers. Bubbly, effervescent mouthfeel lends well to this beer, though it could be improved. Drinks fairly well, but considering the residual sweetness that looms, it does not fare well when compared to "the real thing." A nice introductory lambic, but far from being the benchmark for the style.

10-08-2002 23:03:05 | More by Jon
NeroFiddled

4.6/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Hazy (bottle conditioned). Red robe topped by a huge, fluffy, pillow-like pink head that leaves excellent lace throughout the glass. The aroma is somewhat sour with light, dry fruit notes. There are some odd notes present from the lambic, but nothing off-putting. The body is medium with a lightly zesty carbonation. The flavor is astonishingly full of candyish sweetness and tart/sour raspberry with minimal characteristics from the lambic - some mustiness is all that really stands out. Obviously, this is geared toward the masses. The fruit is somewhat authentic in character, but it's also clearly overdone. It finishes semi-sweet with a splash of acidity and then some sticky sweetness left in the mouth. Makes a great apertif or after-dinner drink. Because of it sweetish and clean tasting character, the Lindeman's brands make a good entry into flavored lambics.

10-07-2002 20:13:05 | More by NeroFiddled
kunzbrew

3.98/5  rDev +3.1%

This was a pinkish amber. Anyway this was great the color was good and the head was a pinkish color also that left a little bit of a lace behind. The smell of the fruit was very strong. It tasted like cotton candy from the fair. The sourness make its a little hard to drink these badboys down for a while and of coarse the price did not help either 10 dollars a bottle.

10-03-2002 08:13:15 | More by kunzbrew
putnam

4.63/5  rDev +19.9%

I usually agree with the consensus on this site, but here is a beer that has been unjustly criticized. Generations of cold-climate farmers have been striving to preserve their produce in ways that taste better, last longer and are more interesting. Lindemans represents the state of the art in natural fruit preservation. Drink it by the gallon for breakfast!

09-23-2002 10:39:31 | More by putnam
Lupe

4.33/5  rDev +12.2%

Dark red color with a pink head that leaves some lace all the way down. Raspberry aroma with a light wine scent. Sweet at first then the tartness balances it well. Finishes crisp but not dry. Very good. I can drink this anytime of the day. Tasty!!!

08-27-2002 14:53:15 | More by Lupe
zerk

3.63/5  rDev -6%

Deep ruby color, with a thin pink head. Aroma and taste dominated by raspberries. Fairly sour, and very crisp, with a light body. Almost like drinking a raspberry tart.

08-21-2002 20:39:43 | More by zerk
mickeymac

3.85/5  rDev -0.3%

It's suprisingly dark purple with a fluffy pink head. It smells like raspberry sherbet. The sweetness seems like it's about to overwhelm when the slightly sour taste hits and balances everything very nicely. Fortunately, it doesn't leave a sticky-sweet aftertaste. If you're up for a brunch, this would work better than champagne. It also hits the spot after dinner.

08-04-2002 21:05:54 | More by mickeymac
BillyBrew

Maine

3.9/5  rDev +1%

An interesting brew that was different than the Peche in a few ways. Striking maroonish colour without any clarity. Significantly less head than my other try, reduces to a thin lace. Very strong raspberry nose, strikningly so. You can smell it nearly a yard off. Strong tart and sweet, raspberry taste. Very mild malt base. Smooth champagne body and sparkle.

Nearly a candy beer. Very strong raspberry flavor and tartness. I found it less drinkable than the peche because of the extreme tartness. Well worth the experience. These lambics are somethin'. Cheers!

08-01-2002 17:08:48 | More by BillyBrew