Lindemans Framboise - Brouwerij Lindemans

good

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  2.50% ABV

2.5-4.0% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-01-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Framboise Alström Bros
3.66/5  rDev -4.9%

Tylertut, Oct 29, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

saison90, Oct 28, 2014

FaradayUncaged, Oct 26, 2014
4.08/5  rDev +6%

Bmcallahan, Oct 26, 2014
3.98/5  rDev +3.4%

I picked up a bottle of Lindemans Framboise last week for $6.49 at The Lager Mill. I've had this beer more than a few times over the year, but for some reason I've never bought a bottle and reviewed and I thought today would be a good day to do that, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a green 12oz foiled bottle into a tulip.

A- The label looks ok, it's got that classic Lindemans look and it just a little eye catching. It poured a dark maroon like color that took on more of a ruby crimson hue when held to the light with a little under two fingers worth of dark pint head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This was a good looking Lambic, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberries being the first to show up and they impart a nice raspberry preserve aroma that has a nice natural aspect to it and it has some sweetness at the end that makes it raspberry jelly like. Towards the end comes the tartness which works nice with the raspberry aroma. This beer had a good aroma that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

T- The taste seems to be very similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the raspberry still being the first to show up and it imparts the same nice aspects that it did in the aroma with that raspberry jelly aspect sticking out the most. On the finish comes a combination of sweet and tart flavors that truly makes it a dessert beer and it had sweet and tart raspberry aftertaste. This was good tasting beer that's just what I expect from a Framboise.

M- Fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, medium bodied with a slightly lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was pretty nice and it works well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and I thought it was a good example of a raspberry Lambic, it had all the aspects that I expect from the style and there were no off flavors. This beer had ok drinkability, it was fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little sticky, a little crisp, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, but I think the sweetness would start to wear on me after more than one glass, so I think one glass would be a prefect amount for me and it makes for a great dessert beer. What I like the most about this beer was the how true to style it was, it's just what i expect from a raspberry lambic. What I liked the least about this beer was the sweetness, I think it could be toned just a little. I would buy this beer again and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the style. All in all i was happy with this beer, it makes a nice dessert beer and I enjoy drinking it. So far it's my favorite Raspberry Lamic, but it isn't my favorite from Lindemans, I still prefer the Kriek. Good job guys, this was a tasty beer, keep up the hard work.

StoutHunter, Oct 25, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -28.6%

Alpar, Oct 24, 2014

BradtheGreat7, Oct 23, 2014

Earthy and yeasty. Sweet to start but not cloying. Tart like a proper Raspberry should be. When a friend from Brussels learned I had it, she got verklempt, which I think is important.

PostRockandCats, Oct 23, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

sjrodriguez, Oct 20, 2014

moshea, Oct 20, 2014

Great for threading a Stout. I like to mix an ounce or 2 in with a good stout or porter. Try it with some old Rasputin.

buzzedup, Oct 18, 2014

pmorey, Oct 18, 2014

Wolberjs, Oct 17, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

BarrytheBear, Oct 17, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

Good beer, but a bit on the sweet side but the tart flavor does balance it out pretty well. Looks like a mini champagne bottle.

rob111270, Oct 16, 2014

I don't normally enjoy a super sweet such as this but the raspberry comes out in this one so much I love every sip.

freakspank, Oct 16, 2014

AndrewBV, Oct 13, 2014
3.84/5  rDev -0.3%

dwwnole1, Oct 12, 2014
4.19/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

355 ml bottle served ina Belgian snifter.
Flavor: exceptional and strong raspberry flavor with a light sweetness nicely balanced by some tartness.
Excellent body with appropriately high carbonation.
The use of wild yeast shows in the somewhat funky aroma.

chinchill, Oct 12, 2014