Hefeweizen - Indigo Imp Brewery

No picture uploaded.

Indigo Imp Brewery visit their website
Ohio, United States

Hefeweizen |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Hoptometrist on 08-18-2011)
3.4/5  rDev -5%

12oz bottle poured into a weizen glass
A: Fortunately mine was not a gusher, but even a very slow pour quickly gave a head that went 3/4 of the way up the glass, and I had to let settle before pouring more. Once it settled, it shows a very hazy peach color with lots of carbonation.
S: Sour candy, peaches and wheat.
T: Sweet peaches and cherries up front, some wheat followed by an acidic finish.
M: Smooth with a pleasant tartness, a bit thin.
O: Comes across different from any other hefeweizen I've tried, largely due to the acidity. That being said, while I wouldn't be running out to get more, I do like it.

ONUMello, Sep 12, 2011
3.75/5  rDev +4.7%

Poured from the bottle into a weizen glass

A- This beer was a gusher, started gushing immediately as I opened the bottle , probably lost an ounce of beer. Poured a bright super hazy yellow, can't see through it at all. This beer looks like orange juice. Had a massive head, maybe six fingers of soapy head with lots of brown sediment chunks they recommended to pour in. This beer looked great, I would have given it higher marks if it didn't gush so much.

S- No aroma at all, except a vague sunscreen scent

T- Wow this is tart for a hefeweizen. Tart lemons, banana, and a little bit of a sunscreen like taste.

M- Really smooth with a nice body, prickly carbonation. Really refreshing

O- I liked this beer a lot more than I was expecting. I have not really liked anything I have had from this local brewery, but I decided to give this beer a shot since I love hefeweizens. It is not a really complex beer in the taste and definitely not in the aroma, but it does taste good. I would get this again. It tastes like a berliner weisse and hefeweizen hybird, which happen to be two of my favorite styles this summer. I have to give Indigo Imp credit, they try something different and even though it has not always worked for me I am interested in seeing what else they come up with.

Hoptometrist, Aug 18, 2011
Hefeweizen from Indigo Imp Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.