Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René - Brouwerij Lindemans

Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée RenéLindemans Gueuze Cuvée René

Brouwerij Lindemans visit their website

Gueuze |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 09-18-2002)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René Alström Bros

12oz capped and corked bottle (first beer to use a corkscrew on!) poured into my Duvel tulip. Label says bottled July 2010.

Appearance: Hazy golden color, pours with a huge white head that dissipates at a moderate pace and leaves no lacing.

Smell: Very tart, some lemon in there as well as sour apple

Taste: A tart as the smell would suggest, kinda fruity, lemon, sour apple, a little chalky, most of these flavors are strange to me and hard to describe. Some of it resembles the Ommegang beers I've had that were brewed with brett, but not on this level.

Mouthfeel: Mediumish body, high carbonation, encourages you to drink small amounts slowly.

Overall: Pretty good, but incredibly strange and foreign to me. I will try more sours, as they are interesting, but I will take my time with them. I will probably eventually revisit this when I get more experience with sours.

375mL (bottled 10/6/2011) into a tulip. Pours a clear coppery golden color w/ a big fluffy white head, vigorous carbonation.

Aroma is funky and vaguely sour, almost saison-like. Earthy, spicy, a little musty.

Taste is sharply acidic up front, lemony with an underlying sweetness, and then more sour on the finish.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied w/ a semi-dry finish. A little prickly from the carbonation.

Overall a pretty solid version of the style and certainly a good introduction, but better ones are readily available.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A handsome pour with a blanket of foam that Great yeasty aroma. Tastes of bark and dry fruit. The Belgian dry yeasty flavor is distinctive but not overly strong. Hints of apricot and biscuits.

A little acidic but I wouldn't call it sour. I think it's what the wild yeast/bacteria style of beer is supposed to taste like, not the vinegar bombs so touted in the American Wild category.

A very drinkable, lighter brew with the classic Belgian yeasty taste and bitterish finish. From the 750 ml bottle purchased at Best Damn Beer Store in San Diego.

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a Dogfish Head signature glass. Thanks to beerwolf for the hookup. I have never tried or reviewed this type of beer before. Take this with the proverbial grain of salt.

A: Cloudy gold color. Aggressive pour leads to a one finger head that disappears almost immediately to a thin ring. Little to no lacing to speak of.

S: Sour notes, funky yeast smells. I've heard barnyard, or barn floor. I guess that's an okay way to describe it, but it's really the sour that is in the forefront of my nose.

T: Has the flavors of a sweet tart, or spree even. Sour candy flavor that is wonderful. One of the most interesting beers I've had. Following the flavor of smarties is a yeasty taste that reminds me of sourdough bread.

M: Starts thin with tons of carbonation and finishes sticky and dry leaving my mouth in need of more. Man that sour really makes me pucker.

O: This is an eye opener for me. It's pretty cool what you can do with water, barley, hops, and yeast. This thing is like those sour patch kids without the sweet finish. It's really exceptional.

After taking off a few days from beer after a great tasting in Houston I decided to have one tonight. I've only had Gueze Lambics at tastings and never had a full bottle, so I'm excited, and am a rookie to this.

Poured into a Tulip

Appearance-A Golden honey color with nice carbonation streaming to the top. Head is a 3 finger white bubbly head that dissipates fairly quick, leaving very little lacing.

Smell-First thing I pick up is saison(ish) farmhouse funk. A few swirls in the glass and I get some apple and pear, slightly sour.

Taste-So I've been getting into sours, and I'm definitely about 50/50 with them right now, and thoguht i'd get more out of this buts rather easy to drink. The front of the lips i get some tart green apple then I get some pretty subtle belgian yeasts with a finish thats a little peppery and sour and pretty dry.

Mouthfeel-More on the light bodied side with moderate to high carbonation. Very easy to drink.

Overall-I can see why this beer is considered an entry level queze. It's very easy to drink, the tartness comes through. A beer I would definitely drink alot more often.

Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René from Brouwerij Lindemans