Lindemans Cassis - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans CassisLindemans Cassis

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  3.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-28-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Cassis Alström Bros
3.72/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I picked up a bottle of Lindeman's Cassis a few weeks ago for $6.49 at The Lager Mill. I've been meaning to get to this one for a while and the time has come for me to give it a try, so lets see how it goes. 2014 Vintage. Poured from a green 355ml corked and capped bottle into a Teku.

A- The label looks ok, it's got that classic Lindemans look and it's a little eye catching. It poured a very dark red color that took on more of a ruby and crimson color when held to the light with a little over a fingers worth of pink/red head that died down to a thin ring that eventually faded away and it left some patchy lacing behind. This is a good looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a pretty high amount of medium of sweetness with a big fruit aroma being the first to show up and it imparts a nice mixture of berry and grape like aroma that gives it an aroma that's a little similar to wine. Up next comes a medium sour aroma that followed by a little of funky yeast with a little more sweetness showing up at the end. This beer had a pretty nice aroma, I liked the combination of fruity and funky aromas.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of sweetness with that same fruity aspect from the aroma being the first to show up and it imparts more of a berry flavor this time. Up next comes a somewhat higher amount of sourness that is immediately followed by the sweetness to make for a pretty big sweet and sour flavor that goes right into a finish with some more sweet and sour berry flavors showing up in the aftertaste. This is a pretty nice tasting beer, but I wish the sweetness was toned down a little.

M- Fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little mouth puckering, not too acidic, a little crisp, on the thicker side of being medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation.

Overall I thought this was a pretty nice beer and I thought it was a nice example of the style, it had pretty much everything that I look for in the style, but the sweetness was pretty high and that made it much more of a dessert beer, but in the end I still enjoyed it. This beer didn't have the best drinkability, it was fairly smooth, a little cloying, a little mouth puckering, not too acidic, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, but the sweetness would prevent me from drinking the whole bottle so about half the bottle is a perfect amount for me. What I like the most about this beer was the sourness, it was mice and sour, I liked it. What I liked the least about this beer was the sweetness, it was just a little too high for me and I wish it was toned down a little. I would buy this again when I'm in the mood for a beer like this and I would recommend it to someone who likes sweet and fruity dessert beers. All in all I liked this beer, but i didn't love and I think if the sweetness was toned down a little it would be a pretty good beer. It's not my favorite Lindemans beer or my favorite of the style, but it's not bad by any means. Nice job guys, this was a solid fruit lambic, keep up the hard work.

4.17/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.42/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This is a tart beer because of the currants but it also has a horsey funk to it. It pours a deep purple color with a bright pink head. The head is very large and rocky. The aroma is of currants with a the same slight funk as the flavor.

4.99/5  rDev +30.6%

Drinks like a red sweet tart with a hint of beer in the finish. There should be more low ABV brews this good.

3.69/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.75/5  rDev +24.3%

2.75/5  rDev -28%

4.25/5  rDev +11.3%

Good.. You get all of the flavors described. For the wine drinkers, this is a nice way into the beer game.

3.5/5  rDev -8.4%