Barnstown Triple Au Miel - Boquébière

Beer added by: eat on 11-14-2011

Reviews by wizo:
3.75/5  rDev +2.2%

3.6/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Bottle lists: 100% Quebec pils malt, hopped with Hallertauer, Willamette and Saaz, Cleveland Township wildflower honey. Pours a hazy honey-coloured body with a foamy off-white head, fading to a patchy cover. The colour changes to that of fresh-pressed apple juice with the yeast sediment added.

Lots of yeast on the nose, followed by the strongest scent of pennies (copper/iron/metallic) I've encountered in a beer. Faint tree fruit (pear, apple), honey and coriander.

Grain-y pils malt up front in the mouth; fruity/honey sweetness through the middle transitioning into alcohol toward the finish (bit strong tasting for 8.5%). Drying earthy hops linger. Maybe I'm imagining it but is there not a hint of lavender here? I'm tasting something reminiscent of their lavender wit. Not sure I enjoy honey as part of a triple, sweetness is a little high. Not too bad though.

Good medium body but carbonation is a bit too high and made up of large bubbles than average (as seen in the head).

This is actually okay, I think it's just not my preference. I could see others liking it enough to buy more than one; I won't be returning to this one though. I liked it at 3.5 but will give 4 since overall I'd say it deserves a bit higher of a score. After finishing this one, my fourth bottle from Boquebiere, I'd have to say that their packaging is a little more slick-looking than the flavour of the beer inside; they do seem to be headed in the right direction, however. I'll be picking up future releases from this brewery.

3.7/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle: Poured a hazy golden color ale with a large foamy head with good retention and some lacing. Aroma consists of sweet Belgian malt base with light peppery yeast notes and light honey notes also discernable. Taste is also a nice mix between some floral notes and some light peppery yeast with a semi-sweet Belgian malt backbone. Body is full with good carbonation and no apparent alcohol. Not the best the style has to offer but still well brewed and quite enjoyable.

Barnstown Triple Au Miel from Boquébière
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.