Overbite IPA - Old Forge Brewing Company

Overbite IPAOverbite IPA

Old Forge Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

(Beer added by: gestyr on 12-30-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
HerbScott

3.83/5  rDev +0.3%

bought two cases of the pint cans directly from the Old Forge Brewing Co". The cases were actually canned that very morning; which equals a very fresh IPA. We took a case to the OBX, refrigerated them for two days before we opened the first one, we all enjoyed a few pints.
This beer is a good, clean IPA with a traditional nose and palate. Not too much

07-18-2013 03:04:12 | More by HerbScott
mooseo

4.08/5  rDev +6.8%

16oz can into tulip.

A - Clear amber with a huge white head.

S - A blast of pine, citrus, and grapefruit hops. Hints of sweet caramel malt.

T - Citrus and grapefruit supported by a toasted caramel malt backbone. Finishes with a light earthy piney bitterness and lingering sweet graininess.

M - Creamy and smooth, medium bodied. Crisp mild carbonation, slightly dry finish.

O - This is a great IPA. Balanced and flavorful, definitely on the sweeter side, but the hop profile is pretty solid. Love the 16oz can.

07-18-2013 01:34:42 | More by mooseo
megamass

07-16-2013 21:43:22 | More by megamass
chrishensley

07-14-2013 15:26:27 | More by chrishensley
slader

3.99/5  rDev +4.5%

Like the pint can. Wish more brewers would offer this. ('Tall boys' are old school). Refreshing flavor that is unquestionably within the bounds of a classic
IPA brew. In an age when many brewers seem preoccupied with reinterpreting IPAs with heavy coffee and chocolate flavors I really appreciated this ale as an original yet authentic IPA..

07-13-2013 01:13:17 | More by slader

foureyedgeek

06-25-2013 01:43:42 | More by foureyedgeek
HuaJiao

4.2/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Served: On-tap in a frosty-chilled goblet.

Golden caramel in color - slightly cloudy.

Decent greeting of hop aroma, somewhat piney.

Solidly hoppy IPA, but not as bitter as I expected. Crisp with a flavor that doesn't especially linger. Good choice for a not-wussy IPA. Would certainly have again, but didn't rock my hop world. :)

06-24-2013 01:54:32 | More by HuaJiao

TongoRad

05-30-2013 00:06:48 | More by TongoRad
woodychandler

4.54/5  rDev +18.8%

I had picked this up on a recent visit to The Foodery (Northern Liberties) and put it aside while emptying bottles that had built up, but it is time to get back to The CANQuest (TM).

From the CAN: "We strive to honor personal craftsmanship. Our handcrafted beer is made in small batches to ensure quality and peak freshness. Brewed and CANned by Old Forge Brewing Company, Danville, PA."; "Overbite India Pale Ale is an Ameri[CAN] IPA with bug malt character giving perfect balance to the abundance of Pacific Northwest hops."; "Forging Better Beer".

The Crack was music to my ears and the inverted Glug was a sight to behold. I created a finger of thick, tawny head with good retention. Color was a deep coppery-amber with NE-quality clarity. Nose was minty, like winter in an evergreen forest. Listen, do you hear it?!? It's a screeching goldang monkey and it's on my back! I am not a hophead, I am a hop addict and beers like this only feed my addiction. Mouthfeel was medium but the searing bite of the hops was working to scrub away all of the weak and dead or dying taste buds on my tongue so that I could more thoroughly enjoy the taste. My heart was thumping like it wanted to burst from my chest and I covered my ears to try and drown out the monkey's howling. It began to worm its way into my tongue like a drop of hydrofluoric acid. I was reaching for a pair of pliers with which to extract my burning tongue from my head when suddenly a rush of euphoria hit me like an oncoming train and I fell over backwards from my chair. I felt the monkey crush underneath my weight and I took a deep breath. It was like a menthol inhaler. What malt?!? This was hops, baby! The finish was cool and minty and I decided to forgo mouthwash this evening. Let's do this again real soon.

I almost forgot to mention - another word for an overbite is "a malocclusion" and there was nothing mal- about this beer.

05-23-2013 22:54:18 | More by woodychandler

3.25/5  rDev -14.9%

05-20-2013 17:40:41 | More by touchmeimsac
AdamBear

4.35/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A-yellow gold with an almost complete lack of head which I find disturbing.

S-really strong scent of hops with a mix of citrus and herbs. Fairly malty. Good scent.

T-comes in with a taste of herbs and hops and grains. It's a strong flavor which I like. It's a straightforward flavor with out any sub flavors and lasts in to a nice long lasting after-taste.

M-medium creamy carbonation with a creamy finish

O-this is a pretty fair IPA. I'm surprised its scores aren't higher. The flavors could be more hoppy and fresh. There could be more bitterness. But it's drinkability is key here. I could have many cans of this.

05-14-2013 04:21:14 | More by AdamBear