Barnstown Triple Au Miel - Boquébière

Boquébière visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  8.50% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: eat on 11-14-2011)
Reviews by wizo:
wizo

3.75/5  rDev +1.6%

02-08-2012 01:04:59 | More by wizo
eat

3.6/5  rDev -2.4%

Bottle lists: 100% Quebec pils malt, hopped with Hallertauer, Willamette and Saaz, Cleveland Township wildflower honey. Pours a hazy honey-coloured body with a foamy off-white head, fading to a patchy cover. The colour changes to that of fresh-pressed apple juice with the yeast sediment added.

Lots of yeast on the nose, followed by the strongest scent of pennies (copper/iron/metallic) I've encountered in a beer. Faint tree fruit (pear, apple), honey and coriander.

Grain-y pils malt up front in the mouth; fruity/honey sweetness through the middle transitioning into alcohol toward the finish (bit strong tasting for 8.5%). Drying earthy hops linger. Maybe I'm imagining it but is there not a hint of lavender here? I'm tasting something reminiscent of their lavender wit. Not sure I enjoy honey as part of a triple, sweetness is a little high. Not too bad though.

Good medium body but carbonation is a bit too high and made up of large bubbles than average (as seen in the head).

This is actually okay, I think it's just not my preference. I could see others liking it enough to buy more than one; I won't be returning to this one though. I liked it at 3.5 but will give 4 since overall I'd say it deserves a bit higher of a score. After finishing this one, my fourth bottle from Boquebiere, I'd have to say that their packaging is a little more slick-looking than the flavour of the beer inside; they do seem to be headed in the right direction, however. I'll be picking up future releases from this brewery.

11-14-2011 21:23:57 | More by eat
Phyl21ca

3.73/5  rDev +1.1%

Bottle: Poured a hazy golden color ale with a large foamy head with good retention and some lacing. Aroma consists of sweet Belgian malt base with light peppery yeast notes and light honey notes also discernable. Taste is also a nice mix between some floral notes and some light peppery yeast with a semi-sweet Belgian malt backbone. Body is full with good carbonation and no apparent alcohol. Not the best the style has to offer but still well brewed and quite enjoyable.

11-16-2011 19:48:59 | More by Phyl21ca
Barnstown Triple Au Miel from Boquébière
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.