Lindemans Kriek - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans KriekLindemans Kriek

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Quaffer on 07-28-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Kriek Alström Bros

jordanimal, Aug 21, 2014

Stagga_Lee, Aug 21, 2014

morrowd3, Aug 17, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -1.8%

I enjoyed it but would only drink it as a change of pace.
Pours a deep red with a red foam head, very sweet, very tart, more like a soda or a cider in flavor.
Overall great on a hot day.

Capt_kirk, Aug 16, 2014

birdsellam, Aug 06, 2014

tommyguz, Aug 05, 2014

Westyn, Aug 05, 2014
3.81/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

355 ml bottle was poured into a tulip.

Appearance: A minimal pink head was poured that reduced to a thin layer. It is a dark crimson color with no vision of anything. Nice lacing down the glass as the beer was drank.

Smell: Cherry, bready malts, sweetness, and a little funky.

Taste: Same as above with sweet cherries, a little tart and funky.

Mouthfeel: Smooth, light, tart, low to medium carbonation, and a little chewy.

Overall: Pretty nice kriek. Light and enjoyable.

Flounder57, Aug 05, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +17.8%

JoelClark, Aug 03, 2014

AlpacaAlpaca, Aug 03, 2014
3.95/5  rDev +3.4%

I picked up a bottle of Lindemans Kriek last week for $6.49 at the Lager Mill. I've never had this beer before and I've only had a Kriek once, it was a few years ago and I didn't care for it that much, but I thought it was time for me to give this style another try, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a green 355ml foiled and corked bottle into a Belgian style tulip.

A- The label looks ok, it's very typical for Lindemans, but the red foil on the bottle makes it a little eye catching. It poured a nice crimson like color that took on more of a brighter ruby hue when held to the light with a little over two fingers worth of fluffy light pink head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some nice patchy rings of lacing behind. This was a pretty good looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness that has a candy like aroma to it with the cherrys being the first to show up and they impart a sweet and slightly tart cherry like aroma that reminds me of some cherry concentrate and it also has a slight cough syrup like aroma to it. Up next comes a slight fermented like aroma with just a slight bit of lightly funky yeast coming through. This beer had a pretty nice aroma that really showcased the cherrys.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with the cherrys still being the first to show up and they impart a all those nice cherry concentrate aspects that I got from aroma without that light cough syrup like aspect. I didn't get any of that yeast aspect that I got in the aroma. On the finish there's just a little more sweetness with a higher amount of tartness and it had a nice cherry like aftertaste with the tartness just lingering for a second. This was a pretty good tasting beer, the cherrys were showcased nicely while imparting the just the right amount of tartness.

M- Smooth, fairly crisp, slightly mouth puckering, not too acidic, medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer had a pretty good mouthfeel that worked well with it.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and I thought it was a good example of the style, I don't have much experience at all with this style, but since it doesn't have that cough syrup taste that the first one had I would consider this a good one. This beer had good drinkability, it was smooth, fairly crisp, slightly mouth puckering, not too acidic, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, I think half the bottle is the perfect amount for a after dinner dessert beer, but i think I would have no problem drinking a bottle to myself, it just might take me a little bit to finish it. What I liked the most about this beer was the taste, it was pretty good and it did a good job of really showcasing the cherrys and making them the star of the show. What I liked the least about this beer was the aroma, it wasn't bad at all, but I think it would be a little better if it didn't have light cough syrup like aspect to it. I would buy this beer again and I would be interested to see how it ages. I would recommend it to people who love fruity and tart cherry beers. All in all I was a little impressed with this beer, I went into it thinking there's a good chance it could be a cough syrup bomb and the aroma didn't fully disprove that, but once I got to the taste I started to enjoy and appreciate this beer.So far this is now my Favorite Kriek and my favorite beer from Lindemans. Good job guys, this beer made for one nice dessert beer, keep up the good work.

StoutHunter, Aug 03, 2014