Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans FramboiseLindemans Framboise

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
Reviews: 993 | Hads: 2,593
4.25/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Corked bottle poured into antique bier glass

Reddish brown with good carbonation, pinkish red frothy two finger head settles into a creamy, solid layer of reddish foam. Some lacings.

Aroma is like opening a carton of raspberries fresh from the supermarket. Hints of cherries and chocolate

Sweet, tart, raspberries, cherries. Does not taste like a beer, more like a raspberry soft drink.

Low sudsing, thirst quenching tartness.

Very good. A change up style of beer. I could see sitting in an outdoor cafe on a warm summer day enjoying several of these.

4.03/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

-pours a clear deep red
-mostly raspberry,cherry,vanilla,slight oak
-Follows the nose plus a slight tartness
Pretty good,not as sugary as other Lindemans

4.46/5  rDev +13.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

The best of the Lambic style - hands down. It is like drinking a raspberry lemonade (without the lemon part). Very low ABV, so a good choice for my designated driver.

3.37/5  rDev -14%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

The beer in general is very sweet and syrupy of artificial raspberry, not even jam. Lacking in tart quality and depth, this is a beginner brew, but unsatisfying for most.

3.77/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Dark pink with a brown tinge and a pinkish white foam. Smells of sweetness and raspberry purée. Yup, tastes like raspberry. But the taste finishes with a slight tartness, vinegar and a oaky red wine. But overall this is way too sweet for me. Finishes surprisingly clean from the sweetness. I feel like I'm supposed to love this because I love belgian beer, but I just don't. However, if you mix framboise with Hoegaarden you get what's called a "dirty hoe" and that is a nice refreshing beer cocktail.

4.24/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the Homegrown Brewhouse in Summerville, SC for Valentines Day. The perfect after-dinner drink for my wife and I, and an excellent companion to the chocolaty Russian Imperial Stout that I've been sipping. Pours in to a 6 oz snifter with an opaque, beet-red hue and 2 fingers of cranberry-cream foam. Quite a sexy looking drink. The soapy lacing and foamy collar add to the allure. The intense fresh raspberry aroma is sweet and tart. A little floral too, with a bit of sour citric character. The flavor is packed with a potent raspberry-candy fruit tartness. The delicious raspberry sugar sweetness is backed by a nice yeasty, malted grain base, reminding you that it is indeed a beer. Suggestions of clove make a subtle appearance, but ultimately the aftertaste is reminiscent of tart raspberry preserves. With a medium body and tame carbonation, it's easy and light, but not thin. Indeed it's a great complimentary texture to the distinct flavors. Personally, I'm not much of a "fruit" beer guy, but this one has always had a place in my repertoire. I enjoy this experience from time to time, and there isn't much I would change about Lindemans Framboise. Excellent dessert beer, or compliment to a host of savory dishes. Split a bottle with your lady instead of wine or champagne. It's delicious!

3.8/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Not a huge lambic fan, but I'm trying to open up to them. In truth my real goal is to continue finding beers my fiancee will actually drink so she'll be more enthused when I drag her places. And what do you know? She'll actually drink this lambic, so success. For my tastes, it's alright. I imagine I'll continue trying a variety of lambics

3.02/5  rDev -23%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

The Mother in law loves this stuff. So when I bring over my good beer I have to bring over some framboise. It's too fruity for me but does go well with dessert. It's crisp, refreshing and a great flavored alternative

The fruity aromatics of this delicious framboise is soothing to the pallet and the soul. Try this beer on its own or with a delicious slice of chocolate cake.

4.45/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours ruby red with pinkish foamy head. Smells like raspberry extract. Tastes like a sour raspberry gummy, very tart. I love sour candy and this is very similar.

3.54/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

If you have never had a Lambic, you should try one. They are so refreshing, sweet but not over sweet
I found this one to be crisp, sweet yet had a degree of dryness at the end that made the beer very interesting.

4.1/5  rDev +4.6%

750 ml bottle into tulip glass, bottled on 4/7/2014. Pours slightly hazy dark ruby red color with a 2 finger dense dark pink head with good retention, that reduces to a small cap that lingers. Nice spotty soapy lacing clings around the glass, with some moderate streaming carbonation retaining the head. Aromas of big tart and sweet raspberry, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness. Very nice aromas with big authentic raspberry fruit presence, candi sugar sweetness, and light earthy yeast notes; with great strength. Taste of big sweet and tart raspberry, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness. Good amount of fruity/earthy tartness on the finish; with lingering notes of tart/sweet raspberries, raspberry skin, candi sugar, hay, grass, light pepper, light oak/funk, and yeast earthiness on the finish for a while. Damn nice robustness and balance of big authentic raspberry fruit presence, candi sugar sweetness, and light earthy yeast flavors; with a great sweetness/tartness balance and zero cloying sweetness after the finish. Medium-high carbonation and body; with a very smooth, fairly crisp, and lightly syrupy/acidic mouthfeel that is nice. Alcohol is well hidden with zero warming present after the finish as expected of 2.5%. Overall this is an excellent sweetened fruit lambic style. All around great robustness and balance of authentic raspberries, candi sugar, and light earthy yeast flavors; and very smooth and crisp to drink. A very enjoyable and flavorful sessionable offering.

4.38/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 750mL bottle into a Lindemans flute glass. Purchased in Providence, RI.

Pours a bright maroon body with a light purple, fluffy head that reduces slowly to leave thick lacing and nice retention.

Strong raspberry aroma, not much more than a super forward berry smell that I can't help but love. Extremely inviting so far.

Taste is big raspberry-cherry flavors, pretty sweet with a light tartness on the finish. Aftertaste is syrupy berries. Mouthfeel is light, crisp, refreshing, and extremely drinkable.

I'm a sucker for Lindeman's fruited lambics as they are extremely bold, and I love fruit and berry flavors. They really balance the right amount of sweetness with tartness and are extremely drinkable.

Lindeman's Frambois and Kreik are alway a nice treat!

4.15/5  rDev +5.9%

I tried the raspberry flavor. Great taste, but very sweet! A pint is definitely shareable. Good choice for a dessert beverage alone or with a semi-sweet cake.

4.18/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Remarkable purple-pink color. Plenty of pink-tinged foam in the Mort Subite globe. Tingly on the tongue with an acidic edge.

This is hugely raspberry scented as well as flavored with berries. It's a really sensational flavor. The fruit also adds to the tart sensation. It's quite sharp but also a little on the sweet side. This is more like champagne than anything in the beer universe, so it might be the brew for a non-typical beer occasion.

This is an experience not to be missed. It's also an education in a traditional lambic yeast brew that doesn't involve the vinegar excesses of so many American Wild Ales. From the 22 oz bottle purchased at Servall Liquor in San Diego.

4.25/5  rDev +8.4%

We had this beer on thanksgiving. It was awesome. I had the duty in the family of picking up something that would drink well with oven roasted and smoked turkey (imagine my excitement!). I chose a Lambic. I did no wrong. This was served in snifters around the table. The aromas were of blackberry, raspberry, and pomegranate. The flavor was pleasantly puckered and balanced with sweetness. It left a film of fruitiness in the mouth. The mouthfeel was buzzing, light and then medium bodied, and coated the palate.

Overall a very smooth beer. We had it again with spaghetti and it paired excellent.

3.95/5  rDev +0.8%

Not only did I enjoy this lambic, but I think it converted several of my family, who are not craft beer drinkers.

Served with Thanksgiving Dinner, if you have served any sparkling red wines before, give this a try with your Holiday meals.

4.59/5  rDev +17.1%

Pours a beautiful rose color with a thin pink head. Head dissipates rather quickly and is not retained hardly at all. Smells of raspberries, but not very pronounced. The taste is delicious! Raspberry sweetness and tartness, perfect balance between the two, in my opinion. Tingles the tongue and goes down smooth. I would drink this everyday if it was less expensive.

Compared to others similar, this one isn't too funky..

It emphasizes the sweet/sour/tartness of the added raspberry with a just hint of vinegar-y-ness in the aroma.

**** Comparable to Rosée de Gambrinus from Cantillon on Bruxelles, Belgium (for those farmilliar) but much sweeter, a little less emphasis on the tartness and funkiness (in the aroma).

I could definitely drink a ton of these in the summer

***** Highly recommend to those seeking something different - and those seeking something light, sweet and fruity.

Could easily substitute cocktails/soft drinks in the summer..

3.98/5  rDev +1.5%

I picked up a bottle of Lindemans Framboise last week for $6.49 at The Lager Mill. I've had this beer more than a few times over the year, but for some reason I've never bought a bottle and reviewed and I thought today would be a good day to do that, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a green 12oz foiled bottle into a tulip.

A- The label looks ok, it's got that classic Lindemans look and it just a little eye catching. It poured a dark maroon like color that took on more of a ruby crimson hue when held to the light with a little under two fingers worth of dark pint head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This was a good looking Lambic, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberries being the first to show up and they impart a nice raspberry preserve aroma that has a nice natural aspect to it and it has some sweetness at the end that makes it raspberry jelly like. Towards the end comes the tartness which works nice with the raspberry aroma. This beer had a good aroma that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

T- The taste seems to be very similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberry still being the first to show up and it imparts the same nice aspects that it did in the aroma with that raspberry jelly aspect sticking out the most. On the finish comes a combination of sweet and tart flavors that truly makes it a dessert beer and it had sweet and tart raspberry aftertaste. This was good tasting beer that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

M- Fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, medium bodied with a slightly lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was pretty nice and it works well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and I thought it was a good example of a raspberry Lambic, it had all the aspects that I expect from the style and there were no off flavors. This beer had ok drinkability, it was fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, but I think the sweetness would start to wear on me after more than one glass, so I think one glass would be a prefect amount for me and it makes for a great dessert beer. What I like the most about this beer was the how true to style it was, it's just what i expect from a raspberry lambic. What I liked the least about this beer was the sweetness, I think it could be toned just a little. I would buy this beer again and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the style. All in all i was happy with this beer, it makes a nice dessert beer and I enjoy drinking it. So far it's my favorite Raspberry Lamic, but it isn't my favorite from Lindemans, I still prefer the Kriek. Good job guys, this was a tasty beer, keep up the hard work.

Earthy and yeasty. Sweet to start but not cloying. Tart like a proper Raspberry should be. When a friend from Brussels learned I had it, she got verklempt, which I think is important.

4.15/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

355 ml bottle served ina Belgian snifter.
Flavor: exceptional and strong raspberry flavor with a light sweetness nicely balanced by some tartness.
Excellent body with appropriately high carbonation.
The use of wild yeast shows in the somewhat funky aroma.

3.75/5  rDev -4.3%

Poured from a 355ML wine bottle into a wine glass.

Appearance: Cloudy dark purple body with a thinner pink head.

Smell: Light raspberry aroma.

Taste: Tastes like a carbonated frozen raspberry fruit bar. Not nearly as sour as I was expecting.

Mouthfeel: Very prickly champagne-like carbonation.

Overall: Glad I tried it. Good, not great, not quite sure what all of the sour fuss is about. I guess I'll have to explore more!

3.99/5  rDev +1.8%

Lindemann framboise - raspberry
Smelling light balsamic wine, toffee.
Very sweet with light sourness, reminds me of defunct soda dark fruit soda called Torino from childhood. Alcohol completely hidden. More fruit juice than beer

3.66/5  rDev -6.6%

Deep red colour, one finger of pink head, no lace. Smell is full of sweet, fruity raspberry, lightly funky, a bit of cheese rind as well, mix of sugary and tart berry juice is a pretty good description of this. Taste is of sweet berry up front, sugar coated raspberry and raspberry candy, mid palate of jammy berry flavours with a tart fruity aftertaste. Medium carbonation, medium bodied and lightly syrupy. A bit too sweet for my tastes perhaps but still quite good for a sweeter lambic something I could drink again easily.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans