Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000

2.5-4.0% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,520 | Reviews: 1,006
4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

Light and refreshing. Great taste to sip and enjoy.

3.89/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Wonderful fruity berry taste throughout but a little hard to think of as a beer.

Compared to others similar, this one isn't too funky..

It emphasizes the sweet/sour/tartness of the added raspberry with a just hint of vinegar-y-ness in the aroma.

**** Comparable to Rosée de Gambrinus from Cantillon on Bruxelles, Belgium (for those farmilliar) but much sweeter, a little less emphasis on the tartness and funkiness (in the aroma).

I could definitely drink a ton of these in the summer

***** Highly recommend to those seeking something different - and those seeking something light, sweet and fruity.

Could easily substitute cocktails/soft drinks in the summer..

3.98/5  rDev +3.1%

I picked up a bottle of Lindemans Framboise last week for $6.49 at The Lager Mill. I've had this beer more than a few times over the year, but for some reason I've never bought a bottle and reviewed and I thought today would be a good day to do that, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a green 12oz foiled bottle into a tulip.

A- The label looks ok, it's got that classic Lindemans look and it just a little eye catching. It poured a dark maroon like color that took on more of a ruby crimson hue when held to the light with a little under two fingers worth of dark pint head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This was a good looking Lambic, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberries being the first to show up and they impart a nice raspberry preserve aroma that has a nice natural aspect to it and it has some sweetness at the end that makes it raspberry jelly like. Towards the end comes the tartness which works nice with the raspberry aroma. This beer had a good aroma that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

T- The taste seems to be very similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberry still being the first to show up and it imparts the same nice aspects that it did in the aroma with that raspberry jelly aspect sticking out the most. On the finish comes a combination of sweet and tart flavors that truly makes it a dessert beer and it had sweet and tart raspberry aftertaste. This was good tasting beer that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

M- Fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, medium bodied with a slightly lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was pretty nice and it works well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and I thought it was a good example of a raspberry Lambic, it had all the aspects that I expect from the style and there were no off flavors. This beer had ok drinkability, it was fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, but I think the sweetness would start to wear on me after more than one glass, so I think one glass would be a prefect amount for me and it makes for a great dessert beer. What I like the most about this beer was the how true to style it was, it's just what i expect from a raspberry lambic. What I liked the least about this beer was the sweetness, I think it could be toned just a little. I would buy this beer again and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the style. All in all i was happy with this beer, it makes a nice dessert beer and I enjoy drinking it. So far it's my favorite Raspberry Lamic, but it isn't my favorite from Lindemans, I still prefer the Kriek. Good job guys, this was a tasty beer, keep up the hard work.

Earthy and yeasty. Sweet to start but not cloying. Tart like a proper Raspberry should be. When a friend from Brussels learned I had it, she got verklempt, which I think is important.

Great for threading a Stout. I like to mix an ounce or 2 in with a good stout or porter. Try it with some old Rasputin.

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

Good beer, but a bit on the sweet side but the tart flavor does balance it out pretty well. Looks like a mini champagne bottle.

I don't normally enjoy a super sweet such as this but the raspberry comes out in this one so much I love every sip.

4.15/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

355 ml bottle served ina Belgian snifter.
Flavor: exceptional and strong raspberry flavor with a light sweetness nicely balanced by some tartness.
Excellent body with appropriately high carbonation.
The use of wild yeast shows in the somewhat funky aroma.

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

Not exactly my style, but it was pretty good, in a "different way"

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

Poured from a 355ML wine bottle into a wine glass.

Appearance: Cloudy dark purple body with a thinner pink head.

Smell: Light raspberry aroma.

Taste: Tastes like a carbonated frozen raspberry fruit bar. Not nearly as sour as I was expecting.

Mouthfeel: Very prickly champagne-like carbonation.

Overall: Glad I tried it. Good, not great, not quite sure what all of the sour fuss is about. I guess I'll have to explore more!

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

Better than the Kriek, not as good as Pêche. All of 'em sweet as hell.

3.66/5  rDev -5.2%

Deep red colour, one finger of pink head, no lace. Smell is full of sweet, fruity raspberry, lightly funky, a bit of cheese rind as well, mix of sugary and tart berry juice is a pretty good description of this. Taste is of sweet berry up front, sugar coated raspberry and raspberry candy, mid palate of jammy berry flavours with a tart fruity aftertaste. Medium carbonation, medium bodied and lightly syrupy. A bit too sweet for my tastes perhaps but still quite good for a sweeter lambic something I could drink again easily.

4.05/5  rDev +4.9%

750 ml green bottle purchased from LBCO for $9.85 CDN. Served chilled into glassware.

Appearance - a brilliant raspberry purple brilliance flows from the bottle that is hazy and capped by a finger and a half of pinkish head that will recede somewhat, but other parts will stay for the entire glass.

Smell - Tons and tons of fresh raspberries.

Taste - More fresh raspberries accentuated with a subtle tartness that shines through.

Mouthfeel - Smooth and creamy yet very delicate and light. Exteremly refined. Juicy finish.

Overall - WIth something as focused on one thing, as this beer is (raspberries) it can be hard to make a beer that is balanced inviting and make you want to go back for more even after the entire bottle is gone, yet this succeeded. While my experience with lambics is rather limited, this stands up as the best and most enjoyable one I've had something I could go to time and again.

3.85/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Appearance: Rich reddish-purple in color. Cloudy; completely opaque. Pours with a 2 finger creamy pinkish-white head that dies down leaving an uneven coating of foam on the surface of the beer and lots of sticky lacing on the sides of the glass.

Smell: Extremely sweet raspberry aroma; smells more like a soda than a beer. While delicious smelling, almost too sweet. All you can smell is the raspberry.

Taste: Delicious raspberry flavor. Just like the smell - too sweet. Kind of syrupy. It's ALL raspberry and you taste nothing else.

Mouthfeel: Medium to heavy body. Lots of light carbonation. Kind of velvety feeling in your mouth, tough again kind of syrupy.

Overall: Tough it is ridiculously sweet, I really enjoyed this beer as the intense raspberry flavor was delicious. I do wish the sweetness was toned down. This was more like a soda than a beer. It would be good to sip as a dessert beer now and then. Not something you would drink often, though I would buy it again. I don't see traditional beer lovers going for this one.

3.44/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

12oz bottle into matching Linemans flute glass.

A: Pours a clear cranberry juice ruby with a large, thick, light pink head that slowly faded into a soft and lasting collar. Rings of thick and sticky lacing were left down the glass.
S: Dominating and cloying notes of sugary raspberry juice. There’s a hint of more realistic, tart raspberries as well.
T: Follows the nose with flavors of very sweet raspberry juice up front, and slightly tart raspberry puree in the finish. Raspberry syrup or candy comes to mind. The aftertaste is sweet, mildly sour, and lingering.
M: Syrupy and heavy mouthfeel, medium-full body, viscous and almost greasy. Bubbly ample yet soft carbonation.
O: A pretty standard tasting lambic for Lindemans. Cloyingly sweet, borderline synthetic tasting overall. Nice once in a while to sip on, but overall way too sweet for my tastes.

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a Lindemans glass. Color was a purpley red burgundy shade, with a light pink head. Had started off as 3 fingers, quickly faded to just lacings with decent side cling. Aroma was somewhat one note, primarily raspberries, very sweet sugary ripe ones. Very small hint of malt hiding in the back. Flavor was slightly sour that shifted to a very sweet ripe berry flavor. Definitely beneficial to consume at the suggested temperature, would be a bit to sweet at warmer temps. Coated nicely, a bit of carbonation that tingled the tongue. Not overly thick, but boarding on being so. A nice change up beer.

4.16/5  rDev +7.8%

A- its a vibrant, glowing red with a magenta head. Nice head retention, great lacing. Lots of active carbonation is visible in the glass.

S- wow, ripe raspberries. That's it. The aroma is sweet and alluring.

T- raspberry, start to finish. Really sweet and bold up front, but then it turns earthy and tart, just as an actual raspberry would. Wow. This tastes amazing.

M- light bodied, champagne-like carbonation. Really clean and refreshing.

O- I didn't think that I would like this... I was wrong....

4.72/5  rDev +22.3%

This is the first lambic I've tried. The smell is intensely raspberry. The bubbles are tiny and the foam is small and pink. Taste is pure wild raspberry, tart, slightly sweet, small taste of yeast. Could be slightly crisper and it would probably be perfect.

4.3/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This is a wonderful fruity beer for people who are either not into bitter IPAs or filling milky stouts.

This lambic has a genuine tangy raspberry smell that makes you eager to take a sip. Has a bubby and light mouthfeel to it, almost like a sparkling cider or champagne. Obviously it has a strong raspberry taste that stays true to what a real fresh raspberry would taste like. It has a tangy aftertaste that isn't too powerful, but has a decent lingering to it.

Definitely a nice well made lambic. If I ever have a craft beer night with my buds and have people there that arent really into the craft beer world, this is what I would have as a backup.

4.15/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4

This beer was served in a chalice and had a dark red hazy color with a light pink head. The smell was a deep fruity raspberry aroma that dominated the nostrils. As expected, the flavor was similar to the smell, a sweet, tart, raspberry flavor with a slightly tart aftertaste. The carbonation was closer to that of a soda rather than an ale.

This lambic had the flavor and mouth feel of a carbonated juice.

When I hear that people serve beer to their children at dinner in Europe I imagine this is the type of beer they would serve to them.

In moderation, this is a deliciously sweet desert ale I would share with friends who do not typically enjoy beers.

4.75/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

If you like a sweet raspberry beer this is the one for you. Smell is wonderful and fruity. Mouth feel has a bubbly feel high in carbonation. Drink this cold as it doesn't taste very good warm bit you should have no problem because taste is excellent and you will want bottle after bottle. Low in abv so will make a good session beer for your lady if she is she is not into other beers.

4.37/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Appearance: A beautiful bright dark red color, almost like a red wine. It has a nice white head when first poured but it almost disappears after a few sips. Also, it does leave a nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: The loveliest raspberry aroma one could hope for in a beer (to those who enjoy fruity beers that is). It also reminded me a bit of hibiscus flower water (Agua de jamaica), a typical Mexican non-alcoholic beverage.

Flavor: A perfect balance of sweet and sour, it's almost like a raspberry soda, reminded me of a very intense and aromatic Italian soda. It also tastes a bit like hibiscus flower water, specially after the second sip. I did pucker up a bit on the last sip

Mouthfeel: It feels like an extremely carbonated fizzy drink (yet it doesn't look like it is, there are almost no bubbles formed in the glass).

Aftertaste: Very tangy and acidic aftertaste, so naturally, I loved it. Tartness factor: High

Overall: This was my very first Lambic, I had no idea fruity beers existed. Now that I do, I'm curious to try some more. I enjoyed this brew and would love to pair it with a thick piece of sweet dark chocolate cake.

4.2/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I'm going to be complete honest: Until this beer, i didn't like beer.
I'm from a part of the world, where Laggers are the big thing, and to me laggers do not taste good.

But, on a trip to FLL a friend suggested i try this one. I can't say i don't like beer no more.

I'm not beer expert, so i can't comment with the details more experienced drinkers can, but i can say it was a very tasteful beer, with awesome smell and delightful after taste. I'll start now looking for other lambic fruits beers.

3.84/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

My first time to experience a Lambic, and I will definitely be returning to this style.

Poured from a bottle into a tulip glass. Pinkish red body with a slightly fluffy pink head that quickly decays.

Nose was raspberry with some funk, and the flavor followed the nose. I'm not sure what to make of this as I enjoy it, but have trouble thinking of it as a beer. I think the yeast funk helped to distinguish it from just a fruit drink.

Mouth was nice and fizzy, which seemed appropriate.

All in all, an interesting and drinkable beer. Not something I want regularly, but on special occasions, it is refreshing and even my wife will drink it.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans