Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,519 | Reviews: 1,005
3.77/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Dark pink with a brown tinge and a pinkish white foam. Smells of sweetness and raspberry purée. Yup, tastes like raspberry. But the taste finishes with a slight tartness, vinegar and a oaky red wine. But overall this is way too sweet for me. Finishes surprisingly clean from the sweetness. I feel like I'm supposed to love this because I love belgian beer, but I just don't. However, if you mix framboise with Hoegaarden you get what's called a "dirty hoe" and that is a nice refreshing beer cocktail.

4.24/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the Homegrown Brewhouse in Summerville, SC for Valentines Day. The perfect after-dinner drink for my wife and I, and an excellent companion to the chocolaty Russian Imperial Stout that I've been sipping. Pours in to a 6 oz snifter with an opaque, beet-red hue and 2 fingers of cranberry-cream foam. Quite a sexy looking drink. The soapy lacing and foamy collar add to the allure. The intense fresh raspberry aroma is sweet and tart. A little floral too, with a bit of sour citric character. The flavor is packed with a potent raspberry-candy fruit tartness. The delicious raspberry sugar sweetness is backed by a nice yeasty, malted grain base, reminding you that it is indeed a beer. Suggestions of clove make a subtle appearance, but ultimately the aftertaste is reminiscent of tart raspberry preserves. With a medium body and tame carbonation, it's easy and light, but not thin. Indeed it's a great complimentary texture to the distinct flavors. Personally, I'm not much of a "fruit" beer guy, but this one has always had a place in my repertoire. I enjoy this experience from time to time, and there isn't much I would change about Lindemans Framboise. Excellent dessert beer, or compliment to a host of savory dishes. Split a bottle with your lady instead of wine or champagne. It's delicious!

4.28/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Slightly sweet along with the sour. Definitely tastes just like a raspberry. Very good.

4.13/5  rDev +7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Love this one everytime. Just the right mix of sweet and tart.

3.31/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Super tart and hard to finish.

4.83/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Outstanding great taste when I tried this thinking it would not be good. I was shock to like it.

1.75/5  rDev -54.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

not a fan of this beer

3.8/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Not a huge lambic fan, but I'm trying to open up to them. In truth my real goal is to continue finding beers my fiancee will actually drink so she'll be more enthused when I drag her places. And what do you know? She'll actually drink this lambic, so success. For my tastes, it's alright. I imagine I'll continue trying a variety of lambics

3.02/5  rDev -21.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

The Mother in law loves this stuff. So when I bring over my good beer I have to bring over some framboise. It's too fruity for me but does go well with dessert. It's crisp, refreshing and a great flavored alternative

The fruity aromatics of this delicious framboise is soothing to the pallet and the soul. Try this beer on its own or with a delicious slice of chocolate cake.

4.18/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I really liked it. It's fruity and tart, sure...but it's really good. Just don't ask for one in front of your ale buying buddies.

4.45/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours ruby red with pinkish foamy head. Smells like raspberry extract. Tastes like a sour raspberry gummy, very tart. I love sour candy and this is very similar.

2.96/5  rDev -23.3%

Very sweet, almost syrup-y in taste. Straight up raspberry taste, perfect if you enjoy the taste of fruit in beer.

3.54/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

If you have never had a Lambic, you should try one. They are so refreshing, sweet but not over sweet
I found this one to be crisp, sweet yet had a degree of dryness at the end that made the beer very interesting.

4.67/5  rDev +21%

Smooth easy to drink beer

4.1/5  rDev +6.2%

750 ml bottle into tulip glass, bottled on 4/7/2014. Pours slightly hazy dark ruby red color with a 2 finger dense dark pink head with good retention, that reduces to a small cap that lingers. Nice spotty soapy lacing clings around the glass, with some moderate streaming carbonation retaining the head. Aromas of big tart and sweet raspberry, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness. Very nice aromas with big authentic raspberry fruit presence, candi sugar sweetness, and light earthy yeast notes; with great strength. Taste of big sweet and tart raspberry, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness. Good amount of fruity/earthy tartness on the finish; with lingering notes of tart/sweet raspberries, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness on the finish for a while. Damn nice robustness and balance of big authentic raspberry fruit presence, candi sugar sweetness, and light earthy yeast flavors; with a great sweetness/tartness balance and zero cloying sweetness after the finish. Medium-high carbonation and body; with a very smooth, fairly crisp, and lightly syrupy/acidic mouthfeel that is nice. Alcohol is well hidden with zero warming present after the finish as expected of 2.5%. Overall this is an excellent sweetened fruit lambic style. All around great robustness and balance of authentic raspberries, candi sugar, and light earthy yeast flavors; and very smooth and crisp to drink. A very enjoyable and flavorful sessionable offering.

4.38/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 750mL bottle into a Lindemans flute glass. Purchased in Providence, RI.

Pours a bright maroon body with a light purple, fluffy head that reduces slowly to leave thick lacing and nice retention.

Strong raspberry aroma, not much more than a super forward berry smell that I can't help but love. Extremely inviting so far.

Taste is big raspberry-cherry flavors, pretty sweet with a light tartness on the finish. Aftertaste is syrupy berries. Mouthfeel is light, crisp, refreshing, and extremely drinkable.

I'm a sucker for Lindeman's fruited lambics as they are extremely bold, and I love fruit and berry flavors. They really balance the right amount of sweetness with tartness and are extremely drinkable.

Lindeman's Frambois and Kreik are alway a nice treat!

4.15/5  rDev +7.5%

I tried the raspberry flavor. Great taste, but very sweet! A pint is definitely shareable. Good choice for a dessert beverage alone or with a semi-sweet cake.

4.18/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Remarkable purple-pink color. Plenty of pink-tinged foam in the Mort Subite globe. Tingly on the tongue with an acidic edge.

This is hugely raspberry scented as well as flavored with berries. It's a really sensational flavor. The fruit also adds to the tart sensation. It's quite sharp but also a little on the sweet side. This is more like champagne than anything in the beer universe, so it might be the brew for a non-typical beer occasion.

This is an experience not to be missed. It's also an education in a traditional lambic yeast brew that doesn't involve the vinegar excesses of so many American Wild Ales. From the 22 oz bottle purchased at Servall Liquor in San Diego.

4.84/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is the beer that really turned me onto sours. I consider this one of the best buys for Lambics.

I give this beer a 5, but it's not really beer. It's raspberry malty champagne that is pure heaven. Extraordinarily strong aroma, but wonderful.

4.25/5  rDev +10.1%

We had this beer on thanksgiving. It was awesome. I had the duty in the family of picking up something that would drink well with oven roasted and smoked turkey (imagine my excitement!). I chose a Lambic. I did no wrong. This was served in snifters around the table. The aromas were of blackberry, raspberry, and pomegranate. The flavor was pleasantly puckered and balanced with sweetness. It left a film of fruitiness in the mouth. The mouthfeel was buzzing, light and then medium bodied, and coated the palate.

Overall a very smooth beer. We had it again with spaghetti and it paired excellent.

3.95/5  rDev +2.3%

Not only did I enjoy this lambic, but I think it converted several of my family, who are not craft beer drinkers.

Served with Thanksgiving Dinner, if you have served any sparkling red wines before, give this a try with your Holiday meals.

Good ,but too sweet for my taste(I like sweet) blended with a chocolate stout and made a delicious discovery that let me drink the whole bottle.

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

Light and refreshing. Great taste to sip and enjoy.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans