Lindemans Kriek - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans KriekLindemans Kriek

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  4.00% ABV

Beer added by: Quaffer on 07-28-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Kriek Alström Bros
Reviews: 500 | Hads: 1,126
3.65/5  rDev -6.2%

Pop the cap, and hidden underneath is a cork. Seems pretty serious about sealing this brew! Pours a clear reddish purple with a pink busy fizzy head that sticks around for a bit. The strong, nearly overwhelming scent of sweet black cherries comes flailing out with nothing more than a note of tartness along with it. The taste mimics the aromas along with a light carb trailing into a sweet-tart candy-like finish. I feel like I'm drinking a dessert! Perhaps a beer that I could finally get the woman in my life to
like ;-). This is a good beverage, but not one I could drink much of at one sitting. Op uw gezonheid! (618 characters)

3.8/5  rDev -2.3%

Sampled at From The Vine beer tasting Jan 9th, 2004: This beer is a bright maroon color with a thin white head. Aroma of black cherries. Mouthfeel like sparkling wine, with a strong tart cherry flavor throughout. The finish is dry and fruity. This is very drinkable after you recover from the initial blast of cherry. (317 characters)

4.3/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Pours deep cherry with a modest sized light pink head. An excellent looking beer. Laces well and lasts a while.

Obviously a strong aroma of diverse cherries...all kinds....very pleasing with sweet and sour scents as well.

Starts out very sweet, sourness comes out on the mid-palate. Then, a large amount of cherries come in on the finish followed by more sourness. I really like this beer and I am starting to really like the style. This particular one is a little too sweet for my liking. I was looking for more of a deep cherry flavor and a little more tartness. Nonetheless, this is a tasty ale! (605 characters)

3.15/5  rDev -19%

KREEK - tastes like creek water, just kidding. They call this beer?? These beers with corks should be called lite wines. Nothing like other beers, very fruity.. but very tame, subtle, and still a bit complex. Yes, its sugary, and tart, that doesn't neccessarily make it horrid, just very different. The overpowering (to me) yeasts and sour cherry flavor tell me to pass this one to the women. (392 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +18.8%

Hazy ruby with a pink head. Laces in webs, well carbonated.
The aroma is full of cherry, very strong a combination of sour and sweet, maybe they use both black and red cherries, or it's just sweetness from the malt and my nose is playing tricks on me.
Nicely tart, the taste is sour cherry, just light malt under the cherry taste. Sweet cherry comes through next once you're used to the tartness. Not terribly complex as it's just a blend between cherry/sweet/sour in the aroma and flavor departments.
I love it but it never seems like I'm drinking a beer. I like to have this after dinner. (593 characters)

4.22/5  rDev +8.5%

pours a bright eye pleasing red with a pink bubbly head. champagne like carbonation with tons of bubbles racing to the surface. very nice lacing. big aroma of cherries takes control and thats all she wrote. taste wise? tart and tangy, cherries all over the place. the bit of maltiness that does come through is yeasty and breadlike but it can't hold a candle to the onslaught of cherries. light and bubbly, it dances all over your tongue and finishes slightly puckering. as real taste explosion and while it isn't something you can drink by the gallons, it is a wonderful treat and always hits the spot.

paid $4.99 for 12oz. (627 characters)

4.32/5  rDev +11.1%

Bright rosy red color, huge pink head.
Nose is utterly decadent, sweet and sugary, bold cherries, yet also sour, like SweeTarts candies!
Taste: right off, puckering sour, yet also sweet from the fruit, a constant fandango between the tastes.
Full mouthfeel, tantalizing texture.
Tartness lessens some toward the end, and then, it's pure heaven! (348 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +18.8%

355ml foil wrapped, corked green bottle. Pours a cascade of dark cherry wildness into a snifter with a two finger light pink head. Very attractive lacing of the same hue, but with some tiny beige bubbles. Bouquet of fresh dark cherries is intoxicating. It's sinful to taste. Light notes of hops and soft malt remind you that this is an ale. The Chantilly lace on the glass keeps reminding me that thiis Lambic cherry ale is very tasty. You can find this ale at most pubs/cafes in the Low Countries of western Europe. It's not cheap there, either.

Near perfect if you like cherries with your ale. (599 characters)

4.03/5  rDev +3.6%

This is a tasty lambic, though I must say I prefer their Framboise. Just more tart and interesting. Anyway. Took the cork out and was not pleased with the initial aroma. It was rather musty and I thought for a moment I had a skunky beer. I let it go though, and now once I pour it its true aromas come out. Though I have to say the bottle still smells a little rotten. I've poured it. Now the scent reminds me of my backyard when I was a kid in the spring. Smells like those berries I was told never to eat, trees, and a mild tart cherry aroma.

Very appealing brew. The head retains rather well atop a beautiful, effervescent cherry red body. I was quite surprised that this beer was not as carbonated as I expected, nor was it overly sweet or tart. Never really at any point makes my lips pucker. Has a mellow cherry flavor to it that is not overdone in any way. It could actually use some more tartness to liven things up a little. A nice Lambic to have every now and then, and it gives me a chance to break out my proper Lambic glassware...woo hoo! (1,055 characters)

3.52/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Not really sure how I feel about it. I'm used to fruity beer that tastes like Zima, so this was a nice change. The cherry aroma was nice if a bit artificial seeming, but the underlying mustiness scared me. Taste was a very nice balance of sweet and tart, but a cardboard aftertaste really killed it for me. Very welldone for a fruit beer IMHO, but I'm no expert on the style. I'll try others, so I'll give good marks just for encouraging me to try more of a style I've been neglecting. (485 characters)

4.27/5  rDev +9.8%

Poured rby red with very little head;almost looked fizzy, serious full cheery aroma, becomes a creamy cherry smell on second whiff, felt little carbonation on the tonguesoft creamy cherry taste, not to sweet or sour.Before the day was done I had called 5 people recommending that they try this (293 characters)

4.05/5  rDev +4.1%

What a great dessert beer we have here, this one can steal just about any girl's heart even if they say they don't like beer. Appearance: Deep cranberry color with a nice sized pink foam very bubbly champagne like quality all the way on the pour leaving heavy patches of lacing sip after sip nice looking beer. Aroma: Tart cherries oh so nice, vinous wine like presence here a simple a bit one dimensional and sweet but perfect at the same time. Taste: Predominantly one rush of cherries but so well textured and mellow and spritzy but put together so well, perfectly aged I have to seek out other examples of Lambic next mission is Cantillon. Mouthfeel: Bubbly like champagne tickles the senses with each sip yet slight syrup texture so sweet like candy could definitely drizzle this upon some cheesecake for a devine experience. Drinkability: Low abv tastes like candy easily consumed but very sweet keeping this one for me a true dessert beer, it's awesome the beer that makes many a folk realize that beer is such a broad term. (1,031 characters)

4.35/5  rDev +11.8%

12oz. bottle poured into a tulip-style glass. It pours a deep ruby red color with two fingers of light pink head. There is a little bit of lace left on the glass. Aromas of sweet black cherry and tartness fill the top of the glass. The smell is very rich and strong. The taste hits the tongue sweet, but turn tart quickly. The cherry taste is full and bold. The mouthfeel is very thick, but just a little bit bubbly. The drinkability is very good. A damn good lambic! (467 characters)

4.44/5  rDev +14.1%

11.2 oz bottle. One question, can someone explain the cork and bottle cap? It seems a little bit like overkill. Anway.

This lambic poured a small purple/whitish head with a clear ruby, burgundy body.

The nose is PURE fresh black cherries. It bassically smelled like you just opened a can of cherries. Or like a black cherry concentrate. It's quite an amazing and inviting smell.

The taste was yet again, pure black cherries. Tart and slightly sweet. A very fine champagne like carbonation. Rather thick but very easy drinking. It finishes with a very tart dry finish.

Overall it's a great lambic. It's almost a little tough to drink because it's so tart. After one bottle I felt like my teeth were going to rot from the acidity. But still.. A wonderful examble of the style. (786 characters)

4.69/5  rDev +20.6%

I didn't quite know what to expect on this one. Overall I thought it was great. It looked like champagne, it tasted a bit like cider. Definitely not what I am used to in a beer. I loved it thought. $11.00 a bottle at the local beer bar is pretty expensive though. I could go for another one. One good thing is you could drink a lot of these and at 4.0 ABV you will still be able to walk out. (391 characters)

4.02/5  rDev +3.3%

Aroma: I was definately taken back by this one. What a smell. Very fruity. Strong black cherry aroma, almost citrus.

Appearance: It looks like a burgandy glass of bubbley. Has a thin head and small bubbles. Opaque center with a little visibility around the edges of the glass.

Taste: Very sweet and tart. Really rich in the taste of black cherries and hints of almost a citrus fruit.

Mouthfeel: Very comparable to a champaigne, but a small sip of it wouldn't expand in your mouth as much with this. Swish it around a bit, its worth the effort.

Overall: This was my first lambic that I've tried. I was blown away by it. I spent a lot of money the following week sneaking a few bottles to the back of the fridge so my girlfriend wouldn't notice my purchases. Once she tried it she didn't care how much money I'd spent. I like this one a lot. (853 characters)

4.35/5  rDev +11.8%

My first lambic. Capped and corked.

There was very little head on the beer, if that is what you could call it. It was sort of some frothy bubbles that ring the side of the glass. There was some lace as well. The color was thin, bloody burgandy, which was imperveous to light. It was difficult to even see what was going on inside. Only occasionally could you see some particles floating around. The aroma was tart and earthy with a fair bit of damp, grassy notes deep in the nose. The taste was tart, but not total mouth pucker tart. Wonderful sour notes of dark syrupy cherries and lemon. The mouthfeel was thicker than the taste would let on with zesty tiny carbonation bubbles. I could drink a thousand of these all summer long if my wallet would let me. (760 characters)

3.7/5  rDev -4.9%

This brew has a strong Cherrie smell. Large purplish colored head of small, large and medium bubbles with a cloudy pinkish brown body. It leaves a nice lacing as it goes down. Refreshingly nice sweet fruit juice flavor with a lot of carbonation. It is very interestingly nice. My first Lambic and I kind of like it. If you like wine coolers you'll love this brew! (363 characters)

4.13/5  rDev +6.2%

I was out wandering around and found a package store that carries this fine, fine lambic. I've had the cassis, the peche, and the framboise before, but had never seen the kriek. This meant I had to purchase.

It poured a lustrous ruby red with a bit of lace that migrated quickly to the sides of the glass. The smell was different from any of the other lambics I've had. To put it roughly, it smelled like a nice pilsner with marischino cherries and a wet horse blanket all tossed into the same room together. The "pils" and cherry notes were strongest. The taste was very good with a large sweet cherry flavor leading the way, followed by a very sharp acid bite and then a subdued, mellow cherry finish. This beer will definitely make your mouth pucker. Easy to drink, and very interesting, this is one beer that I enjoy. (824 characters)

4.32/5  rDev +11.1%

An attractive pour somewhere between crimson and burgundy. Topped with a finger's worth of tight pink foam that laces heavily along the sides. Sweet black cherry scent that is noticeably more natural than the notes one finds in many fruit beers. Despite the strength of the fruit smell, foundation of clean grains is present as well. A crush of sweet but not syrupy cherries dominates the taste. This reminds me of a genuine fountain-made cherry phosphate but with enough underlying (and relatively dry) malt taste to prevent it from being unidimensional. Fades to a nice balance between fruit and grain, with a cleaner mouthfeel than I expect from something this sweet. Entirely too drinkable for one's own good (or the good of one's wallet). My first lambic will certainly not be my last. (790 characters)

4.05/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Burgundy hue, a finger of pink head, healthy retention, thick sheets of lace. Delicious black cherries dominate the nose with faint hints of maltiness. Alluring. Scrumptious palate, pleasantly tart but there is a perfect undertone mix of tangy and sweet cherries... nice malt undertones too. Ideal carbonated, medium-light body… a simple pleasure to drink. Lovely acidic/tart aftertaste, slight puckering affect, leaves you wanting more. Indeed it lacks some flavor depth and complexity but this is still a tasty treat. Screw wine, drink lambic! (546 characters)

4.32/5  rDev +11.1%

Pours to a reddish-purple color. Has a super black cherry smell. It smells like cherry pie and cherry 7up. The flavor is sweet with black cherries. It is just delicious. It would be a great beer with a dessert like white cake or vanilla ice cream. A very enjoyable beer. (270 characters)

3.92/5  rDev +0.8%

This beer pours a dark red color with a small pink head and medium lacing. It comes corked and capped - which I've never seen before. The aroma was very sweet and filled with fruity scents. The taste was very sweet and it reminded me of a good wine. The flavor is very strong of cherries and very enjoyable. This is not a beer drinker's beer, but it is more of a sweet wine drink. I really enjoyed the taste, but I wouldn't call this a beer. It's also quite expensive and has a very low ABV. (491 characters)

4.15/5  rDev +6.7%

A light red color like cran apple juice with a big bubbly pink head on top. Sugar and sour cherries leap into your nose. MMMMM

Very nice smooth brew with some tingly carbonation. Sour cherries are accompanied by a very sweet flavor to really excite the taste buds. It is a delightful brew, and although my experience with lambics is certainly limited, I find this to be quite enjoyable. It is much less tart than some others. I can't decide if I like it better that way or not. Definitely try it. (499 characters)

Quite tasty, but not really a 'true' lambic beer. This lambic pours a nice red colour with an off white, pink-tinged head. The aromas are of sour, black cherries and the taste is more of the same. This is a very syrupy-sweet lambic that many people will enjoy and some will not enjoy...Me, I enjoy it but I do like traditional lambic beers better. This is a very good lambic beer to try if you have never had a lambic before. The mouthfeel is good and the drinkability is on par as well.
Cheers!