Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
Reviews: 979 | Hads: 2,543
4.15/5  rDev +4.8%

I tried the raspberry flavor. Great taste, but very sweet! A pint is definitely shareable. Good choice for a dessert beverage alone or with a semi-sweet cake. (158 characters)

4.18/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Remarkable purple-pink color. Plenty of pink-tinged foam in the Mort Subite globe. Tingly on the tongue with an acidic edge.

This is hugely raspberry scented as well as flavored with berries. It's a really sensational flavor. The fruit also adds to the tart sensation. It's quite sharp but also a little on the sweet side. This is more like champagne than anything in the beer universe, so it might be the brew for a non-typical beer occasion.

This is an experience not to be missed. It's also an education in a traditional lambic yeast brew that doesn't involve the vinegar excesses of so many American Wild Ales. From the 22 oz bottle purchased at Servall Liquor in San Diego. (681 characters)

4.25/5  rDev +7.3%

We had this beer on thanksgiving. It was awesome. I had the duty in the family of picking up something that would drink well with oven roasted and smoked turkey (imagine my excitement!). I chose a Lambic. I did no wrong. This was served in snifters around the table. The aromas were of blackberry, raspberry, and pomegranate. The flavor was pleasantly puckered and balanced with sweetness. It left a film of fruitiness in the mouth. The mouthfeel was buzzing, light and then medium bodied, and coated the palate.

Overall a very smooth beer. We had it again with spaghetti and it paired excellent. (598 characters)

3.95/5  rDev -0.3%

Not only did I enjoy this lambic, but I think it converted several of my family, who are not craft beer drinkers.

Served with Thanksgiving Dinner, if you have served any sparkling red wines before, give this a try with your Holiday meals. (239 characters)

4.59/5  rDev +15.9%

Pours a beautiful rose color with a thin pink head. Head dissipates rather quickly and is not retained hardly at all. Smells of raspberries, but not very pronounced. The taste is delicious! Raspberry sweetness and tartness, perfect balance between the two, in my opinion. Tingles the tongue and goes down smooth. I would drink this everyday if it was less expensive. (366 characters)

Compared to others similar, this one isn't too funky..

It emphasizes the sweet/sour/tartness of the added raspberry with a just hint of vinegar-y-ness in the aroma.

**** Comparable to Rosée de Gambrinus from Cantillon on Bruxelles, Belgium (for those farmilliar) but much sweeter, a little less emphasis on the tartness and funkiness (in the aroma).

I could definitely drink a ton of these in the summer

***** Highly recommend to those seeking something different - and those seeking something light, sweet and fruity.

Could easily substitute cocktails/soft drinks in the summer.. (590 characters)

3.98/5  rDev +0.5%

I picked up a bottle of Lindemans Framboise last week for $6.49 at The Lager Mill. I've had this beer more than a few times over the year, but for some reason I've never bought a bottle and reviewed and I thought today would be a good day to do that, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a green 12oz foiled bottle into a tulip.

A- The label looks ok, it's got that classic Lindemans look and it just a little eye catching. It poured a dark maroon like color that took on more of a ruby crimson hue when held to the light with a little under two fingers worth of dark pint head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This was a good looking Lambic, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberries being the first to show up and they impart a nice raspberry preserve aroma that has a nice natural aspect to it and it has some sweetness at the end that makes it raspberry jelly like. Towards the end comes the tartness which works nice with the raspberry aroma. This beer had a good aroma that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

T- The taste seems to be very similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberry still being the first to show up and it imparts the same nice aspects that it did in the aroma with that raspberry jelly aspect sticking out the most. On the finish comes a combination of sweet and tart flavors that truly makes it a dessert beer and it had sweet and tart raspberry aftertaste. This was good tasting beer that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

M- Fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, medium bodied with a slightly lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was pretty nice and it works well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and I thought it was a good example of a raspberry Lambic, it had all the aspects that I expect from the style and there were no off flavors. This beer had ok drinkability, it was fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, but I think the sweetness would start to wear on me after more than one glass, so I think one glass would be a prefect amount for me and it makes for a great dessert beer. What I like the most about this beer was the how true to style it was, it's just what i expect from a raspberry lambic. What I liked the least about this beer was the sweetness, I think it could be toned just a little. I would buy this beer again and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the style. All in all i was happy with this beer, it makes a nice dessert beer and I enjoy drinking it. So far it's my favorite Raspberry Lamic, but it isn't my favorite from Lindemans, I still prefer the Kriek. Good job guys, this was a tasty beer, keep up the hard work. (2,978 characters)

Earthy and yeasty. Sweet to start but not cloying. Tart like a proper Raspberry should be. When a friend from Brussels learned I had it, she got verklempt, which I think is important. (183 characters)

4.15/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

355 ml bottle served ina Belgian snifter.
Flavor: exceptional and strong raspberry flavor with a light sweetness nicely balanced by some tartness.
Excellent body with appropriately high carbonation.
The use of wild yeast shows in the somewhat funky aroma. (257 characters)

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%

Poured from a 355ML wine bottle into a wine glass.

Appearance: Cloudy dark purple body with a thinner pink head.

Smell: Light raspberry aroma.

Taste: Tastes like a carbonated frozen raspberry fruit bar. Not nearly as sour as I was expecting.

Mouthfeel: Very prickly champagne-like carbonation.

Overall: Glad I tried it. Good, not great, not quite sure what all of the sour fuss is about. I guess I'll have to explore more! (437 characters)

3.66/5  rDev -7.6%

Deep red colour, one finger of pink head, no lace. Smell is full of sweet, fruity raspberry, lightly funky, a bit of cheese rind as well, mix of sugary and tart berry juice is a pretty good description of this. Taste is of sweet berry up front, sugar coated raspberry and raspberry candy, mid palate of jammy berry flavours with a tart fruity aftertaste. Medium carbonation, medium bodied and lightly syrupy. A bit too sweet for my tastes perhaps but still quite good for a sweeter lambic something I could drink again easily. (533 characters)

4.05/5  rDev +2.3%

750 ml green bottle purchased from LBCO for $9.85 CDN. Served chilled into glassware.

Appearance - a brilliant raspberry purple brilliance flows from the bottle that is hazy and capped by a finger and a half of pinkish head that will recede somewhat, but other parts will stay for the entire glass.

Smell - Tons and tons of fresh raspberries.

Taste - More fresh raspberries accentuated with a subtle tartness that shines through.

Mouthfeel - Smooth and creamy yet very delicate and light. Exteremly refined. Juicy finish.

Overall - WIth something as focused on one thing, as this beer is (raspberries) it can be hard to make a beer that is balanced inviting and make you want to go back for more even after the entire bottle is gone, yet this succeeded. While my experience with lambics is rather limited, this stands up as the best and most enjoyable one I've had something I could go to time and again. (913 characters)

3.85/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Appearance: Rich reddish-purple in color. Cloudy; completely opaque. Pours with a 2 finger creamy pinkish-white head that dies down leaving an uneven coating of foam on the surface of the beer and lots of sticky lacing on the sides of the glass.

Smell: Extremely sweet raspberry aroma; smells more like a soda than a beer. While delicious smelling, almost too sweet. All you can smell is the raspberry.

Taste: Delicious raspberry flavor. Just like the smell - too sweet. Kind of syrupy. It's ALL raspberry and you taste nothing else.

Mouthfeel: Medium to heavy body. Lots of light carbonation. Kind of velvety feeling in your mouth, tough again kind of syrupy.

Overall: Tough it is ridiculously sweet, I really enjoyed this beer as the intense raspberry flavor was delicious. I do wish the sweetness was toned down. This was more like a soda than a beer. It would be good to sip as a dessert beer now and then. Not something you would drink often, though I would buy it again. I don't see traditional beer lovers going for this one. (1,036 characters)

3.44/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

12oz bottle into matching Linemans flute glass.

A: Pours a clear cranberry juice ruby with a large, thick, light pink head that slowly faded into a soft and lasting collar. Rings of thick and sticky lacing were left down the glass.
S: Dominating and cloying notes of sugary raspberry juice. There’s a hint of more realistic, tart raspberries as well.
T: Follows the nose with flavors of very sweet raspberry juice up front, and slightly tart raspberry puree in the finish. Raspberry syrup or candy comes to mind. The aftertaste is sweet, mildly sour, and lingering.
M: Syrupy and heavy mouthfeel, medium-full body, viscous and almost greasy. Bubbly ample yet soft carbonation.
O: A pretty standard tasting lambic for Lindemans. Cloyingly sweet, borderline synthetic tasting overall. Nice once in a while to sip on, but overall way too sweet for my tastes. (861 characters)

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a Lindemans glass. Color was a purpley red burgundy shade, with a light pink head. Had started off as 3 fingers, quickly faded to just lacings with decent side cling. Aroma was somewhat one note, primarily raspberries, very sweet sugary ripe ones. Very small hint of malt hiding in the back. Flavor was slightly sour that shifted to a very sweet ripe berry flavor. Definitely beneficial to consume at the suggested temperature, would be a bit to sweet at warmer temps. Coated nicely, a bit of carbonation that tingled the tongue. Not overly thick, but boarding on being so. A nice change up beer. (608 characters)

4.16/5  rDev +5.1%

A- its a vibrant, glowing red with a magenta head. Nice head retention, great lacing. Lots of active carbonation is visible in the glass.

S- wow, ripe raspberries. That's it. The aroma is sweet and alluring.

T- raspberry, start to finish. Really sweet and bold up front, but then it turns earthy and tart, just as an actual raspberry would. Wow. This tastes amazing.

M- light bodied, champagne-like carbonation. Really clean and refreshing.

O- I didn't think that I would like this... I was wrong.... (506 characters)

4.72/5  rDev +19.2%

This is the first lambic I've tried. The smell is intensely raspberry. The bubbles are tiny and the foam is small and pink. Taste is pure wild raspberry, tart, slightly sweet, small taste of yeast. Could be slightly crisper and it would probably be perfect. (257 characters)

4.3/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This is a wonderful fruity beer for people who are either not into bitter IPAs or filling milky stouts.

This lambic has a genuine tangy raspberry smell that makes you eager to take a sip. Has a bubby and light mouthfeel to it, almost like a sparkling cider or champagne. Obviously it has a strong raspberry taste that stays true to what a real fresh raspberry would taste like. It has a tangy aftertaste that isn't too powerful, but has a decent lingering to it.

Definitely a nice well made lambic. If I ever have a craft beer night with my buds and have people there that arent really into the craft beer world, this is what I would have as a backup. (654 characters)

4.15/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4

This beer was served in a chalice and had a dark red hazy color with a light pink head. The smell was a deep fruity raspberry aroma that dominated the nostrils. As expected, the flavor was similar to the smell, a sweet, tart, raspberry flavor with a slightly tart aftertaste. The carbonation was closer to that of a soda rather than an ale.

This lambic had the flavor and mouth feel of a carbonated juice.

When I hear that people serve beer to their children at dinner in Europe I imagine this is the type of beer they would serve to them.

In moderation, this is a deliciously sweet desert ale I would share with friends who do not typically enjoy beers. (658 characters)

4.75/5  rDev +19.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

If you like a sweet raspberry beer this is the one for you. Smell is wonderful and fruity. Mouth feel has a bubbly feel high in carbonation. Drink this cold as it doesn't taste very good warm bit you should have no problem because taste is excellent and you will want bottle after bottle. Low in abv so will make a good session beer for your lady if she is she is not into other beers. (385 characters)

4.37/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Appearance: A beautiful bright dark red color, almost like a red wine. It has a nice white head when first poured but it almost disappears after a few sips. Also, it does leave a nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: The loveliest raspberry aroma one could hope for in a beer (to those who enjoy fruity beers that is). It also reminded me a bit of hibiscus flower water (Agua de jamaica), a typical Mexican non-alcoholic beverage.

Flavor: A perfect balance of sweet and sour, it's almost like a raspberry soda, reminded me of a very intense and aromatic Italian soda. It also tastes a bit like hibiscus flower water, specially after the second sip. I did pucker up a bit on the last sip

Mouthfeel: It feels like an extremely carbonated fizzy drink (yet it doesn't look like it is, there are almost no bubbles formed in the glass).

Aftertaste: Very tangy and acidic aftertaste, so naturally, I loved it. Tartness factor: High

Overall: This was my very first Lambic, I had no idea fruity beers existed. Now that I do, I'm curious to try some more. I enjoyed this brew and would love to pair it with a thick piece of sweet dark chocolate cake. (1,142 characters)

4.2/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I'm going to be complete honest: Until this beer, i didn't like beer.
I'm from a part of the world, where Laggers are the big thing, and to me laggers do not taste good.

But, on a trip to FLL a friend suggested i try this one. I can't say i don't like beer no more.

I'm not beer expert, so i can't comment with the details more experienced drinkers can, but i can say it was a very tasteful beer, with awesome smell and delightful after taste. I'll start now looking for other lambic fruits beers. (501 characters)

3.84/5  rDev -3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

My first time to experience a Lambic, and I will definitely be returning to this style.

Poured from a bottle into a tulip glass. Pinkish red body with a slightly fluffy pink head that quickly decays.

Nose was raspberry with some funk, and the flavor followed the nose. I'm not sure what to make of this as I enjoy it, but have trouble thinking of it as a beer. I think the yeast funk helped to distinguish it from just a fruit drink.

Mouth was nice and fizzy, which seemed appropriate.

All in all, an interesting and drinkable beer. Not something I want regularly, but on special occasions, it is refreshing and even my wife will drink it. (643 characters)

4.02/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Virtually transparent brew, beautiful garnet in color, with a surprisingly enduring and firm pink/purple head - anywhere from one to two fingers depending on the pour. Leaves a lot of nice scattered lacing on the glass.

Raspberry aroma; surprised? Beyond that, there's some mild funk and earthy yeast.

Raspberry dominates the flavor, as well, more so than any of the other Lindeman's lambics. Still, there's a nice background of straw, light funk, and chewy yeast flavors. Very sweet.

Too much sweet, sugary retention in the mouth. Nice but not overpowering pucker factor from the sourness. Very smooth, no sting, but still lively.

Balanced and approachable beer. A little too heavy on the raspberry, which isn't my favorite flavor, but other than that, a very drinkable and tasty beer. (790 characters)

3.05/5  rDev -23%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

From the 355 ml. corked green bottle. Sampled on January 30, 2014.

When it com,es to Lambics it is very hard for me to be unbiased. I am not a fan of the style but I happened to pick this one up on a clearance rack in my town and knew I hadn't reviewed it.

It pours reddish-purple with little to no head and a touch of lacing on the glass. If it wasn't for the slight head I would have thought someone poured me a glass of Ocean Spray juice.

A full raspberry aroma bursts through my senses with hardly any other notable beer-like character. Just raspberry and sweetness.

Light to medium body which is not bad.

The taste is like drinking a raspberry Twister with invisible malts, toast, or yeast and only the slightest tart bite at the end, which could be attributed more closely to the fruit. If it was hot and humid outside I might actually indulge in one of these. But to me it is more like a fruit drink rather than a beer. (931 characters)

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans